OFFICIAL 2007 Yard Sale thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well lets talk about today's treasures...

I found this at the first yard sale I went to. The router was $3 and the case was $0.50. I tried to CIF $2 but he looked at me and said, This thing is expensive. So I ended up having to give him $3.50 but got a neat little carry case for GB and a Linksys 802.11b Brouadband router, which is better than the D-Link I currently am using.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/503891003/

Not much of a story... I saw these on a table at the yard sale for $1 each. I ended up talking the woman into taking $1 for both items. I got:

Michael Jackson - Dangerous
Elton John - Greatest Hits 2

I like them both. The have some good songs on them and the price was right.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/503890709/

I found this item at the last yard sale I went ot before work. I saw this and initially thought that it looked kinda cheap but I walked back to it and asked how much it was. I had always wanted to get one. She told me it was $2. I bought it then. I then got to work to try to find the manual for it. I found thatthis model still is retailing for $80 - $100. I was amazed as it works as well. I am hoping that I get noew treasures as well with this recent find.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/503908165/

I ended up going to the pawn shop since I had some time. I found these 3 titles:

Legaia 2 (PS2)
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (PS2)
Doom 3: Collector's Edition Tin (XBox)

I ended up finally settling on $20 for all 3 games. Not to bad of a deal on this one.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/503852316/

Ironically enough, this is the same lady I bought some items from a previous time on the local forums when I scored FF7, Valkryie Profile, and others. She still had some PS1 games left so I checked the list again of what was available. I ended up getting all the PS1 games she had left. They were:

Brahma Force
Brave Fencer Musashi (w/ Strategy Guide)
Mechwarrior 2
Star Ocean 2nd Story
Tenchu Stealth Assassins (w/ Strategy Guide)

All of them had the manuals with them and she was still asking $5 each for them. I ended up though talking her into $15 for the lot since I bought them all at once. I was pretty excited since I have heard quite a bit about the Star Ocean series.

Part 1 http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/503852444/

Part 2 http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/503890827/

Apparently it looks like a few showers will be starting around 10 AMish which is awesome since all the yard sales I have mapped out are starting at 9.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Apparently it looks like a few showers will be starting around 10 AMish which is awesome since all the yard sales I have mapped out are starting at 9.[/quote]

Most of the sales have been canceld around here, and there is just a general lack of them.

This weekend is going to be one of my last doing garage sales for a while. One of my classes for the summer quarter is on Saturday and I'm going to be starting a job that will take up a good chunk of my Fridays. The job pays well for a part time job, so I don't have too much problem laying off the sales for a while. I can still go Thursdays and I really need to save some money. Not to mention that I'm running out of room for my stuff.

My finds this morning:

I got these for $1.50. I couldn't resist the board game for some reason and I thought those comics looking interesting. The guy there must have been a real trekkie. He had a ton of Star Trek: TNG comics.

I got these at the same sale. $1 for the book and $2 for the game.

$1 for these.

I then went to another neighborhood. I did pretty well here.

The router was $2, but it looks like it might be a Wireless B and not a G. Guildwars was a $1. I grabbed the H.G. Wells book for $0.05 and the other for $1. I picked up the 7th season of south park for $2. It was in pretty good condition.

One of the larger neighborhoods in my area had their sale today, but I passed. It is always way to packed and way to hard to navigate with a car.

$7.50- Xbox Complete, 2 controllers

$7.50- GameCube Complete, 2 controllers, 2 nintendo memory cards

HPIM0690.jpg

Well, the good thing is that it didn't rain much this morning in Massachusettes. But still most of the yardsales were canceled. I was able to make it to 4 sales in one neighborhood that was crawling with sailers. It was highly advertises as a HUGE all neighborhood yardsale, but only a few garage doors were open.

The one sale I did get was the xbox and gamecube together. They asked for $20 I countered with $15 CIF, they took it. Now I have a CG power supply and controller. Also they left a copy of Zelda: Wind Waker in there too.

Total Sales: 4

Total Spent: $15

[quote name='Larrabee213']$7.50- Xbox Complete, 2 controllers

$7.50- GameCube Complete, 2 controllers, 2 nintendo memory cards

HPIM0690.jpg

Well, the good thing is that it didn't rain much this morning in Massachusettes. But still most of the yardsales were canceled. I was able to make it to 4 sales in one neighborhood that was crawling with sailers. It was highly advertises as a HUGE all neighborhood yardsale, but only a few garage doors were open.

The one sale I did get was the xbox and gamecube together. They asked for $20 I countered with $15 CIF, they took it. Now I have a CG power supply and controller. Also they left a copy of Zelda: Wind Waker in there too.[/QUOTE]

Fantastic! Looking forward to today for me...3 huge community sales :bouncy: :bouncy:

Just got back from several sales in my area. I got:

Resident Evil 3 Nemesis (PS1) - $2
Trigger Man (PS2) - $3 :puke:

Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire (PC) - $5 (for my sister)

Some inspirational/self-help/business practicality/mental masturbation books - $6

Nintendo Gamecube w/ 2 controllers, adapters, memory card, Backyard Football & Sonic Adventure 2 Battle - $29 (asking price $30 but only had $29)

My wife and I hit a dozen or so yard sales this morning and I was amazed at how much was available, including:

- Two different Genesis systems with some games (mostly Sonic) for $10, including one Sega CD.
- Some old NES games (Baseball, Operation Wolf) for $1 each
- A GameCube, some old sports games, and a few controllers for $60.
- An N64, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask. (The sticker said "make an offer"
- Assorted PS2 games including old sports titles and Conflict: Desert Storm.
- Some Game Boy color titles for $1.

I didn't bite on the stuff, although it was impressive how much there was out there.

What a waste. All I picked up were 2 NES Controllers and an AC Adapter for $1. I saw several PS1/PS2/CUBE/XBOX etc. games but people wanted $5-$20 for fucking Madden 2002. People really think this stuff is worth money.

Today, I began my quest for CAG YardSale glory. lol

Todays Finds:

-NES system complete w/ all hookups, cable adapter, two controllers, 1 light gun, mario bros, duck hunt, and grand prix for 8$

Today's haul:

Total: $2.25. Maxtor 80gb, Western Digital 80gb, and the N64 thing that goes to Hey, You! Pikachu. The VRU was a quarter, so why the hell not. I've gotta test out the hard drives, hopefully they're good!

Other than that, I saw a few PS1 and PS2 games, a Game Boy Color with no battery door, and not much else.

Edit: Neither hard drive seems to work, oh well. It was a mother who said she'd cleaned her son's room and found them, so she had no idea if they worked or not.

[quote name='gizmogc']Fantastic! Looking forward to today for me...3 huge community sales :bouncy: :bouncy:[/quote]

I was surprised to find such a great deal, and that was at my first sale of the day.

Powered them u, both worked perfectly, and Madden 06 was left in the Xbox.

BONUS:):)

[quote name='Larrabee213']I was surprised to find such a great deal, and that was at my first sale of the day.

Powered them u, both worked perfectly, and Madden 06 was left in the Xbox.

BONUS:):)[/QUOTE]
Wish I could find a working xbox that cheap. I've been wanting to mod one and it'll cost atleast $50 to fix the drive in my broken one.

[quote name='erehwon']Wish I could find a working xbox that cheap. I've been wanting to mod one and it'll cost atleast $50 to fix the drive in my broken one.[/quote]

I would like to know what others think, but I think it helps going to high class neighborhoods. This family said their son got a 360 and doesn't touch the GC or xbox anymore, so they just wanted to get rid of them.

Looking back I should have picked up the games, but they wanted $2 a piece, and I wanted to get in and out. Some good games too like pikmin and zelda, and some xbox games... Lesson learned.

[quote name='Larrabee213']I would like to know what others think, but I think it helps going to high class neighborhoods. This family said their son got a 360 and doesn't touch the GC or xbox anymore, so they just wanted to get rid of them.

Looking back I should have picked up the games, but they wanted $2 a piece, and I wanted to get in and out. Some good games too like pikmin and zelda, and some xbox games... Lesson learned.[/quote]
Yeah, definitely be as thorough as possible.

As for neighborhoods making a difference, I'd like to agree, but I think there are more factors than just that. There can be spoiled brats pretty much anywhere, and likewise, there can be people pretty much anywhere who recognize and respect their property. A lot of success at CAG'ing flea markets and yard sales depends on people not knowing what their stuff is worth. I could have skipped the Game Gear I got for $15, but it was worth it to me, and I could tell it was worth more than that to them...the way they gushed on that system, it was like the GBA, PSP, and DS had never been released =P

Bottom line is, it's just as possible to find the whole spectrum in a high or low-class neighborhood. You can tell when people are rich because they have respect for what they have and what it took to earn it, and when they're rich because they won the lottery or got an inheritance.

My best haul of the year by FAR. Thanks to the little farm town of Kouts, IN and their townwide garage sale!

I drove around for about 3 hours this morning, put in about 3 miles of walking and had nothing except for a genesis system w/3 games for $8, a few dreamcast games and a few gba systems. I then hit the mother load! I found this one guy selling off his ps1 and ps2 collection...

MVC-001S.jpg

$5 each for the PS1 games, $4 each for the Dreamcast games!!! If this is the stuff he had left, I can only imagine what he had earlier in the day!

MVC-002S.jpg

$8 each for the PS2 games, $2 each for the GBA systems and games!

I also picked up a nice Pioneer 400W receiver and some 15" Fisher Speakers for $60. All together a very nice day!

Awesome find brian. I'm rather jealous of you finding Valkyrie Profile. I'd love to find a cheap copy so I can have a complete and working game. I'm stuck playing off of an image of disk 2 in epsxe, since my disk 2 turned out to be damaged.

DOes it have to be video game related stuff? ANyway, here is what I've gotten:

Donkey Kong 64 Guide (.50)
The Official Pokemon Handbook (.50)
Sonic and Knuckles Dolls (.25 each)
2 Foxtrot books (.25 each)

Went to my first yard sale ever (yes, ever) today. I found an original Game Boy with 2 games: Tetris and Jeopardy (eww). It was $6 and it was a church sale so I figured I'd buy it sinced I never had one before. It was boxed with all manuals. I also got a Light Boy for $1. Not the best deal overall but I couldn't resist!

Well today was about as good as yesterday thoug hI did get a couple cool things

The first sale I went to was a street-wide yard sale. Nothing was really exciting though except this though. She wanted $3 for the tray and I tried to talk her down but she wouldn't budge. When she was giving me change though I found the pokemon book and asked if she would take both items for $3. She said this was fine though. A decent start...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/504662015/

I stopped in at a local thrift store and scored these 2 items. Not really any big story. They were $1 each so I picked them both up. They do work though. They are:

Karnov
After Burner

Not Game & Watch nostalgic but they are pretty fun. I still have my handheld of Mega Man 3 and Double Dragon like these.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/504661779/

I found these at the last sale I went to. She had each PS2 game marked $5 and $4. I tried to offer her $5 for both but she said no. However, she countered with $6 and since one was a Guncon game and I happen to have a guncon, I went for it. I ended up getting:

Ninja Assault
Half-Life

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/504661915/

Gah hit like 30 houses today, nothing but overpriced sports games.

About the well to do houses giving good deals, it's not necessarily the case. I went to an area with 1mil+ houses and the lady there wouldn't sell me her son's cartridge only mario 64 for 3 bucks (which is already high). So far I've noticed the cheapest things I've boughten were found scattered in boxes, usually because the person doesn't even know they have it.

For the past few weeks I've only went to a small area with a few houses here and there. Today, I finally went to a large block sale. It was advertised as 200+ houses, but not every house was selling, it was more like 30. Anyways, I picked up a few things. I met a guy who was about to sell me a box of comics for $5, but I left my car parked far away, and by the time I got there the closed for the day.

IMG_1081.jpg

The first was all 3 anime VHS, Baldur's Gate, the manga and the figure. All for $11. I semi failed my CIF :( I ended up whipping out my $2 bill on top of the $9 I was offering.

Then I got the small Velveteen Rabbit book for .50 cents. Couldnt pass it up, favorite childhood book ^_^"

Then I got the Micheal Moore book from the last sale I went to for $1. Good condition except the owner wrote her name in it.

Also, anyone know where the figure is from? It feels as if I've seen her before, so I picked it up. Kinda looks like Matoko from Kanon, can anyone confirm or deny?
IMG_1082.jpg

Today I snagged:

House of the Dead 2 (DC), mediocre condition
Resident Evil: Code Veronica (DC), mediocre condition
Tomba! 2 (PSX) disc only, mediocre condition
Robo Pit (Saturn), great condition
Snowboard Kids (!), N64, cart only, great condition

Wallet of misc. PSX games, most scratched a little:
Dino Crisis 2
Sim City 2000
MediEvil II
& a few others

Sega CD, Model 2, complete/mint in box

Originally asking $3 per game and $15 for the SegaCD, I CIF'ed $15 for the lot, she countered with $25, settled on $20. I'm going to be quite surprised if half the stuff I got in this deal works (the CD in box is nice, and the Saturn game looks fine, so does SnowBoard Kids). Probably going to flip the CD and spare games.

Dropped by another sale, asked about video games, they said they had some they were just going to throw out (and had sitting outside in the light rain in a box) - a slightly damp NES Light Zapper, Game Genie (with book), cleaning kit, and assorted instruction manuals, all free.

My friends and I also dropped by CircuitCity, I noticed a bunch of games on clearance and grabbed Fire Emblem for GBA for $14.99 and Beyond Good & Evil for $13.99. They had the Pokemon XD and Batallion Wars Guides for $4 and $5 each, respectively, but I passed on those. I picked up their only copy of Avatar Book 1 Collection for $59.99, planning on stopping back on my way to work tomorrow or Monday to pricematch it down to 10.99 - 5.99 = $5.00 =D ( http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137962 )

Not much of a yard saling day, since my car stalled out last night =( So, it looks like I'll be eBaying all of my spare stuff ASAP for a repair or replacement vehicle, and taking the bus most of this week.

Ok I've been doing yard sales for many years now but this will be my first score post.

Hit about 30 houses today and 2 organized yard sale flea markets in parking lots. I got a lot of other non gaming items but here's just a pic of today's gaming score. 30 bucks for everything in the pic, original owner, extremley clean. Please let me know what you think about this score for the price..

yea151by7.jpg

[quote name='Link927']

Also, anyone know where the figure is from? It feels as if I've seen her before, so I picked it up. Kinda looks like Matoko from Kanon, can anyone confirm or deny?
IMG_1082.jpg
[/quote]

It's Makoto from Kanon. Socks are a dead give away.

makoto_sawatari.gif

I couldn't tell you if it is an official one though. There are just so many releases of those toys and bootlegs.
http://www.tveyecandy.com/tvtphotos/j2899.jpg

[quote name='cag1000']Ok I've been doing yard sales for many years now but this will be my first score post.

Hit about 30 houses today and 2 organized yard sale flea markets in parking lots. I got a lot of other non gaming items but here's just a pic of today's gaming score. 30 bucks for everything in the pic, original owner, extremley clean. Please let me know what you think about this score for the price..

yea151by7.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Is that a saturn in the background? If so, I'd say it's an okay find. You don't see many master systems and it looks like you got a saturn as well. Just be sure to check that master system gun. The one that came with the system I found didn't work.

05/18
-----
Sega Genesis system
Three origional Controllers (2 three button, 1 six button)
all Hookups
-Sonic 2
-Jeopardy! sports edition
-Pga Tour Golf II
-College Basketball
-College Football
-NHL 94
-NHL 97
-Nigel Mansell's World Championship Racing
--All games have boxes and booklets--

5 bucks total

-------------------
(Nes Games only)
TMNT
Paperboy
Nascar
mario/duckhunt

2 bucks total

------------------
5/19
----------
Nes System
Three controllers (two regular, one NEs Max COntroller)
Grey Zapper
all hookups
-Ducktails

Free!

-------------
(Games Only)
Q-Bert (atari)
Gorf (Coleco-Vision)
Vigilante (Sega Master System, Cart only)
Great Baseball (Sega Master System, w/ box and booklet)
Enduro Racer (Sega Master System, w/ box and booklet)
Thunder Blade (Sega Master System, w/ box and booklet)
Altered Beast (Sega Master System, w/ box and booklet)
Duckhunt (nes)

5 bucks total

------------------
(Snes games only)
-Carrier Aces
-Yoshi's Island
-Pilotwings
-Batman Forever

4 bucks total

--------------------
Snes System
Three Controllers
All Hookups
-PGA Tour Golf
-Nba Live 95
-Madden 97
-Super Mario World

7.75 total, but my sister is going to buy the system off me for 8 bucks and i'm keeping the games and one controller so its free!

------------------------
saved the best for last!

atari 2600
four controllers
all hookups
Included papers (all in mint or very very very mint condition):
-Origional Manual
-Activision game catalouge: spring 82, summer 82, winter 82,
-Atari catalouge: dated 1981, dated 1982
-Data age Catalauge (X2)
-I Magic Catalauge
Games (all in boxes with booklets)
-Cosmic Ark
-Warplock
-Berzerk
-Sky Jinks
-Grand Prix
-Combat
-Airlock
-Firefighter
-Encounter at L-5
-E.T. (lame)
-Canyon Bomber
-Space Combat
-Atlantis
-Star Ship
-Astroids
-Soccer
-Space War
-Pac-Man (yessssssss)
-Bugs
-Pitfall!
-Haunted House
-Frogger
-Chopper Command
-Slot Racers
-Riddle of the Sphinx
-SSSnake
-Golf

total 5 bucks
-----------------
Grand total Spent: $28.75
After my sister pays me: $21

I got most of this stuff from a yard sale yesterday. I didn't think there would be anything, But there was a box of junk and then I saw a saturn! And then I found a N64! I almost passed up on Majora's mask and the GBA game because they were buried. They didn't have the saturn games out, I asked if they had any more stuff.

Dreamcast:

Test Drive 6 - Complete
Wild Metal - Complete

GBA:

Ready 2 Rumble Boxing - Loose

NES:

Super Mario Bros. 3 - Loose

N64:

N64 Expansion Pack
Super Smash Bros Manual
System with One controller and cables
Zelda Majora's Mask - Loose

Playstation:

Final Fantasy VII - Complete, Very good condition

R Zone:

Area 51 - Loose
Batman Forever - Loose
Two R Zone systems, One is battery acid flavored
Virtua Cop - Loose

Saturn:

Die Hard Arcade - Complete
Guardian Heroes - Loose
System with 2 controllers & cables
World Series Baseball - Complete

Other stuff:

GTA Vice City Case and manual (PS2 version)
NBA Jam T.E. case and manual (Saturn version)
Pac man bank (This is cool)

All for $9.69! I bought the second R zone, (And two of the R Zone games) The dreamcast games, And the Pac man bank today.

[quote name='erehwon']Is that a saturn in the background? If so, I'd say it's an okay find. You don't see many master systems and it looks like you got a saturn as well. Just be sure to check that master system gun. The one that came with the system I found didn't work.[/quote]

Yea it's a Saturn with the gun all hook ups power cord and 3 games Virtua Fighter 2, Virtua Cop and Hydro Thunder.

[quote name='Gara']It's Makoto from Kanon. Socks are a dead give away.

makoto_sawatari.gif

I couldn't tell you if it is an official one though. There are just so many releases of those toys and bootlegs.
http://www.tveyecandy.com/tvtphotos/j2899.jpg[/QUOTE]

I had a feeling, thanks. Too bad its missing the stand and the hair ribbons. I just noticed it in a box of figures, mixed with some various toys. I remember seeing that figure set on ebay too, but I couldnt find that pic.

[quote name='cag1000']Yea it's a Saturn with the gun all hook ups power cord and 3 games Virtua Fighter 2, Virtua Cop and Hydro Thunder.[/QUOTE]

Hydro Thunder is a Dreamcast game so don't get discouraged if the Saturn doesn't boot that one up. :)

This is what I picked up today.

$3 Super Mario 64
Was $4, but I talked her down. I've been needing to get this. They also had smash brothers, but I passed since I don't have anyone to play with any only one n64 controller.
$0.10 Pokemon Silver
I got this to go with the box I got from another sale for free.
$4 D and King's Field
I got these from someone I hadn't seen in a while, so I didn't try to talk her down in price.
$2 Xmen 3
I picked this up from my last sale today along with a new remote for our cable box. I might go back tomorrow and see if I can get her xbox for a good deal.

I just realized, do communties with many small children often equal little to no games? During today's sales, many of the houses I went to had small children helping their parents, and there werent any video games, maybe some small bikes or stuffed animals, but nothing related to games. Does this usually count true since they dont really have any "old games" they want to get rid of, or was this just a coincidence?

not had much time for yardsales, but have been hitting pawnshops almost everyday, yesterday was scarface for xbox $5, this is the second copy i have found, i love yardsaling but with the cost of gas i love the old pawn shop, same place everyday,also picked up lesure suit larry for the xbox for $5, went to like 15 or 20 sales and didnt find crap, except amped 2 for xbox for 10 dollaars figured i would pass on this one

[quote name='Link927']I just realized, do communties with many small children often equal little to no games? During today's sales, many of the houses I went to had small children helping their parents, and there werent any video games, maybe some small bikes or stuffed animals, but nothing related to games. Does this usually count true since they dont really have any "old games" they want to get rid of, or was this just a coincidence?[/quote]

That's the general rule I've noticed. If I see a playset or a lot of children's clothes I usually skip the sale.

Unless they're young parents who grew up on NES's or something. But if I read an ad in the newspaper saying lots of young kids items, it there are no other sales in the general area, i'll skip the area.

[quote name='Link927']I just realized, do communties with many small children often equal little to no games? During today's sales, many of the houses I went to had small children helping their parents, and there werent any video games, maybe some small bikes or stuffed animals, but nothing related to games. Does this usually count true since they dont really have any "old games" they want to get rid of, or was this just a coincidence?[/quote]

I usually don't hit those kind of areas where there is alot of new housing and new families. The most typical response is that the kids havent hit that phase yet (thankfully they say). Maybe my area is just too wholesome (hippies) or something but alot of people don't let their kids near video games.

My best scores are usually from older gamers or from parents who found the stuff laying around after the brat left. You never know though

Dazz, nice score on the Liberty or Death, I think those games are pretty sought after by collectors...hence they have some value.

[quote name='kube00']Dazz, nice score on the Liberty or Death, I think those games are pretty sought after by collectors...hence they have some value.[/QUOTE]
I checked and Digital Press has them listed as a 6.

hit a good load today out on the garage sale

- found a brand new SNES, everything is still covered in original plastic
- about 30 N64 games, some still new in the box
- n64 without hookups,
- a bunch of miscellaneous pokemon stuff
- nintendo monopoly
for $55

$10 for NES with 10 other games, took it home worked perfectly and no blowing into the console

golden sun for gba for 25 cents

[quote name='Gara']I usually don't hit those kind of areas where there is alot of new housing and new families. The most typical response is that the kids havent hit that phase yet (thankfully they say). Maybe my area is just too wholesome (hippies) or something but alot of people don't let their kids near video games.

My best scores are usually from older gamers or from parents who found the stuff laying around after the brat left. You never know though[/quote]

See, I hit that alot, new housing, young couples with children. But you can never honestly tell if they won't have anything good by driving slowly in the car and seeing alot of baby clothes and things. But of course, my theory is always proven wrong. But there could always be that one garage sale that has a box under the table that you can't see from the driveway.

And more on what garage sales to hit that would be a high percentage in video game related material. My theory(s) are lower class garage sales. Because imo, poor people are pack rats. I know I am. And you accumulate alot of junk that you don't want anymore and want to get rid of by selling it for a cheap price because you need to make room for more junk. Moms in their 40's at the garage sale is usually a good sign to me as well, because they would likely have kids in their teens/20's, that are tired of seeing it lying around and want it gotten rid of for any cost. The 40's idea works for me alot of times.

My buddy and I were going garage saleing yesterday, and we were each conversing out strats and thoughts on what would be the best. His idea was that Rich people, who buy so much crap for their kids, that they forget what they paid for it, since they bought so much and offer a price that might be to a disadvantage to them. And my idea on 'Rich People' Garage sales is that, it would be highly unlikely that they'll have vintage stuff and more newer items, which I'm sometimes looking for, but you gotta love the classics! :)

Nothing of console related other then spotting OVER PRICED sports games that the people wont drop in pricing. I did score a Logitech 5000 mx desktop bundle that is very lightly used. The batteries in keyboard still show 100% and there are no marks or dirt on keyboard or mouse all together. This is a laser/bluetooth set that get great reviews after the recent software/firmware upgrade.

Paid $15 for it with CIF!!!

Did score the cardboard GOW promotion from an eb games manager for $3

[quote name='martin8me']I bought a '86 Mario's Cement Game & Watch for a buck. They go as high as $40 on Ebay.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I wish I could find my Zelda Game Watch, awesome little fold up game.

[quote name='Zon27']Damn, I wish I could find my Zelda Game Watch, awesome little fold up game.[/quote]
Yeah I was suprised how fun they are. Heck I'm even using the alarm clock feature to wake me up in the morning. Ah how I love those beeps;)

I got an Atari Jaguar with 2 controllers, cords, box, and Flashback, Flip Out!, Pinball Fantasies, Zool 2, Zoop, Kasumi Ninja, and Cybermorph games for $5. This was all in the Jaguar box, but the Jaguar box was in a bigger box. Also in the bigger box was an Aura Interactor, Precision Instruments gray joystick with purple buttons, another 4 button joystick with adjustable axes, Precision Instruments Joypad, Propad 6 controller, and a Nintendo A/C adapter.

At another sale I bought an Xbox for $30. I got it home and the drive wouldn't eject. After opening up the case, I discovered it was a Hitachi DVD drive so I opened it up and greased all the gears. I blew out the case and now it's working.

I found an OCC bike for my nephew's birthday for $22.50. It's purple, but he likes it.

I bought a fatty PS2 for $20 that the guy guaranteed to work. It didn't and surprisingly I got my money back. At this same sale, I got Astal for Sega Saturn in case, but no manual for $.50.

I got Dragon Warrior 3 for GBC at another sale for $1.

At another sale I got The Simpsons Season 7 DVD set in Marge's plastic head for $3. I also got a talking Darth Vader mask/helmet for $1. It even works! It looks like this http://cgi.ebay.com/DARTH-VADER-Tal...ryZ99970QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I got a bottle of Dasani water at one sale for $.33 and passed on 3 suitcases for $.50 each. I probably should have bought one since I don't have any and may need one in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back