OFFICIAL 2007 Yard Sale thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back, hit about 15 sales. I had a pretty decent weekend, nothing really exciting, but everything was really cheap, I didn't even need to haggle!

At this sale I asked if they had any video games, they said that they sold an n64 with a bunch of games a few minutes ago, BUT, then his son went inside to find "anything he didn't want to keep." He brought out this:

$5:

- NES System, complete, with arcade stick
- SM/DH
- Bart vs. the World
- RAMBO
- SMB 2

- Pokemon Stadium 2
- S.C.A.R.S.

I said, "$5." TAKE IT! So that was a good deal

HPIM0742.jpg

Next I went to a street wide yardsale with about 10 yard sales. I found this at the first one. An older man saw me looking through a bag of genesis stuff and said $1 just take it! So I gave him the buck without hesitation.

$1:

- Genesis System 2 Complete
- Sonic 1
- Sonic Spinball
- Robotnic Mean Bean Machine
- Thunder Force II
- HellFire
- James Bond 007: The dual

HPIM0743.jpg

Then I went to another sale on the street and picked up these for $5 for everthing:

$5:

(N64)
- Diddy Kong Racing
- Crusin' World
- Rumble Pack

(Sega)
- Ms. pac Man
- World of Illusion

(PS2)
- Micro Machines
- MX 2002

(PS1)
- Dave Mirra
- DM MAx Remix
- WWF Warzone
- Speed Punks

HPIM0744.jpg

Still no SNES stuff at yard sales. Real bummer. Something I did this week for the first time was turn down games because I already have them, or because they were just shit like Madden 2004. I will report back from the flea market tomorrow morning!

I got Zelda Majora's Mask N64 for $1. The cartridge is gold and the label is like an old Sportsflick baseball card-the picture moves as you tilt the game back and forth. This was packaged with an N64, 2 controllers, and Superman for $12, but I didn't want the other stuff.

I also got a Sega Game Gear with Sonic 2 and World Series Baseball '95, a carrying bag, and car charger for $3. She wanted $5. Did these come with rechargeable battery packs or can I just hook it up in the car and play it without batteries?

An RCA shelf stereo system 5 disc carousel, 2 tape decks, and radio with 2 main speakers and 2 surround sound speakers was mine for $7 haggled down from $10.

I also got a 16 ounce bottle of Deja Blue water for $.50. No haggling required here.

I passed on UFC for PS2 at $1 and a stack of Xbox games at $5 each. The only title I remember is Big Mutha Truckers. I also passed on a 1st generation Genesis with no hookups or controllers at $1.

Last week I got Tekken Advance GBA for $.50 and a Gameshark for Dreamcast for free. Is a CD required to use this on the DC? All I got was the part that goes in the controller.

[quote name='ragtop70']
I also got a Sega Game Gear with Sonic 2 and World Series Baseball '95, a carrying bag, and car charger for $3. She wanted $5. Did these come with rechargeable battery packs or can I just hook it up in the car and play it without batteries?

.[/quote]

You can hook it up in the car with the car charger and play without batteries. Everywhere else I think it takes batteries. There was probably some sort of wall hook in at the time, but not sure.

I got a sega saturn, a controller, and nhl 98, nfl 97 and sim city 2000 today for a dollar. It was in a basket that was being sold for a dollar and the stuff I bought was on the inside. It came with no hookups or anything so i think im going to get em off of amazon or something.

Larrabee213 I think you made a typo (Hellfire) :p

Good deal I'd say as just that game alone would have been a no brainer for a buck since it's rather uncommon and is a decent shooter.

[quote name='FOnewearl']Larrabee213 I think you made a typo (Hellfire) :p

Good deal I'd say as just that game alone would have been a no brainer for a buck since it's rather uncommon and is a decent shooter.[/quote]

Got it thanks!

OK, this is my 1st post in the yardsale threads, cuz this is the 1st time I found anything game-related. For $50 I got:

Working NES system (all hookups) & these Cart-only games):
2 regular controllers
2 gun contollers
Joystick Controller
Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers
DOuble Dragon 2
Mario/Duck Hunt
Mario/Duck Hunt/Track Meet
120 Degrees
Section Z
TMNT 2: The Arcade Game
Winter Games
Kung-Fu
Kid Niki
The Punisher
Zelda (gold cart)

Sega Nomad (I think it needs a blacklight replacement, which I can do)
World Championship Soccer (cart)
Jurassic Park (cart)
Vectorman (cart)
Talespin (complete)
Tournament Golf (complete)
Skitchin (complete)

Mario Kart 64
The Lost World (complete) PS1
Vigilante 8 (game only) PS1
GTA Complete
GTA London Complete
Gex 3 Complete
Halo 2 (no manual)
Sonic Heroes (no manual)
Donkey Konga 2 complete

Being that this was my 1st time finding anything, please tell feel free to tell me how I did.

Got a little bit of a late start today (8:45) . So i decided to stop at a local flea for a quick look around and walked out with these.

1001284jp1.jpg

DMC3 - complete
TOTAL - $3
CIF from IAP of $5. I've been looking for this on the cheap

1001285hk6.jpg

Kinks 2 Cd - To The Bone
Final Fantasy 2
TOTAL - $5
Guy wanted $5 on his SNES games and $2 for CD's. These were the two gems of his lot . I CIF'd $4 but he came back with $5 which was fine with me cause the CD has been on my want list and would of easily paid $8 for that alone.

After the flea I was kinda spontaneous and decided to hit the highway and explore a new territory . I decided to travel 18.7 miles and get off at the first exit after that point. As fate would have it, I picked a lucky milemarker.

The first sale I hit off the exit I scored this

1001287dw8.jpg
1001289rt4.jpg

NES system complete + Quickshot controller
48 Atari games
13 NES games - notables Dr. mario, SMB3, Contra, tengen Ms pac Man (complete)
2 Genny games complete
GB TMNT cart only
A dozen or so Atari controllers + power supplys and misc wires
TOTAL: - $3
I pulled up to this sale and noticed the stack of controllers laying on the ground all pretty dirty. I looked around through some boxes on the righto f the stack cause they had VHS tapes and books and what not thinking I could find the systems or games to go with the controllers, but found nothing . To my left was a couple of boxes with curtains and bedsheets. The box to the immediate left of the wires was packed high and the box to the left of that one was practically empty. Something told me to look in the highly packed box and when I dug to the bottom I found the NES and Atari games. I moved the linens to the emptier box. I then asked the lady running the sale how much for the games in the box. She said anything in that box is .25. I immediately responded with " will you take $3 for the box and these wires" She did.

I then drove around for about another hour finding nothing more than a local Diner with a surprisingly clean bathroom and a good cup of coffee. I decided to call it a day. So I found my way back to the highway but could no resist stopping at one last sale before I did, and boy was I glad I stopped. The last sale of the day I got these.

1001290ro8.jpg

Castlevania SOTN
Metal Gear
PE
All complete and as good as new
TOTAL $4
I pulled up and asked for games. The lady said she had none, but then her young daughter said what about Dreamcast games? I said sure. So the mom's goes inside and comes out with a rack of about 50 games mostly DC. She then says there $3 each. I initially thought I'm getting this whole rack.
But upon further inspection they were mostly sports and racing games and other games that I already own or games with little resale value. I did find these in the mix and CIF'd $4. She was very hesitant, looking at the money then looking at me then looking at the money then looking at me..... I did'nt say a word. Then after what seemed like a good minute she accepted

I didn't get too much this week. My first find on Friday was at a sale I saw on the way to another and turned out to be my best gaming find this weekend.

$0.50
Metal Gear
Punch Out
Demon Sword

They were a little wet and dirty was able to get them for fifty cents. There was also a nes in the box, but I don't need a third nes. Well, I might pick up another if I could find a toploader.

$1
Bag of cases for portable games with two Neo Geo pocket games. I think I saw game gear, gameboy, gba, and NG pocket game cases.

My next good find was at a bookstore which advertised a 75% sale in the garage sale section.

$10
Freedom's Choice
Anne McCaffrey's Dragon's Fire
The Dragon and the Fair Maid of Kent
Wild Arms The 4th Detonator

I couldn't resist picking these up at 75% off. The Wild Arms book is in Japanese. It has some art and some info on some of the characters and enemies. It seems like a strange find for that store. I've never seen anything like it before at that store.

The only thing I picked up today was a pci card for adding in more IDE hard drives. I did miss what looked like one good sale. I riding with the family on the way to a company picnic. On this corner was a sale with an arcade cab. I probably couldn't have afforded the cab, but I was hoping to see if they had anything else interesting. It was a Sega Wonderboy cab. I would have liked to just take a look at it. I don't see many arcades anymore.

[quote name='erehwon']There was also a nes in the box, but I don't need a third nes. [/quote]

How come I can never find an NES when I go out?? If you find another, buy it please and I will reimburse you or trade ya some game swag for it. Deal?

erehwon, care to part with that PCI card? I have two IDE DVD burners and my Dell won't let me run both of them in Ultra DMA off the motherboard. The second is always in PIO mode no matter what I do.

[quote name='Slate']Unbelieveable. Are you keeping it?[/quote]

So i went by this week to just see what the same garage sale had. And lo and behold they had another guitar hero 2 /w controller.

So i bought a 2nd one, invited my friend to play it (so i could get the multiplayer acchievements). Then i ended up trading both guitar heros to GameCrazy (on account of thier 50% bonus trade in)

and ended up getting a psp and lumines 2

no pictures since the camera isn't working, but that was just the start of my troubles Saturday...

I got called into work on the way to the first sale @ 6:50 AM. Luckily it was a 5 min fix and was already out the door and back in the car by 6:55. But when the key went in the ignition...nothing. My battery had died and I kept jumper cables in my truck and the wife didn't have any in her car since that is what I was driving.

Luckily one of my yard sale buddies called me with some news. He picked up a few games for me... He picked up:

Bug! (Saturn)
Panzer Dragon 2 Zwei (Saturn)
Knife Edge (N64)
Nuclear Attack (N64)
Cosmic Carnage (32X)
MetalHead (32X)
Space Harrier (32X)
Eternal Champions (Gen)
4 PS1 Memcards

He owed me $10 for a bayonet he bought and didn't have any cash for so he asked if this would call it even. I was pretty excited about these items especially since I've heard so many good things about Panzer Dragon.

I think I used up any luck I had last week by finding MegaMan 3 and Dragon Warrior III at the same yard sale.

This week was pretty much a bust, no gaming-related items at the yard sales Saturday (other than a random sealed Croc game for $1) , so I was off to the flea markets Sunday (gasp!) I first stopped at the one that had occasionally worked for me in the past (bought Soul Calibur II for GC for $10 a month after it came out).

Soon I reakized I was competeing with other people looking for games. A guy had an NES system sitting there, and I heard a guy ask "How much is the Nintendo? Any games for it?" The guy wanted $20 and didn't have any games.
Walked around a bit and saw a guy pulling lots of games out of his truck. But soon I realized he ONLY had games and that he had a sign up "We buy your used games" Crap. I saw a copy of FFVII non-GH sitting there, but the case was scratched to hell, so I wonder what condition the discs were in. He said it was $10. I know people for some reason pay a lot more for the game on eBay (why? It was so common just a few years ago....), but I wouldn't buy. Another person in his early 20s came up, saw it, and grabbed it right away. So I looked in his truck and saw other games there. "Those are for eBay." Yeah, I had to leave there.

As I walked around I picked up:
Tetris Plus, complete - $0.50
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, disc only w/ rental stickers - $1
Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition, Genesis, complete - $2

Deciding that this one was a bust, I stopped at the other flea market that was on the way home. Bought these:

Spyro: Year of the Dragon, complete -$1
Q-Bert (playstation), complete -$1
Rayman, complete - $1

A guy had two NES systems in a box, but left the hookups and controllers at home. Half of the games were in boxes. The only notable game was Castlevania III (cart only of course-darn). He said people took games out of it earlier in the day. Dammit, I wish I knew what they took out.

I also bought a Mario Ball for fifty cents because I thought it was funny. It's like this one. LINK

Some nice deals last Saturday, picked up The Departed Blu-Ray Edition (No insert though) and Final Fantasy XII for $5 each...Now I just need to find a PS2 for cheap.

Very crappy day but a few things:

Loco Roco PSP New
Golf game for PS2 with all these sensores and whatnot (seen it at target b4)

10$

Pokemon Stadium Complete
Mario Party 3 - Box and Manual

3$

2 ft tall Spyro Plush
Mario Toy
2 Sonic Toys
DS Case

2.50$

Small Spyro Plush

.50$

And the best find:

Breath of Fire III Guide
FF Anthology Guide
Oni Guide
Commandos Guide

2$

Guy offered me BOFIII Disc Only for 10$ but I wanted a complete version

My greatest find in a long time

Trace Memory DS sealed- 50 cents

It was lying in a bunch of Mcdonalds toys and I grabbed it expecting it to be around $5-10 and I asked she looked at it for a second and asked where I got it and said that giant tub and she said I guess he said everything in there is 50 cents, apperently some guy put the game in to the wrong bin so its a win for me!

I picked up a PS1 for $2 today, it was in pretty good condition, and my friend picked up a cartridge only of Waverace 64 for $1. That was about it.

Nothing great today. I managed an N64 system, with Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Cruis'n World, and Off Road Challenge for $10.

I had some finds today....

Flea Market:

Dreamcast (no hookups) and 2 official gray controllers, 1 official blue controller, and off brand memory card
&
Playstation one: System only

-------$5.00 (Originally quoted 20 for all of it)

Dreamcast games:
Seaman (Disc/Case/Manual--no mic)
Samba De Amigo (Disc/Case/Manual--no maracas)
Fighting Force 2 (disc only)

-----------$5 for all (down from $3 each)

Yard Sales:

Pc usb game controller $.75
Yoshi's Story, Donkey Kong 64, and Glover--$1.50 for all

The only thing I manged to find this weekend was a PC game called Restricted Area for $1. My area has really slowed down. There was really only one sale I was interested in and I passed on it. It was advertising laserdiscs, which I'm a little interested in. I passed since it's on the other side of town I didn't feel like paying for the gas to get down there. I did manage to spot a laserdisc player at goodwill today, but I had to pass on it since they wanted $40 for a very crappy looking laserdisc player. I'd like to have one, but I'm looking for one in good condition.

Got some stuff today:

Green Gameboy and Metroid II for 2$, surprisingly the gameboy works with no dead lines, but of course is missing battery cover and screen cover.

Game.com system for 25 cents, missing battery cover but came with 2 games, indy 500 and frogger. Really didn't think this would work but after a paste of baking soda and water to remove the rust and corrosion from the battery compartment it works perfectly. Really crappy system though, can't believe people paid 70$ new for this thing!

dora plug & play - 1$

Blues room plug & play - 1$

Yeah im hardcore enough to buy kiddie games, especially when they are cheap. People around here usually charge 5-10$ for these plug & play things.

I also got a wake up call this morning from my friend stating he was at a yard sale with NES and genesis games and for me to tell him what I want. I told him what I wanted from the ones he read off to me which included Meg man 4 for the NES and streets of rage II for genesis, oh and vectorman II for genesis. Ill post back when I get the games and for what price.

Went yard saling in my hometown today and came up empty. I went to a neighborhood full of sales and found a grand total of... Kirby and the Amazing Mirror for $2. Not too interesting.

Went to make a craigslist pickup that happened to be right in the same area, and got Wii Play, a Wii-mote, Silent Hill 3 (w/ soundtrack CD), and Mario Kart: Double Dash (w/o case, oh well) for $40. Not bad, I've never played a Silent Hill, so I'm pretty excited for that.

Hit a few more sales on the way home and didn't find anything. Stopped at one more sale when I was heading over to a friend's house and found a few Dreamcast sports games mixed in with CDs, nothing interesting. Oh well.

I got some decent, yet unspectacular, deals this weekend.
Gun for XB still sealed $2.
PGR3 and Ridge Racer 6 XB360 asking $5 each paid $7 for both. Passed on Madden 07 XB360 at $10.
Paper Mario N64 $1 damage to label. I passed on a stack of N64 and SNES games at this sale for $1 each and Kingdom Hearts and Halo 2 at $7 each.
Eragon XB360 asking $15 paid $12 (I wasn't interested in this, but I got it at a pawn shop thinking he'll be more willing to deal with me in the future. He said 360 games sell as quick as he can get them but he was having trouble getting rid of Eragon.)

Last week:

Virtua Fighter 2 complete = $0.50
NES Zapper in box = $1
NES Power Pad = $1

This week:

NES with decent games in a dirty, dirty crate = $8
Philosoma PS1 complete = $1
Oddworld PS1 complete = $1
Chappelle's show season 1 = $1

not pictured:
Staples custom rubber stamp kit, new = $1

Went to a couple flea markets today....

Found:

Norse by Norsewest (Complete) PS1- $1
Sparkster (Cart only) Genesis- $1
Castlevania Bloodlines (Cart [black marker on label] Box [Sunfaded] No manual) Genesis- $1
Drakkhen CIB SNES- $3
Super Mario RPG (cart only)-$5

Psyched about my finds. SMRPG is the second I have found this year at this price....it is going to my brother, however. Next one I find though is up for trade!

My dad bought me a nintendo wii, But I can't play it until my birthday. Five more weeks.. Five more weeks.. :drool:

Have five weeks passed yet? NO? :drool:

Despite the lack of updates, I've gotten a few things:

findslolek.jpg

Magical Quest and Mickey Mania - $2
Herzog Zwei - $4
Nomad & NGPC package - $45

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy book - $.50

Very little this weekend, videogame-wise anyhow.

All I came across was a minty NES Powerpad for $1 and an Atari 2600 with all cables, 2 controllers and a stack of games for $2. Both of which I picked up.

My daughter was the big winner this time around. She ended up with almost the whole back seat full of stuffed animals (Almost all bunnies and one pig). Over half of them were given to us for free (She's cute and people can't resist her charm, I guess :D), and the rest we paid like $1.50 for. These are all clean/new, not some ratty pieces of crap.

I'd post pictures if I already hadn't put them away, but I recently picked up 10 NES games at a tag sale, right next to my friend's house coincidently. They all had their boxes and sleeves, and 5 still had manuals. I ended up getting:

Iron Tank
Pro Wrestling
Xevious
Cobra Command
Galaga
Volleyball (complete)
Hoops (complete)
Ikari Warriors (complete)
Blades of Steel (complete)
Life Force (complete)

The price: $2 for everything

I also picked up an old Elvis 45" record for a quarter - gotta find what thats worth still.

Only had 2 hours to hit yard sales this weekend since I was at the LiveEarth concert but I had a few decent finds.

Guitar Hero in Box with guitar
THPS 4 Gamecube
30$

Been wanting guitar hero for a while so I was happy about this one.

All complete
Contra: Legacy of War
Gran Turismo 2
Gran Turismo (2 copies)
Dynasty Warriors
2$

Zelda Collectors Edition for GC Complete
WWE GC Complete
Luigis Mansion GC Complete
Metal Gear Solid Non-GH Complete
Mario Kart GBA
Harvest Moon More Friends GBA
Pokemon Silver GBC
23$

Pretty good for only 2 hours

Well, After a dry spell I finally got some goods... I went home for my sister's wedding and went to the farmer's market Friday morning. After walking for a while and seeing overpriced NES games, I found a tub of misc items with the following:

Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising (GBA)
Mattel Electronic Basketball (1978)

I asked how much the items were together sonce nothing was priced and he stated $5 for both. I countered with $3 and he said he'd take it

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/774085538/

While still milling around at the farmer's market, i found a couple other treasures. I got:

Tekken 4 (PS2)
Equilibrium (DVD)

The vendor was asking $4 for each disc but I managed to get both for $5. Still not bad.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/773211793/

After going to many yard sales and coming up empty handed, I went to the flea market. There i found a bunch of overpriced games that were either $5 or $10. No inbetween and no lower. Some games that is great, some not...

I then found a booth with towels. I though nothing of it until I saw this awesome Street Fighter 2 towel. It was $5.

I then go to the counter to check out and notice a stack of PS games sitting behind the counter. I asked if they were available and they handed me a stack and I found FF7 complete (Non-GH). I asked how much and looked at it and said since it has 3 discs... $15. I decided that I would get it. I already have the game but not a case for it.

So my haul and total for this flea market adventure was:

Street Fighter 2 Beach Towel
Final Fantasy VII (PS Non-GH)

I got all for $20 + tax

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/773211345/

Sales have really slowed down in my area. I only went to two this morning. The only thing I picked up was a wireless D-Link router for $2. I didn't really need it, but I figure I can always use one of these cheap routers as a switch or wireless access point.

Yardsale Finds - 7-13-07
Ninja Gaiden Black - $8
Final Fantasy 3 SNES cart - $3
Super Mario Bros. All Stars + World SNES cart - $5
Megaman ZX - $5
Also picked up a $2 PS2 controller.

Decent finds, considering my area of lackluster yardsales.

[quote name='hiyruu']Yardsale Finds - 7-13-07
Ninja Gaiden Black - $8
Final Fantasy 3 SNES cart - $3
Super Mario Bros. All Stars + World SNES cart - $5
Megaman ZX - $5
Also picked up a $2 PS2 controller.

Decent finds, considering my area of lackluster yardsales.[/quote]

Nice finds....is Megaman ZX a ds game?

This was the first friday I went yardsaling this year....kind of rainy so I didn't find much. I also stopped at a goodwill book store and found 22 old Nintendo powers...picked them all up @ $.39 a piece. I was really excited to find the one with METALSTORM on the cover....awesome.

As for yard sale finds, I found one thing:

Final Fantasy VII- Black Label, broken case, no booklet, all three discs, pretty good shape--$1.00

I didn't get too much today.

$1
Pokemon guide for Yellow, Red, and Blue
Pokemon guide for Gold and Silver (Versus guide)
Pokemon guide for Emerald
Pokemon Colosseum guide

This was from a sale that my mom found yesterday and mentioned that it had game stuff. They had a bunch of playstation games, but they were mainly kids stuff.

$3
Magnavox Odyssey 2 with several games

I picked this up since I passed on one before. It comes with several games, but someone had put masking tape on them. This has left some nasty residue trails across the game boxes. I doubt I'd be able to remove that. The residue has hardened over the last 30 years.

What do you think the Pokemon stuff is worth? Do you think I could get somethimg out of them or would they make good trading items?

I had a nice day. I bought two gamecube games and a N64:

Harry potter quiddich world cup (Gamecube, Complete) - $3
Metroid Prime (Bonus disc version, Complete) - $6
Nintendo 64 system (With a sports game and the AC Adapter) - $5

I may have overpaid for the N64 but what the heck, I got good deals on these before so I don't mind. :)

[quote name='moiety'] [/quote]

Nice haul! especially the SOM find. I've been eagerly waiting to find one in my travels. It's been on top of my want list for at least 2 years now. If you have duplicates and want to let one go on the cheap let me know.

[quote name='snotknocker']Nice haul! especially the SOM find. I've been eagerly waiting to find one in my travels. It's been on top of my want list for at least 2 years now. If you have duplicates and want to let one go on the cheap let me know.[/QUOTE]
That's also one of the games I've been really wanting to find. That and the Super Mario RPG.

Unfortunately, It has been pretty barren around my neck of the woods for games. There were 5 in my town... I ended up getting lucky though at 1 of them

I pulled up to this sale because I had accidentally drove past another sale. I looked around and then say that there was a bucket of Genesis games. They all were marked $5 each and I almost passed. However, I grabbed:

General Chaos (Genesis)

I asked hoow much to verify and offered her $3. She ended up taking it and then I found that this game is actually worth something. The rest of the games were all sports so I didn't miss out on anything there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/812275281/

While in a nearby town checking out the game stores there, I wandered into Goodwill. I was about to leave when I though, "I bet that some games are mixed in with the CDs..." I went to take a look and there sat 7 Dreamcast games. I ended up grabbing:

Railroad Tycoon 2
Dynamite Cop!
Soul Calibur
Hydro Thunder
Flag to Flag

They were $2 each. I didn't grab NFL 2K or the Web Browser though. Then as I was checking out, I peered into the cglass case to see a complete SNES game. I picked it up for $3. It was:

Adventures of Dr. Franken

I ended up giving $13 for all of it so it was definatly not a bad deal.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/812274689/

Just got back from the flea market with two pretty good finds

Final Fantasy VII for 5 bucks
Legend of the Dragoon for 8

both are in really good condition

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back