OFFICIAL 2007 Yard Sale thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I've been working Saturdays I haven't hit the garage sales in quite some time now, however I did manage to find time to take a trip to the local swap meet today. It seemed to pay off.

All complete in box genesis games:
Shining Force
Shining Force II
Landstalker
Phantasy Star III
Phantasy Star IV

This came from one of the weekly video game stand guys. I said he had just bought some guys entire Genesis collection at 3 Dollars a Game, and I had been the first to look through it and wanted 5 a piece. I picked out these gems, and tried to get a bit of a discount but he wasn't going to budge. Definitely not the most cheap ass of Yard Sale quality scores, but I really can't complain for paying $25 for those games.

Slow week for sales but some decent finds

DDR Extreme 2 Complete in Large Box with Pad

10$

Playstation 1 with all hookups
Tetris Plus Non-GH
Family Card Game
Twisted Metal 2
Nagano Olympics
Tennis Arena
Dukes of Hazzard

6$

Thrillville PS2

2$

And1 Basketball PS2
ATV Offroad Fury 3
Tokyo Extreme Racing
2 PS2 1st Party Controller
Fat PS2 that "Works occasionally"

7$

Goomba Figure from 1989? Mcdonalds

0.25$

Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Guide
Metroid Prime Guide Versus
Starfox Adventures Guide Versus

0.50$

@ FFMooglestar: NICE.

Please, PLEASE play them. Enjoy them. Love them. Especially if you own a Nomad and have a boring job.

/plays Phantasy Star IV at work ^^;
//20 minutes between help calls is plenty of time to level-grind

picture007lc8.jpg

Black Gamecube with memory card and controller - $25
NES fight stick - $.75
Dallas Cowboys helmet - $2
21 bubble mailers - $2.10
PSX light gun - $1
PSX dual shock - $1
Ninja Gaiden Black - $12
Illusion of Gaia - $3
Breath of Fire I - $2
Breath of Fire II - $2
Ys III - $3
Super Nintendo with one controller - $12

well i have just started yard saleling, i m only 14, so i may not be able to get the best deals. i looked on criagslist and found one two blocks away, a multifamily sale rain or shine.ill swing by right around opening

[quote name='Cambot']Not so much yardsale finds, but a craigslist find, thrift stores and the like...

[/quote]

nice zelda finds, the map is awesome!

Yeah, that's the Link to the Past map. I'm lucky it came complete.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']well i have just started yard saleling, i m only 14, so i may not be able to get the best deals. i looked on criagslist and found one two blocks away, a multifamily sale rain or shine.ill swing by right around opening[/QUOTE]

Good luck out there - don't take any wooden nickels.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']well i have just started yard saleling, i m only 14, so i may not be able to get the best deals. i looked on criagslist and found one two blocks away, a multifamily sale rain or shine.ill swing by right around opening[/QUOTE]

yardsales usually start around 5am, keep that in mind. Dont show up late or you'll possibly miss out on the good stuff

Not much of a season here in IL, but I have a few finds... Before I move on I must curse the guy who beat me to an unlisted sale and bought 80 Playstation games and the console for $100. I didn't probe for more details as I would cry if I heard there were rare RPGs in the lot! :bomb:

Official SONY Dual shock 2 controller $1 -not working- DOH!
N64 rumble pack, PS1 madcatz memory card, Quake N64 .33 ea (ie 3/$1)
Pac-man World $1 PS1
GTA PS1 .50
GTA 2 PS1 .50
Mortal kombat Tril .50 PS1

Original PS1 SCPH 1001 with crash bandicoot and two official SONY controllers $10 - More than I would pay for a PS1, but I bought it to resell.

The best deal to date...

Top loader NES!!!! (model 101)
with zapper, 1 bone controller, and 1 regular controller AND
Top Gun, Commando, Knight Rider!, Jaws, Rad racer (classic), Mario/duck hunt, and last but not least Mike Tyson's punch out. All for $4.50 :bouncy:

^Awesome deal, wish I could find an actual NES Top Loader below $60+!

I have only seen that thing twice, once in a game store and another at KB toys back when I was younger. For $5, I'd even be happy to have one of those knock off 3rd party hybrid NES and SNES!

[quote name='Cracka']yardsales usually start around 5am[/quote]

???

Try 8AM around Oklahoma and Texas.

7AM at the earliest and 9AM at the latest.

I have been able to still find video games around 11AM and people usually want to get rid of them by then so you can usually make a good deal. Check all the games before you buy, especially disc games.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last week I scored 3 whole moving boxes of sports cards for $1 and a whole moving box of Playstation games for $10 ( a lot of original black label games too!). I think that has been the pinnacle of my garage sale season so far.

It's 8am start time here in Indiana. Today I started out with an unopened HP tri-color cartridge for DeskJet 710 and etc. for $.25. I also found Toobin', a Tengin cartridge, and a blue GBA SP for $8. That was more than I wanted to give, but my nephew really wanted the SP. Now I need to find a replacement screen as the edges are pretty scratched. Finally, I was at a barn sale and spied a box with a Genesis sticking out of it and started to inspect but it said $100.00 so I wasn't interested. On a different table I'd found Exodus Journey to the Promised Land, a Wisdom Tree cartridge for the NES and asked how much. The lady said it had come out of the $100 box but she'd part it out $.50. So I returned to the box and found the Wisdom Tree games: Bible Adventures and King of Kings still in its box with manual and an NES cleaning kit. I got all of that for $5.00.
Oh yeah, also included in the $5 lot I got ...an NES top loader. It didn't come with any controllers, adapter, or RF switch, but I have all that stuff (regular controllers not dog bone). I cleaned it with a paper towel and glass cleaner and it looks like new.
The only other things in that box were the Genesis a few games, an N64 a few games, and a few common NES games. I don't know where the $100 came from.

The $100 probably came from the land of the crazy people.

Went to one yard sale on the way home from the post office.

Got a Genesis 6-button arcade pad and The Empire Strikes Back Widescreen LE DVD (the one with the theatrical version thrown in as an afterthought).

CIF'd $5. Maybe I should have gone lower, but the pad and the DVD were in great condition.

So far this month, all NES:

Ice Hockey (loose) - $1
Ivan “Ironman” Stewart’s Super Off-Road (loose) - $2.50
Karnov (loose) - $2.50
Remote Control (loose) - $3.50
Slalom (loose) - $1
Snake Rattle N Roll (loose) - $2.50
Solstice (loose) - $1.99
Tecmo NBA Basketball (loose) - $1
Track & Field (loose) - $1

Only made it to 3 yardsales before it started to rain too hard.
Asked at all of them if they had games, and they all said no. I asked at one and the man said he thought they did, but his wife quickly said they didn't. I think she may have been upset about the rain and didn't want to look.

Hit a couple yard sales today. Only one that I found anything at was actually the first one I went to.

Was looking around and spotted a 1st gen Genesis with a bunch of games and accessories. Asked how much and she said $5. Went to reach for my wallet and the ladies little girl said "Mommy, I think we have another one also". So they went in the house and came out several times with armfuls of stuff.

I walked away with:

2 Genesis systems. One original and a 2nd generation one. Both with cables and controllers. Also a sega game and system holder.

Several dozen Genesis Games (thankfully only some of them are sports games)

A Sony Playstation with controllers and cables with about a dozen games .

A Boxed N64 system (missing manuals and tv cord) and a loose game.

Total for all: $25

Well I finally had some finds after nothing last weekend. We have been out shopping for baby stuff since we have been finding a ton of nice stuff for cheap.

I have prolly been to 30+ sales in the last 2 weeks and today I found Paper Mario and Star Fox 64, and 2 name brand N64 controllers in mint condition for $5 total. I also scored Mario 3 advance for $4 (been looking for this for awhile, no one wants to sell GB stuff cheap). I did see a genesis w/ battletoads, ecco , and a few other games for $10 but passed.

Today was my first time yard sailing in quite some time (new car!), and it started off rather nicely, prefaced by a score of 50 NES carts and two controllers for $40 on my way to pick up the new Harry Potter book (for $18 at Pathmark ten minutes after midnight, after a hearty laugh at the people lined up outside of Borders).

I mapped everything out and intended to get up by 7:30 and out by 8, but my alarm didn't go off and I woke up at 9:30. My girlfriend and I were out of the house at 10 on the dot.

I knew that a sale about 20 minutes away would have some games, so I skipped a local sale to head directly there. There was a second sale literally on the way (the first had a ten minute detour), so I stopped, and was quite lucky.

The sale was run by an older woman who was apparently very eager to get rid of everything, generally announcing "Buy a few things and I'll give you a deal" and "Don't be afraid to make an offer!" to the people milling about. I saw a Genesis sitting on a table with a stack of games in front of it. I didn't see a price, so I glanced at the next table, and picked up an X-Files trivia book. I asked her how much for the book ($0.25) and for the console ($2) - and then told me I could have the book with it.

Sega Genesis Model 1
AC Adapter
RFU Switch
First-Party Controller
Third-Party Controller (stripped wire; discarded)
Jurassic Park (complete)
Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures (complete)
Sonic The Hedgehog (complete)
Sonic The Hedgehog 3 (Mega Hit Series, complete)
Disney's Aladdin (box and manual, no game)
and, for some reason, a Super Game Boy
TOTAL: $2

One hit! On to the confirmed one!

I meandered up the driveway, and quickly scoped out the Super Nintendo games laid out on one of the tables. There was also a lone copy of Pokemon Snap for N64, nine games in all, each marked $1.50. I picked them up and offered the woman running the sale $5 for them. She told me that they were her son-in-laws, but would let them go for $10. I countered with the "Meet me halfway at 8," and left with them for half of the original asking price...and quite a nice haul, if I do say so:

SNES:
Bugs Bunny: Rabbit Rampage
Bubsy
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

Stanley Cup
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts
Ys III: Wanderers from Ys

N64:
Pokemon Snap
TOTAL: $8

Not much else for the rest of the day, though. I did stop at another sale that had a sealed Littlest Pet Shop pack marked $2, Pokemon stampers for $0.25, and the guide for the Pokemon Trading Card Game for Game Boy for $0.50. CIF'ed $2, and gave the stamps and Pet Shop figures to my girlfriend, who spent the day in the car navigating and playing DS.

Afterward, we headed to GameStop, and I won a copy of Pokemon Battle Revolution (for her, since a friend of ours had gotten me a copy for my birthday) and a Stylus Holder in the Pokemon Tournament, then picked up Syphon Filter 2 (2 copies), Harry Potter, and a puzzle game that looks like a Pipes ripoff, all complete, for about $3 total, and my girlfriend found a copy of Haunting Ground for $18 after my Edge discount.

All in all, a productive day.

[quote name='GiLL']Hit a couple yard sales today. Only one that I found anything at was actually the first one I went to.

Was looking around and spotted a 1st gen Genesis with a bunch of games and accessories. Asked how much and she said $5. Went to reach for my wallet and the ladies little girl said "Mommy, I think we have another one also". So they went in the house and came out several times with armfuls of stuff.

I walked away with:

2 Genesis systems. One original and a 2nd generation one. Both with cables and controllers. Also a sega game and system holder.

Several dozen Genesis Games (thankfully only some of them are sports games)

A Sony Playstation with controllers and cables with about a dozen games .

A Boxed N64 system (missing manuals and tv cord) and a loose game.

Total for all: $25[/quote]
Nice finds. Same with you, Slim.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Today was my first time yard sailing in quite some time (new car!), and it started off rather nicely, prefaced by a score of 50 NES carts and two controllers for $40 on my way to pick up the new Harry Potter book (for $18 at Pathmark ten minutes after midnight, after a hearty laugh at the people lined up outside of Borders).

I mapped everything out and intended to get up by 7:30 and out by 8, but my alarm didn't go off and I woke up at 9:30. My girlfriend and I were out of the house at 10 on the dot.

I knew that a sale about 20 minutes away would have some games, so I skipped a local sale to head directly there. There was a second sale literally on the way (the first had a ten minute detour), so I stopped, and was quite lucky.

The sale was run by an older woman who was apparently very eager to get rid of everything, generally announcing "Buy a few things and I'll give you a deal" and "Don't be afraid to make an offer!" to the people milling about. I saw a Genesis sitting on a table with a stack of games in front of it. I didn't see a price, so I glanced at the next table, and picked up an X-Files trivia book. I asked her how much for the book ($0.25) and for the console ($2) - and then told me I could have the book with it.

Sega Genesis Model 1
AC Adapter
RFU Switch
First-Party Controller
Third-Party Controller (stripped wire; discarded)
Jurassic Park (complete)
Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures (complete)
Sonic The Hedgehog (complete)
Sonic The Hedgehog 3 (Mega Hit Series, complete)
Disney's Aladdin (box and manual, no game)
and, for some reason, a Super Game Boy
TOTAL: $2

One hit! On to the confirmed one!

I meandered up the driveway, and quickly scoped out the Super Nintendo games laid out on one of the tables. There was also a lone copy of Pokemon Snap for N64, nine games in all, each marked $1.50. I picked them up and offered the woman running the sale $5 for them. She told me that they were her son-in-laws, but would let them go for $10. I countered with the "Meet me halfway at 8," and left with them for half of the original asking price...and quite a nice haul, if I do say so:

SNES:
Bugs Bunny: Rabbit Rampage
Bubsy
Donkey Kong Country

Stanley Cup
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts
Ys III: Wanderers from Ys

N64:
Pokemon Snap
TOTAL: $8

Not much else for the rest of the day, though. I did stop at another sale that had a sealed Littlest Pet Shop pack marked $2, Pokemon stampers for $0.25, and the guide for the Pokemon Trading Card Game for Game Boy for $0.50. CIF'ed $2, and gave the stamps and Pet Shop figures to my girlfriend, who spent the day in the car navigating and playing DS.

Afterward, we headed to GameStop, and I won a copy of Pokemon Battle Revolution (for her, since a friend of ours had gotten me a copy for my birthday) and a Stylus Holder in the Pokemon Tournament, then picked up Syphon Filter 2 (2 copies), Harry Potter, and a puzzle game that looks like a Pipes ripoff, all complete, for about $3 total, and my girlfriend found a copy of Haunting Ground for $18 after my Edge discount.

All in all, a productive day.[/quote]

Pokemon TCG is quite awesome for the GB

you guys who don't post pics are fired! hit an electronics store during your next yard sale runs and grab a digital camera. they're cheap and you'll love it. trust me. ;)

I forgot I also got 2 official dreamcast controllers and 18 wheeler american pro trucker, spec ops 2 omega squad (both complete) For $2 total. I know the games suck, but they wanted $2 each for the conteollers, so I negotiated them down to $2 for everything! I'm too lazy to take pics :p

This forum inspired me to spend Friday and Saturday wondering Tampa, I must have gone to at least thirty different sales, and found just about nothing. I started on page one of this thread and grew ever so excited about finding deals like many of you find. I know how to haggle and get things for cheap, but that sure is hard when you can't find anything!

I'd say maybe 1/10 sales I visited had anything electronical, and more or less the people either knew what they had (damn ebay being so easy to get to) or they just had nothing worth prices they were asking (nor trying to get them down in price).

For instance, I walked up to a guy for Mario and Duck Hunt combo, said I'd give him $1 for it. He says to me, "You're kidding right?" I just put the game down and walked away.

The only thing I picked up was Super Mario World, Sonic, and Mortal Kombat 2 complete. Best part was the price, 75 cents! And I didn't even pick this up at a Yard Sale, found it at a local thift store that was having a "all store half off".

I've done the flea market scene for about 15 years, but again people around here are excessively expensive or have junk for sale. I must say, WTF is up with Tampa?

[quote name='DentArthurDent']
I've done the flea market scene for about 15 years, but again people around here are excessively expensive or have junk for sale. I must say, WTF is up with Tampa?[/quote]
Yes, Flea MArkets in Tampa are way over priced. Trying to find game deals in Tampa is very hard cuz everyone thinks their old shit is worth still what they paid. Oh, and stay away from the Oldsmar Flea Market :rofl:

I think the one on Gunn Highway has a vintage game shop...I know they have a computer repair and upgrade kiosk that has all kinds of used games, and there was another store that was wall-to-wall NES, SNES, Genesis, even obscure stuff like TurboGrafx and Jaguar.

Unfortunately, since they're a specialty shop, they were way overpriced (well, not compared to eBay prices, but overpriced for a CAG).

[quote name='Segasonic01']Yes, Flea MArkets in Tampa are way over priced. Trying to find game deals in Tampa is very hard cuz everyone thinks their old shit is worth still what they paid. Oh, and stay away from the Oldsmar Flea Market :rofl:[/quote]

Words of wisdom, or fear of competiton? :D

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']I think the one on Gunn Highway has a vintage game shop...I know they have a computer repair and upgrade kiosk that has all kinds of used games, and there was another store that was wall-to-wall NES, SNES, Genesis, even obscure stuff like TurboGrafx and Jaguar.

Unfortunately, since they're a specialty shop, they were way overpriced (well, not compared to eBay prices, but overpriced for a CAG).[/quote]
They got bought out by GameNazi... errr Game Stop, Rhino Games no longer exists sadly! I picked up Valkyrie Profle (disk only) for 3 bucks from them when GameStop bought em out, guess it was their fare well to me. C'est la vie, no?

[quote name='DentArthurDent']Words of wisdom, or fear of competiton? :D

They got bought out by GameNazi... errr Game Stop, Rhino Games no longer exists sadly! I picked up Valkyrie Profle (disk only) for 3 bucks from them when GameStop bought em out, guess it was their fare well to me. C'est la vie, no?[/quote]
Trust me, word of wisdom. If you wanna pay $50 for SCD games, be my guest.

Valkyrie Profile for $3 bucks? I hate you >.<

Na, jk. Good find

Back on topic, I just got home from another yard sale (someone had emailed me and told me that they had a bunch of "Nintendo games").

Turns out they were actually Super Nintendo (my favorite!) and, consoles having broken long ago, there were a couple of controllers and power supplies with it. I offered five, he countered with twenty, and we met at $10.

SNES:
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble
HyperZone
Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball
Mortal Kombat
NHK '95
Space Invaders
Stunt Race FX
Suepr Off Road: The Baja
Super Punch-Out!
The Lion King
2 First-Party Controllers
Power Supply

N64:
Pokemon Stadium
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
Power Supply

TOTAL: $10
Average Price Per Game (PPG): $0.66, not including accessories

I stopped at a couple other yard sales on the way, most laughworthy was the woman who produced an ancient (albeit still sealed) copy of Age of Empires when I inqured about video games. The price? "$10, this game retails for $100 or more."

A computer game for Windows 95...in-print in various forms and updated many times since.

I facepalmed and walked away.

Not a bad day yesterday.

A Game Boy Player complete for $10

A Boxed N64 RF Switch for $2 ( I bought it for the box :) )

XBox360 Frisbee for $.25

And a complete The Sims Life Stories DVD-ROM for $1

I decided to tempt fate and went on out of town, about 30 minute drive away from Tampa. I found some goodies while I was out... Surpisingly!

Final Fantasy XI Brady Stragety Guide - $.25
Harry Potter Dvds (Complete) - $1.00
Gold N64 Cartridge with no label - $.25
100 Pack of DVD-Rs - $3.00
StarGate SG1 Season 1 - $5.00

All from the same guy, he didn't have very many electronics and I asked him if he did. He went inside for a few minutes and then came out with everything above (as I bought everything he offered). That was it though, I went to about 5 others, followed signs on some, some were advertised, and found a bunch of cloths and shoes that we're once in their prime. But meh, I've got cloths!

Hope everyone else had an eventful sunday!;)

Yesterday...all set with a plan...lol, plan went to hell n a handbasket the first "prime" hour...one sale listed "Playstation games" but no early birds...drove by 2 times and on the 3rd pass, alas, already open..asked about games..Very gruffly dad..."not out yet" ....stand around...nice wife "looking for anything in particular?"..well, the playstation games but your husband said they are not out yet...wife sighs, walks ten feet to inside of garage and brings out 3 PS2 games and one PS game ... "how much are the games, dear?" "$10 and $5 and it's obvious which is which!"
...dam lol...3 trips...thanked her and left...
on my way home, for the heck of it, stopped back by (almost 3 hours into their sale) talked to the wife after noticing a bunch of old Star Trek DVDs (way overpriced) me - "did I perhaps buy a group of Alfred Hitchcock DVDs from you last year or the year before??? ... "possibly"
me, now leaving, "no disrespect but I stopped by for the playstation games ealier, but I think these are less at Gamestop..." she sighs and agreed her husband wanted too much...
$20 later - ICO, Okage, Summoner, Summoner 2, and Wild Arms 4 all minty, complete....

But the best of the day -
Sega Saturn (my first) with about 10 games (mostly sports) and a NES console missing it's power supply for $10!

My best non game deal -
$20 - (All sealed - Fullsize - Chivas (bagged/boxed), Crawfords Scotch and a fancy Rum) ... lol what you won't find at a garage sale!

Picked up Super Smash Bros(N64) Legend Of Zelda (NES) and Blades of Steel (NES) for 25$ Not too great of a deal, but I'm happy with it

[quote name='DentArthurDent']For instance, I walked up to a guy for Mario and Duck Hunt combo, said I'd give him $1 for it. He says to me, "You're kidding right?" I just put the game down and walked away.[/quote]
You're kidding, right? I would have let it go for a dime :lol: I wonder how much he actually wanted for it?

Nothing like overpriced system freebie games. I saw Super Mario World at Half Price Books today for $15.

[quote name='vicious7171']You're kidding, right? I would have let it go for a dime :lol: I wonder how much he actually wanted for it?

Nothing like overpriced system freebie games. I saw Super Mario World at Half Price Books today for $15.[/quote]

Super Mario World actually does demand a bit.

Only thing I found worthwhile this weekend was a complete in box copy of Comix Zone for the Genesis for 50 cents.

[quote name='vicious7171']You're kidding, right? I would have let it go for a dime :lol: I wonder how much he actually wanted for it?

Nothing like overpriced system freebie games. I saw Super Mario World at Half Price Books today for $15.[/quote]

Sadly, no I am not kidding! Very true story, and it was those blocks that I hit one after another. :(

[quote name='DentArthurDent']Sadly, no I am not kidding! Very true story, and it was those blocks that I hit one after another. :([/QUOTE]

I think the question should (or could) have been he was kidding right :D and your reply Sadly, no he wasen't kidding!

[quote name='Kuros']

Not much for this weekend.

360 Wireless controller - $5
Odama - $3
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo - $5[/quote]

No microphone w/ odama?

So-so weekend, best find were in stores this weekend. Anyways, on to the finds.

Fat PS2 - No Controllers

10$

NIB Light Gun with Jolt Action for PS1

2$

NES with all hookups
Battle Tank
2 SMB/Duck Hunt
Faxanadu
Star Trek TNG
Top Gun

2$

Bible Adventures NES