Official 2008 Olympics Thread (FINAL:USA most medals, China most golds)

Did anyone catch the two major falls during the men's all-around? One on the rings, and the German guy's flying headbutt off of the high-bar.

there is 1000000s of hrs of Olympics footage on nbcolympics.com

I just downloaded their software and spent part of my lunch watching mens Weightlifting, US basketball, and women's archery... sooo awesome!

Until Dtv brings my local channels in HD, Ill catch most of my coverage on CNBC HD, USA HD, and Universal HD... unless there is womens beach volleyball on ;)

Didn't see the German guy fall, but I saw the Japanese guy's hand slip off on of the rings and he spun around a few times and looked like he almost broke his leg when he landed.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']This is a hell of a volleyball match.[/QUOTE]

Belgians are fading. That was a great first set comeback by May and Walsh!

[quote name='keithp']Belgians are fading. That was a great first set comeback by May and Walsh![/quote]

That walsh has a great body :)

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Didn't see the German guy fall, but I saw the Japanese guy's hand slip off on of the rings and he spun around a few times and looked like he almost broke his leg when he landed.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qAe_uiDSJo

Fabian Hambuechen's fall during the final rotation - cost him a medal, as France sorta fell into that one.

Japanese dude's was worse (but not as bad as the infamous weightlifting video). I'll see if I can find that fall on the 'tube.

It was Tomita, from Japan. I think the Korean guy fell doing that vault thing, and slipped in the corner during the fancypants dance, whatever that is where they flip around on the floor.

Nastia had great routines but i thought Johnson was scored a little low on vault and bars

best gymnast won in the end though. and Nastia is foxy... didn't think so at first but after seeing her so much she is quite attractive

[quote name='tehweezner']Nastia is foxy[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:k

2006%20Nastia%20Liukin.jpg

She is 83% forehead, 17% albino, and 100% :puke:

That is a horrible pic of her, I liked Sacramone myself in the attractiveness dept... too bad she didnt qualify for all around

I'm glad our girls won, but I really didn't understand that scoring. I mean I understood the mechanics, but not how the judges came up with what they did. I thought there was a serious bias towards the Chinese bug-girl.

We can't discuss hot Olympians without mentioning the German contingent and the Swedish archer, who are apparently competing for gold in the rarely mentioned "amount of leaked naked pictures" event.

Fun fact: When I was in Fukuoka, the Swedish olympic swim teams were staying in the same hotel so that they could train in an environment that was close to Beijing's (altitude, atmosphere, etc).

Every single one of them was a behemoth, with broad shoulders and immensely built bodies. And all of them had blond hair and blue eyes.

It was like the white aryan super race up ins.

I joked with my friends that they'd have quite a story to tell if they came back to the states and could proudly proclaim that they'd hooked up with a hot Sveeeedish svimmar during their two week vacation in Japan.

[quote name='JJSP']We can't discuss hot Olympians without mentioning the German contingent and the Swedish archer, who are apparently competing for gold in the rarely mentioned "amount of leaked naked pictures" event.[/quote]Pics so the CAG community can judge for themselves (of the athletes in question not the alleged pictures you speak of).

[quote name='Koggit']
She is 83% forehead, 17% albino, and 100% :puke:[/quote]

she didn't look like that on TV

i'm guessing there's a lot less PC stuff in Spain for these pictures to have been taken. if US athletes did this it would be much different for sure

In the piece, Jason Kidd makes a salient point when he asks what the reaction would have been if an American team had been photographed mocking an entire nation. He says there is a double-standard that exists with Americans and, by extension, their teams. He's exactly right. However, Kidd and his teammates would never be ignorant enough to put themselves in this situation.
Truth.

that was amazing, truly amazing. i need to see the replay again and again to see how the fingertips touch and compare cuz it looked like he should have lost... WOW!

I don't understand why they're showing an interview with Shawn and Nastia rather than, y'know, the Olympics. Normally they start showing the games at 8pm, it's almost 9 and still nothing but recap/interview.

Nastia Luiken? More like Nastier Lookin, amirite?

I'd drink Luiken's booty sweat...

Phelps is the G.O.A.T....greatest Athlete i've ever seen and it's not even close...

Phelps is very overrated. A great swimmer, yes, up there with the likes of Thorpe, Spitz, and Matt Biondi... but greatest athlete? Please. Even calling him the greatest swimmer would be debatable.

After Phelps' medal ceremony tonight they said something about an interview with Bob Costas, Phelps and Spitz... when is that? I'm about to watch a movie but don't want to miss the interview.

[quote name='Rocko']It already happened.[/QUOTE]

It's happening right now for me actually. I think on the west coast our broadcast is like three or four hours behind live.

Ah, my bad, didn't notice you were on the west coast.

That's pretty lame NBC doesn't air that shit live for you folks.

bread's done
Back