Official 2008 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='FOnewearl']Probably getting it confused with the NES Top Loader[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sinnbox']Wow, I feel like an idiot. I was thinking of the NES toploader. will someone please come to my house and punch me in the teeth?[/QUOTE]

Can I get dibs since I called? Or maybe you could just send me some gaming goodies instead :D

^LOL, I'll send ya a free copy of Sesame street for NES!! I keep finding em.

For some reason There were about 10 Garage Sales in my town today. I didnt find out in time though.

Any one else ever have monday sales? I was confuesd, the only thing i could think of is that there were abotu 600 people layed off recently from two factories in town.

That's interesting. I thought the DC was two, but it's the PS1 version I'm thinking of. Wonder what's different.

And both Evil Dead games on the Xbox were good -- the most recent one was the more entertaining of the two, but they're both worth playing.

[quote name='allyourblood']no, just one. i haven't played it yet, but i'm wondering if it's any good. i think it was the Xbox version that i'd played before, and that one was awful.[/quote]

[quote name='jaysapathy']
And both Evil Dead games on the Xbox were good -- the most recent one was the more entertaining of the two, but they're both worth playing.[/quote]

i'm almost fanatical about the movies, so maybe i'm just expecting too much. the one i played was a huge disappointment. a lot of the humor was just really heavy-handed.

I *am* fanatical, right down to the movie props in my garage. Regardless, you have to take it with a grain of salt. They're still really fun.

[quote name='allyourblood']i'm almost fanatical about the movies, so maybe i'm just expecting too much. the one i played was a huge disappointment. a lot of the humor was just really heavy-handed.[/quote]

Finds from last week and this week

picture001lz4.jpg

Misc. finds
Black and White PC complete - .50
4 genesis games complete - $2
Platinum GC (scratched) w/ power supply and beat to hell pokemon game - $2
RE Directors cut - forgot where I picked this up but I think I paid - $1
Mad Maestro PS2 - $2 Don't know what I was thinking here
Splatterhouse 3 genesis complete and SNES mouse - $5
MVC2 complete light scratches - $7 some kid had all his PS2 games at $10. tried several CIF on this but ultimately settled at $7
Simpsons season 2 - $2
Super mario 2, DKC, Wario - $4 steep but needed the wario , other 2 for resale
Teal GBC w/ pokemon crystal (bad label) - $2
Dreamcast bag - .25
Silent Hill complete ( light scratches) 4 memory cards and controller - $2.50

picture002sk1.jpg

GBA lot - metroid fusion not shown - $5 This was like taking candy from a baby. marked in bag $10 CIF $5

picture003iv3.jpg

Saturn / Gen / game gear lot, 12 loose saturn games in great condition - sealed area 51, wirless controller and saturn RAM, MK genesis run are the highlights + wires, hookups controlers (not shown) - $5 Got this from a young kid whacked out on something, I asked for games and he came out with a water damaged box and said all he had was this old crap, after looking at the contents and seeing no damage I CIF'd 5 singles which he thought about initially taking then came back with how bout $10, but I stood my ground saying "how do I know any of this crap even works, I'll give you $5". It all works

picture004tp2.jpg

Genesis 32X / SNES plus mixed game lot contollers wires etc. not shown- $15. Asked for games at this sale and the woman ran in and got her son . He asked what I was looking for and I ran the gambit. He said he had a bin of stuff that some guy was supposed to come back for an hour ago. I said to him "yeh I heard that story before" then he kinda nodded his head and said "Do you wanna take a look" upon initial inspection I saw the dirty SNES, as I sifted throught the bin I saw the 32 X and the PS1 games - not noticing the little gem pictured below. I asked how much for the lot and he started BS'ing me that the other guy was gonna give him $35. I countered with $10 CIF pointing out the grody SNES and some of the beat up genesis carts, he countered with $20, so I dug a little deeper in the bin and eyed the Gunstar heros which unfortunately has a peeling label and countered with $15 which he accepted. When I got home and unpacked it all I found this

picture011on9.jpg

It does'nt get much better than this!

Nice finds snotknocker. That MvC, and Silent Hill are great finds. But that Web of Fire, I haven't see one of those in ages. And I think it goes for at least $150 on ebay.

[quote name='allyourblood']i've got one of those WoF carts. are they really that valuable?[/quote]

Supposedly only 1500 made and was the last US 32x release. Cart only fetches about $100. I can only see the price on this going up. I'm planning on tucking mine safely away for a decade or so

[quote name='Sinnbox']Great, once again a cart i have seen several times in the wild and not picked up.[/quote]

Several years ago I came across a guy selling complete 32X games in very mint condition for $10 each. Not having a 32x at the time I passed but went home and looked up the prices of some of the games and yes there was a complete WOF. I immediately went back and saw the box of games unfortuntely WOF and several others were gone. I've been waiting patiently to come across one again. As luck would have it my patience paid off. Now if I could only find Radient Silvergun

[quote name='chimpster1313']snotrocker, where the F*CK do you live that you get all this stuff?[/quote]The toxic waste capital of the world - NEW JERSEY!

[quote name='snotknocker']4 genesis games complete - $2[/QUOTE]

I can't see in the picture what 2 of these Genesis games are, I can see Sonic The Hedgehog & I'm pretty sure the third one is Revenge of the Joker but can't make out the other two and was wondering what they were.

Does anyone else see Genesis games marked super high? Here , in northeast Indiana i can find NES games for $1 apiece tops, but it's hard to find someone wanting less than $5 per genny title.

[quote name='FOnewearl']I can't see in the picture what 2 of these Genesis games are, I can see Sonic The Hedgehog & I'm pretty sure the third one is Revenge of the Joker but can't make out the other two and was wondering what they were.[/quote]

ROJ
Sonic
Arcade Classics
Battletech

[quote name='Sinnbox']Does anyone else see Genesis games marked super high? Here , in northeast Indiana i can find NES games for $1 apiece tops, but it's hard to find someone wanting less than $5 per genny title.[/quote]

Genny games around here are typically dirt cheap - more so than any other plastic

There is one lady here who I see at multi family garage sales almost everyother week, She always has a Genny with about 10 sports games and wants $100 for it. She never remembers me so i CIF just to make her mad. her relpy is always "This is worth almost $1000, I could easily sell it on Ebay....sorry lady, you'd be lucky to get $10 on ebay.

The good thing is that in the rare occasion i find a genny game that I want they are cheap, I got a Shinging game, and a phantasy star game last year for $.50 apiece.

Genesis games are usually pretty cheap here as well, when you can find them. Finding game stuff at garage sales here is becoming ever more difficult.

[quote name='Sinnbox']There is one lady here who I see at multi family garage sales almost everyother week, She always has a Genny with about 10 sports games and wants $100 for it. She never remembers me so i CIF just to make her mad. her relpy is always "This is worth almost $1000, I could easily sell it on Ebay....sorry lady, you'd be lucky to get $10 on ebay.

The good thing is that in the rare occasion i find a genny game that I want they are cheap, I got a Shinging game, and a phantasy star game last year for $.50 apiece.[/quote]

haha that is awesome, you would think that after a couple tries at the low low price os $100 she would eventually realize that she is fuckin crazy

Very few sales listed this weekend. I think I may hit a fleamarket instead. I only hit a couple last week because of the chicago comiccon. I saw an N64 with Nascar, 3 wretling games, and Resident Evil 2 for the low low price of $50. I tried to buy the RE2 for $1, but no luck.

went out this morning to a sale advertising wii, playstation, and 360 games. guy had a damn good selection, selling wii games (good ones too) for $25-$35. he also had a few ps3 games, quite a few ps2 games, and halo 3. my purchases were

God of War 2 (Complete) - $12
Kingdom Hearts 2 (Complete) - $12
and my good buy of the day was Final Fantasy XII:CE with that big goddamn LE Brady Games Strategy Guide - $15

these prices were high for a garage sale, but good for ANYWHERE else, so there was no way i wasn't taking advantage. also stopped at a few more and got a spongebob uno tin (with cards, obviously) for a quarter and 7 recent back issues of Rolling Stone magazine for a quarter a piece.

*Off Note* Went to the nearby mall afterwards and hit FYE. Some unlucky bastard traded in a SHITLOAD of old WWF DVD's that are worth a fortune. I bagged WWF Summerslam 1999 and 2000, nWo Back in Black and WWF Best of Raw Vol 1 & 2 at $12, $9, $11, & $9, respectively. Not bad considering if I wanted to I could double my profit off of each of those. Also went to Gamestop. They had SIX (!!!) copies of MvC 2 for the Xbox. I know that's the worst version of it, but that was still damn amazing to me.

Not the cheapest day, but from a collector's stand point it's a pretty good one.

Today was slow, I went out at 8:00 and drove aroudn town, the first sale had some common PS1/2 games, I passed on all of them, The only thign i picked up was a N64 with 3 controllers(good sticks) for $5 and a The Island DVD for $1. I saw an advertisement that a sale in town starts at 7am tomorow and has Nintendo and Playstation stuff, I will hit that for sure....but 7am is crazy, this is a saturday people!!

Outrun 2019 CIB - $1

Went to a yardsale today when it started that advertised a "Sega System" only picked this up as it was all I wanted out of 2 other games & a Genesis 2 without a price on it. Offered a dollar for it which was taken.

My finds today= 2 crappy GBA games. for $2
and Spiderman 3, 300, and Buffy volume 1 for $7.

I got up at 6:30 to hit a 7am sale that advertised Nintendo and Playstation, as i pulled up i saw the guy from the local game store buying all the stuff. He paid $15 for a NEs with about 7-10 common games so i didnt care about that, but i was pissed that i got up an hour early. well, I'm on the way to another town now, maybe ill find something there.

I actually had a good day in the way of goods today. It seems that my specialty recently is good genesis games recently.

I went to this sale not anticipating much since this is an annual sale. However, I was a little surprised. I picked up:

SNL Best of Chris Farley
Madden 2001 (GBC)

I paid $2 for both of them. No other story.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2638604635/

This was a sale I almost didn't go to but I am glad I did. I pull up to this sale and Looked around and didn't see any game items. I then asked if any games were available for sale. I talked for a couple minutes and he said he had a couple older hendhelds that he didn't know if they worked or not. I asked If I could look at them and he said that was fine. He then brought out 2 games by Entex.

Crazy Climber
Turtles

The price tag that he had on them was $0.50 each. So I tossed him $1 and went on my way.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2639431812/

This was not a bad find. I just saw some gameboy games on a table and picked them all up. I got:

Dora the Explorer: Super Spies (GBA)
Monster Inc. (GBA)
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (GBC)

These were marked $1 each so I CIF'ed $2 for all of it. She took it and I had some more games.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2639429516/

I went to this yard sale but it was a little out of the way. However it was a good thing I went. I picked up a few good genesis games. I found there:

Warriors of Rome 2
Primal Rage
Shaq Fu
Shinobi 3
Street Fighter 2 Special Championship Edition
NCAA Football
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Pat Riley Basketball

These were marked a quarter each so I CIF'ed $1 for the entire lot and she took it. Turns out that Warriors of Rome 2 is a pretty pricy game. Not a bad deal.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2638597857/

[quote name='Sinnbox']My finds today= 2 crappy GBA games. for $2
and Spiderman 3, 300, and Buffy volume 1 for $7.

I got up at 6:30 to hit a 7am sale that advertised Nintendo and Playstation, as i pulled up i saw the guy from the local game store buying all the stuff. He paid $15 for a NEs with about 7-10 common games so i didnt care about that, but i was pissed that i got up an hour early. well, I'm on the way to another town now, maybe ill find something there.[/quote]

Next time call him out. Say "Aren't you the guy that owns the gamestore?" Is is the G.Sale equivalent of the c-block. It also gets you an 'in' with the person conducting the sale, in case they have more games they didn't put out (or have friends who want to sell games-or other items you are looking for).

Went to a flea market picked up mostly comics, but did buy Fisher Price Firehouse rescue on Nintendo for $1. Left the Dr. Jekyll/Mr Hyde game. CIF $1 for both and they guy wouldn't budge "Because everything I sell is $1". I said "You can sell me one and give me the other!" -but he wouldn't deal. I also saw an Odyssey and an Odyssey 2 both in their boxes for $60 and $40. Guy wouldn't go lower than $50 / $30 'because "These sell for a lot of money on the Internet". Tried to CIF $30 for what I think was the first Odyssey, but he said no. NOTE: I have not been able to find a picture of the box I saw online. The box I saw was mostly white like a box a model would come in, but larger. It was a little smaller than the O2 box.

I can still get them. They have been sitting there for a while plus the guy has a permanent booth. I have to call the guy with the booth next to him to buy a huge comic lot anyway, so he can get me the other guys info.

It's beyond crazy some of the stuff I've seen on here. It's really been horrible in comparison for me. I got MGS (GH) and MGS:VR Missions (missing manual) for $2 Saturday.

Finds for this week and last week:

finds30jf211.jpg

3DO games: Shockwave 2, Total Eclipse, Samurai Showdown, Doom, Ballz Directors Cut, Battlesport, POed - $14
Sealed Game Boy Link - $2
Goldeneye, Final Fantasy, Kiwi Kraze - $5
Gamecube Demo Disc 12 - $1
Sonic Triple Trouble - $1
Ghostbusters 1 and 2 - $3
MGS 3 Subsistance - $10
Dreamcast w/ mouse, hookups and Carry Case - $5

Not pictured:

I found a CD case with the following PS1 games loose:

Lunar 2 (discs 1-3 and making of disc)
Dragon Warrior 7 (disc 2)
Chocobo's Dungeon 2
Harvest Moon Back to Nature
Tales of Destiny 2 (all 3 discs)
Wild Arms 2 (both discs)
Metal Gear Solid (both discs)
Star Wars Rebel Assault II (disc 1)
Brave Fencer Musashi
Breath of Fire 3
Breath of Fire 4
Azure Dreams
Xenogears (disc 2)
Final Fantasy 8 (all discs)

$20

Nice finds, Snotknocker and Kuros!

I was away last weekend and there were only 8 listed sales + rain this weekend. All I got was a GameCube with some crap games for $25 (which I kind of regret; the games looked good at first inspection but like shit when I got them home, must have been the lighting).

Hey everybody! The past 3 weeks I have found absolutely nothing, due to the fact I was gone on vacation to Colorado for 2 weeks. Me and my friends planned on going garage saling, but only went to one sale that had some little kids PC games. It rained last Friday and Saturday which ruined garage sales, and me and my grandpa didn't even bother going in the rain.

But anyways, now I am back from vacation and posting again!

[quote name='slowdive21']Next time call him out. Say "Aren't you the guy that owns the gamestore?" Is is the G.Sale equivalent of the c-block. It also gets you an 'in' with the person conducting the sale, in case they have more games they didn't put out (or have friends who want to sell games-or other items you are looking for).[/quote]

Crap, I ran into the same guy at the monthly fleamarket on sunday!! I don't want to YS-C-Block him because I visit his store pretty often. I just hope that he gives up on the whole YS thing. I also saw 2 guys at the fleamarket selling games and they said "Hey man, our mom said she saw you at garage sales, that's where she gets our games!! and kinda acted tough." I told them I didnt care...what idiots. the last thing i want is some lady going around buying up games just so her grown sons can sell them at the fleamarket.

I went to yard sales today, and found a decent amount of things for a Thursday. Here are my finds:

Driver 2 PS1-$1. Found this with a bunch of other games that were way over priced. It was originally 2 bucks, but I offered one and the guy accepted.
Lord of the Rings Game Manuel- .25 cents
6 Random Genesis Games and 2 N64 games- 3.00
Zorro GBC Game- .10 cents

Nothing major, but I am going tommorow also to catch up on garage saling (still trying to find Mario Party, Super Smash Bros and Mega Man)

I think I might have a pretty good haul

SNES
SNES RF Cable (Had to replace)
SNES AC Adapter
SNES Controller
Super Gameboy
Marble Madness (GB)
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (In Box w/ Manual)
Final Fantasy 2 (In Box w/ Manual)
Final Fantasy 3 (In Box)
Secret of Evermore (In Box w/ Manual, Poster, and Map)
Secret of Mana (In Box w/ Manual, Poster, and Map)
Chrono Trigger (In Box w/ Manual and Poster)

Wario Woods
Donkey Kong Country
Super Mario World
Super Mario All Stars

All for $15. I already made a profit by selling Chrono Trigger for $20 to a friend

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']I think I might have a pretty good haul

SNES
SNES AC Adapter
SNES Controller
Super Gameboy
Marble Madness (GB)
Final Fantasy 3 (In Box)

Wario Woods
Donkey Kong Country
Super Mario World
Super Mario All Stars

All for $15. I already made a profit by selling Chrono Trigger for $20 to a friend[/quote]

your friend is making over a hundred bucks by selling that complete Chrono Trigger on ebay.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']your friend is making over a hundred bucks by selling that complete Chrono Trigger on ebay.[/quote]

Probably..., oh well

Still got Secret of Mana which could net some money

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']Probably..., oh well

Still got Secret of Mana which could net some money[/quote]

Why the hell would you sell that for $20 if you knew how much it was worth?

Oh, and pics pl0z.

you guys are kidding right? he's obviously trolling.

there's a long-standing, unspoken rule here (and on the internet in general): pics or it absolutely never happened.

just joined the site and this thread today and drops this imaginary haul on us? please.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Samus']Why the hell would you sell that for $20 if you knew how much it was worth?

Oh, and pics pl0z.[/quote]
If I actually knew how to work my Digital Camera, i'd post 'em (I need to anyway b/c I want to sell Secret of Mana to get some money towards a iPod Touch/Apple TV)

I thought it was worth only $40 based on Amazon, plus I couldn't sell it on Ebay/Amazon at the time and my friend wanted it. I made more money than I spent for the lot, so I didn't care

Edit: I actually figured it out. Stick the Memory Card in and rip it to the computer. God my parents are morons (They couldn't figure it out and they've had it for 4+ years)

picturevx8.jpg

http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picturevx8.jpg

I obviously don't have Chrono Trigger, i'll try and get a pic of that later (Part of the agreement was I get to borrow his copy of Earthbound, part of the reason why I bought the SNES was to get the game, but I can't put down $100 on a game)

I think I got a decent haul for $15

Some Secret of Mana Pics

Everything With It: http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture014hv5.jpg
Map: http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture005mm0.jpg
Poster: http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture015jj9.jpg

Ya, the Box isn't in perfect shape, and the manual only has a problem with the front cover, but I think I could get $40 for it

Secret of Evermore Pics

Everything With It: http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture008vo4.jpg
Inside of Manual: http://img76.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture013sr1.jpg
Poster 1: http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture009oc9.jpg
Poster 2: http://img61.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture010ty1.jpg
Poster 3: http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture011dw2.jpg

Everything is in mint condition on this thing (sans the 5.00 I just noticed on the box, dangit! It looks completely new too!) I hope to get $30 for this

Lets hope this weekend is good, my fiance is out of town so big time sale-ing I will go, of course with a hangover. They have some big sales on Saturday and I'm hitting 2 of the flea markets in town.

How's that crow taste? Does it need any salt? :lol:

[quote name='allyourblood']you guys are kidding right? he's obviously trolling.

there's a long-standing, unspoken rule here (and on the internet in general): pics or it absolutely never happened.

just joined the site and this thread today and drops this imaginary haul on us? please.[/quote]

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']I think I might have a pretty good haul

SNES
SNES AC Adapter
SNES Controller
Super Gameboy
Marble Madness (GB)
Final Fantasy 3 (In Box)
Wario Woods
Donkey Kong Country
Super Mario World
Super Mario All Stars

All for $15. I already made a profit by selling Chrono Trigger for $20 to a friend[/quote]

Phenomenal haul, but your friend ripped you off something fierce. Complete Chrono Trigger is worth a hell of a lot more than $20.

Oh and if you don't mind selling Chrono Trigger for only $20, how about selling me Secret of Mana and Secret of Evermore for that cheap, LOL!

bread's done
Back