Official 2008 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='PaddyTheChump']You can never have enough NES's :p

As for me, rained out today, hopefully I'm hitting up the flea market tomorrow.[/quote]

Tell that to my wife.

dsc04701ul9.jpg

NES Console w/ Hookups, 2 Controllers
Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Bases Loaded
Tecmo Bowl
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The Simpsons: Bart vs. The Space Mutants
Super Mario World
Top Gear
Paperboy
Taz in Escape From Mars
X-Men 2 in Clone Wars
The Next Tetris
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Namco Museum vol. 1 (Empty :cry:)
Gran Turismo (Empty :cry:)
Total: $10

Friday morning before work find! They advertised video games, and I was not disappointed. Games were 50 cents each and systems were $5. Unfortunately, what was there was all kinda dirty and most of the games were sports. I grabbed everything non-sports and an NES and offered $10 for all, which they gladly took. The empty cases were a little disappointing, but at the end of the day, I still got $12 of stuff for $10, rather than $13 of stuff for $10. I can live with that. I left behind a PS1, SNES, two Genesises, and lots of sports games.

dsc04702vp7.jpg

Sega Visions and other magazines
Total: $1

Kind of an interesting find, this sale had this stack of magazines and a few Atari and Coleco games. Contains 7 issues of Sega Visions, the 1994 Genesis Games Directory, a Sonic 2 poster, and a Sonic 2 strategy guide-ish thing.

dsc04703tq0.jpg

Automobili Lamborghini
ActRaiser 2
Dennis the Menace
Total: $5

Asked about games at a sale and the guy brought out a box of things, but he was still pretty attached to most of them, which I completely understand. I picked out a few that I didn't already have, and he decided to keep a couple and sell me these. I didn't miss out on anything rare, and it was my first and only game find of the day, so I was fine with it.

Found:

Rocky for the Gamecube, Complete- $1
Cars for the Xbox 360- $5

Atari 5200 w/ 2 controllers and Pac-Man
Super Nes w/ one controller, Donkey Kong 3, Super Mario World, and Tetris 2
-$22 for both.

All of this stuff is actually old finds not from this weekend

Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle 2, The (PC) - .50?

I bought a generic portable system soft case about 2 to 3 years ago at a yardsale it was marked a buck I think I offered .50 maybe .25. I never noticed until this past winter that it had Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle 2 hidden away inside!

Defender

This is from the Atari 2600 bundle I bought at a yardsale about 2 months ago.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4393875&postcount=691

I found Defender in the back of the car about a month afterwards and keep forgetting to add it in one of my yardsale pictures. All of the 2600 games were in a shoe box and Defender somehow fell out.

SNES Console Only and Broken
Donkey Kong Country
F-Zero
Maximum Carnage
Star Fox
Super Mario World

Free

This isn't really a yardsale find but I'm putting it here anyways since I don't think it's worth the trouble of starting a new thread. Friend let me have this stuff a few days ago. He couldn't get the SNES to work so I told him to bring it down to my house and I'd have a look at it so he brought down just the system since he knew I had all of the cords and he also brought down all of the games he had with it. I tried it out and it did the same thing for me (just a black screen when you turn it on) so he said I could have it since it's broken and he has no use for the games.

Non Find BS

First sale I went to today (Saturday) advertised a SNES & GameBoy games. I got to the sale only 2-3 minutes before it started as it said no early sales. SNES looked like it had all of the cords and included a Super GameBoy & a SNES Advantage and was marked $50[!]. Beside it was a box with about 20-25 regular GameBoy games each marked $5 but little to nothing that I needed. I would have grabbed a few if they were cheaper since they all had cases and a good chunk of them had manuals. I picked up Star Wars & Empire Strikes Back which were the only decent games I didn't own. I went up and offered $5 for both which was countered with a simple no so I put them back. This easily sets a record for me on the highest IAP on individual GameBoy games & on a SNES at a yardsale.

Got a gamecube with all cords and controller for $5. It was really beat up and missing everything. Literally. No circle at the top with icon and no covers for either of the bottom slots but it works perfectly. Will have pics up soon.

Today was totaly crap as most weeks have been lately, This time last year i could fill up the back seat of my car with games each week for $50. Now there is some lady who buys games for her 2 sons to sell at the fleamarket on fridays, and some guy has been going around CIFing $100 bills and taking whole collections of games!!

90% of the sales I went to today gave me the we sold those yesterday bit, i will check at the fleamarket tomorrow and see what i missed.

All i got today were:

Animal Crossing Wild World - $4
Harvest moon: Save the Homeland - $6
Goldeneye and Bomberman Hero - $5
Presario(P I) 2 gig HDD, 48 MB RAM - $3
Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse - $10

Flea Market Finds:
PS2 Controller - $1
all $4 apiece

Super C(NES)
DKC2(SNES)
DKC3(SNES)
Super Mario Kart(SNES)
All*Stars+World(SNES)
TLOZ: A Link to The Past(SNES)
Oblivion(360)

Lol im in competition with my local game store guy. But he skipped my town as he is kinda overstocked. Thats how i was finnaly able to get my stuff.

[quote name='dodgeme']Lol im in competition with my local game store guy. But he skipped my town as he is kinda overstocked. Thats how i was finnaly able to get my stuff.[/quote]

Nice, I am in competition with the local guy here also but lately he is too hungover to get out before 10 or 11, so i'm lucky.

I didn't much on Friday. I got out late due to some work I had to do. I only managed this.

$0.50

There really hasn't been much here lately. I didn't go till around noon today. I made a few good finds.

Golden Sun - $5 complete
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon - $4 missing instructions

$2 for all these guides, magazines, and a book

The GBA games and the guides were all at one sale. I couldn't pass on the GBA games since I've hardly gotten any good game finds lately. That and you don't seem them boxed like that very often. Now I have to decide if I want to keep them or ebay them.

I'm rather happy to add a couple more RPG guides to my collection. The guides I found were in this huge pile of magazines. The pile was mostly NP, EGM, some gamepro, and tips and tricks. I grabbed those two NP magazines since I figured some collector might have an interest in them.

Lol one thing i hate about this year is the amount of Gamecube's. While not a bad thing. These are all the leftovers from people getting Wii's and keeping Games and controllers. Ive passed up 2 this year. A Jet Black with no controller but did have GBA Player and a Silver that was beat up for a few bucks. Neither came with controllers i was thinking WTF. BTW ill have pictures of my Saturn/Genesis Monday. I gotta show pictures.

[quote name='erehwon'] I grabbed those two NP magazines since I figured some collector might have an interest in them.[/quote]

That one with Mario on the cover is probably my favorite Nin Power. The best 100 games of all time was a real good read 10 yrs ago. I'll have to dig mine out again and look at it.

By saraab87

I got these 5 N64 games for 7$, the girl was asking 2$ each but at least I got her down a little, I tried to CIF 10$ for the whole lot of them which would have been amazing but she didn't bite. Needless this is a very good find of top titles.

The DS game was 1$!!
The GBA games were 1$ each they are going to ebay with other games or to my cousins. These were bought at a different house than the N64 finds, however at this house it was funny because she had high prices on junky toys (10$) that were clearly labeled from the sharper image (they went bankrupt) however when I asked about the games they were cheap!

I saw a pretty weird site at a church festival, it was a Sega CD and Genesis in a blockbuster rental case, it looked complete but who knows, they were asking 15$ so I didn't buy. It was also sitting in the direct sun for a few days. I find that things I get that are donated do not work because no one would donate a working system, at least in my area, so therefore I don't usually trust systems that are bought at church sales or the Salvation army.

I haven't seen any gamecubes yet. Last year I hit on a lot of gamecube games but haven't seen any since them. I have to watch the prices because gamestop sells a lot of cube games pretty cheap so I have to be careful that I don't overpay. However a stash of first party games would be nice to find!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SaraAB']
By saraab87

I got these 5 N64 games for 7$, the girl was asking 2$ each but at least I got her down a little, I tried to CIF 10$ for the whole lot of them which would have been amazing but she didn't bite. Needless this is a very good find of top titles.

The DS game was 1$!!
The GBA games were 1$ each they are going to ebay with other games or to my cousins. These were bought at a different house than the N64 finds, however at this house it was funny because she had high prices on junky toys (10$) that were clearly labeled from the sharper image (they went bankrupt) however when I asked about the games they were cheap!

I saw a pretty weird site at a church festival, it was a Sega CD and Genesis in a blockbuster rental case, it looked complete but who knows, they were asking 15$ so I didn't buy. It was also sitting in the direct sun for a few days. I find that things I get that are donated do not work because no one would donate a working system, at least in my area, so therefore I don't usually trust systems that are bought at church sales or the Salvation army.

I haven't seen any gamecubes yet. Last year I hit on a lot of gamecube games but haven't seen any since them. I have to watch the prices because gamestop sells a lot of cube games pretty cheap so I have to be careful that I don't overpay. However a stash of first party games would be nice to find![/quote]

That's whats nice about Gamecube, there are a ton of First party stuff out there.

I had a strange run in today at a gas station beside the Salvation army, I saw a local guy that is always at garages sales and he motioned me over to his truck and told me that he knows i buy games at Garage sales and told me that he always buys game lots but onlyplays sports games(WEIRD!!) he had a bunch of games that he was getting ready to donate to the SA so he gave them to me, I also gave him my number so he can call me to git rid of his other non sports games!! how sweet is that?

He also told me about a sale i passed over yesterday that was sellign $4 360 games!!!

No yardsales again (had yardwork yesterday/ hungover today) but I did get a snes Super Scope gun in the original box with styrofoam, new batteries, sensor, and booklets for $4 at Goodwill. Didnt have the game though so i ordered it off Google for $6. Also got a Dlink Dl-514 wireless router from Goodwill for $4. Pretty well spent $14 I would say.

[quote name='antman157']^^^^ pics of the games please[/quote]

Sorry, they were all commons, I usualy only borrow my parents camera(Mine was stolen) if i come across something rare.

One of the earlier sales I went to on Saturday, I saw a cloth bag on the ground, with a NES controller peeking out, so I'm looking in the bag, it's random video game stuff, couple cart games, cords. I ask the lady if there's more video game stuff, she says she has no idea about the stuff, it's from her niece or something. I offer her a buck for it, she's happy and I take it off her hands.

• NES power adapter
  • RCA video cable
  • NES RF switch
  • Genesis RF cable
  • power adapter from a 2WIRE device (likely AT&T DSL)
  • NES controller
  • Genesis controller
  • N64 - Hercules (horrible, filthy condition)
  • N64 - NBA Live 99 (horrible, filthy condition)
  • Tesserae for Gameboy
  • a bunch of dirt
I picked up NCAA 06 for PS2 at another sale for 50 cents, good trade 5 filler at GS.

And I found the unreasonable expectations sale too:
The next sale, within walking distance, I didn't buy anything. There's a big sale, with one lady at a table taking payments and whatnot. At one end, there is an old woman guarding a bookcase full of PS2 games and crap PC games. On the table next to it is one of those metal travel game cases, with a GBA SP in it, along with a light for it and some other accessories, and about 20 games. I ask about it, $200 firm, I ask if selling games separately, No. Then she starts talking about how expensive the games were to buy as I'm walking away. As we browsed the rest of the sale, it was weird, she seemed borderline hostile to almost everyone asking about or looking at the games.

Wow, thats worse than the one I went to where the lady shouted in my face that the GBA SP she was selling was worth 50$ on ebay.

Does anyone else find that the huge yard sales that have a ton of stuff left are the ones that are the most overpriced? I seem to do better at the small fly by style sales where they only have a couple tables in front.

[quote name='SaraAB']Does anyone else find that the huge yard sales that have a ton of stuff left are the ones that are the most overpriced? I seem to do better at the small fly by style sales where they only have a couple tables in front.[/QUOTE]

Yep sounds exactly like the kind of people that don't realize that yardsales are about taking a day or two to get rid of unwanted stuff that isn't being used and think that they are going into business like a store right in the front yard!

Funny story dys006 about the lady guarding the video games, they could use her at a store like K-Mart to prevent people from stealing the disc out of bargin bin games :)

Not too many sales and almost none with video games but I did have one really good sale, nothing particularly rare but good volume

NES with 2 controllers and hookups
N64 with 2 controllers and hookups
2 Gamecube Controllers

N64 Game
NBA Courtside 2

NES Games
TMNT
Cleaning Cart
Snoopy's Silly Sports
Loopz
Ghosts n Goblins
Zelda Gold
Clu Clu Land
Ice Climber
Jaws
Baloon Fight
Pac-Man
Pro Wrestling
Tecmo Baseball
Metroid
T&C Surf Designs
Gumshoe
Wizards & Warriors
Pinbot
RBI Baseball
Wheel of Fortune
Jeopardy
Krusty's Funhouse
Heavy Shreddin'
Mario/Duck Hunt

SNES Games
Mortal Kombat
Super Godzilla
Gunforce
Earthworm Jim
Super ROTJ
Super ESB
The Tick
Samurai Shodown
Power Rangers
C2: Judgement Clay
Mario All Stars
Family Feud
Timon and Pumbaa
Spiderman
King of the Monsters 2
Super High Impact
Super Off Road
Super Mario World

GC Games - All scratched to hell
Mario Kart
Kirby
Mario Golf
Mario Party 7 Case and Insert Only

All for 16$ not too shabby

[quote name='FOnewearl']Yep sounds exactly like the kind of people that don't realize that yardsales are about taking a day or two to get rid of unwanted stuff that isn't being used and think that they are going into business like a store right in the front yard!

Funny story dys006 about the lady guarding the video games, they could use her at a store like K-Mart to prevent people from stealing the disc out of bargin bin games :)[/quote]

They could be like the people around here that buy on thurday and friday and resell on saturdays. I don't know why poeple do that!!

There are a few houses that have "permanent" yard sales here (and no they don't throw stuff on their lawn, they have it in the garage). These are always the most overpriced but after a while you get to recognize the houses and addresses so you can avoid them. A lot of the merchandise I find at these permanent yard sales is stuff that target or another retail store discarded or was on clearance very cheap at some point, either that or its stolen. I don't go to yard sales to buy merchandise that was discarded by a retail store, there is a reason the stuff didn't sell in the first place!!!

I even found one yard sale where I know all the merchandise they were selling was stolen. I don't know about anyone else but if I had a ton of stolen merchandise I wouldn't be sitting out on the lawn trying to hock it, all it takes is one person to blow you in.

I am really savvy and I have spotted the exact same merchandise at several different houses even, there might be a few people in my area that are running a yard sale business or something, lol. I see a few of the same people selling at different houses yet its the same merchandise. The thought of that is pretty funny. I think it would cost more in gas and transportation to do that than even if you sold one or 2 of your overpriced items. I am not sure who would go into business buying stuff at yard sales and then trying to sell it at your own sale. People go to yard sales to buy low priced items, they don't go expecting to find a retail store on your front lawn. As another person mentioned, the point of a yard sale is to get rid of the junk you have in your house. I also don't know how these people afford the $25-30 per week the paper charges to place an ad for a yard sale and all of the ads we find for these are in the paper.

Then there are the people that have the same merchandise year after year at the same prices. I don't even know where they store the stuff and I don't want to know. I can't imagine leaving your whole garage filled with yard sale stuff so you could open it up to the general public for a couple days year after year, methinks that space could be used for something better! These people usually have tons of stuff that never sells, and its the same stuff every year. They act as if it magically gets more valuable as the years pass.

[quote name='SaraAB']Then there are the people that have the same merchandise year after year at the same prices.[/QUOTE]

I see a fair amount of this in my town and have gotten to know which houses have a yardsale once or twice a year now. This last week was pretty weak for me as I went to about a dozen sales and about 6-8 of them were sales I've been to before. I will stop at a repeat sale just incase anything new of interest is out but will usually pass on taking the time to ask about video games at a sale that I've been to before.

[quote name='dodgeme']Heres pictures of my saturday find. I spent 30 bucks in total.[/quote]

Did you get those in the decatur, IN area? That looks exactly like the set i traded into the book nook 4 years ago!!

finally got around to grabbing some pics of this past weekend's stuff:

(like always, click to make big)

NES Fester's Quest (missing sleeve and manual), $2
60 Crazy Bones, all for 50c

Xgaming X-Arcade Two Player w/PC and PS1/PS2 adapters, $10

if it isn't obvious, this was a tremendously uneventful weekend, yard sale-wise. not much to say about the NES game and Crazy Bones. the X-Arcade was lying amongst a bunch of clothes. i asked the family selling how much they wanted and one of them said they were selling it for a friend and he wanted $10. i tried to get them to go lower, but they wouldn't budge, reminding me that it didn't belong to them. i bought it anyway, of course, asked if they had any games (they didn't), and then split. i have it hooked up to my PC right now -- it works great!

here's hoping for bigger and better finds next weekend...

[quote name='allyourblood']

if it isn't obvious, this was a tremendously uneventful weekend, yard sale-wise. not much to say about the NES game and Crazy Bones. the X-Arcade was lying amongst a bunch of clothes. i asked the family selling how much they wanted and one of them said they were selling it for a friend and he wanted $10. i tried to get them to go lower, but they wouldn't budge, reminding me that it didn't belong to them. i bought it anyway, of course, asked if they had any games (they didn't), and then split. i have it hooked up to my PC right now -- it works great!

here's hoping for bigger and better finds next weekend...[/quote]

It may have been uneventful, but that X-Arcade is a one in a lifetime GS find!!

[quote name='Sinnbox']It may have been uneventful, but that X-Arcade is a one in a lifetime GS find!![/quote]

oh, i'm definitely not snubbing that deal. the X-Arcade is one of those items that i'd always look at with longing and say, "you know, someday i'll just go nuts and blow a wad of cash on one of those...". then i'd come to my senses and find something else to obsess over. now that the thing has landed in my lap, i can honestly say that the quality, response and construction are easily worth the retail price, if you plan to use it often. they aren't lying when people say it's "just like the real thing". it's also easily the most heavy-duty gaming accessory i've ever owned.

for the record, i have mostly ire in my heart for joystick accessories, since 93% of them suck, horribly. this one definitely resides at/near the top of the other 7%. if you like a traditional US arcade feel, you would love this thing.

[quote name='allyourblood']

60 Crazy Bones, all for 50c[/quote]

Lucky! I have such a huge collection of that stuff (I was a slave to Corporations as a Child)

Not really a yard sale find, but I am looking for assistance from the "yard sale minded." A friend of mine at work is cleaning out his house and wanted to unload some videogame stuff and knew I would take it off his hands. He said not to woory about money but I figured i would give him a reasonable price for the following items:

SNES Control Deck (redesign, in box, looks to be played about one time)
Superpad Controller (InterAct)
SuperPad Controller (original packaging, InterAct, licensed by Nintendo)

SNES Games
Brunswick World Tournament of Champions
F-Zero
Jeopardy
Killer Instinct
Madden NFL 95
Pilotwings
Super Mario World
Super Off Road: The Baja
Super Pinball: Behind the mask
Super Punch Out
Top Gear
Wheel of Fortune Deluxe Edition

NES Games
Karate Champ
Super Mario Bros./Duck hunt
Super Mario Bros.
Golf

What would you all pay for this at a yard sale? Of course we would all pay a dollar, but I am looking for a reasonable amount to offer the guy. All the SNES games are in great condition but no boxes. The SNES system and box could be passed of as brand new, it seriously looks that good.

[quote name='somahead33']Not really a yard sale find, but I am looking for assistance from the "yard sale minded." A friend of mine at work is cleaning out his house and wanted to unload some videogame stuff and knew I would take it off his hands. He said not to woory about money but I figured i would give him a reasonable price for the following items:[/quote]
Nothing too valuable for games, but with the SNES redesign, I'd probably go $40 or $50. But then again, I missed one on craigslist by about an hour this weekend for $20, so I'm looking for one a little more than I was before.

Anyone got a comparison pic of the original SNES next to the redesign? I've looked and looked but couldn't find one. Just how much smaller is it?

Yard sale offer would be not much more than $10. Can't really compute a real offer. I'm sure in reality the SNES is worth a little, and the redesign probably a little more. My used game store sells the originals for $50 and I have sold them for $30.

My suggestion, take him out to a good lunch or dinner instead. Especially if he really means not to worry about the money.

[quote name='willc23']Yard sale offer would be not much more than $10. Can't really compute a real offer. I'm sure in reality the SNES is worth a little, and the redesign probably a little more. My used game store sells the originals for $50 and I have sold them for $30.

My suggestion, take him out to a good lunch or dinner instead. Especially if he really means not to worry about the money.[/quote]

this entire post takes the words right out of my mouth. i agree completely. used, i wouldn't value the stuff anymore than $10. buy him lunch, tip your hat to him, and call it even.

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']Lucky! I have such a huge collection of that stuff (I was a slave to Corporations as a Child)[/quote]

thanks! these are the first "Bones" i've owned, but i'm a freak for small collectible toys (especially from the 80s), since they don't take up much space and there's usually a lot of unique characters.

i plan to pick up more Bones as i find them. fun little guys. oh! and i just found out (by coincidence) that 3 of them glow in the dark!!!

Getting the collectible toys at yard sales is the best way to get them! Even if you have to get them after they are popular at least you got to experience what they were all about without spending the cash. Most people and parents here have so many toys on their lawn that they are practically giving them away and are very glad when someone comes by wanting to buy toys.

[quote name='Trikip']Wait a minute... every NES game came with a sleeve? I thought it was an accessory.
[/color][/quote]

LOL, I think some or all of the games at the end stages of the NES's life stopped coming sleeves (and also, the blank sleeves came with third party games adn the Nintendo marked sleeves came with first and maybe second party games). Cost cutting measure.

Same as how Sega Genesis games stopped coming in plastic boxes and switched to cardboard, SNES games stopped coming with the dust sleeve eventually, and Playstation games stopped coming in the long/tall boxes fairly quickly.

[quote name='SaraAB']Getting the collectible toys at yard sales is the best way to get them! Even if you have to get them after they are popular at least you got to experience what they were all about without spending the cash. Most people and parents here have so many toys on their lawn that they are practically giving them away and are very glad when someone comes by wanting to buy toys.[/quote]

I found a huge(like 1.5 SQ ft!) tote of old G.I. Joes and ninja turtles, as I was getting the $5 to pay the lady she said, oh wait, im gonna just put this on Ebay. It's probably still sitting in her garage!!

I am referring to modern toys here, people around here just don't think they have any value when their kid has already played with them. Plus the kid often has so many toys, they just don't know what to do with it and they just want it GONE! There are certain things you can find that are worth money on ebay that will only cost you a few cents or dollars at yard sales.

[quote name='SaraAB']I am referring to modern toys here, people around here just don't think they have any value when their kid has already played with them. Plus the kid often has so many toys, they just don't know what to do with it and they just want it GONE! There are certain things you can find that are worth money on ebay that will only cost you a few cents or dollars at yard sales.[/quote] What old fad toys are actually worth money? I don't think crazy bones are...

[quote name='darkslime']What old fad toys are actually worth money? I don't think crazy bones are...[/quote]

CBs aren't super-valuable, but look 'em up on Ebay -- they ain't exactly free, either.

and as for valuable old fad toys, pretty much anything from the 80s. He-Man, Transformers, Micro Machines, etc... depending on what you've got, a lot of that stuff is worth big bucks.

[quote name='allyourblood']CBs aren't super-valuable, but look 'em up on Ebay -- they ain't exactly free, either.

and as for valuable old fad toys, pretty much anything from the 80s. He-Man, Transformers, Micro Machines, etc... depending on what you've got, a lot of that stuff is worth big bucks.[/quote]

Yeah there are collectors for everything, especially from the "pre collecting" days before EVERYONE started collecting and keeping sealed, mass produced toys (think the 90's and the return of the Star Wars figures).

Stuff from the 80's and earlier - toy collecting actually exploded with the baby boomers, who started paying huge money for their old toys, board games, lunch boxes of the late 40's, 50's, and 60's on - all in an attempt to recapture the nostalgia of their childhood, relive their unit and find their inner child. Much of those toys came from overseas emerging/postwar economies in southeast Asia (though much was still being manufactured and quite well in the good ol' USA), and used to be considered junk.

LOL - I mean it started with the Japanese after the war, and early on their stuff was mass produced cheap knick knacks and considered pure garbage, and they progressively improved the quality and now they are considered to have the best quality products in the world, then the cycle went to Taiwan, South Korea, China and on it goes...

Anything that is tin, aluminum, thin steel sheet, alloy or made of metal/iron/die cast and old is generally very collectible. Old board games. Old pre-plastic lunch boxes with characters/shows/toys of the 80's and earlier. The toys themselves, especially the better the condition and if it has all accessories, original packaging, no discoloring/fading/broken pieces etc.

BTW I don't know about Crazy Bones, but Battle Beasts >>> Crazy Bones and those little mini pink Japanese wrestlers from the 80's. Battle Beasts were the BOMB. I regret selling my set of 40 or 50 or so complete ones for a couple hundred on eBay (same with some of my vintage, old school die cast giant robots). But I needed to thin the toy collection. I still have a ton of original Micro Machines - are those actually worth something?

0_o I didn't realize all of those toys were worth alot. Thanks. ^_^

Also, I found a place that'll buy disney VHS tapes for $2.50 in store credit that I can use to buy video games, and constantly see those for cheap at Garage sales. Anyone know if any of them are worth more than that?

Depends .. Song of the South is VERY rare (especially if you have it in box) ..

[quote name='darkslime']0_o I didn't realize all of those toys were worth alot. Thanks. ^_^

Also, I found a place that'll buy disney VHS tapes for $2.50 in store credit that I can use to buy video games, and constantly see those for cheap at Garage sales. Anyone know if any of them are worth more than that?[/quote]

Yea, to find an original copy is pretty hard to find .. In box .. Anyone can copy the VHS tape.. But to have an original is hard to find.. Im a SUPER HUGE Disney fan and the price for the original VHS in box is around $50 bucks

[quote name='Trikip']Song of the South is rare? Seriously? My old music teacher in elementary school had it.[/quote]

bread's done
Back