Mario Bro's
Metroid
Castlevania 3 Draculas Curse
Punch Out
RC Pro Am
Mario Bros 2
NES Games Total 4$

Total Spent today 8$

Today I went out for the first time and probably hit about 5-7 garage sales (my sales were limited due to the fact that I was riding on a bike). I talked to a guy and he said that he would bring his old SNES stuff for tomorrow and I could buy it then. What is the best way to bring stuff home on a bike? I was thinking about an empty backpack and some plastic bags from the handle bars. Does anybody ride their bike and what is the best method to bring stuff home?

[quote name='flow.of.soul']Today I went out for the first time and probably hit about 5-7 garage sales (my sales were limited due to the fact that I was riding on a bike). I talked to a guy and he said that he would bring his old SNES stuff for tomorrow and I could buy it then. What is the best way to bring stuff home on a bike? I was thinking about an empty backpack and some plastic bags from the handle bars. Does anybody ride their bike and what is the best method to bring stuff home?[/quote]

What I did was plastic bags from handle bars. Works okay for just small cartridges or DVD cases. A whole system might be a bit more difficult.

My day wasn't too good.

First sale was in my neighborhood.
Battlestar Galactica board game (old series) $1
The Curse of Monkey Island - Disk only $2

Went to a Neighborhood sale in a nicer area. Found nothing. Second neighborhood was rather small. I only got some books for A+ and Net+ certifications. They are a couple years old, but look pretty good.

[quote name='qpid']BTW We got this one game Sagaia and information on it on the internet is sparse, anyone know anything about it?[/QUOTE]

Sagaia = Darius II

http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/index.html?game=Sagaia&platform=0

I'm assuming you got it for the Genesis since it only came out in the US for the Genesis. I never knew that it was also on the SMS & GB under this name elsewhere. I only knew that it was released in other regions on the Saturn as Darius II.

Alundra 2
Metal Gear Solid
Parasite Eve (Missing Preview Disc)

$5

Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus (Manual Missing) - $2
Spyro Year of The Dragon/Crash Bash Demo - Free

Crash Bandicoot 2: CSB
Crash Bandicoot: Warped
Crash Team Racing
King of Fighters '95 (Manual Missing)
Gauntlet Legends
Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko
Mortal Kombat Trilogy (GH)
Mortal Kombat: Special Forces
Primal Rage (Longbox, Missing Manual)
Resident Evil 2 (Missing Manual)
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis (Missing Back Insert)
Tetris Plus
Time Crisis
Twisted Metal (GH)

$20

All of the Playstation games came from the sale yardsale and are complete if nothing otherwise is mentioned, IAP on each game was $2. I've been to this house before as they have a sale every year but didn't have the Playstation stuff the last few years. I also saw all of the left over Playstation 2 & Xbox games from 2 weeks ago at a different house so obviously it must be part of the same family selling some stuff again that didn't sell. I also saw about 20-25 Saturn games that they had left from last year. I went at first and got the first 3 games for $5, Oddworld shortly afterwards after scraping up some change along with the demo which they let me have after mentioning that it's a demo, then the last bunch of games I went back for at about noon and offered $20 for which was taken. Like the PS2, Xbox games they had a truck load of PS1 games, should have counted but I'll take a rough guess at about 150 games.

Sega Saturn (Model 2) With Nascar 98 inside, Power Cord, 1st Party Controller, GB Battery Pack - $3

NES With Mario Is Missing Inside!, Power Adpator & Zapper - $3

Gemstik Controller - .25

TMNT Fall of The Foot Clan With Case (GB) - .25
Konami NFL Football (GB) - .25

NES Games
Batman - $1
Dragon Warrior II - $1
Final Fantasy - $1
Legend of Zelda, The - $3
Ninja Gaiden III - $1
Tecmo Bowl - $1
Top Gun: The Second Mission - $1
Willow - $1

All of this stuff came from the same sale and I put the asking price after every single item as that's what I paid. I probably wouldn't have gone to this sale if it didn't advertise something of interest as I usually won't go even 5 minutes outside of town to go to a yardsale unless it's some sort of community sale, this sale was just outside of town close to five minutes out. Advertised "Sega systems" so I decided to make it my first stop and got to it about 15 minutes early.

Besides what I got they had a Game Gear with boxes for all of the games & system and even the accesories along with the big 1st party carrying case and another smaller 1st party bag marked $30 for all of the Game Gear stuff. They also had a model 2 Genesis sports system in the box along with about a dozen games Sonic, Sonic 2, Earthworm Jim and The Lion King being the only non sports games and I didn't even take notice to what they were asking for the Genesis stuff. I offered $20 for everything I bought and the Game Gear stuff and the lady got pissy and said that the Game Gear was $30 and wasen't interested or too kind to the idea of haggling/countering my offer. She then mentioned that she could sell it to someone else if I didn't want it and mentioned that her daughter used to work at a toy store as if that made here an expert on what to price the stuff at :D I decided to get what I did and didn't even bother trying to lower the prices and trying to do so mentioning anything like controllers or cords missing as I'm sure she would have looked at me like I was crazy since it was already fair at $3 an incomplete system and I figure that it wasen't worth the trouble to maybe save a little bit dealing with a seller like this. I also figured that the Game Gear stuff costed a lot more as they could test it while some of the stuff I got was probably marked a lot cheaper because they couldn't tested it and figured it was as-is.

This is the first time I've seen Ninja Gaiden III in the wild in ages, it was the only game that had a styrofoam block. The rest of the games all had Sleeves and manuals Dragon Warrior II even had a little correction page for a few mistakes in the manual. Unfornately Zelda, Final Fantasy & Dragon Warrior II didn't have any maps or other extras. This was also the first time I've seen anything Dragon Warrior in the wild except for the first game. Odd not seeing either SMB/DH or Super Mario Bros 3 in the mix but Mario Is Missing being in the system instead of SMB was a nice change of pace although I'd never expect that to be the game I'd find in an NES in the wild around here.

Non Find BS

Second sale I stopped at today was on the main street in town in what used to be a gas station/car repair shop. Looked around didn't see anything then asked about video games to which I was told (without prying for details) that they had an N64 with about 15 games which they sold yesterday for $10. I was kind of surprised and asked if they were open yesterday selling as the sale was listed in the paper as starting on 8/22 to which they said that they weren't selling but setting up and when people saw this they pulled over and started looking around and it wasen't a huge surprise that the N64 bundle was one of the first treasures to go pre-sale. They then told me that they closed the garage doors shortly after people stopped by so that they wouldn't have more yardsalers stopping by while they were setting up.

Some weeks rock, and others just blow. This week blew. I picked up a DVD of Ratatouille for $3, which was my only find. I did walk up to a sale to see a SNES box and asked about it. They had sold the console at a previous sale and the only thing inside the box was the styrofoam.

Also, has anybody ever walked up to a house that just reeked of dog? Everything, and I mean everything smelled horrible.

Oh well, here's to the holiday weekend next week! Hope it's better than this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FOnewearl']Sagaia = Darius II

http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/index.html?game=Sagaia&platform=0

I'm assuming you got it for the Genesis since it only came out in the US for the Genesis. I never knew that it was also on the SMS & GB under this name elsewhere. I only knew that it was released in other regions on the Saturn as Darius II.[/QUOTE]

No its for the Gameboy, says made in china and has what looks to be chinese characters on it.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gameboy/home/569701.html

d

Decent volume weekend. Actually ran out of time and only made it through about 1/2 of my usual route.

First stop was a repeat sale from last weekend that was about 4 houses up from my home. Didn't really expect much because I figured it would be pretty picked over from last weekend. Was correct until I asked the owner about games. He said the only thing he had was a broken new Xbox. I figured it was the old system, but he brought out a 360 and said I could have it if I wanted it. Just the system, no connnections or controllers. I don't have a 360, so if I can get it fixed on the cheap I am going to keep it.

XBox360 System Only
FREE

Next stopped at a neighborhood sale. Almost picked up a lime green GBA SP for $15, but passed. Probably should have picked it up.

Next purchase was a black Gamecube complete connections, first party controller, third party controlller, and a platinum Wavebird plus 18 games:
Call of Duty 2 Big Red One
Lord of the Rings The Two Towers
Top Gun Combat Zones
Madden 2004
Eighteen Wheeler American Pro Trucker
Star Wars Rebel Strike R
Rogue Squadron III
R*T*S Real Time Strategy
Defender
Midway Arcade Treasures
Nascar Thunder 2003
Freedom Fighters
NHL Hitz Pro
Desert Storm II Back to Baghdad
NHL 2003
Paper Mario
Zelda Windwaker
Backyard Football
$40

Next pick up asked the person if they had any games and he said that he had an old Gameboy he was wanting to get rid of. Brought out a box with a snakeball of cables and power plugs as well as the Gameboy. Got it home and it had some decent cables, SNES/N64/GC video cable, Gameboy 4-player adapter and link cable. Also had a 64 Jumper Pack
$1

Went to another neighborhood sale and ran into one of those sales that you run into that makes you want to get out of there ASAP. Pulled up to a sale with a real rough looking guy running it, obligatory prison tatoos included. Went up and saw a Gameboy Advance on the table. I asked if there where any more games and how much. He looked at me with the 100 yard stare and said $20. Usually, I would try to kid with someone when they are so over priced, but I put it back down . . . fast. Looked through the rest of the games he had out and came accross a copy of Shenmue for the Dreamcast. He said he wanted a couple bucks for it. Picked it up without CIFing. Shows how people that don't really know what they have can price things. Overprice because it is hardware, underprice because it is software.

Shenmue-Everything but Manual (Dreamcast)
$2

2 Seedless Watermelons
$3

Same neighborhood sale, 5 PS1 games
Vigilante 8-Game Only
Nuclear Strike-Game Only
Sled Storm-Complete
Rage Racer-Complete
Maximum Power-Game Only
$1

Last pickup
The Story of the Clash Double CD
Cornershop CD
$3

Any suggestions on how to equip the 360 as cheaply as possible will be appreciated.

[quote name='willc23']
Any suggestions on how to equip the 360 as cheaply as possible will be appreciated.[/quote]

I have the HD-Component cables. Only thing that doesn't work is the right analog sound output. If you hook up a digital optical cable, sound works fine.

You can have it for shipping, which should be about a couple bucks.

Also, find out whats wrong with the console. If it's RRoD, you should be able to send it back to M$ and get it fixed for free.

I've always wanted to ask this question. Does Microsoft object to it being a second owner when there is a RRoD? What I am saying is what happens if the original owner has registered it with MS? If it is the RRoD will there be a problem if I send it in under my name? I know this is the wrong forum, so if someone wants to PM me or move this I don't have a problem with it. Or you can say to hell with it and we can start a discussion here. Thanks.

[quote name='willc23']I've always wanted to ask this question. Does Microsoft object to it being a second owner when there is a RRoD? What I am saying is what happens if the original owner has registered it with MS? If it is the RRoD will there be a problem if I send it in under my name? I know this is the wrong forum, so if someone wants to PM me or move this I don't have a problem with it. Or you can say to hell with it and we can start a discussion here. Thanks.[/quote]

Microsoft doesn't care if it's the second owner.

I picked up a tub of Transformers for $5...I'll get pics up. Does anyone know the value of these things?

[quote name='willc23']I've always wanted to ask this question. Does Microsoft object to it being a second owner when there is a RRoD? What I am saying is what happens if the original owner has registered it with MS? If it is the RRoD will there be a problem if I send it in under my name? I know this is the wrong forum, so if someone wants to PM me or move this I don't have a problem with it. Or you can say to hell with it and we can start a discussion here. Thanks.[/quote]
When my friend's preowned 360 got the RRoD, he called them up and they transfered the warranty to his name.

So today was my first day out that I actually bought something. I probably went to about 8 sales and I think I came out pretty good.

First sale I went to said that they threw their old video games out a while ago. They said they had three systems and about 20 games :cry: It surprises me how people throw out their video games but keep all this other junk you see in their garage.

Next one I went to I asked the people if they had any video games and they said no. I was about to leave when my brother pointed out this GBC with about 7 games for $5. I CIF for $3 and she took it easily. All the games were crap but I managed to make a profit off them later.

Next one I went to had a GB in a wierd case with about 5 games for $5. I could not bring him down so I took it since I liked all the games in there. Notable titles were Metroid II, Super Mario Land, Operation C (I think its just Contra) and TETRIS!

I went to my last sale of the day after following signs and the guy had a Game Gear and a Genesis out. He had the Game Gear and 5 games for $10 and the Genesis for $5 with full hook ups. I CIFed for $10 but he didnt take the bait so I reluctently paid $15.

picture2bm8.jpg

I then went over to my local game store and traded in all the crappy GBC and Game Gear games in for $15 (Profit! :D). I then bought Dragon Quest III and Sonic the Hegehog 2 for $5. I was hoping to get Pokemon Blue but they were selling it for $18 :cold:. I also hit a garage sale and picked up a Green Day CD for 10 cents.

picture1dn6.jpg

All in all I think it was a pretty good day for my first time. I'll try to go out tomorrow if I get the chance.

dsc04760xn7.jpg

Sega Genesis Model 2 w/ Hookups, 2 Controllers
CyberBall
Monopoly
Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures
Quackshot Starring Donald Duck
Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Sonic The Hedgehog 3
Sonic & Knuckles
The Great Waldo Search
Creative Zen Vision:M 30GB MP3 Player :hot:
Total: $15

The MP3 player should make a very nice flip, but right now it doesn't turn on. They said they were sure it worked, but the battery was probably dead, so I ordered a USB cable for it earlier today and am crossing my fingers.

dsc04764ne3.jpg

Kings of the Beach
Kirby's Adventure
Popeye
Super Spike V'Ball / Nintendo Word Cup
TaleSpin
The Adventures of Bayou Billy
The Jetsons: Cogswell's Caper :hot:
Sonic & Yoshi Plushes
Total: $7

Talked these down from $5 each to $1 each, but dang, Jetsons is apparently worth $20 cart alone, and I got a manual with it. Pretty sweet.

dsc04765ak1.jpg

10-Yard Fight
Archon
Bases Loaded II
Bigfoot
Excitebike
Kung Fu
NARC
Super Dodge Ball
Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt
Tiger-Heli
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game
NES Controller, 2 NES MAX Controllers, RF Adapter, and Power Supply
2 sticks of DDR RAM
USB Floppy Drive
Random Power & USB Cords
Total: $8

Fun stuff, almost didn't stop at this sale, but glad I did.

Random finds from other sales:

dsc04763cy7.jpg

dsc04766oh8.jpg

Game Gear w/ Power Adapter and Ecco: Tides of Time: $0.50
Crash Bandicoot Halloween Plush: $0.25
Final Fantasy VII Discs 1 & 2: $1 :hot:
Laptop Network Card and USB Cooling Fan: $5
GBA 4-Way Link Cable: $2
Beetle Adventure Racing & Turok: Dinosaur Hunter: $4

Also I got a nice 10 gallon fishtank with a ton of accessories that I have some sweet plans for, I'll have to post it when I'm done with it. :cool:

It was pretty dry for me today other than the usual load of toys. I did find a load of vintage toys at St. Vincents and I was able to pick up the pedals for the racing wheel I found last week (even though it worked fine without them).

As for the other sales everyone was overpriced or they were repeat sales with the same people trying to get tons of money for their junk year after year. I swear these 2 ladies in my area are running a racket or something with stuff as I keep seeing them at tons of different houses with the same merchandise... One lady had clothes for 3$ and up however her xbox games were only 1$ a piece, the titles weren't great and I don't have a XBOX so I left them behind.

Oh and if your having a yard sale PLEASE LEAVE YOUR PETS INSIDE THE HOUSE!!! Not only do I not need to see your filthy and extremely obese cat (seriously guys, this cat was larger than I have ever seen a cat in my life, it was probably at least 50-60lbs) but I also don't want your huge dog coming up to bite me! There was one sale I was not able to stop at because of a growling, unchained large dog.

The guy at the local Video game trader is always buying broken 360's and sending them to get fixed for free.

My day went terrible, All I saw were over priced PS2/Xbox stuff, One lady told me that a extremely rude and annoying lady bought all her NES games yeasterday. I think it was one of the local Fleamarket Vendors. I did manage to buy GOW2 and Silent Hill 4 and 9NES games yesterday for $20, I wanted to go lower but I was on my from the ATM and only had $20's on me.

[quote name='SaraAB']It was pretty dry for me today other than the usual load of toys. I did find a load of vintage toys at St. Vincents and I was able to pick up the pedals for the racing wheel I found last week (even though it worked fine without them).

As for the other sales everyone was overpriced or they were repeat sales with the same people trying to get tons of money for their junk year after year. I swear these 2 ladies in my area are running a racket or something with stuff as I keep seeing them at tons of different houses with the same merchandise... One lady had clothes for 3$ and up however her xbox games were only 1$ a piece, the titles weren't great and I don't have a XBOX so I left them behind.

Oh and if your having a yard sale PLEASE LEAVE YOUR PETS INSIDE THE HOUSE!!! Not only do I not need to see your filthy and extremely obese cat (seriously guys, this cat was larger than I have ever seen a cat in my life, it was probably at least 50-60lbs) but I also don't want your huge dog coming up to bite me! There was one sale I was not able to stop at because of a growling, unchained large dog.[/quote] 50-60 pound cat! Holy shit!

Only 4 sales within biking distance today. 2 had games. One was extremely overpriced on PS2 and XBOX games, and the other had PSX and DC boxes, but no games, and the lady didn't speak english so I couldn't ask for the boxes.

[quote name='Samus']Sealed OoT? Seriously nice score, any story behind it?[/quote]

Not really, the guy just had it.

Boring, I know.

Took the 360 to Gamecrazy and they couldn't test it because they did not have a plug. Took it to Gamestop and they wouldn't test it because I didn't have cables. Took it to my locally owned game store and they bent over backwards to help. What's that tell you?

They disconnected a 360 in their LAN room and hooked it up. Everything booted up, so they guy said it wasn't a red ring issue. Problem looks to be a drawer problem. It was stuck. He said he would fix it for me if I dropped it off. Called me later to ask if I needed power plug and video cables. So things are looking pretty good.

If everything works as planned Geometry Wars 2 here I come!

I am a total next gen (PS3/XBox 360), and pre-next gen (PS2/XBox) neophyte. What is a good online resource for a new 360 user? I'm talking 360 For Dummies type material.

Black GameBoy - $2

Asked about video games at this sale brought out 3 PS2 games not worth mentioning at $5 and this Black GameBoy. Asking $3 offered $2 pointing out some corrosion with the battery ports.

Conker: Live And Reloaded (Disc Only In Blockbuster Case) - $3

This sale had a box with an Xbox with about 10 games. Top game had a piece of masking tape on it that said $3 per and $25 for all, not sure what it meant (as in everything or $25 for all of the games). As I looked at it a guy said that the xbox was $20 and I'm not sure if he meant for just the system or everything lol Wasen't a bad price but I just grabbed Conker and figured I'll have more chances to pick up a cheap backup Xbox in the future. I though it was kind of funny that I brought the game up to the one younger guy to pay (in his 20s) and he didn't know how much the games were to which I showed him $3. He said ok then said he didn't put that on it as if he was cool with selling me the game for $3 since that's how it was marked but Thought it was to low and didn't want to sell them for that afterwards as he peeled off the piece of tape that was on the top game.

Silver Brick DS With Charger - $15
Platinum GameBoy Advance SP With Box And Charger - $15
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 (With Box And Manual) - $7
Mario Vs Donkey Kong Cart (GBA) - $5

Nintendo DS Game
Diddy Kong Racing DS (Complete) - $10
WarioWare Touched! (Complete) - $10
Yoshi's Island DS (Missing Manual) - $10

GameCube Games
Mario Gold Toadstool Tour (Missing Manual) - $5
Mario Kart Double Dash!! (Missing Manual) - $5
Mario Party 4 (Missing Manual) - $5
Mario Party 5 (Disc Only) - $5
Mario Party 6 (Missing Manual) - $5
Mario Party 7 (Complete) - $5
Mario Power Tennis (Missing Manual) - $7
Super Mario Strikers (Missing Manual) - $5
Sonic Adventure DX Director's Cut (Complete) - $5

First sale I went to in the next town over as it advertised "Lots of Video Games" everything was IAP so I listed the prices seperately again. I got to this sale about 15 minutes before starting time and remembered buying a few 7800 games from this guy about 2 years ago late in the day (about 12-1). Mostly last gen stuff with mostly GameCube games (I'd guess about 40-50 GameCube games total). They also had a bunch of other stuff including a PS1 with some games, Genesis with some games. Some PS2, Xbox, GBA, DS games along with some other misc video game stuff, even had another GBA SP system at $15. Prices were firm and while they weren't mega yardsale low still good to very good for 1st party Nintendo games. Seeing Mario Tennis for more was kind of strange as if the guy knew it was worth more but still sold it rather cheap.

Spent a ton for a yardsale but this is actually the first time I've ever seen anything 1st party for the GameCube in the wild besides a lone copy of Mario Superstar Baseball ($20) last year at the more expensive flea market I only go to a few times a year. I can't even remember if I've ever seen any first party GameCube games at the one pawn shop nearby over the last few years but it wouldn't matter as far as getting cheap as they use eBay/GameStop to figure out prices for games and sell on eBay if they get something worth an insane amount compared to most games on a system, Final Fantasy VII being an easy example as I saw them eBaying that about a week or two ago.

Non Find BS

Last sale I went to started at about 9 and I got to it right around 9 probably shortly after. This was also the sale I got the Black GameBoy at. An old lady on the other side of the picnic table I'm walking by and looking at reaches across to my side real quick and grabs a small item right by me that I didn't really take notice to that was on top of a book. I noticed this and it looked like a GBA game in a generic case, which it was. I go up to ask about video games after looking around and she went up to pay right before me. This sale had two ladies running it a middle aged lady and an old lady. The old lady was at the pay table and the lady with the GameBoy game showed it to her and was told something like oh I don't know how about .50 as she had no idea what it was. I was thinking it was probably just some garbage game but then saw that the game I missed was Donkey Kong Country 3 that I just got beat to by an old lady. I jokenly said something to her about how she was quick and beat me to it when I missed it to which she mentioned that I just beat her to video games at the sale earlier and asked me how much I paid for the Nintendo DS then mentioned that she always seems to miss the video games and picks them up for her grandchildren and made it sound as if they may even ask her to get GameBoy (or just games for any system they have) if she sees them while out yardsaling. She even mentioned how she ended up picking up the other GameBoy Advance SP at the first sale probably as an extra for another younger family member. The funny part about this is how I missed this and this old lady that knows nothing about video games (except maybe Mario games good) grabbed it probably just buying any old game that's cheap if they have the system, I'm sure if it was some shovelware game this lady would have grabbed it just as quick and been just as happy to pay .50 for it.

I will now have to be a little more careful when looking though yardsales and watch out for Quick Draw McGranny if I see her :D The guy that beat me to an N64 bundle about a month ago kind of looks like Hulk Hogan (blonde hair, Bandana on head & handlebar mustashe). So now I'm thinking my main competition for video games at yardsales is Quick Draw McGranny & a Hulk Hogan look a like :D

It's funny thinking back to 10+ years ago when I went to a church sale and got a 2600 with 30 some games for $15 late, in the afternoon maybe late in the morning as if it was just waiting for me or someone like me (the video game guy) and now I'm always thinking that I have to worry about beating some old lady early in the morning that very well could be grabbing any cheap video games along with her longaberger baskets lol

[quote name='darkslime']50-60 pound cat! Holy shit!

Only 4 sales within biking distance today. 2 had games. One was extremely overpriced on PS2 and XBOX games, and the other had PSX and DC boxes, but no games, and the lady didn't speak english so I couldn't ask for the boxes.[/QUOTE]

This cat was larger than the cats you see on Animal Planet that are pulled from houses where a cat hoarder lives. Members of my family have owned cats but the largest I have seen one get is like 20lbs, and still thats a huge cat. But this one was much, much much larger. You could also see the filth on the bottom of it, obviously from laying in this person's driveway. If I had a camera I would have taken a picture, but then they probably would have thought I was the animal cruelty investigator.. lol. There were no people around this house either, weird. There was stuff in the back but again, its not worth possible mutilation to get to it.

[quote name='willc23']Did another pass while I was out getting the 360 tested and picked up Starcraft Battle Chest for $2.[/quote]

Thats an awesome deal. I cant tell you how many hours I have put into that game playing with friends. I probably spent 2+ hours everyday for the last summer playing that game.

Also most of the stuff I picked up today had lots of price tags on it. Is Goo Gone ok on Genesis games and Gameboy games?

[quote name='flow.of.soul']Thats an awesome deal. I cant tell you how many hours I have put into that game playing with friends. I probably spent 2+ hours everyday for the last summer playing that game.

Also most of the stuff I picked up today had lots of price tags on it. Is Goo Gone ok on Genesis games and Gameboy games?[/quote]

On the carts themselves it is, but obviously not the labels.

You can use it on some of the labels, just make sure its the shiny kind of label, goo gone will peel the sticker right off the label and it shouldn't soak through to the real label.. Don't put goo gone on any other kind of label.

[quote name='dtarasev']Not really, the guy just had it.

Boring, I know.[/quote]

Dude, you should get that Snowboard kids, It is pretty popular, you could probably get anice amount for it on Ebay if it is sealed, otherwise i'll pay $15 shipped to 46711

These all came from one yard sale, the guy had just tables full of shit, most of it was marked 5 bucks each but he was more than willing to haggle if I bought a lot. Well, I bought it all, and everything was 1.00-2.50 each, and 95% of it is still sealed. A good portion of it just came out within the last week, month, 2 months, etc. Hell, "Fashion Solitaire", actually doesn't come out until next Tuesday!

For the large version go here.

Most of it you can see what it is in the large version. The ones that are hard to make out are the thin cases on the left side, those are outer-boxless "The Adventures Of Super Mario Bros. 3 Complete Series" sets, the green cases on the left are new Xbox 360 cases, and the loose discs on the bottom are just that, loose random discs missing from seasons.

Everything cost me 206.00, the guy gave me his phone number and told me to call him Wednesday, that he gets this in all the time and I can have first pick. I'll more than likely just wipe him out again, he even said he gets 360 and PS3 games and the sort in.

All I'm saying is, I'm not asking questions, he claims he buys them in "salvage pallets", which you and I both know isn't true. That's all the info I want to have.

^

ROFLMAO

I really wouldn't buy the sealed stuff, only because it probably was stolen last week and the cops are probably looking for it/him.

Interesting mix of Games and TV shows. Are all the Home Movies Sets duplicates? If they aren't, that's a pretty good deal, b/c you got the entire series for $8, which retails for about $100. What are the things under the Home Movie Sets? I can't tell at all!

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']^

ROFLMAO

I really wouldn't buy the sealed stuff, only because it probably was stolen last week and the cops are probably looking for it/him.

Interesting mix of Games and TV shows. Are all the Home Movies Sets duplicates? If they aren't, that's a pretty good deal, b/c you got the entire series for $8, which retails for about $100. What are the things under the Home Movie Sets? I can't tell at all![/QUOTE]

Sealed stuff is completely untraceable, so it's nothing that I'm worried about. There are 3 Season 4 and one Season 2 of the Home Movies. The things under the movie sets are the Super Mario 3 Series sets I mentioned.

Odds are the guy works for a factory that packages this stuff, and he's either shifting some out the back door, or maybe it's the stuff that has little dings on it that they can't ship out, I really have no idea and I really don't care. As long as he's got shit I'll buy it! lmao.

I did notice almost all the TV shows are Shout Factory shows, which makes me believe he works for a factory that packages this stuff.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Sealed stuff is completely untraceable, so it's nothing that I'm worried about. There are 3 Season 4 and one Season 2 of the Home Movies. The things under the movie sets are the Super Mario 3 Series sets I mentioned.

Odds are the guy works for a factory that packages this stuff, and he's either shifting some out the back door, or maybe it's the stuff that has little dings on it that they can't ship out, I really have no idea and I really don't care. As long as he's got shit I'll buy it! lmao.

I did notice almost all the TV shows are Shout Factory shows, which makes me believe he works for a factory that packages this stuff.[/quote]

Ah, my bad.

That actually makes sense. You should try and leep getting stuff from that guy if he does indeed work at Shout Factory. They've become known for releasing well known TV shows that studios won't release. This includes Freaks and Geeks and My So Called Life. They also release a lot of DIC properties and animation. I think they're releasing the new Ghostbusters Aniamted Series Set too

Status update on the 360. The local game store where I dropped it off said they had it fixed. Went to pick it up and it was hooked up to a monitor in the store. Looked like it was working. Turned out it was a bad drive.

It was a little odd, though. When I took it in to be tested the guy said that it would be no problem to fix. So, I thought he would probably just grease it up or tap on it with his magic wand and get it to work. The way he was speaking about it was that he was going to do it for free, so I didn't ask how much he charged. So, when I go in to pick it up, he said that he had replaced the drive and that it was going to be $40. Not a big deal because if that was what the problem was, then it would need to be replaced anyway. However, usually when I drop something off to be repaired (i.e., car) if there is something else that needs to be done, the person making the repair calls to see if I want it done. In this case, I may have wanted to do the repair myself. Oh well, the shop was super nice about it and it wasn't too big of an expense. Just kind of put me in an odd position, especially if I just wanted to sell it for parts.

Now the fun begins. I would really like to have a fully operating system together for less than $100 total. I am out $40 for the disc drive. Now I need the power brick, the video cables (which I have a lead on from a CAGer), and a controller (wireless preferable). I think I can do it. Any leads on a cheap power brick? I'll keep an eye on the forums for a cheap controller. All suggestions welcome.

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']Ah, my bad.

That actually makes sense. You should try and leep getting stuff from that guy if he does indeed work at Shout Factory. They've become known for releasing well known TV shows that studios won't release. This includes Freaks and Geeks and My So Called Life. They also release a lot of DIC properties and animation. I think they're releasing the new Ghostbusters Aniamted Series Set too[/quote]

acutally ghostbusters is by time-life and you can only get it by ordering from them

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']Ah, my bad.

That actually makes sense. You should try and leep getting stuff from that guy if he does indeed work at Shout Factory. They've become known for releasing well known TV shows that studios won't release. This includes Freaks and Geeks and My So Called Life. They also release a lot of DIC properties and animation. I think they're releasing the new Ghostbusters Aniamted Series Set too[/QUOTE]

Yeah, My So Called Life is actually in the picture up there. ;)

I usually have practice during prime yardsale time, so when my dad goes to yardsales I ask him to look for video games, and ask for them.
He asked at one, and was told they just sold an n64 with some games for $10, but at another he got the following for $20. Not bad, I can sell a few, make some money, and still gain 2 games from it.

IMG_0776.jpg

[quote name='Samus']Does your dad CIF for you?[/quote]
Hehe, the funny thing is, yes.
I taught him the technique, which he uses for himself, too, but the guy running the sale was on his roof fixing something, so no CIFing was done.

Last week I wasn't able to find anything, but I made up for it this week;
Picture313.jpg

I found the N64 box for $.50 (I've been seeing them sold for $8-$20). Someone had already gotten there before me and bought all the games but said he didn't want the case. I found Street Fighter II:Alpha & Morrowind for $5 & got Kirby's Adventure & Snakes Revenge for $8

[quote name='Cmosfm']These all came from one yard sale, the guy had just tables full of shit, most of it was marked 5 bucks each but he was more than willing to haggle if I bought a lot. Well, I bought it all, and everything was 1.00-2.50 each, and 95% of it is still sealed. A good portion of it just came out within the last week, month, 2 months, etc. Hell, "Fashion Solitaire", actually doesn't come out until next Tuesday!

2790709547_a56365f6f4.jpg

For the large version go here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27444496@N05/2790709547/sizes/l/

Most of it you can see what it is in the large version. The ones that are hard to make out are the thin cases on the left side, those are outer-boxless "The Adventures Of Super Mario Bros. 3 Complete Series" sets, the green cases on the left are new Xbox 360 cases, and the loose discs on the bottom are just that, loose random discs missing from seasons.

Everything cost me 206.00, the guy gave me his phone number and told me to call him Wednesday, that he gets this in all the time and I can have first pick. I'll more than likely just wipe him out again, he even said he gets 360 and PS3 games and the sort in.

All I'm saying is, I'm not asking questions, he claims he buys them in "salvage pallets", which you and I both know isn't true. That's all the info I want to have.[/quote]

You so want to pass me one of those Zelda sets.

[quote name='crows in black']acutally ghostbusters is by time-life and you can only get it by ordering from them[/quote]

They still have to get packaged somewhere!!

Put up a listing on Craigslist for all the accessories I need on the 360 (power brick, video cables, controller) and got a response back pretty quickly. Person had everything and two controllers. Made an offer of $50, they countered with $75. Thinking pretty hard about picking it up and selling off the other controller to get it down to around $50 anyway. Good deal or not?

I think I will ask if they still have, ever had, the hard drive with the unit. If they will throw that it in for the $75 I believe I will jump on that.

My grandpa got these for me.

1x PS1 w controller
1x SNES controller
1x NES controller

Nintendo 64 games
Super Mario 64
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Super Smash Brothers

All for 7 dollars

He said we can come back to look at his PS1 games. He said he may have Final Fantasy 7 as I asked him what he had. All his stuff is cheap so i may be able to hook a good deal.

I haven't had a chance to post my stuff I found for a couple weeks so I'll go ahead now.

I pulled up to this sale on the way to work and saw no games. But then I asked the girl running the sale and said that she had some super nintendo games that were not played anymore. I looked through them and asked how much she wanted for each game and she told me $2. I CIF'ed $10 for all of them and ended up with:

Mega Man 7
BattleClash
Maximum Carnage
Super Scope 6
Fatal Fury 2
Prince of Persia 2
Killer instinct
Utopia

I didn't have Price of Persia 2 or Fatal Fury 2 but I figure Mega Man 7 would be flipped for the total cost of what I paid.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2778041156/

No real story here. This was advertised as a HUGE moving sale. I went and checked it out and it was. I found the electronics area and strated rifleing through the PS2 games. While most were racing, this one stood out.

Shadow of Destiny

It was marked $2 while all the other were marked at least 5. Little odd. I CIF'ed $1 for it and was on my way.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2777184519/

This was a pretty good find. Suprising the only almost game items from almost 30 sales I hit. It also was odd that this sale was literally about 200 yard from the house. I pulled up and started looking through small amount of stuff they had when I spotted a both with some N64 stuff in it. I pulled the box over and was told it was $10. I tried to get them down but I couldn't. I gave $10 and this is what I got:

2 completed N64 systems
2 gray controllers
1 red superpad
1 black controller
1 gold controller
1 PS1 controller
1 PS2 controller
Mario Kart 64
F-1 Race Pole Position
Wavrace 64
Crusin' Exotica

I figured that I can take hte sytems and trade them in for around $10 each at the game store I go to and sell MK64 and Waverace as I didn't have the other 2. Not bad after all...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2792459599/

Very little game stuff this week and met a game dealer which sucks
On to the finds

3 18" Sonic Plushs (Shadow and Knuckles)
1 Mega Man Figure
$2

And my one game find of the day was a pretty big one, I overpaid by my normal standards but I never find this much SNES stuff at once. I couldn't even bargain because there was a game dealer at the yard sale trying to snake out the games from me. Was well worth it to me though, there was 20 games I didnt have bringing my SNES total to 273 unique games. On to the list

SNES System with Hookups and 3 controllers
Final Fantasy II
DKC x2
DKC 2
Illusion of Gaia
Super Smash TV
Warlock
Brawl brothers
Earth Defense Force
Mario's Time machine
Power Moves
D-Force
Pac Man 2

Mario World x2
Lion King x2
Paperboy 2 x2
Zelda
Act Raiser
Home Alone
Batman Returns
Batman Forever
Power Rangers
F-Zero
Killer Instinct
Mortal Kombat
Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Super Street Fighter 2
Super Star Wars
Super ESB
Super Off Road
Chessmaster
Radical Psycho Racing
Sim City
Populous
Top Gear
The Terminator
T2 Judgement Day
Adv of Yogi bear
Tom & Jerry
Porky Pig Haunted x2
UN Squadron
Turtles IV
Tiny Toons
Rac Drivin'
Super R-Type
NBA Showdown
ABC Mon Night Fball
MLBPA Baseball
Roger Clemens Baseball
WWF Royal Rumble
Super Bases Loaded x2
Madden Football x2
Madden Football 1993
Tecmo Super Bowl
Tecmo Super Bowl 3

So system and 62 games
$50

Do you guys go to any sale or only goes to sales that advertise toys or something of that nature? Im just curious so that I can be prepared to plan my route accordingly for next weekend.

bread's done
Back