Official 2009 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='desert_gold_hound']OK I will keep it up. Your wish is my command.

I just looked up the price of PS1 games it looks like $10each so that's not bad.

Does anyone know what that rubber band thing is? (my guess is a bracelet)

Cant find price of EWJ 2 sealed any guess's?

Cant find price of DancePad anyone know? ($19.99 ebay but thats buy it now so I don't trust it EDIT: this is also new)

Would you all have given $1 for FF7 case? (it is the greatest hits one)[/QUOTE]

the picture shows the NON- greatest hits case, is that the wrong case?

[quote name='desert_gold_hound']Well I know I said I would wait to post at the end of the day, but I decided that I can always edit such as I did above. Today was not a great day but I am very happy with it. I got some stuff but most of all it was really fun. I met some nice folks and really enjoyed my morning sales.

Here is the items I did find (all at one Church sale).

1000E Modem for Atari computer (OK shape)
1 SunCom Tac5 controller (will work on Atari or computer ok shape)
1 Box and book for SynCalc software for Atari (no disks box in pore shape book in good shape)
1 Pole Position for Atari computer with box and book (book ok, game mint, box pore)
2 Sega genesis control pads with boxes (controllers in good shape, boxes pore w/ one missing flap)
1 Atari computer RF adapter
2 atari electrical boxs (don't know what for but I think one is for modem)
2 atari joysticks (both in ok maybe good will see when cleaned/tested)

They wonted $2 each for sega controllers
and $1 for the SynCal they accepted $3.

They quoted me 1.25 for the rest and I just paid

So it came to $4.25 for all.

I know I still have to post pictures of the above post, and I will post these at same time.[/QUOTE]

i have to say where are you coming from that people have yard sales and such in the middle of the week and day? around here they are only on the weekend and usually only for a few hours and are over by like 2.

the picture shows the NON- greatest hits case, is that the wrong case?
The picture you are looking at is the front only. The side does say greatest hits. I have included a pic to show what I am talking about.
GEDC0025.jpg

i have to say where are you coming from that people have yard sales and such in the middle of the week and day? around here they are only on the weekend and usually only for a few hours and are over by like 2.
They usually are over around 2pm or earlier. I only make the early ones during the week. We have the odd ball gs's here during the week and I hit all of them that I can. I will scan one of our GS adds and post later you will see there are not as many as you think. When I refer to the end of day I am sometimes hitting thrift stores. I always mark when it is a thrift store.

I am in Lake Havasu City AZ. One other thing to mention with this is our GS/Swap season is during the winter as its too hot during the summer.

EDIT: Not going to scan but will type in so here is list for this week with hours.

1. Thurs, Fri, 7am-4pm Sat 7am -2pm
2. Fri 7am-8pm
3. Fri, Sat 8am-5pm
4. Thurs, Fri, 7am - ?
5. Sat Only, 7am-noon
6. Sat Only, 7am-2pm
7. Thurs, Fri, Sat, 8am-1am
8. Fri, Sat 8am-?
9. Sat, Sun 8am-?
10. Fri, Sat 8am-3pm
11. Fri, Sat 8am-1pm
12. Tues, Wen, Thurs, Fri, Sat 9am - ?
13. Thurs, Fri, Sat 8am-2pm
14. Thurs, Fri, Sat 10am-3pm
15. Sat Only 7am-?
16. Friday Only 10am-3pm
17. Thurs, Fri 7am-?
18. Fri 11am-5pm Sat, Sun 8am-5pm
19. Fri, Sat 7:30am-2pm
20. Thurs, Fri 8am-?pm
21. Fri, Sat 8am-3pm
22. Fri, Sat 9am-3pm
23. Fri, Sat 8am-?
24. Sat,Sun 8am-?
25. Fri, Sat 7am-4pm
26. Fri, Sat 8am-2pm
27. Fri, Sat 8am-2pm

This is a small week and I only listed the advertised sales in the white sheet. We have a ton of unlisted sales. This week was week on the sales throughout the week. Last week we had 4 (if memory serves me well) that was listed for tues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah - I would go to the cover project and print out a black label back insert for that Green Label Greatest Hits insert, keep the old one but put it under the print out one.

[quote name='desert_gold_hound']stopped at a used furniture store today because I remembered they had some knickknacks in there before and asked about game systems. Well they showed me a box full of dirt with some games and systems mixed in. I instantly saw the dream cast I have been wanting. I asked how much he said $50 I actually laughed out loud and asked if that was with the dirt. I CIF $20 and he responded he could take it to a game store and get $50 and I told him they will require to test and that non of the buttons would push, and they would not take it. I told him I would save him from the EMBARRASSMENT and take it for $25 he countered $40 and I told him he could just let it sit and gain more dust. As I walked off he yelled $30 I hesitated but decided to take a risk.

Sorry for the following pictures. I hate it when others post a heaping pile but wonted to get this marked on the form.

GEDC0116.jpg

Ok I know the SNES looks bad and believe me it was worse but I was seeing if it will clean up and magic erasers with alcohol work wonders. So let me give you the list

SYSTEMS: all with hookups

Black Dream Cast
PS1
N64
SNES: It is dirty as heck but no yellowing

Controllers
2 NES
2 N64
2 Dreamcast

Misl
N64 Game boy transfer pack (it doesn't seem to play games don't know what is for)
Dream Cast memory card (It has play type buttons can this play games?)

Games

NES:
FF1 with booklet

N64: all tested working
Star Wars Racer Episode 1 (good shape)
Super Smash Bros. (Good shape)
Pokémon Stadium (Good shape)
NHL Blitz 2000 (Sticker on back and sticker residue on front)
Super Mario 64 (Good Shape)
WCW/nWo Revenge (Good Shape)
10800 Snowboarding (Ft. Label ripped with name written on rip)
Mayhem (Couple of small tears on ft. label)
Turok 3 (good shape black cart)
WWF Attitude (Good Shape)

GB: not tested yet
Street Fighter 2 (Label totally faded on top cant read Street)
Kirby's Block Ball (Good Shape)
Kirby's Dream Land (Label faded on top)
A blue cartridge w/o label and I believe it is pokey man

SNES: Not tested yet
WWF Royal Rumble (Label has some damage lots of sticker and cleaning to do on case)
Home Improvement (ft Label OK back label has sticker on it I think I can get off cart needs cleaning and sticker removing)
NHLPA Hockey (ft label has sticker goo and cart needs cleaning)
Super Wrestle Mania (Ft label damage cart needs clean)
Super Mario World (ft label damage and needs clean)

PC Games:
probowl 3d (case only)
Family fun pack (disk only)
Redneck Rampage (don't know what system but guessing PC it does not say)
Pajama Sam's Lost and found (Game only
Alien Arcade (Complete)
Tomb Raider 2 (Complete)

Dreamcast Games (Tested in new system working)
Ready to rumble boxing (CD Only)

EDIT: The ps2 game you see was just the case. Sports game not worth mentioning but figured I would

EDIT: I got all the game boy games working (took some cleaning), All but two of the SNES are working took major cleaning with alcohol and Magic Eraser (boy those work good on contacts). The other two I think will take some metal polish because they will work if I mess with reset button. Haven t tested disks out becouse they are vertualy worthless.[/quote]

I think I would have held my ground at $20. He probably would have come around. No video game store in the world would have paid $20 for that stuff in that condition. Heck, only about 1% of games stores still take vintage games to begin with and they give pennies per game and system.

Its a FF7 mish-mash. Looks like someone took the FF7 black label front and GH back label to make a complete case. Front should look like this -

I don't have a side image as of yet but like karkyco said just use coverproject and keep the old back image behind. And yeah a buck isn't bad for the case only. I picked one up for free GS last year and flipped it on ebay for $10.

I think I would have held my ground at $20. He probably would have come around. No video game store in the world would have paid $20 for that stuff in that condition. Heck, only about 1% of games stores still take vintage games to begin with and they give pennies per game and system.

No he wouldn't have came around. I know I could flip a couple on ebay and make my money back. I was also wanting a dream cast and am happy with purchase. Thanks for the advice though.

[quote name='desert_gold_hound']What are you all talking about? This is complete or am I missing something?[/quote]

Go to the cover project:

http://www.thecoverproject.net

http://www.thecoverproject.net/view.php?cover_id=8281

And go to the PS1 section and see if you can find the raw scan of the back cover/insert for Final Fantasy VII, but the black label (not greatest hits green label) version. Then, print it out and switch out the inserts.

Well the GS's I hit today were empty of game things other then one where I am waiting for a call back. I did buy one item non game related that I am putting on E-Bay tomorrow. I will get better pictures first though (If I can turn off my flash!).

Here is what I got

VideoNow Player (not picterd)
VideoNow FOP1 "The Fairly Odd Parents"
VideoNow FOP4 "The Fairly Odd Parents"
VideoNow NM4 3 disk "The Fairly Odd Parents", "Sponge Bob Squarepants", & "Jimmy Neutron"

GEDC0028.jpg

I didn't put the player in the picture because it has a part of the screen that is not working. I will use it as a test machine though because it works good enough to test out the disks.

I paid $8.00 for all.

I figure I will get anywhere from $10 - $20 for the lot (selling as a group). So I will make a little. The disks are not scratched. The cover looks bent but is not. I paid a little much for the lot but the lady thought her stuff was gold and she was donating every thing to a cancer group and I am a sucker for non profit group sales :bomb:(SOME ONE SLAP ME). Tomorrow I have a GS that is going too a local child that has cancer. I am sure I will over pay there also. One thing I like is that when a place says they are donating the city will run checks on them and make sure they donate the amount said.

Tiger Woods 06 (gcn) x2, Viewtiful Joe, Suzuki Superbikes, The Urbz (gcn), Tenchu Z (360), Eternal Sonata x2, - $22.72
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker, Eternal Sonata, Def Jam Icon (360) x2, Tenchu Z - $26.78
Zack and Wiki x2, Contra 4 - $21.54
Gamecube 1019 card, THPS and Ghost Recon for the Ngage - $10

finds020709.jpg

Nothing today but we had some rain and a lot of places had signs that they were closed. I did pick up a Hamilton Collection plate that I paid $1.50 that she wonted $3.50 for. I asked what the lowest she would take and I accepted. They have the plate on eBay for 29 but I doubt I will get this. I also purchased a set of curlers that my mom wont's if they don't sell. They are very very old I only paid $0.50 for I will check to see if mom gets or eBay gets. She is going with me from now on and work with me with my eBay as she looks for items that I wouldn't normal look for. Should be fun I love her so this will give us some time together.

[quote name='desert_gold_hound']Nothing today but we had some rain and a lot of places had signs that they were closed. I did pick up a Hamilton Collection plate that I paid $1.50 that she wonted $3.50 for. I asked what the lowest she would take and I accepted. They have the plate on eBay for 29 but I doubt I will get this. I also purchased a set of curlers that my mom wont's if they don't sell. They are very very old I only paid $0.50 for I will check to see if mom gets or eBay gets. She is going with me from now on and work with me with my eBay as she looks for items that I wouldn't normal look for. Should be fun I love her so this will give us some time together.[/QUOTE]

Oh thats cool! I garage sale with my dad every weekend! (well, when there are actually sales!)

That's lucky for you guys. My mom thinks garage saling is depressing and makes her feel poor, and hates all the crap I get from it and keep in the house.

[quote name='darkslime']That's lucky for you guys. My mom thinks garage saling is depressing and makes her feel poor, and hates all the crap I get from it and keep in the house.[/quote]

That's too bad. I think GS is the only thing my mom and I have in common. I rock climb, fish, hike, bike, off road and other hobbies but nothing she would do. So this is a real chance for us to get back into each others life. I work with her also. I quit my old job in California when she got cancer a couple of years ago so she wouldn't lose her business and will stay working for her tell she retires in 5 years. I am glad to be with her and will proudly admit I am a momma's boy. I have GF's come and go but mom has always been there.

[quote name='desert_gold_hound']I have GF's come and go but mom has always been there.[/QUOTE]

And she can do things that those GF's can't. ;)

Finally can contribute something again to the thread! Yay!

I hadn't been to the salvation army recently since usually there is not much there that I have even been interested in. However there were some thing today That I could not pass up. I first spotted a book on origami. I like origami books, so I picked it up. As I continued walking I noticed that all the electronic stuff was moved to the corner of the store. After going through that section I noticed at first, CDs or so I thought. I looked again and they were VCDs, some sealed some not with Chinese on them. I picked up a few of those and continued on. I then found an old promo tape for N64 and picked it up. I took all this to the counter to check out. While htere I noticed the first 5 seasons of Gilmore Girls on DVD. I asked how much they were and she said $10. And this was $10 for the entire set. So recap time:

Origami Book
N64 VHS
BBC Office 1st series part 1 and 2 (VCD)
BBC Office 2nd series part 1 (VCD)
BBC Black Adder Christmas Carol (VCD)
BBC The League of Gentlemen Series 1 part 1 and 2 (VCD)
Gilmore Girls Seasons 1-5 (DVD)

After all was said and done, all was $20.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/3263737212/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/3263739748/

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR It keeps logging me out.

Here is finds today.

th_GEDC0205.jpg

N64 Star Wars W/ Box (Box Good game Very good) $1

th_GEDC0197.jpg

Lord of the Rings Playing Cards Wanted $3 accepted $1 new

th_GEDC0214.jpg

Fantastic4 Widget (don't know why I got) $1
th_GEDC0209.jpg

And last find I purchased to use the case for my Genesis games as they fit in 8-trac holders. I just wonted the case I asked how much and she $0.10 each and I asked for total all together and she said $1 I accepted. I am not going to list the games for a 3rd time and have this thing log me out and have to type it all over angain (not spell checking eather). Here is a larger picture so you can see titles (well some of them)
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q316/desert_gold_hound/GS/GEDC0209.jpg?t=1234498254

I also went to one GS that had 3 N64 $60 each 2 PS1 $50 each 1 NES $20 and they were all dirty. He had a bunch of games (maybe 20) and said NES games $4 each, SNES $5 each, N64 $6 each. I asked how much for all games and he said rudly "WELL COUNT THEM UP AND ADD YOU CAN ADD RIGHT!" I called him an ass hole and told him I wouldn't give him one thin dime. He actualy threatened to kick my ass :bouncy: I got excited and said OK lets brawl. :boxing: He ran in the house and his wife asked me to leave before she called the cops. I left and everyone followed me and two of them said they had games they would sell me :) I gave my number to them.

[quote name='Animal7390']desert gold hound, you are a mad man.[/QUOTE]

no he isn't.

he just doesn't take the BS that people give him... neither would I!

i was going more on the fact that this guy single handedly could keep this thread alive. i live where outside sales only exist about 6 months of the year and they all suck and very few are around and more so they all are usually overpriced.

When I see high prices I just walk away, and make sure I don't buy anything at that sale. There will always be another sale on another day.

I'm only 5'9" 135lbs and cant fight for crap but I will make sure they know I was there win or lose.

Oh but you were talking keeping it alive......Well here is the find for today...Unless I get more, I will have to post picture later today or on Monday as I am going rock climbing tomorrow and staying the night on a ledge.

Posting as I pull out of bag's so not in any order

SEGA CD's (All complete unless noted)

1. Lethal Enforcers 2 Gun Fighters
  2. AH3 Thunder Strike
  3. Jurassic Park
  4. Dungeon Explorer
  5. Ecco The Dolphin
  6. Midnight Raiders
  7. Racing Aces
  8. Eternal Champions
  9. Ground Zero
  10. Joe Montana's NFL Football
  11. Flash Back the Quest for Identity
  12. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
  13. Stellar-Fire
  14. Double Switch
  15. Tomcat Alley (with 2 books)
  16. Microcosm
  17. Road Rash
  18. The Software Tool Works Star Wars Chess
  19. Rise of the Dragon
  20. Surgical Strike (no book)
  21. Fahrenheit (no cover both discs)
  22. Cobra Command (disc only)
  23. Dracula (case and book only)
Genesis (with Box will say if no book)

1. Super Battleship (no book)
  2. The Incredible Hulk (no book)
  3. X-Men
  4. Sonic Spinball (no book)
  5. Clue (no book)
  6. Mercs (no book)
  7. Ms. Pac-Man
  8. T2
  9. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Tournament Fighters
  10. Alian 3
  11. Red Zone (no book)
  12. Wolverine Adamantium Rage (no book)
  13. Street Fighter 2 (no book)
  14. Sonic The Hedgehog Not For Resale
  15. Zero Tolerance
  16. F-15 Strike Eagle 2
  17. F22 Interceptor Advanced Tactal Fighter
  18. Sonic The Hedgehog 2
  19. Menacer 6 game Cartridge
  20. Jeopardy
  21. Alien Storm
  22. Lotus 2
  23. Jurassic Park
  24. Wheel of Fortune
  25. Lion King (no book)
  26. Mortal Kombat 2
  27. Aladdin
  28. Demolition Man
  29. Caesars Palace
  30. Desert Strike
  31. Jungle Strike The Sequel to Desert Strike
Genesis Without Box/Manual

1. Urban Strike The Sequel to Jungle Strike
  2. Streets of Rage 2
  3. Lethal Enforcers
  4. Risk
She had all Genesis Marked $2 and all CD marked $4 after looking through the games I estimated around 50 (was a good guess) and was thinking of offering $30 but being that it was non profit and only had $50 I CIFed the $50 and she said $75 I told her all I had was $50 and she said she couldn't. So I decided for non profit I would pay $65 if she would take. She accepted with hesitation so I borrowed $15 from mom and paid. Not a greate deal but I don't feel I did too bad. Sad thing is I found I had another $50 on me in the car.

[quote name='desert_gold_hound']I'm only 5'9" 135lbs and cant fight for crap but I will make sure they know I was there win or lose.

Oh but you were talking keeping it alive......Well here is the find for today...Unless I get more, I will have to post picture later today or on Monday as I am going rock climbing tomorrow and staying the night on a ledge.

Posting as I pull out of bag's so not in any order

SEGA CD's (All complete unless noted)

1. Lethal Enforcers 2 Gun Fighters
  2. AH3 Thunder Strike
  3. Jurassic Park
  4. Dungeon Explorer
  5. Ecco The Dolphin
  6. Midnight Raiders
  7. Racing Aces
  8. Eternal Champions
  9. Ground Zero
  10. Joe Montana's NFL Football
  11. Flash Back the Quest for Identity
  12. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
  13. Stellar-Fire
  14. Double Switch
  15. Tomcat Alley (with 2 books)
  16. Microcosm
  17. Road Rash
  18. The Software Tool Works Star Wars Chess
  19. Rise of the Dragon
  20. Surgical Strike (no book)
  21. Fahrenheit (no cover both discs)
  22. Cobra Command (disc only)
  23. Dracula (case and book only)
Genesis (with Box will say if no book)

1. Super Battleship (no book)
  2. The Incredible Hulk (no book)
  3. X-Men
  4. Sonic Spinball (no book)
  5. Clue (no book)
  6. Mercs (no book)
  7. Ms. Pac-Man
  8. T2
  9. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Tournament Fighters
  10. Alian 3
  11. Red Zone (no book)
  12. Wolverine Adamantium Rage (no book)
  13. Street Fighter 2 (no book)
  14. Sonic The Hedgehog Not For Resale
  15. Zero Tolerance
  16. F-15 Strike Eagle 2
  17. F22 Interceptor Advanced Tactal Fighter
  18. Sonic The Hedgehog 2
  19. Menacer 6 game Cartridge
  20. Jeopardy
  21. Alien Storm
  22. Lotus 2
  23. Jurassic Park
  24. Wheel of Fortune
  25. Lion King (no book)
  26. Mortal Kombat 2
  27. Aladdin
  28. Demolition Man
  29. Caesars Palace
  30. Desert Strike
  31. Jungle Strike The Sequel to Desert Strike
Genesis Without Box/Manual

1. Urban Strike The Sequel to Jungle Strike
  2. Streets of Rage 2
  3. Lethal Enforcers
  4. Risk
She had all Genesis Marked $2 and all CD marked $4 after looking through the games I estimated around 50 (was a good guess) and was thinking of offering $30 but being that it was non profit and only had $50 I CIFed the $50 and she said $75 I told her all I had was $50 and she said she couldn't. So I decided for non profit I would pay $65 if she would take. She accepted with hesitation so I borrowed $15 from mom and paid. Not a greate deal but I don't feel I did too bad. Sad thing is I found I had another $50 on me in the car.[/QUOTE]

How are you finding all these yard sales? It's like every other day you post finds. I'm guessing you're probably in Florida or California.

Lake Havasu City, Arizona.

Our season is different then the rest of the country. We have very few sales during the summer months because its way too hot. So everyone has them during the winter when its not blistering out.

Would you have paid this amount some CD were a little scratched but most were good shape. I think I got a good deal but wont to see if you all agree as I don't know what sega games are going for.

[quote name='Josef']How are you finding all these yard sales? It's like every other day you post finds. I'm guessing you're probably in Florida or California.[/quote]

LOL, yeah, for Desert_Gold_Hound it's bizarro-yard sale season. Since the summers in the desert of Arizona/New Mex get so insanely hot, they do their sales in the other seasons, and not on the weekends as he explained before.

Here in LA, we had those weekends in January with unbelievable 80 degree weather, so we had tons of sales then. Now it's been nothing but rain on the last few weeknds, so hopefully later this month and into spring we will have a ton again.

Ok I took quick pictures. I also forgot to mention one item. Its one of those game systems that has all games preloaded, controller built in and just plugs into the TV. Wanted $6 I CIF'ed $1 and they took

th_GEDC0221.jpg

GENESIS

GEDC0218.jpg

CD

GEDC0220.jpg

Quick Question for you all.

Where do you all keep your games/Systems I am running out of room? I might have to build a storage shed just for games.

Not a yard sale find, but I didn't really want to make a new thread for it

My wife got me Mike Tyson's Punch Out and fuck (SNES) for Valentine's Day, MTPO because it's awesome, and fuck because she knew it would be funny

desert_gold_hound, that's weird that you get so many sales. I live in Tucson, AZ, which is about the same weather, and never find as good stuff as you. D: Most likely because the people from mexico pick it over first though.

Anyways, today I found a complete Lego Star Wars 2 PS2 for $1, and a stamps.com postal scale for $5.

Desert gold you should be able to sell some of those sega cd games to cover your costs Im not certain of the value on the Genesis ones
Fahrenheit and Dracula have some value in them

Posting this here even if it doesn't really fit as it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else and starting a thread for free stuff probably wouldn't work since it wouldn't get too many posts with finds in it. I didn't think it was really special enough to warrent it's own thread either.

NES System
First Party NES Controllers x2
1st Party AC Adaptor
1st Party RF Adaptor
Plastic Case That Holds 10 NES Games

Games

Baseball Stars
Blades of Steel
Caesars Palace
Golf
Magic Johnson's Fast Break
Othello
Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt x2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
(7 of these games have a dust sleeve with them)

Free

This was given to me by the same guy that gave me a broken SNES with a few games many months back. Almost mildly interesting fact, this is my second copy of Othello and my first copy was given to me with the only other used NES ever given to me which was back around the mid 90s.

FLEA MARKET FINDS

There wasn't much there but i went with a friend and was kind of stoned still am so it was fun.

saga frontier 2
monster rancher 2
adventures of lomax
$10 for all
there all disc only and pretty scratched bt work i'll get them resurface tomorrow.

power stone
$5
is complete kinda scratched but i need game to bundle with a dc system.

NES advantage
$1

genesis arcade power stick
$2
don't know why i boght this but whatever.

Used DC complete 1 controller, VMU, and another memory card. 2 games Chef's Luv Shack and Sega GT

Wanted $10 CIFed him $7 he took it

Has my number if they find the other controller and other games.

Finally had an awesome haul! I found an ad on the local forms for a box of "Misc Electronics". I checked the add and read it and it seemed to have some game stuff. So I let them know I would buy it. I got the box home and I started rummaging through it only to find that I hit a nice gold mine. here is what was in the box:

35mm Minolta Camera 350-X /w accessories
2 small 35mm cameras
kodak easyshare camera C433 (Broken LCD Display)
Panasonic VHSC Camcorder
Durabrand DVD player
Mustek Portable DVD Player
Sony Rechargable Battery Charger
SanDisk Sensa Clip 2GB MP3 Player
Xbox 360 /w 20 GB HDD
2 Wireless controllers with battery and charge kit
2 xbox controllers
xbox dance mat
3 computer mice
2 webcams
HP Deskjet printer
HP All-in-one printer
pocket dictionary/organizer
Game Boy Color
Nintendo 64 with 2 sets of hookups
2 N64 controllers
South Park (N64)
Madden 64 (N64)
Diddy Kong Racing (N64)
Soldier of Fortune: Payback (Xbox 360)
MLB Slugfest Loaded (Xbox)
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 (PS)
Tekken 3 (PS)
Road Rash (PS)
IHRA Drag Racing (PS)
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX (PS)
Kurt Warner's Arena Football Unleashed (PS)

In case your wondering, the box was $75.

Upon getting it home. I have tested a few things already. The webcams and MP3 player work great. However the 360 has RROD. Ironically though, it is under warranty, so I called Microsoft and they are fixing it for free.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/3282558094/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/3281734607/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/3281732543/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/3281730499/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/3282547744/

[quote name='kube00']
Fahrenheit and Dracula have some value in them[/quote]

$10.00 and $5.00 respectively. Not too much value.

finds021509.jpg

Dreamcast w/ 2 controllers, Mega Memory Card, power cable, Hydro Thunder, Sega Rally and a...

dcbba.jpg

Dreamcast Broadband Adapter!!! Sweet!

$7 for that.

NFL2k1, NFL2k, You Don't Know Jack and Maximum Pool for $5

Persona 3 LE in a trade on GTZ

Donkey Kong in a trade on CAG

well I did get a couple of GS in on sat morning before I left for climb.

not posting pic will edit later.

Fishing game that hocks up to TV $0.50

Elvis collector LP's (5)
Sound of music LP
Sweet 16 LP
all lp's $1.oo

And last but not least a kid was having a GS and I was the first one there. Asked if he had any games for sale and he ran in and grabed a PS2 (don't remeber title) his dad said not to sell becouse it was his favorite game. So he ran back in and I was chatting with his dad. He said that his son will sell anything just to get that first sale in and how excited he was to have his OWN GS. So the kid returns with Dare Devil for PS2 and askes for $2.00. At this point I was going to buy what ever he had just to make his day. So I accepted the $2.00 and raised it $0.25 just to make his day. This kid got so exited he started running around telling his mother, sister and the few other GS's that started showing up "I MADE $2.25 I MADE $2.25!" Everyone started grabing something and purchasing it (I don't think they cared what it was they purchased). He was so cute running around collecting money from everyone. By the time I left he had half the stuff sold (for more then asking prices). I wish you all could have been there. This is the first time I have every given a tip at a GS but was well worth it. The game is complete and in very good shape.

[quote name='Macheezmo']
My wife got me Mike Tyson's Punch Out
cagus.smile.gif
...[/quote]
What would you like for that copy of punch out sir? :)

[quote name='Penguin1084']your soul.[/quote]

LOL. I have an extra cart only copy of Tyson's Punch Out, as well as an extra copy of non-Tyson Punch Out.

Not looking for money, trades only. If you've got NES, SNES, GB/GBC etc old games available for trade let me know and I'll take a look at your list...

Your average classic systems game on ebay will sell for about 6$ shipped, not including the rares so I think he did pretty good. Just counting the ones in the boxes it would add up to 324$ if he were to buy each game on ebay using the 6$ price point.

The Sega CD and boxes genesis games are especially nice as shipping is usually expensive on them because they have larger boxes so I always try to keep that in mind when purchasing stuff, if its something heavy to ship or a game in a larger than normal package then I usually purchase it if I have the system at home to play it on because finding it again later for less money will be a real pain.

[quote name='SaraAB']Your average classic systems game on ebay will sell for about 6$ shipped, not including the rares so I think he did pretty good. Just counting the ones in the boxes it would add up to 324$ if he were to buy each game on ebay using the 6$ price point.

The Sega CD and boxes genesis games are especially nice as shipping is usually expensive on them because they have larger boxes so I always try to keep that in mind when purchasing stuff, if its something heavy to ship or a game in a larger than normal package then I usually purchase it if I have the system at home to play it on because finding it again later for less money will be a real pain.[/quote]

Good point Thank you for making my day. I never looked at it quite like that.:applause:

well its cold as could be in Wisconsin right now. I am waiting til the end of april and early may.

I love hearing the stories guys keep up the good work.(There is nothing better then cash in facing)!

[quote name='desert_gold_hound']Good point Thank you for making my day. I never looked at it quite like that.:applause:[/QUOTE]

When you don't have any stores around you that sell older games, yard sales become your only source outside of ebay and online sources. Even if I did find a good shop around here with older games it would still be hard to beat the prices you can get at yard sales and they would probably charge more than the minimum price of 6$ per game. With shipping rates constantly going up it just makes sense to buy older games at yard sales especially if they are cheaper than 6$ each. For games that come in CD jewel cases this isn't as relevant. If you find crap PS1 games that are 3$ each at a yard sale you might want to leave them behind.

Theoretically you could buy games on ebay for 0.01 and 3.99 (or less) shipping but since a lot of sellers seem to easily circumvent the 4$ maximum shipping for video game auctions I chose 6$ as being the absolute minimum price that pretty much any game would sell for on ebay. This also doesn't take into account games that are worth more than the minimum price, which many are.

well its cold as could be in Wisconsin right now. I am waiting til the end of april and early may.

I love hearing the stories guys keep up the good work.(There is nothing better then cash in facing)!

So far nota thing worth bragging about. I did get 7 pyrex cups, 8 corelle saucers for $2.00 total. I also got some old bottles for $2.00 (value on ebay 10 total), An old toy electric race track $1.00 (value on ebay $20.00 with what was there). So I think I have some profit but not any games. I purchased a couple of other pyrex contaners but looks as if they are not worth listing (will use here). I will check a couple of sales out tomorrow. Its kinda strange we have more and more sales each week but it seems they are getting worse and worse as far as what they have.

I sold a couple of things from a couple of weeks ago. The electric hair steam currler I paid $0.50 sold for $30.99 and the VideoNow I sold them all for around $5.23 profit. So I think that week was ok.

OK I guess today was worth camera...Or maybe I just am not as lazy as yesterday.

GEDC0326.jpg

Asked for any game stuff and he disappered into house for around 5min. Came out with this and asked for $5.00 I offered $4.00 and he said no. I accepted $5.00 and he said he had more worthless game stuff and asked for my number. I gladly accepted and said I might be interested in his worthless stuff if the price is right.

All the games are in better condition then they look accept the one with realy torn lable. I think the deck will clean up nicely also. I have not tested anything but hey its NES I rairly have truble fixing. I also recived a very dirty power adapter but its not for NES and I didn't picture it. (EDIT: Just glad he didn't know I was thinking $15.00 tops as I thought skate or die 2 was worth more then it is.)

So here is list

Top Gun (No damage just dirty)
Kung Fu (A very little damage on top of lable)
SMB 3 (small pealing on top edge)
Popeye (No damage just dirty)
SMB/DH (No damage just dirty)
Spy Vs Spy (Some lable damage)
Skate or Die 2 (no damage just dirty)
Arkanoid (very pore shape)
Controller Deck
RF
2 controllers

th_GEDC0330.jpg
th_GEDC0331.jpg

2 wrestling autographed placks. I think its actual autograph and not computer will check out later. Got both for $2.00 not sure if these will sell but I will try listing on eBay.

GEDC0336.jpg

Ok I purchaed this becouse it was new and still wraped. I will try listing but if it doesn't sell thats fine kids around here will love it. Paid $1

GEDC0329.jpg

This is the large print adition. I will try listing this. Paid $1.00 for hard back. I always look for large print hard backs as they can sometimes pay off but not usaly. If not I know a person who will give me what I paid pluss my listing fee's.

GEDC0338.jpg

Got all for $5.00 not bad I will scan them off to digital and list the books. Best of two worlds I have digital copy and make money. LOL

EDIT: I also forgot to mention I got a battery powered blender for $0.25 it works good. I didn't take a picture becouse I had the thing sitting in a bleach/water mix.

Not a bad day becouse we didn't have to drive all over town and we got done quickly. I think we only traveled about 14 miles and some of that was to the store to buy food. So we spent less then 1 gallon.

bread's done
Back