Official 2009 Yard Sale Thread

finds022109.jpg

DOA2 Hardcore, Tsugunai, Chronicles of Narnia, Spyro: A New Beginning and Sly Cooper 1 - $10
Soul Calibur, RE Code Veronica, Sega Rally 2, Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver, Expendable, Fighter's Destiny 2 - $18
Rocket Fish Wii/PS3/360 componet cables - $5
5 Uncle John's Bathroom readers - $2.50

Well, I had a fucking epic day at the swap meet. Have a feeling my competition is on vacation or something.
Pics will be tomorrow.

First, I went into this permanent store that I occasionally find good stuff at. He had some genesis games that were backwards in one of the display cases. I asked him if he could turn them around so I could see what they were and he did. I saw a complete sonic and knuckles and shining in the darkness. Though pretty good, I'll get these. Then, I look down at the display case, and guess what's there that was behind the genesis games? SATURN GAMES! So I ask if I can see those. He pulls them out, and guess what's behind them. ANOTHER STACK OF SATURN GAMES. I see some of the titles, and ask how much they are. He says $5 each. I say how about $2 each if I buy all the saturn games and a couple genesis. He says ok.

Well, here are the games I got. All are complete and near mint, all were two dollars each. Some have the foam thing and others don't.
js_bigsmile.gif

Three Dirty Dwarves
Tetris Plus
Blazing Dragons
Astal
Primal Rage (no manual)
Dragonheart Fire-Steel
ThunderStrike
Darius Gaiden
Panzer Dragoon Zwei disc only
Croc Disc only
and the last epic saturn thing:
Sealed ST key
js_bigsmile.gif

GENESIS
Shining In The Darkness box + game
sonic and knuckles complete

Next, I went to a place where everything was a dollar. They had bags of crappy CDs marked a dollar for all. I found one with a mint and complete star craft brood war in it and bought the bag for $1 total. It came with:
Star Craft Brood War
Christina Rosholt CD (no idea who this is)
Discovery Jazz Sampler
CD with various classical music songs
Travelin' Crossroads (no idea who this is)
Delta Blue Bluegrass Gospel Music (no idea who this is)
talk with me barbie computer game
algebra II program
PC Gamer demo disc
dinger CD (no idea who this is)
Printmaster gold classic (sealed)
national geo. animals and how they grow

If anyone wants stuff from here other than starcraft for the cost of shipping let me know, I have no idea what to do with them.

Next I see a console only N64. Pop it open and see there's an expansion pak inside, then ask how much he wants for it. says 5, I offer 3 and he takes it.
N64 console with expansion pak - $3

Next I go to one of the tool stores there and buy a cheap soldering iron and some solder so maybe I can fix some broken systems I have. No idea how to use it though. >_>
soldering iron and solder - $5

Now, the whole time I'm thinking I'll just buy a saturn on DP cuz I want to play the games. Figure I'll put a want ad in the forum when I get home. But, I go to a booth, and see just what I'm looking for: A sega saturn!
js_bigsmile.gif
Pretty weird.
It's console only and pretty beat up but for $5 I'll take the chance.
js_bigsmile.gif
Anyone know what kind of cords to use with this?
EDIT: I found out a dreamcast power cord works and the system turns on. Not sure what cord to use for the A/V though. I assume it will be pretty hard to find one that's actually made for saturn, so do you know what other types of cable would work?

And that's all my finds, pics will be tomorrow if you want.

[quote name='desert_gold_hound']http://www.estarland.com/product14510.html

Here is a link It looks as though its an AV out so you could try to get one localy. I am posting this link as informational only I am sure you can get much cheaper[/quote] Alright, thanks man.
Does anyone know if there are any generic cables or cables for other systems that work with it?

[quote name='darkslime']Alright, thanks man.
Does anyone know if there are any generic cables or cables for other systems that work with it?[/quote]

Like I said if you look at the cable its av standard cable just go to walmart and pick one up they are relativity standard. This is the same cable the Sega Genesis model 2 uses so if you have one you could use this.

Im sorry they are called S-Video I think.

[quote name='desert_gold_hound']Like I said if you look at the cable its av standard cable just go to walmart and pick one up they are relativity standard. This is the same cable the Sega Genesis model 2 uses so if you have one you could use this.

Im sorry they are called S-Video I think.[/quote] Oh, everyone is saying the saturn cable is different than a standard cable.

[quote name='desert_gold_hound']
th_GEDC0330.jpg
th_GEDC0331.jpg

2 wrestling autographed placks. I think its actual autograph and not computer will check out later. Got both for $2.00 not sure if these will sell but I will try listing on eBay.[/QUOTE]

Who is that on the left and what does it say? I can make out the one on the right (Raven - Quote The Raven Nevermore) but can't make out who's in the left picture.

Oh, everyone is saying the saturn cable is different than a standard cable.
It might be different but I don't think it would hurt to try. Unless someone knows better. If the conection fits and the wiring is different I am sure you could make a it work with a little bit of work.

Who is that on the left and what does it say? I can make out the one on the right (Raven - Quote The Raven Nevermore) but can't make out who's in the left picture.
Commissioner Slaughter: I cant make it all out myself but what I can make out is "? ? Be Good ? Thats ? ?" Question marks make up the words I cant read. Then it has his autograph.

[quote name='desert_gold_hound']It might be different but I don't think it would hurt to try. Unless someone knows better. If the conection fits and the wiring is different I am sure you could make a it work with a little bit of work.

Commissioner Slaughter: I cant make it all out myself but what I can make out is "? ? Be Good ? Thats ? ?" Question marks make up the words I cant read. Then it has his autograph.[/quote]

The last part is no doubt "That's an Order!". The first part is probably "You little shit, Be Good!" LOL!!!:bouncy:

ok I put it in my photo tent but still had to use the flash becouse my tent isn't big enough that I have here. But you might be able to read a couple of words I can not.

GEDC0339.jpg

EDIT: Ok cant make out first 2 words figured out the rest : Be good and thats an order as stated obove..

EDIT AGAIN: The specks isn't bad its just I havent cleaned the glass yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay it says "Attention < person's name > Be Good and that's an Order"

No idea what the person's name is...looks like Nike or Nude or something.

Thanks for the bigger picture desert_gold_hound. Surprising he's not calling them a maggot :D but I guess that would be too crude for a signing (even if it was from a heel).

I don't really know anything about values on signed stuff from wrestlers but I would bet they would only really net a few buck and shipping would probably be a killer if you were selling online since it looks to me like they are in some kind of frame.

[quote name='desert_gold_hound']any ideas on value... I have a big feeling I will make a little profit.[/quote]

LOL, as much as I grew up on the 80's and 80's wrestlers and love me the Sgt Slaughter, and as horrible as it is to say it, I say wait until he kicks the bucket before putting it up on eBay. Can't be too long, what with the way these guys croak from the lifestyle. He's already well over the average pro wrestler lifespan.

finds022209.jpg

Dreamcast w/ 2 controllers, hookups and 1 vmu - $10
Red N64 with power supply and Goldeneye - $20
Disney's Party - $5
Tomb Raider Last Revelation - $1
Skate or Die 2 Manual - $free

I paid a bit much for the N64 IMO, but I don't have a red console so I talked the guy down from $35. All I need now is the Gold and the Purple N64s and I'll have all of the colors! I have: Black, Orange, Blue, Green, Smoke, Pikachu and Red now.

The DC was simply a good deal and is gonna go on my tradelist, I have the DC from last week which will go up also, but I need an AV cable for that one.

Picked up Disney's Party and TBLR just because I didn't have them.

[quote name='Kuros']
finds022209.jpg

Dreamcast w/ 2 controllers, hookups and 1 vmu - $10
Red N64 with power supply and Goldeneye - $20
Disney's Party - $5
Tomb Raider Last Revelation - $1
Skate or Die 2 Manual - $free

I paid a bit much for the N64 IMO, but I don't have a red console so I talked the guy down from $35. All I need now is the Gold and the Purple N64s and I'll have all of the colors! I have: Black, Orange, Blue, Green, Smoke, Pikachu and Red now.

The DC was simply a good deal and is gonna go on my tradelist, I have the DC from last week which will go up also, but I need an AV cable for that one.

Picked up Disney's Party and TBLR just because I didn't have them.[/quote]

I would have paid that for the N64 becouse I don't have one. Nice SoD2 book looks to be in good shape.

LOL, as much as I grew up on the 80's and 80's wrestlers and love me the Sgt Slaughter, and as horrible as it is to say it, I say wait until he kicks the bucket before putting it up on eBay. Can't be too long, what with the way these guys croak from the lifestyle. He's already well over the average pro wrestler lifespan.
ROFLMFAO Yea that might not be a bad idea. I hate to profit off of someones death but hey its a natural thing....I might just do this.

[quote name='desert_gold_hound']ok I put it in my photo tent but still had to use the flash becouse my tent isn't big enough that I have here. But you might be able to read a couple of words I can not.

GEDC0339.jpg

EDIT: Ok cant make out first 2 words figured out the rest : Be good and thats an order as stated obove..

EDIT AGAIN: The specks isn't bad its just I havent cleaned the glass yet.[/quote]

I think it says

Attention, Nick, Be good and thats an order! Sgt. Slaughter

Attention - Im not sure if thats what it is but thats the only one i don't know.

OK today only had one yard sale and it was basicaly a junk yard. I did find 2 64/GC video hock ups that connect to cable type connections I got both for $1.00 but they allowed me to test on one of there systems so I bit. I stoped at a hock shop they had games but only seemed to have sports games and wanted Genesis $4 N64 $6 PS2 $8 I didn't bother checking the others as like I said they only had sports games but I will be watching this place. I did buy a couple of things for eBay one is a Clairol Style Setter for $2 and a Connoisseuirs La Sonic Plus Profetional jewlery cleaner for $0.50. I should be able to make around $13+ profit from these. So not a bad day just didn't get any games for my collection SNIFF SNIFF and I am out of money for the month but going to get some out of PayPal if I find anything good.

EDIT: WHAT AM I THINKING I did pick up a game from St. Viny's it was a plug and play marvil comics game for $2.00 will see if it sells if not I will add to my collection.

finds022509.jpg

Finally found myself a Chrono Trigger outside of Ebay. I've been trying to get a good deal on this game for 4 years now.

$20 was a good deal IMO.

[quote name='Kuros']
finds022509.jpg

Finally found myself a Chrono Trigger outside of Ebay. I've been trying to get a good deal on this game for 4 years now.

$20 was a good deal IMO.[/quote]

Hell yeah, that's a good deal. I don't care if the price has come down a bit, what with the latest re-release for DS and whatnot. I'll always buy them if I see them, if they're $25 and under and in good condition.

Outside of the copy I bought back in the day (and still have, complete), I've found a few, one I paid $5 for (cart only, paid the asking price), another I paid $10 for (cart only, talked down from $25), and another one that came in a bundle I picked up, also cart only, worked out to about $3 or $4 a game, if I remember correctly.

I don't believe I've ever come across a copy of Chrono Trigger, and I've bought and sold a few hundred SNES games since I bought the system new at launch. I've probably owned 20 copies of Zelda, Mario All-Stars, DK Country, etc. though. Find those all the time in the $1 range.

I've found one copy of Chrono Trigger at a local store for $30 with the manual. That went to my personal collection.
Other than that never seen one in the wild. D:

I would love to find Chrono Trigger at a garage sale, but I almost never see snes games at garage sales in my area. I think I have a lot of competition in my area.

[quote name='desert_gold_hound']I just picked one up still sealed in a box for $1.00 the other day while I was dreaming. Sometimes I hate waking up and facing reality.[/quote]

LOL!

don't worry, I've been having that same dream :p

I'm dying to find a nice copy of chrono trigger for SNES.

I finally played it on the DS re-release and am absolutely in love with it!

When I go through a day of garage saling and thrift checking etc I will sometimes have dreams about finding rare games in the wild, then wake up before I can get them. >_>

You guys would love the video game store near me, I've found two mint in box copies of Chrono Trigger there over the last year. One of them still had the shrink wrap on it (not sealed, but the shrink was around the box).

I only paid $35.99 a piece and sold them both on eBay for quite a bit.

[quote name='Doomstink']You guys would love the video game store near me, I've found two mint in box copies of Chrono Trigger there over the last year. One of them still had the shrink wrap on it (not sealed, but the shrink was around the box).

I only paid $35.99 a piece and sold them both on eBay for quite a bit.[/quote]

lucky you.

the only video game store like that around here sells ff7 on ps1 (GH) for $79.99..

you can take a guess at the other prices..

[quote name='darkslime']When I go through a day of garage saling and thrift checking etc I will sometimes have dreams about finding rare games in the wild, then wake up before I can get them. >_>[/quote]

Oh man, i can't tell you how many dreams like that I've had...about finding enormous stockpiles of mint and still in original packaging/factory sealed games, toys, old super valuable comics, etc.

Sometimes I dream that I find it in my parents' attic, basement, garage etc. and that I had either forgotten about them, or were Christmas gifts that were forgotten etc. Sometimes it's at a new store I go to that has them just sitting on shelves.

Hell, sometimes I actually buy them all up, then wake up only to find it was only a dream. :cry::cry::cry:

Heh. I remember towards the end of the NES life cycle, around the time I graduated high school in the 90s, the video store I worked at clearanced out all the old NES games for like $5 each, regardless of the game. I wasn't a collector, so I didn't buy any. They were much cheaper at garage sales at the time if I wanted them. Then we got a shipment of brand new/sealed NES games for $9.95 each. This was around the time the N64 came out and no one wanted NES anything. I decided at this point that I would buy a couple games and keep them back sealed, thinking they may be worth something some day. I grabbed Zelda II gold cart and Gauntlet as brand new/sealed. I hung onto them for a couple years before getting bored and putting them in a garage sale, and I sold them for what I paid. When I think back to all of the games I could have had brand new/factory sealed at that time for $9.95 (probably 50 different titles including some fairly obscure ones that came out towards the end of the NES life cycle), it makes me sad.

Yea I know what that's like. I remember early on when I had a few sealed bags of dirt...God made me dump it out so I did. Then he made me release all them cute little animals.....Man If I had only kept some of the Atari games I would have been happy but then again I wish I had got some Microsoft stock while I was at it.

My point is that we ALL FEAL THIS WAY. I am glad you brought it up though its just a slap in our faces just as much as yours. One of the games I remember in the NES that were dirt cheap was mighty bomb jack. I purchased 20 copy's just because it was that cheap. I later used them as clay pigeons, and targets.

EDIT: My finds today not good but not bad only hit 5 sales.

an old midland handheld Model NO: 75-764B handheld radio for $2.00 (used to have one long ago as a kid)

MagniLight for Gameboy still in box and complete
ProTech Pro200 computer game & entertainment center 256games + calculator
both for $1.50

AD&D Monstrous Manual 2140
AD&D High-Level Companions 2156
AD&D Forgotten Realms 9562
AD&D Dungeon Master Guide 2160
all for $4.00 they wanted $6.00 (will sell on eBay)

Last year i found Chrono Trigger at a garage sale. it was in a bin of games marked 5 a piece. i managed to pick up breath of fire 1, EVO, Final Fantasy II, and Mega Man 1 with chrono trigger all for 15 out the door. that was a good day.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NINTENDO-64-VIDEO-GAME-SUPER-MARIO-DUCK-HUNT-TRACK-MEET_W0QQitemZ170295106327QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Vintage_Video_Games?hash=item170295106327&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

That is the most interesting looking N64 game I have ever seen. They have it looking like a regular NES game....................WAIT IT IS A NES GAME.

EDIT: just in case they close auction or edit it I thought I would snag a picture.

funnyauction.jpg

EDIT #2: Here is his return policy for this item
RETURNS ARE ONLY ACCEPTED FOR BLATANT MISREPRESTENED ITEMS ONLY! NO ACCEPTIONS!!! I DO MY VERY BEST TO DESCRIBE AND POST PICTURES OF MY ITEMS TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY. I ALWAYS WELCOME & ENCOURAGE ANY/ALL QUESTIONS BEFORE BIDDING. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT BY BIDDING, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS/CONTENTS OF THIS POSTING! THANX AND HAPPY BIDDING :)

I would say this is a blatant misreprestened item, wouldn't you?

This isn't very much, but I got Blades of Steel, Yoshi's Cookie, Play Action Football, Yoshi (all original GB versions, game only with a plastic case) and a Game Boy battery cover for $2. The games were 50 cents each, and the battery cover was free.

I didnt' see jack today I hit about 4 Garage sales, gave up and went to Hastings where I scored season 2 of JLA Unlimited for $15

Well I quickly took picture of yesterdays.
GEDC0407.jpg

And here is todays

GEDC0409.jpg

2 Disney games (one works the other flickers with cord movement)
1 Starwars game
1 supperman game (forgot to put in picture its sound flickers with cord movement)
1 Sega Genesis Game (this thing rocks I love it works A++)
1 Batman ViewMaster/4x12 kids benoculars (grr how ever spelled)
1 veiwmaster Discovery Channel Dynasors (this thing is 3D)

She wanted $2.00 per game I said $5 she countered $8 and I saw the veiwmaster (marked $4) so I countered $10 with veiwmaster. I got but when she started baging it she was a little upset.
GEDC0411.jpg

N64
Super Mario 64 (already own)
Turok Rage Wars
Turok Dinosaur Hunter (already own)
Tetrisphere
Hexen (got see if I own)
Banjo Kazooie

They had 2 N64's they wonted $20 for I almost bit on the green but decided not. I asked how much for games and she said $5.00 each. They had mostly sports so I dug out all the sports and offered $10 (when she was busy) she quickly looked up and said $12.00 I bit and when I paid she started complaining worse then the other sale. What is it with these gals they say/accept a price then start complaining:roll:. I have seen this a couple of times before and I cant help but smile on my way out. :DEven if I didn't get the best deals at least I didn't come home empty handed.

Games are just dirty they are in good shape exept Tetrisphere which has a tear on the rear lable

EDIT: this is strange I have cleaned lots of games and this time I over cleaned (just a little) the top of Banjo Kazooie, and the botome of mario64

It's the end of the month but I got a ton of stuff in the last couple of days:

finds022809001.jpg

Genesis (model 2) w/ 2 controllers, hookups and the following games: Super Street Fighter 2, Sonic Spinball, Tommy Lasorda Baseball, Sunday Night NFL, Streets of Rage 2, Sonic 2, Columns, Toughman Contest, Road Rash 2, 6 Pak and World Series Baseball - $10

Wall Street Kid and Poplous - $2

finds022809003.jpg

finds022809004.jpg

N64 w/ power adapter, expansion pak and 2 regular paks, 3 controllers, N64 transfer pak and the following games: MK Subzero Mythologies, Pokemon Stadium, Super Smash Bros., WCW vs NWO Revenge, NFL Blitz 2000, Clayfighter 63 1/3, Goldeneye, Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64 and Mario Party

Gamecube (old model with component out) w/ power adapter, 1 controller, 1 wavebird (missing adapter), 59 memory card and the following games: Super Smash Bros Melee (2 copies, 1 disc only), Godzilla Destroy All Monsters, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Zelda Wind Waker, Mario Party 4 and Animal Crossing

Game Gear with ac adapter and the following games: Sonic 2, Surf Ninjas, Robocop 3 and World Series Baseball

Battletoads, Mortal Kombat, Contra 3 and NHLPA Hockey

The above lot was $30

Xbox w/ hookups, 2 controllers, and 2 extra breakaway cables - $10

finds022809002.jpg

1 multi rf cable and 1 snes av cable - $2.50

2 Razer Copperhead mice and 1 Diamondback mouse - $3

Some Microsoft volume license software - $2

Brand new Coolmax power supply tester - $1

[quote name='kube00']Yea great prices on that xbox and nice score on the GC, did you have to haggle? We want details![/QUOTE]

Well, with the lot for $30, I went over and met up with the guy. Nice guy, looked to be about my age or a bit younger (I'm 24). He apologized because apparently he put in the ad that he had a SNES and NES with games, but his mom sold them already.

He then offered me the N64 and GCN stuff for $30, which is a good deal by itself, but I asked if he also had anything else. We scrounged up the Game Gear stuff, Battletoads and the SNES games.

I gave it a hard look and asked, "Well, $30 for everything?"

"Sure."

So I got everything for $30.

It was a good trip, I had my younger brother come with me, he's a decent navigator.

The also neat thing is that when I was there, I ran into a guy I used to work with at Gamestop, turns out he's a friend of the Craigslist seller.

As for the Genesis and Xbox, I didn't have to haggle on either. I tried on the Xbox, but he was firm, which is fine by me at that price.

^Nice finds Kuros, my goal today was actually to get an XBOX for under $20. Looks like you did that. :D

Went to the swap meet today and found a few things:
No camera here, but if anyone cares enough pics will be on Monday.

Fatal Frame II-Director's Cut (XBOX, complete)
Futurama (XBOX, game + box)
$8
These basically make my money back today.
js_bigsmile.gif

Mischief Makers (cart only)
$3

Platinum Gamecube controller
$1

Saturn controller (the one that looks like a black DC controller)
$3

NES with RF cord, SMB2, Tecmo Bowl, 3 baseball games, and a controller
$15
After buying this, I realized there was no power cord. These are basically impossible to sell without all the cords, and I don't have any extras, so I took it to the game dealer there and he bought it for $25. Meh, quick $10 profit.

And, off ebay:
Saturn A/V cable
$7 shipped

The saturn I got at the flea market last week works.
js_bigsmile.gif

After buying this, I realized there was no power cord. These are basically impossible to sell without all the cords
The trick is to just get a DC adapter and metion it in the auction. Also through in just one game that is not common and the price realy raises.

I am always on the look out when I see power adapters for NES ones.

[quote name='desert_gold_hound']The trick is to just get a DC adapter and metion it in the auction. Also through in just one game that is not common and the price realy raises.

I am always on the look out when I see power adapters for NES ones.[/quote] It's hard to find a DC adapter with the right voltage though.
I don't want the NES to short out or anything. >_>

Quote: My Self
ROFLMAO at this auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/NINTENDO-64-VIDEO-GAME-SUPER-MARIO-DUCK-HUNT-TRACK-MEET_W0QQitemZ170295106327QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Vi ntage_Video_Games?hash=item170295106327&_trksid=p3 286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A13 18

That is the most interesting looking N64 game I have ever seen. They have it looking like a regular NES game....................WAIT IT IS A NES GAME.

looks like he fixed his auction LOL glad I snaped a printscreen.

I just found a wireless gamecube (wavebird) controller I got for $1 last year. I don't remember if I reported it. I also picked up 4 plug n play type games at a thrift store for $1.50 for all 4: Batman, Star Wars, DBZ, and nikeloden sp? I also picked up Bomberman on NES with the sleeve for $2 at a thift shop.

I can't wait for the new season to start...

[quote name='desert_gold_hound']

And here is todays
GEDC0409.jpg

2 Disney games (one works the other flickers with cord movement)
1 Starwars game
1 supperman game (forgot to put in picture its sound flickers with cord movement)
1 Sega Genesis Game (this thing rocks I love it works A++)
1 Batman ViewMaster/4x12 kids benoculars (grr how ever spelled)
1 veiwmaster Discovery Channel Dynasors (this thing is 3D)

She wanted $2.00 per game I said $5 she countered $8 and I saw the veiwmaster (marked $4) so I countered $10 with veiwmaster. I got but when she started baging it she was a little upset.
[/quote]
Are those Disney games good? Are they ports of classic games? I saw one at the Flea Market that I was thinking about.

bread's done
Back