Official 2009 Yard Sale Thread

I'm not sure if this belongs in this thread, but here goes:

I Found Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy VIII and Resident Evil 3: Nemisis all for the PS1, all black label, and all mint condition at a pawn shop. The Final Fantasy VIII even came with a "mini-walkthrough." Interesting.

I paid $3 for each game. Good deal or no?

I also saw a Fatal Frame for the PS2 there, but I wasn't sure if that was a viable flip anymore. Can anyone enlighten me?

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']I'm not sure if this belongs in this thread, but here goes:

I Found Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy VIII and Resident Evil 3: Nemisis all for the PS1, all black label, and all mint condition at a pawn shop. The Final Fantasy VIII even came with a "mini-walkthrough." Interesting.

I paid $3 for each game. Good deal or no?

I also saw a Fatal Frame for the PS2 there, but I wasn't sure if that was a viable flip anymore. Can anyone enlighten me?[/quote]

I'd say that's a good deal. And find out how much that Fatal Frame is, it's definitely still worth some decent coin...

Got myself Unreal Tournament 2003 and Doom 3, both for PC for 4 bucks. Seem fun so far. no problems with cd key ban or anything.

i already own doom 3 for XBOX but it looks SOOO much better on PC, same with ES3: Morrowind

Picked up a fat ps2 with a bunch of ps2 and ps1 games for 100.

The stand outs were a complete Tomba and Tomba 2.

Intelligent Qube and Abe's Odyssey without manual.

Games were sadly scratched up a bit.

I already have a Tomba and Tomba 2 so I think I may add those two to my trade list to snag something rare or just ebay to pay for the purchase (along with the other crappy games).

Sorry I haven't posted much been sick and almost didn't go today at that.

DID GOOD TODAY...I THINK

all untested

SMB 3
Duck Tales
Jack Nicklaus (golf)
Mike Tyson's Punch Out (Ripped front label)
Cobra Triangle
Skate or Die

Asked price lady said oh $0.50 or a $1.00 each. Of course I said I would take the $0.50 price and paid up without question.

Next sale was my good one.

ODYSSEY 2 (SYSTEM With connections and controllers and book) pluss the following games complete unless noted.

• UFO
  • Hockey/Soccer
  • Speedway/Spin-Out/Crypto Logic
  • Pick Axe Pete
  • Pocket Billiards
  • Las Vegas BlackJack
  • Invaders from Hyperspace
  • War of Nerves
  • Pachinko
  • Alien Invaders-Plus
  • Out of this world/Helicopter Rescue
  • Alpine Skiing (cart only)
Asked $20 took CIF for $10 total for all

GEMINI Video Game System (with controllers and hookups and book) pluss following games.

• Spider Fighter (w/ book)
  • Sky Skipper
  • Donkey Kong
  • Sword Quest (w/ book)
  • Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back (w/book)
  • Space Invaders (w/book)
All for $5 didn't haggle

Oh and found Sega Lotus 2 box/book only in one of the boxes.

That seems pretty good man. Good luck selling the oddesey though. XD It's probably worth about 10 bucks, they're hard to get rid of.

Everything else is good though.

[quote name='darkslime']That seems pretty good man. Good luck selling the oddesey though. XD It's probably worth about 10 bucks, they're hard to get rid of.

Everything else is good though.[/quote]

Oddesey is for my collection not for sale the only things I will be selling out of this is a couple of the nes games and they will be sold with a system. Thanks for the warning though.

I was tempted by a set of these...

http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-W..._9?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1237654554&sr=8-9

For $3, everything included... but apparently the reviews aren't that great and I don't have a PS2 to test them.

I ended up getting a set of # shaped DVD shelves for $1 a piece. The second rummage sale I hit up was a typical old folks one. I did find two Aladdin coffee mugs with lids which my dad loves and the guy gave them to me for free.

What up kids-I got some okay stuff today. It's weird, I would say I got a pretty good deal on these items, but for some reason I feel like I always overpay...I feel like I could've offered less and gotten away with it. :)Ah well, here's what I got:

Slim PS2 all complete and in great shape (few minor scratches on top of system)
Dualshock controller
Red 1st party memory card
PS2 games:
Call of Duty 2 Big Red One
Spyro A New Beginning
Battlefield 2
Burnout Revenge
Tony Hawk's Underground
Audiovox 7" portable LCD DVD player (no AC adapter:cry:)
Liar Liar VHS tape
Witness VHS tape

All for $10:)

Bradygames Grand Theft Auto San Andreas guide-.25 cents-probably could have offer a penny and he would have taken it...oh well, it's only a quarter :lol:

if you feel you could have offered less for a slim ps2 when you paid (in actuality) about 75 cents for it, please let me know. that might be the most underrated deal we'll ever see. it generally seems like we look for/are only impressed with rare stuff on this thread. a ps2 for about a buck might win forever.

And it really does pay to ask for video game related material when at a yard sale if there are non present. The nice lady I bought the PS2 stuff from today thanked me for reminding her about it :D

I didn't get much yesterday, just a snes with controllers and cables for $5. I cleaned up and I think I'll sell it for a little extra cash. I got excited when I saw it, but the lady said it didn't have any games. I really like finding snes stuff, since I don't see much of it around. I would really like to find some more games for it.

I also saw someone at the flea with the PDA scanner. What is that, a price tracker? Saw someone do that with DVDs and they were pulling out certain ones (mostly animated disney) after scanning.

It's a good idea, I agree, but do you want to be the douchebag at the flea market with a fucking scanner? I hate to let people know that I resell so I try to keep it as lowkey as it is since it's so looked down upon.

Just picked a logitech driving force pro, these things are use in Gran Turismo 4 and 5.

Cost me $10, you don't know how much i was happy when i got this.

It missing power adapter, do any of you know, where to buy one?

[quote name='rickyff7']Just picked a logitech driving force pro, these things are use in Gran Turismo 4 and 5.

Cost me $10, you don't know how much i was happy when i got this.

It missing power adapter, do any of you know, where to buy one?[/quote]

If you can't find an official one.. it's possible to get a generic one at Radio Shack (used to work there). Find out the wattage and amps needed, go there, and see if any of the tips fit into the driving force pro

Went out real early this morning, emailed a guy in my town about his yard sale, claimed to have N64 stuff, and also SNES stuff he was trying to find in his house. Rolled up on the sale about 20 min ago, he has an N64 (with expansion pak), 12 games all with manuals, 2 controllers (one is yellow! I've never seen a yellow one out in the wild), 2 rumble paks, 2 transfer paks, 1 memory card, 1 tremor pak. The games are:
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Super Mario 64
Mischief Makers
Yoshi's Story
1080 Snowboarding
Star Wars Racer
Pokemon Stadium
Starfox 64
Forsaken
Gex 64
Goldeneye
Zelda Ocarina of Time

It's all in real good shape. No marker or stickers on anything.
Dude also had a lime green Gameboy color with the blue Pokemon cartridge. I didn't get it though, because he said $20 for everything, but I countered with a $10 in the face, he was hesitating and I said "well, I've got about $.75 cents in my pocket", showed it to him and he said "okay, everything except the Game Boy and game. We'll see if a little kid wants it or something." So I got everything except the Game Boy. So I got the whole N64 set for $10.70, I can't complain. He said he would email me if he found the Super Nintendo games, so hopefully if he does he still has the Game Boy too, it was mint, no scratches or anything! If I can get it for like a $1 I'll be happy. The one I have I bought like 10 years ago so it's scratched to shit. Hopefully ya'll have some good finds today.

[quote name='rickyff7']24 Volts
0.75 Amps
Center Pole Positive

Do you think they have that type of power adapter?[/quote]

Yeah. The real question is if they have an actual tip that will fit.. that's always the difficult part

Not really. Wal-Mart (or just about any other electronics store, even Kroger Foods) carry a universal power adapter tip kit that fits damn near everything for about $10. It's saved me a few times.

finds032209.jpg

From the past couple of weeks:

SNES w/hookups, 2 controllers and:

Mega Man 2, Ducktales for the NES
DKC 1, DKC 2, DKC 3, Yoshi's Island, Super Metroid, Super Mario World, Batman Forever, Ms. Pac Man, Scooby Doo and Spawn

$45

A good deal, but needs a lot of cleaning first.

FF9 (black label, sealed) - $8

Wario Land (vb) - $1

FF Tactics, Mario Tennis, RE 3 (gcn) and Ecco - $19

Yea but its not yellowed from the pictur and all that crap could be cleaned up I bet. So I would have gone for it.

I have one SNES I picked up along time ago that doesn't work and I don't feel like replacing the conector on it so I am just going to swap out guts and get me my ugly yellow one looking nice.

SWAP MEET FINDS

Fatal Frame (game + box XBOX)
Jet Set Radio Future (complete)
Indigo Prophecy (XBOX complete)
$10 total

Xenogears (mint and complete)
cost: JSRF + IP + $5
It was priced at $15 in one of the game dealers stands and I didn't really wanna pay 15 for any game at the swap meet, so the guy offered to do the two xbox games + $5 in trade for it. :D I kept fatal frame though.

Silent Hill 3 (complete PS2)
$5

Being that its still march in wisconsin and we are expected to get snow tomorrow all I have for garage sales is this thread.

I just like looking at the pictures and I am getting antsy for Friday mornings to come.

[quote name='omg itz adam']Being that its still march in wisconsin and we are expected to get snow tomorrow all I have for garage sales is this thread.

I just like looking at the pictures and I am getting antsy for Friday mornings to come.[/quote]

I will be hating it when your season starts because ours will be coming to an end. I would hate to only have the thread though and see what others are getting. I will keep it up though and will learn to start watching other avenues to try and find something. I am planning a trip to Oregon to do some GS'ing half way through our dead season just so I can remember what I am missing LOL

[quote name='Kuros']
finds032209.jpg

From the past couple of weeks:

SNES w/hookups, 2 controllers and:

Mega Man 2, Ducktales for the NES
DKC 1, DKC 2, DKC 3, Yoshi's Island, Super Metroid, Super Mario World, Batman Forever, Ms. Pac Man, Scooby Doo and Spawn

$45

A good deal, but needs a lot of cleaning first.

FF9 (black label, sealed) - $8

Wario Land (vb) - $1

FF Tactics, Mario Tennis, RE 3 (gcn) and Ecco - $19[/quote]

do you have a virtual boy too? I've been looking for one but refuse to pay ebay prices.

nice finds though!

[quote name='Penguin1084']do you have a virtual boy too? I've been looking for one but refuse to pay ebay prices.

nice finds though![/QUOTE]

Yep, I have a VB, however I have the game already, just picked it up for trade.

[quote name='Penguin1084']do you have a virtual boy too? I've been looking for one but refuse to pay ebay prices.

nice finds though![/quote]

If you do wind up getting a VB, make sure to get Galactic Pinball. Its an amazing game. I got it with my VB when they were on clearance at Toys R Us for $19.99 back in 1997 (I think), haven't regretted it since.

I just got back. It was pure luck, as I went to the one advertised one that was an indoor house sale. There was some decent furniture, but nothing of interest in the relations to gaming and electronics. Well, I shouldn't say that. There was a free 486 (I'm guessing... as it had a 1 or 2x CD-Rom) and Dot Matrix printer.

On my way back, I ran into my sister who was out and had found one that was unadvertised. We headed over and I got a decent haul.

2cohms5.jpg

GBA SP with AC Adaptor and Wireless Adaptor (no games) for $15. The front case is scratched up a good bit, but the screen's in pretty good shape.

All the games were $3.

SNES Games:
Harley's Humongous Adventure
Super Mario World (my sister bought it and gave it to me to hold on to as she doesn't have a system)
Jeopardy Sports (again, my sister bought it)

N64
Castlevania 64
Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness
Resident Evil 2

So I dropped a total of $27. I didn't bother haggling as she said it was her son's (and was priced differently than the rest) and he wasn't around.

My sister also got two PSOne 15 block memory cards still sealed (Pelican brand) for $5. Well, and she bought the GB Advance for me as I'm going to give my nephews the Gameboy Colors I have once I find what games I want to part with.

went out for the first time in the cincy area today, and all that i found was one sale with a bunch of crappy overpriced xbox games. oh well, it's not even april. good amounts of quality ohio/kentucky garage sales don't start til about may.

Went out this morning, but didn't get much. I got Emperor: Battle for Dune, bag of memory sticks, and a Black & Decker auto wrench for $4. Most of the memory is DDR1, which is good for any older machines sitting around.

Out of curiosity, how many of you guys have found great games on Saturdays from sales that have been happening since Friday?

Sometimes I see signs when I'm driving around on a Saturday for sales that are Fri + Sat and I usually just skip them because I assume all the good stuff would be gone.

[quote name='Derock']Out of curiosity, how many of you guys have found great games on Saturdays from sales that have been happening since Friday?

Sometimes I see signs when I'm driving around on a Saturday for sales that are Fri + Sat and I usually just skip them because I assume all the good stuff would be gone.[/quote]

It's really a tossup. You should try to get out early Friday, if possible (and often times, it's not), just for the people that are selling their NES and all their games, $5 for the lot or .50 Genesis games or whatever. But on the flipside, if they have say XBox games for $5-$10, they'll often sit and can be haggled Saturday for better deals if they're just gonna unload them at the local Goodwill/Salvation Army.

It also depends on the area and more importantly the crowd. I see a lot of old folks out on Friday, who usually pass over video games and other electronics.

I really wish that I could hit up Friday sales but have school. The people from Mexico don't come clean out whole yard sales until Saturday.

Yeah, despite everything I think I'm going to at least try to go out tomorrow morning. there aren't a lot of sales announced yet, but that means I might have less competition. Maybe I'll even find something like my $20 instant collection from last year (which is still one of my all-time best finds).

In my area, all the garage sales start on Friday. Game stuff tends to go very fast in my area, so if you don't go out Friday, you don't find much. There usually isn't much game stuff to begin with and there is a lot of competition here. I really need a job, but it will be hard giving up yard saling, since it is something I really like. I'm tempted to look for a 2nd shift position, so I could still go out on Fridays.

Ha, awesome. I have the Genesis version...no intention of ever playing it, but it's just something you have to have.

As for my yard sale scores today:

SEGA Genesis Collection (PS2) $5
Not a fantastic price but I didn't want to CIF the old lady at the church.

NES & 2 controllers- $5
No cables, and I know a NES is considered a common garage sale find, but I took my chances. Hooked it up at home with my Genesis' power cable and a generic AV cable from my DVD player, and tested the only NES game I have (SMB3). I was prepared to be let down but it worked perfectly!

Namco plug-n-play thingy (brand new unopened) - $2
Goes for $17 at Wal-Mart. Not too bad.

What I learned today: indoor / multi-family sales are your friend.

[quote name='panamared']Went out real early this morning, emailed a...

It's all in real good shape. No marker or stickers on anything.
Dude also had a lime green Gameboy color with the blue Pokemon cartridge. I didn't get it though, because he said $20 for everything, but I countered with a $10 in the face, he was hesitating and I said "well, I've got about $.75 cents in my pocket", showed it to him and he said "okay, everything except the Game Boy and game. We'll see if a little kid wants it or something." So I got everything except the Game Boy. So I got the whole N64 set for $10.70, I can't complain. He said he would email me if he found the Super Nintendo games, so hopefully if he does he still has the Game Boy too, it was mint, no scratches or anything! If I can get it for like a $1 I'll be happy. The one I have I bought like 10 years ago so it's scratched to shit. Hopefully ya'll have some good finds today.[/quote]
dude, you may have shot yourslef in the foot, you should never CIF someone if you want them to call about other games!!!

GSailing is getting off to a slow start here, but I heard that my competition from last year is gone!! So that is good news. The only sale I ahve found so far was one where the homeowner was trying to sell a box of games for near Ebay prices, I should have CIF'd him but I had all the good games in the box, the only thing I grabbed was caddilacs and Dinosaurs for Segs CD, I just had to add it to my collection of weird games...from the smell of the case I think the previous owner had to add a little green herb to make the game funner!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ye0ldmario']Anyone ever find a copy of Ninja Turtles hyperstone heist in the wild? I think it was the only ninja turtles genesis game[/quote]
I have found 2 CIB copies, and 1 loose copy. I think the CIB copies came from someone that bought out an old rental store, they guy had tons of old games mostly CIB adn 2-3 copies of each.

SWAP MEET FINDS:

Actraiser SNES cart
The 7th Saga SNES cart
Streets of Rage genny 2 boxed
$5 total

Double Strike NES cart with torn label
25 cents
Is this rare at all? Its a weird unlicensed game that is black colored. :/

And.... one of The reason I look in the overpriced game dealers stores everytime:
Secret of mana SNES cart - $5
Thrown in with all the other snes games. The weirdest thing about it is that on the back written in marker is the initials JSW. Those are my initials. It must be my destiny to get that cart or some shit. XD

[quote name='Sinnbox']dude, you may have shot yourslef in the foot, you should never CIF someone if you want them to call about other games!!!

No shit man. I sent the dude an email like 4 days ago and no response!!!:cry: Oh well, live and learn I guess :) But, in my defense I am a now a true cheapass!!!:D

[quote name='Sinnbox']dude, you may have shot yourslef in the foot, you should never CIF someone if you want them to call about other games!!![/quote]

No shit man. I emailed the dude like 4 days ago, lol no response.:cry: Oh well, live and learn.:) I am learning one thing though, I am a true cheapass!!!:D

First real weekend of sales for me. Not real fired up for this year. Probably won't get out every weekend like the last two years. Not a bad start this year, though

Mario & Luigi Partners in Time Guide
Warioland II (Gameboy)
Zelda Phantom Hourglass
$5

Zelda Ocarina of Time (N64)
Mario Party 3 (N64)
Body Harvest (N64)
Gameshark (N64)
$8

Ms. Pac-Man (NES)
Burgertime (NES)
$4