[quote name='darkslime']SWAP MEET FINDS:

Actraiser SNES cart
The 7th Saga SNES cart
Streets of Rage genny 2 boxed
$5 total

Double Strike NES cart with torn label
25 cents
Is this rare at all? Its a weird unlicensed game that is black colored. :/

And.... one of The reason I look in the overpriced game dealers stores everytime:
Secret of mana SNES cart - $5
Thrown in with all the other snes games. The weirdest thing about it is that on the back written in marker is the initials JSW. Those are my initials. It must be my destiny to get that cart or some shit. XD[/quote]

Or maybe you sent the cartridge back in time with your initials written on it to convince yourself that you are the one who must take down OnLive (Skynet) before it becomes self aware.

Think about it. You may be our only hope.

[quote name='dv8mad']Or maybe you sent the cartridge back in time with your initials written on it to convince yourself that you are the one who must take down OnLive (Skynet) before it becomes self aware.

Think about it. You may be our only hope.[/quote]

We're doomed. ;)

I dont know about u guys but i think this year will be a yard selling gold mine considering the economy and whatnot. I predict double the yardsales as last year!

finds032909.jpg

Wonder Boy 3, Y's, Phantasy Star, Buster Douglas Boxing and Kings Quest for the SMS - $25

Boing! and Up 'N Down - $10 (both are for sale/trade)

Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero 2, Me and My Katamari, Loco Roco and cart only SM64 DS - Traded my Singstar Rocks bundle, Singstar 80's and Eternal Sonata

Wario's Woods - Traded 2 guides

[quote name='swolgam']I dont know about u guys but i think this year will be a yard selling gold mine considering the economy and whatnot. I predict double the yardsales as last year![/quote]

either that or backwards, the prices get higher Lol

[quote name='swolgam']I dont know about u guys but i think this year will be a yard selling gold mine considering the economy and whatnot. I predict double the yardsales as last year![/quote]

I doubt that, some places it may be, but around here people are holding onto their games, or holding out for high prices. some people are sellign for cheap, but in the past where people would throw away items for cash, noe they are taking more interest in what things are realy worth.

First Saturday of the season. I managed to find at 3 Church sales.
- Ken Burns' Baseball VHS Sealed $5
- Mario Kart Super Circuit GBA $5
- Assorted CD's & DVD's $3, will sell a few on SecondSpin for $8 and trade the rest for a few bucks at a local game shop.

I'm defiinitely looking forward to the next few weeks, as several towns around me are having their town wide yard sales.

Well April is here so I thought I'd start off my season, even though it snowed yesterday. Low amount of sales advertised but a lot of unadvertised sales due to good weather today.

Duds of the day included a sale with an XBox console w/cords & controller for $45, and another sale from some of those people who re-sell crap they find elsewhere for crap prices (man I hate those), this included several old 360 sport games for $6 each, a bunch of cheapo XB/PS2/GC games for $6-10, and several of those cheap DVDs that are $5 at Walmart priced at $3-5 (used). Also passed on their $35 GameCube. I did pick up an old Dad's Root Beer bottle for a buck, I decorate the top of my entertainment center with old soda bottles.

I got my only VG items of the day at a sale run by a couple of teenage girls that advertised manga and anime...I'm not into that stuff but I knew if it were advertised there was a good shot there's be some old game stuff around. Picked up:

GBA Zelda Link to the Past $2.00
Pink GBA missing the battery cover $0.50
Green N64 with no cables $0.25

The N64 is in good shape except for a crack on one of the front corners...if it works then it makes a good backup, if not then it was just a quarter. No idea what I'll do with the GBA, if I ever pick up a battery cover I can give it to a female relative or something. They also had some Crash Bandicoot GBA game for $2, on second thought I should have just offered them $4 for everything.

Opposite for me today. I went out with a list of around 7 addresses and about half were canceled just because the sky was slightly gray. Not only that but there wasn't a single unadvertised sale to be found. I'm pretty sure I live in yard sale hell.

Three neighborhood sales today (one a repeat from last week). Pretty dry Had a decent run on Gameboy games though. Funny how you can just find just one systems some weekends. This weekend, Gameboy games.

Pokemon Crystal Version
Pokemon Blue Version (Torn Sticker)
Pokemon Silver Version
Pokemon Special Pikachu Edition
$2

Dragon Warrior Monsters
Super Mario Land
Pokemon Special Pikacu Edition
Pokemon Silver Edition
Heroes of Might and Magic
$8

found fullmetal alchemist, dual sympathy ds for 1.00 figure i can trade in at gamestop.

best deal all day ps1 50.00.(rolls his eyes) little kid told me was a good deal they are 100 in store. i looked at him and smiled didnt want to break his heart plus girl friend was with me.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Opposite for me today. I went out with a list of around 7 addresses and about half were canceled just because the sky was slightly gray. Not only that but there wasn't a single unadvertised sale to be found. I'm pretty sure I live in yard sale hell.[/quote]

Where abouts on Long Island are you from? It was the same for me yesterday.

3415376076_9fa12c158c.jpg

Started the garage sale season here in Indianapolis on Saturday. Found 7 garage sales on my side of town...managed to make it to 6 of them...7th one they must have slept in or canceled.

Anyway, saw a box of PSX stuff at one of the sales and asked the guy what he wanted for the games...my eyes bulged out when I saw stuff like FF VII and other RPGS until I realized they were HK bootlegs. He said $10 for the box, but I countered with $5 for everything and he accepted.

Turns out he bought the PSX while overseas. It's an Asian model modified to play backups and came with all the cords. It also came with two official Sony controllers, a Madcatz 4-player adapter, an arcade stick, and two memory cards (one Sony, one third-party.

Also, not all the games were bootlegs. It came with the following official U.S. games:

1. Spongebob Squarepants: Supersponge (complete)
2. Monopoly (disc-only) in a Toy Story Racer case
3. Pong (disc-only)
4. Disney's AlladinL Nasira's Revenge (complete)
5. A Bug's Life (complete)
6. Stuart Little 2 (disc-only)
7. Disney's Atlantis (no manual, just the cover)
8. Spec Ops: Ranger Elite (complete)
9. NFL Gameday 99 (disc only)
10. Speedball 2100 (disc only)
11. Metal Gear Solid (Greatest Hits, missing manual, has both discs)

12. Dungeon Keep (disc-only, PC game?)
13. Kids Bop (music CD)

I won't bother to list the HK stuff.

[quote name='darkslime']
Double Strike NES cart with torn label
25 cents
Is this rare at all? Its a weird unlicensed game that is black colored. :/
[/quote]

Not rare, really. Depending on how bad the label is, it might fetch $5 on Ebay or good trade bait to a NES collector. A copy with a perfect label will fetch around $8.

[quote name='Rictor']my eyes bulged out when I saw stuff like FF VII [/quote]

Did someone say FF VII? $2.50

my.php

First sale of the season complete flawless black label. Everything priced as marked. (She made me break a $10 for the .15 Zelda book). Would not take CIF of $8 for $8.15.

Someone was there before and left the PS1 games b/c I saw a sign for GBA games for $1 each and they were all gone.
my.php

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IkilledLassic']Where abouts on Long Island are you from? It was the same for me yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Western Suffolk, south shore. I get the feeling there aren't too many hardcore game collectors prowling around here, and that there's just nothing around worth buying, but I could be totally wrong about that. I have hope that yard sale conditions will improve in the coming months.

Good finds Rictor and Slowdive, I'm totally jealous.

Oh, and I saw something I was kind of confused about. It was a copy of Gran Turismo 1, but it was 2-disc. Anybody know what that is? I know GT2 was in a 2-disc case but this definitely was the first game.

If I'm not mistaken I remember buying a 2-disc version of gran turtismo, \long ago when Ps1 was the hottest thing out.

Was it a Green GH label? That's what I've seen it as.

My Greatest Hits copy of Gran Turismo came in a 2-disc case, but was just a single disc. The case even says "1 disc" on the side and doesn't have a center hub to hold a disc in one of the sides...I think it was in the larger case because it came with a thick reference manual.

[quote name='gincognto']My Greatest Hits copy of Gran Turismo came in a 2-disc case, but was just a single disc. The case even says "1 disc" on the side and doesn't have a center hub to hold a disc in one of the sides...I think it was in the larger case because it came with a thick reference manual.[/quote]

Yeah, SimCity 2000 is the same way.

finds040509.jpg

Castlevania, Punch Out, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Yo Noid - $7
Mega Man 6 - $5 (This is sweet, this completes my NES mega man collection, now I need boxes and manuals)
Zelda MM - $10 (complete)
Starcraft 64 - $5
Tiny Toons 2 (game and box) - $3

Total - $30

Not much for the $30 this week, but some good stuff.

Last weeks small haul

GameBoy
Tetris
Super Mario Land
Kirby 2
Dr Mario
Rally Racer (some racing game for GBC)
Gameboy Color System

N64 games
South Park (sealed)
Star Wars Rogue Squadron (sealed)
Mario Golf (sealed)
Goldeneye (complete - not sealed)

Got it all for $20 with a few more cart only GB games (can't remember there titles right now). I loved that the N64 games had the kmart $49.99 price still on them.

Well I haven't posted in a bit but finally have something to show:

This was a sale that seemed to advertise some games. I went hopeing for treasure and got some decent items. I picked up:

Chicken Little (GC)
The Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer (GC)
Looney Tunes: Back in Action (GC)
Shrek Treasure Hunt (PS1)
Blue's Big Musical (PS1)
Spongebob Squarepants: Best Day Ever (Music CD)

I ended up giving $9 for everything. I think that the GC games will act as good trade fodder in this case.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/3417065671/

This was an interesting find. I already had a Telstar Coleco but found this one for a buck so I picked it up. I didn't find much else at this one but this is what I ended up getting:

Telstar Coleco Game System
Pro Pinball: Big Race USA (PS1)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team (GBA)

I ended up giving $5 for everything though.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/3417875606/

First sale of the day! I went to this sale first as it advertised stacks PS1 and PS2 games. Unfortunately, a stack was only 3 games... However, there were quite a few Game Boy games. I picked up the following:

Bomberman Quest (GBC)
Pocket Bomberman (GBC)
Game and Watch Gallery 3 (GBC)
Mickey Mouse: Magical Wands (GB)
Tak: The Great JuJu Challenge (GBA)
Namco Museum (GBA)
The Ant Bully (GBA)
Scooby-Doo: Unmasked (GBA)
Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius: Attack of the Twonkies (GBA)
Rugrats: Castle Capers (GBA)
Fairly-Odd Parrents: Shadow Showdown (GBA)

These were originally $2 each but I talked her into $10 for all of them which was a great deal!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/3417876930/

Not much of a story except I didn't buy enough. I pulled up to this sale and this guy had all his PC games marked $1 each. I only picked up Neverwinter Nights 2 but he also had Gothic 3 and some other quality titles as well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/3417878304/

This sale I was very skeptical of. I passed it at first and went back and I was rewarded with a couple of good items. Upon pulling up, I immediatly spotted an SNES multitap. I picked it up as the night before we had three people over and were going to play Secret of Mana but didn't have a multitap. Fixed. Then I spotted a GBA. Thinking nothing of it, I picked it up. I looked and it didn't have a price. I went to the cashier and checked out and got all for $3.

Here's the interesting part of the story. The GBA is a limited edition Pokemon Center New York GBA. And it had Super Mario 4 advance in it as well. I did some research and can't find much on the GBA so if anyone know anything about it please let me know. Now lets recap:

SNES Multitap
Pokemon Center New York GBA
SMA 4: SMB3

Total - $3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/3417879764/

i have a question for pretty much everyone in the thread. do you just buy pretty much any game that you don't have (at least, if it's fairly cheap)? i just say this because i see a decent amount of people who buy games that are really common, and i usually pass on them.

[quote name='chimpster1313']i have a question for pretty much everyone in the thread. do you just buy pretty much any game that you don't have (at least, if it's fairly cheap)? i just say this because i see a decent amount of people who buy games that are really common, and i usually pass on them.[/quote]

I think it depends on where you live and what you do with the games. I pretty much buy any non sport/non kid game if it is cheap/an old console. I know I can easily recoup $1 or $2 if I have a GS of my own. (If I don't want to keep it).
I live in Chicago, so there are not as many deals on games. Someone who lives on the coasts probably has a better chance of finding deals, since stores have larger selections of games/Anime).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chimpster1313']i have a question for pretty much everyone in the thread. do you just buy pretty much any game that you don't have (at least, if it's fairly cheap)? i just say this because i see a decent amount of people who buy games that are really common, and i usually pass on them.[/quote] I buy any game I either want to play or can resell for more than what I paid for it.

I stopped looking for stuff I could "resell" a long time ago. Nobody around here buys games, and companies like GameStop are barely staying above water. Play N Trade does a lot of 'classic' stuff, but they know they're the only game in town and raise the prices to insane amounts ($9.99 for the original Tomb Raider on PSX, for instance, with a grand trade in value of 50 cents. Hell of a markup). If I can send it off on Goozex for more than 100 points, I'll buy it, otherwise I'm looking specifically for stuff I want for my personal collection. Sad, but true..

^That sucks. Everyone is obsessed with classic games here and they can be sold for high amounts on craigslist here, everything I can't sell on craigslist I sell on ebay or gametz.

[quote name='chimpster1313']i have a question for pretty much everyone in the thread. do you just buy pretty much any game that you don't have (at least, if it's fairly cheap)? i just say this because i see a decent amount of people who buy games that are really common, and i usually pass on them.[/quote]
My first priority when looking for games, is to find ones that I want for my collection. I next look for games and systems that I can clean up and sell. For example, I picked up an snes two weeks ago for $5. I cleaned it up and I think I'll try selling it on craigslist for $25. I generally look for stuff that I can sell on craigslist or ebay. I don't grab everything I see. I try not to be greedy.

The big problem is that I've been seeing less and less games lately in my area. I stick to the NE and sometimes to the NW sides of Fort Wayne. I imagine I'm having to deal with other gamers, moms with kids, ebayers who grab everything, and I've heard someone mention that there are some people who pick up stuff for McVans. It's just really annoying to go through several neighborhoods and only come away with a handful of games. I suppose the second largest city in Indiana isn't that great a area for games, especially classic games. I've been really want to find more snes games.

Eh when i'm in a thrift store, or a rummage sale and I see something, as long as it's not a sports game (sometimes), if its a buck, 3 bucks or some change, I'll grab it.

Never know what it will be worth someday. Or just keep it for myself.

[quote name='jaysapathy']I'd be interested in those HK games. Any pics?[/quote]

They're bootlegs...color photocopies for labels...you could do better these days with a photo printer and disc labeler. I booted up a few of them to test the system and controllers, however. One disc had a Sega Master System emulator on it and a bunch of SMS games.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Western Suffolk, south shore. I get the feeling there aren't too many hardcore game collectors prowling around here, and that there's just nothing around worth buying, but I could be totally wrong about that. I have hope that yard sale conditions will improve in the coming months.

Good finds Rictor and Slowdive, I'm totally jealous.

Oh, and I saw something I was kind of confused about. It was a copy of Gran Turismo 1, but it was 2-disc. Anybody know what that is? I know GT2 was in a 2-disc case but this definitely was the first game.[/quote]

Western Suffolk, as in the border of Nassau? I'm more towards the Riverhead area, and know for sure, that there are collectors out in these parts. I especially find it troubling when I go to a yard sale, even if it's early (say 8 - 9 AM), and inquire about video games (when there isn't any out or displayed) and get this response: "Wow, that's the tenth time I have been asked that! No, I sold them 15 minutes ago."

^That's normal here too. You have to get out at 5 am to get anything if it's out on the table. If it's inside, and you have to ask, it's always there for me though, because most of the people who yard sale don't speak english and can't ask here. Usually though, if they buy some rare RPG, you can't get it for maybe 5 bucks instead of the dollar they paid for it as they resell it at the swap meet the next day, which is still a good deal.

[quote name='IkilledLassic']Western Suffolk, as in the border of Nassau? I'm more towards the Riverhead area, and know for sure, that there are collectors out in these parts. I especially find it troubling when I go to a yard sale, even if it's early (say 8 - 9 AM), and inquire about video games (when there isn't any out or displayed) and get this response: "Wow, that's the tenth time I have been asked that! No, I sold them 15 minutes ago."[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pretty close to the border. If those yard sale hounds are around here I don't stand a chance against them. I don't have my own car and getting a ride that early just to look for cheap junk is not easy. Then again I've never tried asking about video game stuff, I figure if it's not outside they don't want to sell it. Eh, I'm kind of a wuss about the whole thing I guess, but it's still good fun.

I really didn't know where to post this so if it's in the wrong forum, sorry about that. I found this site a few days ago and decided to join. it has already paid major dividends ( I used to buy all my stuff off ebay and amazon :wall:)

I decided to go a local flea market to look for some games. As soon as i walked in there was a stand with nes, snes, and n64 games. Some had prices and some didn't. I was looking at the prices and almost walked away. $40 for super mario kart snes, $20 for legend of zelda nes, $30 for super mario world snes, etc. Right as I was about to look around some where else I find Final Fantasy 3 (snes) without a price on it. I ask how much, lady says $20. I CIF'd $5 said no but countered with $10. Sweet... been looking for this game under $20 and to find it for $10 was awesome.

Then I find another stand that had nes games. I asked how much and she said $3 each. There was rad racer, excitebike, narc, pretty common games. Then I see an nes system next to the stack and on top was..... DRAGON WARRIOR IV (nes)!!!!!! in excellent condition. Picked that up with excitebike, gradius, rad racer. I really didn't know how expensive this was. I thought it would be like $20 or so on ebay/amazon but when I got back and checked online it was around $50. I almost soiled myself when I saw the prices.

Recap:
FF3 (SNES) - $10
Dragon Warrior IV (NES)- $3
Excitebike, Gradius, Rad Racer- $9 ( I know I probably over paid for these but hey I'm used to ebay prices with shipping and all that)

THANKS FOR READING!:D

PS For anyone with Dragon Warrior IV on the nes, is the back caution sticker supposed to be gold or gray (like every other nes game i have seen)

I think it was Gold for Enix games. I'm not sure on that though.

Great deals for some good SNES and NES games though!

Feel free to post finds in this topic, not just yard sale/garage sale finds.

[quote name='Shaq-Funaki']PS For anyone with Dragon Warrior IV on the nes, is the back caution sticker supposed to be gold or gray (like every other nes game i have seen)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kuros']I think it was Gold for Enix games. I'm not sure on that though.[/QUOTE]

Any NES game with a save battery in it has a gold caution sticker on the back.

sweet thanks for the info was a little worried there. I dont remember ever seeing gold caution stickers on nes games but it has been a long time since I owned a game that had battery saving on nes

[quote name='Kuros']
Castlevania, Punch Out, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Yo Noid - $7
Mega Man 6 - $5 (This is sweet, this completes my NES mega man collection, now I need boxes and manuals)
Zelda MM - $10 (complete)
Starcraft 64 - $5
Tiny Toons 2 (game and box) - $3

Total - $30

Not much for the $30 this week, but some good stuff.[/quote]

Kuros, after almost two years of seeing you score some pretty decent stuff, I'd love to see a full collection picture. Good stuff.

Well, hit my first sale of the year. Weather here has been absolute crap. 2 weeks ago, we were in blizzard-like conditions and had 18 inches of snow over the course of 18 hours. The following week, it was 72 and windy as shit, with gusts of up to 60mph. This morning is a bit chilly, but I wanted to hit up one sale before work.

So.....

Found Wii Dance Dance party w/ the mat for $50. I walked away, very very quickly.

Planning on heading out tomorrow morning as well. Finally some nice weather!

First yard sales of the season were today. Only 3 sales, but I still found a green N64 with 1 controller, Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64 for $8. Not the greatest deal, but Mario 64 I didn't have and I can flip the rest. I was just happy to find something on the first day of the season.

For a while now, I've been having some really crappy finds. Today though, I found something awesome.

A Pioneer CLD-A100 Laseractive with Goldeneye on laserdisc. They wanted $50, but I was able to get them down to $40. It's more than I really should spend right now, but I couldn't pass on that. It's working good so far, except for a problem with laserdisc not always ejecting when I tell it to.

good find, erehwon. i've had one of those for a few years now, with the Sega pak and the karaoke pak. unfortunately, i've never found the Turbografx pak in the wild, and it's incredibly expensive online. i do have a handful of the Sega Laseractive titles, and those are kind of cool. before DVDs came on the scene, this sat next to my TV; i amassed a sizable LD collection which now, unfortunately, is only taking up space. awful things. at least the player's cool.

dsc05040.jpg

First sales of the year today, woo! Only went to two, one of which listed games on their craigslist ad. They had a random box of PS2, GameCube, and Genesis stuff, which I dug these things out of. Pretty much everything else was sports.

Official Nintendo Player's Guide
Final Fantasy XI Online for PS2 (still sealed!)
Electronic Arts Genesis Multitap
Camerica Freedom Wireless NES Joystick

Total: $5

bread's done
Back