Official 2010 Yard Sale Thread

Just hit my local thrift store that had a bunch of Yard Sale leftovers that I missed.

Dreamcast-
Sonic Adventures
Street Fighter III Double Impact
Monaco Grand Prix

Xbox-
SSx tricky- PH
Ford Mustang: The Legend Lives

All complete, all for $5. Most are kinda scratched so I'll try to clean then.
The dreamcast games were hiding in the CD collection.
Going to Goozex and my tradelist, don't know how much they are worth.
Any ideas?

100_0561.jpg

[quote name='schultzed']Actually it is an arbitrary amount but the market supports it. [/QUOTE]

What I meant by "arbitrary" was that it wasn't just some guy pulling a number out of his ass and slapping that on there as the price, like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Beijing-Love-...ef=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1283291269&sr=1-1

There's always a lot of people on CAG who will say "Sure its priced that high, but will it sell?" Usually if the price is arbitrary (ie: unsupported by research) the item WILL NOT sell, however if research is put in and the price is the current market value (not arbitrary) the item will sell.

The DreamCast games are going to be extremely hit and miss. Because of the way the discs were pressed, you can't have them resurfaced by a normal machine (it ruins the disc). If they're scratched, you might be up a certain creek. I'd test before going any farther.. But I am interested in SF Third Strike. :D

I have no Dreamcast so I can't test them.
Being a CAG i couldn't say no to $1, thought they might be rare.
Will trade/sell as is. Worse someone may need the artwork and manual.

[quote name='adriley313']I have no Dreamcast so I can't test them.
Being a CAG i couldn't say no to $1, thought they might be rare.
Will trade/sell as is. Worse someone may need the artwork and manual.[/QUOTE]

Take a chance and list Third Strike up on eBay for the going rate. It wouldn't hurt to swap the case out with a new one (check Kmart for new cases). There's a good chance all the games you picked up work fine. If a buyer finds out the game doesn't work, just have him send it back and give him a refund.

when I get stuff for super cheap, I usually undercut the lowest price by a lot (if there's a big disparity between the price I paid and the going rate...) so I can sell it fast.

Hey guys, can you please stop all the reselling talk? If you are a scalper you shouldn't even be talking about it because it is shameful, STEALING the deals from friendly CAGs!

[quote name='darkslime']Hey guys, can you please stop all the reselling talk? If you are a scalper you shouldn't even be talking about it because it is shameful, STEALING the deals from friendly CAGs![/QUOTE]

cost+shipping = sacred!

Yes, ninja dog knows what's up!

I think reselling video games is worse than kicking babies because babies won't remember being kicked, but you will always remember when an evil hoarder stole a deal from you!

Seriously, none of you guys noticed that is Street Fighter III: Double Impact? Third Strike is a completely different version/game.

[quote name='schultzed']I'm not certain but I think he said "we have too many of these."

I didn't see everything that the store bought but I did see Bioshock 2 and I think the girl got $31 or $32. It looked like they bought 5-7 games. I don't know why they don't offer .50 a piece on the rejects . . . I think she would have taken it. This place is more selective then GS.

Hell, in retrospect, if I asked nicely I think she would given me the last couple for free.[/QUOTE]

$32 for Bioshock 2?! They must not be THAT selective - I'm still disappointed about how that game turned out.

Im not a scalper.
I found these Dreamcast games at my local thrift store hidden among CD's.
I highly doubt any CAGs live near me for me to steal deals from

[quote name='adriley313']Im not a scalper.
I found these Dreamcast games at my local thrift store hidden among CD's.
I highly doubt any CAGs live near me for me to steal deals from[/QUOTE]

I think he was being sarcastic. I defended him once when I thought he was sincere, but I am pretty sure all he does is flip games.

[quote name='lolwut?']Seriously, none of you guys noticed that is Street Fighter III: Double Impact? Third Strike is a completely different version/game.[/QUOTE]

Saw that, did a quadruple take on the Dreamcast picture trying to figure out if I missed something.

[quote name='adriley313']
I highly doubt any CAGs live near me for me to steal deals from[/QUOTE]

yeah, but you'll get called out on principle!

That's a good catch on those games btw

[quote name='ninja dog']yeah, but you'll get called out on principle!

That's a good catch on those games btw[/QUOTE]

I just think of it as centralizing all the good games in one location. You should see how my local Goodwill piles games together so you can't even see them half the time; they're barbarians! :bomb:

Grabbed Final Fantasy VII for the PC (Edios collection). Included all 4 discs in great shape, plus the original "case".

Total cost - $1

Going to sell it. I don't need it in my collection, but I could not pass it up.

[quote name='pdwayne']Grabbed Final Fantasy VII for the PC (Edios collection). Included all 4 discs in great shape, plus the original "case".

Total cost - $1

Going to sell it. I don't need it in my collection, but I could not pass it up.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how the market fluctuations go for this one, but on Amazon I sold a disc-only Eidos Platinum Collection version for $55 a few months back.

[quote name='pdwayne']Grabbed Final Fantasy VII for the PC (Edios collection). Included all 4 discs in great shape, plus the original "case".

Total cost - $1

Going to sell it. I don't need it in my collection, but I could not pass it up.[/QUOTE]

I remember seeing this complete at my SA about a year ago..i had no idea at the time of what it was worth. i reluctantly passed it up....Damn me!!!
This past w/e i found-

Digimon World 2 ps1 cib $1
Firefighter FD PS2 cib $4
Shadow hearts PS2 cib $2
Tomba demo w/sleeve ps1 50 cents
Phantasy star cart only SMS $1
FFVll strategy guide $1

[quote name='lude21']I remember seeing this complete at my SA about a year ago..i had no idea at the time of what it was worth. i reluctantly passed it up....Damn me!!!
[/QUOTE]

If I'm on the fence (at a thrift), I'll kinda hide the item and go look it up (or think it over if its for personal use) . . . then I can hurry back if necessary.

I didn't see much advertised today and wasn't planning on going to any sales but I saw one sign a few blocks from my house. As I walked up, there were some women by the main table and a guy trying to sort some cables and I see a nice stack of SNES games next to him. I'm thinking, "Crap! . . . he's got the game stuff." But no, it was his stuff!

I start looking and all the stuff is in really bad shape and the conversation is about how no one is going to be interested in this stuff. Of course, I guess I could see how well it cleans up . . . I can be so evil.

He was willing to take $5 for these and then I pitched $10 for everything . . . but I should've stopped at the SNES games. The pics are in my garage because I'm not sure I want this stuff in the house :)

I wonder if I could make some kind sculpture with the Colecovision carcas . . .
If the NES controllers, the NES and SNES power adapters work. then the $5 is worthwhile. I might just junk most of this stuff . . . although the double-ender cart is interesting.

Oddly enough, paying him $10 for this stuff made me feel like I was doing him a big favor . . . he was happy that the stuff was gone.

Obviously a few of the SNES games are winners--when I saw DK3 I was happy. The Mario World is so ugly that it might only be useful as a pack-in with a system.

Hopefully you're not going to dump the Atari consoles and the carts? Besides the critter that's in pieces, folks will buy bundles even of questionable virtue for $30-40.

[quote name='jbroush99']The double ender cartridge with Chuck Norris Side Kicks might be worth something.[/QUOTE]

It is. One recently sold on eBay for ~$70.

If you guys missed my post last week, Atari stuff is worth researching. I sold the Bounty Bob cart from last weekend (that I paid $3 for) for a whopping $325. Schultzed - you should at least take those Atari games inside and clean them up, there's a good chance they are worth more than the SNES games you bought.

[quote name='Doomstink']It is. One recently sold on eBay for ~$70.

If you guys missed my post last week, Atari stuff is worth researching. I sold the Bounty Bob cart from last weekend (that I paid $3 for) for a whopping $325. Schultzed - you should at least take those Atari games inside and clean them up, there's a good chance they are worth more than the SNES games you bought.[/QUOTE]

$70? NIB?

I only see these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ATARI-2600-DOUB...pt=US_Vintage_Video_Games&hash=item4a9d9a6205
http://cgi.ebay.com/Atari-2600-Vide...pt=US_Vintage_Video_Games&hash=item27b496adb4

I will look them over but the 2600 games are pretty common . . . the double-ender might bring $10 but I doubt that any others are worth more than a buck or two. Four of the SNES games should be $10 or more.

I do think I might be able to get a working 2600 out of it. There is a power adapter and I might put together a working controller.

[quote name='Ash Burton']I see 1 SNES wireless controller, is there an attachment for that? Me wants.[/QUOTE]

This caught my eye immediately but alas no receiver :whistle2:(

I guess maybe as 2 lots on ebay . . . but as is (I don't want to mess around with these) . . .

the shiny one is Yar's Revenge
This is actually pretty close to the collection I had as a kid.

These stood out:

But Sky Skipper is sooo ugly.

[quote name='schultzed']I didn't see much advertised today and wasn't planning on going to any sales but I saw one sign a few blocks from my house. As I walked up, there were some women by the main table and a guy trying to sort some cables and I see a nice stack of SNES games next to him. I'm thinking, "Crap! . . . he's got the game stuff." But no, it was his stuff!

I start looking and all the stuff is in really bad shape and the conversation is about how no one is going to be interested in this stuff. Of course, I guess I could see how well it cleans up . . . I can be so evil.

He was willing to take $5 for these and then I pitched $10 for everything . . . but I should've stopped at the SNES games. The pics are in my garage because I'm not sure I want this stuff in the house :)

I wonder if I could make some kind sculpture with the Colecovision carcas . . .
If the NES controllers, the NES and SNES power adapters work. then the $5 is worthwhile. I might just junk most of this stuff . . . although the double-ender cart is interesting.

Oddly enough, paying him $10 for this stuff made me feel like I was doing him a big favor . . . he was happy that the stuff was gone.

Obviously a few of the SNES games are winners--when I saw DK3 I was happy. The Mario World is so ugly that it might only be useful as a pack-in with a system.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't look too bad to me as long as it doesn't smell with rancid smoke or something else very strong, I have brought stuff home in the same condition, its just dust and dirt and it will come off just don't put it on your clean carpet. I am a really clean person but I am not squeamish about dirty stuff anymore, I just clean it up and I am on my way.

The $70 auction has disappeared since I saw it on Monday (the window eBay is leaving these listings open to the public is seriously short now). The guy who bought my "Bounty Bob Strikes Back!" cart had a Chuck Norris/Artillery cart in his completed listings for $67.xx. It did not have the box or instructions.

I guess that was just a fluke. I wish this was still there so I didn't look completely insane.

Just checked his feedback and it was a Colecovision Chuck Norris/Artillery Duel double ender and not an Atari 2600 one. They look so similar...

Example: http://cgi.ebay.com/Chuck-Norris-Ar...pt=US_Vintage_Video_Games&hash=item3360883f07

That one has 4 days left and is already at $24.xx. They look the exact same, but I guess the Colecovision version just had a much smaller print run.

[quote name='slowdive21']I think he was being sarcastic. I defended him once when I thought he was sincere, but I am pretty sure all he does is flip games.[/QUOTE]Yeah, kube knows what's up. The only reason I look for deals is to flip them. I don't collect anymore, just play 360 games if I game at all.

Also situations llike whoever passed up ffvii pc internet on your phone comes in handy. I paid 25 bucks a month for it which seems like a lot but the amount of flips i've found by looking things up on my phone makes it worth it.

Does anyone know where I can find information on packaging for Atari 2600 games? I run across a guy that has some sealed but I want to make sure they're not re-sealed. Most are newer print runs (copyright 1986 - 1988 on the back of the box) and are in the box with shrink wrap. One (Yars' Revenge) is in a sealed box with no shrink wrap but has an older copyright date (1981). I bought some of the more popular games for display, but don't want to get the others unless they are authentic. He's asking $5 each. If anyone could point me to a place with information on original shrink wrap seals and packaging I would appreciate it.

[quote name='TiKi2']How come?[/QUOTE]

Too worried about ending up on the "Hoarders" show . . .

http://www.aetv.com/hoarders/

That's mostly the reason why I was talking about leaving the 2600s out in my garage (and putting the busted and rusted Colecovision in the trash) . . . I don't want piles of this stuff around if, 1) I'm not going to be playing it or 2) I'm not going to be selling it anytime soon

[quote name='schultzed']Too worried about ending up on the "Hoarders" show . . .

[/QUOTE]

I joke around that I will be on that show one day...Except I can't stand bugs or anything being dirty. I leave the dirty stuff in my garage until I get it clean enough to bring in the house.

Most likely I will be the first person crushed by penny guides. :bouncy:

Nice finds, no complaining Schultzed, that is a great lot!

[quote name='schultzed']Too worried about ending up on the "Hoarders" show . . .

That's mostly the reason why I was talking about leaving the 2600s out in my garage (and putting the busted and rusted Colecovision in the trash) . . . I don't want piles of this stuff around if, 1) I'm not going to be playing it or 2) I'm not going to be selling it anytime soon[/QUOTE]

I love that show! Especially the guy that spent a million dollars for 50,000 unique beer cans off ebay. "I'm a collector, this stuff has value."

Yeah, I'm the same way about flipping game-related items to some extent, unless I have a working system that I can get easy access to, there's no sense in keeping the software. I used to have a fair chunk of early Mac and pre-Windows 98 stuff, but I would have needed to keep two extra computers just to play it. I'd rather specialize in my favorite eras like SNES or Playstation than own a bunch of different systems with only a handful of games on each. *crosses fingers because I still have a lot of systems*

^ Sounds just like me. My favorites are also snes , ps1 but I also enjoyed the xbox very much. I just picked up a TG-16 at a sale. I was debating on wether to keep it or not. But after looking at all the shit I have , I am just going to flip it. But I will play it first. Came with some pretty good titles.

[quote name='slowdive21']I joke around that I will be on that show one day...Except I can't stand bugs or anything being dirty. I leave the dirty stuff in my garage until I get it clean enough to bring in the house.

Most likely I will be the first person crushed by penny guides. :bouncy:

Nice finds, no complaining Schultzed, that is a great lot![/QUOTE]

There was an episode of Hoarders where the guy was pretty neat and didn't keep trash. He just hunted for stuff that he intended to sell "someday." It wasn't a problem except that his "neat" collections of stuff were overwhelming his house. My wife thought I was most like this guy.

I started selling books online (5 years ago) to clear out some space in the basement . . . now I have many, many books in inventory and the problem is worse :) On the positive side, I get the pleasure of gathering but I also move it out at a consistent pace.

[quote name='schultzed']There was an episode of Hoarders where the guy was pretty neat and didn't keep trash. He just hunted for stuff that he intended to sell "someday." It wasn't a problem except that his "neat" collections of stuff were overwhelming his house. My wife thought I was most like this guy.

I started selling books online (5 years ago) to clear out some space in the basement . . . now I have many, many books in inventory and the problem is worse :) On the positive side, I get the pleasure of gathering but I also move it out at a consistent pace.[/QUOTE]

That's too bad...I was going to hire you to start selling some of my (non-ebay) stuff! Take it from me, you need to move that stuff. I spent the last 2 days sorting and I still can barely walk through 3 of the rooms.

On a similar note: I need to get a scanner for my computer that reads barcodes. I tried using an xbox camera, but it didn't work with Libra. I need to find a better program too.

What do you guys (everyone reading this thread) use to keep track of your collections?

[quote name='slowdive21']

What do you guys (everyone reading this thread) use to keep track of your collections?[/QUOTE]

Memory?

[quote name='TiKi2']Memory?[/QUOTE]

Really? I'm nearing 2000 unique titles; there's no way I'd remember them all. I keep a database of all of my systems and games, noting condition, completeness, and how many duplicates I may have of any given title.

I carry that same file on my phone so I can pull it up any time and finally keep myself from buying so many dupes.

bread's done
Back