Official 2010 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='Capsuledragon']Went to a town yardsale today. I almost skipped this yard sale but then the person mentioned Nintendo.

10xt0kl.jpg

25jw6ms.jpg

It's a complete NES with Zapper, 17 games, and a gamegenie. One of the controllers has coloured buttons for some reason though. $25 for the NES lot.

I also went to another one. They had a SNES lot just like the one above, but I didn't want another console. I picked through the games and got these for a total of $5:

20755xe.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That NES controller is badass! Also if you are looking to get rid of Kirby Superstar send me a PM

I didn't get to go out last weekend, but this weekend pretty much completely made up for that. So...

This past weekend's stuff (click pics for full-size):

GEN Combat Cars, Streets of Rage, Streets of Rage 2, $3 for all
NES Super Mario 64, Super Smash Bros., $5 for both
GC-GBA cable, GBC GameShark Pro, N64 Rumble Pack, $2 for all

Not much to say about these. I'm up to 2 copies of SoR and 4 copies of SoR2, and I still can't get my hands on a complete copy of either. Bleh.

Sega Saturn w/2 controllers (no AC, no AV/RF), $3

The guy selling this originally wanted $5, but when I couldn't find the cables in the box, I countered with $3. He accepted. The Eclipse pad feels great, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Mega Play Magazine
XB Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords strategy guide, $1 for both

Mega Play! I cringe everytime I think back to when I threw a bunch of these away in high school.

DC Marvel vs. Capcom 2, GigaWing (complete), Mars Matrix (complete; manual has some damage), $15 for all

I didn't realize that I already owned GigaWing until I got home. I hate when that happens.

DVD Looney Tunes Golden Collection, $3

This one was originally $5, but the dad and son that were running the sale didn't seem like they cared very much for it, so I offered $3 and they took it. I love old Looney Tunes and I don't see these on TV much anymore. Totally worth it.

2600 Skate Boardin'
7800 Galaga, $1 for both

My first 7800 game!

GEN Dynamite Headdy (complete), Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition (complete), Genesis Cleaning System
GC Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (missing manual, Mario Party 4 (missing manual), PS2 .hack//Infection (complete), $10 for all

Go figure that right after I find a complete copy of Dynamite Headdy, I find another just a few weeks later. That almost always happens. I already have a 3rd-party Genesis cleaner, but it's cool to have the official one in the box, too. .hack//Infection is just like Dynamite Headdy. I just found this same game a couple weeks ago!

XB Star Wars: Battlefront II (missing manual)
GC Alien Hominid (new & sealed), $8 for both

I don't know why Alien Hominid is sealed; I didn't ask and I'm not complaining. The seller originally wanted $10 for both. I countered with $8, and was denied. I did the "slowly walking away thing" and the guy called after me with $9. I shook my head and kept walking. He finally caved and hollered, "Okay, eight!". :lol:

NES Mag Max, Destination Earth Star, Beeshu Zipper control pad, $3 for all

Aw yeah, that Beeshu pad is the stuff! Dumb name, cool colors, I'm there! It actually plays great, and seems like a knock-off of a Hudson Joycard Sansui SSS, but without the headphone output. I love accessories like this.

GEN Batman Returns (complete), Eternal Champions (missing manual), Marbel Madness (missing manual), Sub Terrania (missing manual), $5 for all

Nothing fancy here. I just wish Marble Madness had its manual.

NES "Top Loader" system w/NES Max controller and NES Satellite (no AC, no AV/RF)
NES Super C, Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, Destiny of an Emperor, Stinger, Spot: The Video Game, Mega Man, Tecmo Super Bowl (complete), 2 game sleeves, $10 for all

Yay! I finally got my beloved Mega Man back in my collection. I'm also glad to have found the Satellite. I've never owned one before, but I used to have a friend that did and always thought it was cool-looking. This sucker's pretty much brand new although the box has some wear: all of the original documents are included, and they've obviously never been unfolded or read. Also, the Satellite and receiver thingy are both in their original plastic bags, and they smell exactly like new NES hardware did back in the day! My friend didn't believe me until he smelled it himself and his eyes bugged out. It's kinda spooky. I have a lot of other brand new stuff that didn't retain the original smell for whatever reason, but this thing has it in spades.

I already have a top loader, but at that price, I couldn't resist adding it to the pile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a copy of Parasite Eve II for $6.00. Only problem is it has a crack in the case. This is my first decent find of the year.

Found the following today...

The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition for the Gamecube for $2.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors case for the Genesis. No game or manual inside, but the lady only wanted a dime for it. I have it for the SNES, but figured it was worth it. Passed on the case for RBI 4

Then I hit up the Salvation Army and my dad picked up a few SNES games. Sadly all the good games we both already have, so we passed on Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country despite them being .75. Still picked up Super Mario All-Stars (we both have a copy) and he got a few other less notable games like Super Black Bass which I think he already has, The Pagemaster (which I have), Shanghai II: Dragon's Eye (oddly enough, they had two copies of it) and a Game Genie. Also, they had a cartridge cleaner for it which I had never seen. Although, I've never needed to clean an SNES either.

Lots of images ahead, do us all a favor and don't quote them!
2dlp075.jpg

First lot - $6 (All complete and in good condition)
:ps2: GTA 3, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, Splinter Cell, Medal of Honor Rising Sun, History Channel Civil War: A Nation Divided
PS1: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4, Pipe Dreams 3D

mv71bb.jpg

Champions World Class Soccer CIB (Genesis) - $1
:ps2: Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, Simpsons Hit & Run - $3 each
Both KH games have no manual but they're in good shape. Simpsons is complete.

2eqf3ip.jpg

:ps2: Futurama, Star Wars: Battlefront, Star Wars: Battlefront II (GH), Mega Man X8, Mega Man X Command Mission - all CIB
:gc: Pokemon Colosseum (no manual), Pokemon XD (CIB)
:ds: Hotel Dusk (CIB)
N64: Pokemon Puzzle League, Pokemon Stadium 2, Donkey Kong 64
Total: $20.

2vlsdv4.jpg

Spider-Man Arcade Game marquee - $5
GTA: Liberty City Stories case & manual - free
Halo 3 Action Clix (sealed) - $2

The Spider-Man marquee is just plain cool. And I actually had a UMD-only copy of GTA:LCS which is now complete.

jigqc1.jpg

Sega Genesis Model 2 CIB - $10
The box is in...I'd say good condition. Totally complete including cardboard, the system + RF, AC, and 2 controllers. Boxed systems aren't a big deal to me but the Genesis is my favorite so it's pretty cool.

dhg60j.jpg

3 NES Games from last week. $5 all
Super Mario Bros. 3, Wheel of Fortune, Super Sprint (Tengen)

I was out for like 3 hours and spent quite a bit more than usual but I got some good stuff so I'm happy.

Uncle did pretty good this morning.

Model 3 Genesis with hookups
3 controllers
Awesome Possum
Klax
Mickey Mania
Mortal Kombat
Side Pocket
Seperation Anxiety
Sonic 2
$2

edit- Genesis doesn't work, dunno about the controllers/game

I went out today. Yard sale season's finally started! Harumph!

At one sale:

Kill Bill volumes 1 and 2 (DVD)
28 Days Later (DVD)
Silent Hill 2 (PS2, complete)
DSCN2334.jpg

$15 total.

Another sale:
Alias Seasons 1 and 2 (DVD)
American Graffiti (VHS)
True Lies (VHS)
DSCN2335.jpg

Those were $8 total. I also got Muppets Treasure Island VHS for 25 cents at another sale.

I also found my first mega-haul™!:

DSCN2336.jpg

SNES (no cables)
2 SNES controllers
Super Scope with reciever
Mario Paint mouse
Super Game Boy
25 SNES games (carts only, Paperboy 2 manual)
SNES game case which holds 21 games
SNES tray (?)
Game Boy
Random Game Boy accessories (light, magnifier, AC pack)
Game Boy cleaning kit
21 GB games (carts only, Turtles 2 manual)
Grand Theft Auto Double Pack (PS2): GTA3, Vice City (not pictured)
Grease VHS

This was all $20! Games:
DSCN2331.jpg

The ones you can't see are Addams Family Values and SimCity.

DSCN2332.jpg

You can't see Super Mario All-stars. Mario Paint has the glare.

DSCN2333.jpg

DSCN2329.jpg

DSCN2330.jpg

Stories:

I went to about 10 sales today. The first 3 had nothing, the fourth was where I got the first stuff. They had a bunch of DVDs, (mainly horror and action type stuff), PS2 games, and individually-priced 360 games (a 360 console too). I originally wanted all that stuff with Maximo PS2, but he wanted $20, so I put it back and offered 15.

Next sales nothing, then my bike pedal fell off. I think it's because it's been so windy recently, and it fell over a few times in the backyard. I had to walk the rest of the way, and I only went to the next ones because they were so close.

Then I got Muppets Treasure Island for 25 cents.

I got the next stuff at a big Royal Lepage community sale. I wasn't sure about Alias, I've never heard of it but I always like getting shows on DVD.

Then, at the final sale, I got the SNES and GB stuff. I saw a bunch of PS2 games, and GTA was all I wanted. Then I looked around some more and saw the SNES stuff, they said $15 for it all. I asked if they had more, and they pointed out the GB stuff, for $5. I offered $20 for it all, and Grease, and they took it. I had to walk home for about 30 minutes with a heavy, fragile garbage bag, a bike I couldn't ride on, and a backpack full of games and movies. It's very hard to do that. You all should try it some time.

Gameboy color dark purple for 1$

Included Game & watch gallery, jeopardy, a case and battery cover. Looks rough but works perfectly.

2 PS1 games

Billiards 25 cents
oddworld 25 cents

Rather "meh" day for yard sales.. Found some NES games at .75 each:

Kung Fu
Tetris
Wizards And Warriors
Top Gun
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Track And Field
Kid Niki

They had some N64 games, too. Charged me $1.50 for Mario Tennis, but wanted $4 for Goldeneye. Huh.

Swung by the local "dump your old-ass shit here" sale, and picked up some Genesis titles:

Golden Axe II (cart only)
Toejam And Earl (cart only)
Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition
Shadow Of The Beast (complete)
Super Hydlide (complete)
Mutant League Hockey (missing manual, torn back)

$2 each. Found an SNES controller for $6 to go with my FC Twin. More than I wanted to pay, but whatever, the FC Twin controller blows goats.

Overall, a meh day.

This was unexpected to say the least:

The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition Guide - $1

What's this stuff about it being priced ~ $50 on amazon and ebay? o_O

Actually found some good stuff today!

mms_picture-1-1.jpg

:ps2: Logitech PS2 wireless controller w/receiver $4
Namco Museum 64 $1
:ps2: MX Unleashed $.50
:ps2: Tony Hawk's Underground $.50
:ps2: Tony Hawk's Underground 2 $.50

The analog sticks look like someone chewed on them but I have another one of these and I just love it so I figured I'd be OK.

mms_picture2-1.jpg

:360: Sega Superstars Tennis/Xbox Live Arcade compilation disc $1

This was marked at $2 but when I went to pay she said she'd give it to me for $1. It was really strange.

mms_picture3.jpg

:xbox: King Kong $.50
:xbox: Enter the Matrix $.50
:xbox: Sega GT 2002/Jet Set Future combo disc $.25
:360: Fuzion Frenzy 2 $2

This sale had some really weird pricing. They also had Fable 2 for $17. Not sure what's going on there. I was hoping that the Matrix and King Kong were backwards compatible but no luck.

mms_picture4.jpg

Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition $.25

Nothing too exciting. I'll probably never play it but I couldn't resist for a quarter.

And now for the best thing I have ever found and probably ever will...
mms_picture5.jpg

Original blue DS FREE!

So this was just randomly in a "Free box" with a sticker that said "Doesn't work". No idea what was wrong with it but it wouldn't even turn on. Well I of course took it planning to sell it on eBay or something if I couldn't fix it myself. So when I get home, I swap out its battery with my sister's fat DS's hoping maybe it's just a bad battery. As soon as I turn it on, BAM! it powers up! I switched the batteries back and decided to press my luck and try to just charge it. Well I guess the people I got it from were smart enough to try that because it wouldn't charge at all. So looks I got a free DS minus the battery. Probably the best thing I will ever find at a garage sale. :applause:

[quote name='mistymayem']

mms_picture3.jpg

:xbox: King Kong $.50
:xbox: Enter the Matrix $.50
:xbox: Sega GT 2002/Jet Set Future combo disc $.25
:360: Fuzion Frenzy 2 $2

This sale had some really weird pricing. They also had Fable 2 for $17. Not sure what's going on there. I was hoping that the Matrix and King Kong were backwards compatible but no luck. [/QUOTE]

I have King Kong and Enter the Matrix on PS2 and Gamecube respectively, if you're interested in more cheapo fodder.

Edit: I just realized I left behind some gameboy advance systems today that were $8 apiece. Damn, damn.

Very crappy start to season here in Wisconsin . . . finally some finds to report:

GBsystemwithgames.jpg

This was marked $20 . . . I offered $10 and settled on $15 . . . I saw the Zelda, Tetris and DK games and knew they would make this profitable. I didn't see Pokemon Blue until I got home.

Maycrashgames.jpg

These were from 3 different sales . . . .50 each -- Crash Bandicoot day

MayGBGames.jpg

We were negotiating the price on these GBA games . . . I reached into my pocket and pulled out 7 quarters -- $1.75 was the price.

MayGCsystem.jpg

I almost skipped the sale that produced this cube and the following games . . .

maygcgames.jpg

The whole set was marked $35 . . . I bid $20. We settled at $25.

My favorite miss of the day. At one sale I was paying for a book but this one guy had a small pile of Harry Potter Lego sets. I really didn't get much of a look at them. The idiot says "I'm just buying these to sell on ebay." Never say this kind of BS!

Anyway . . . I think he paid about $15 for 7 sets (6 small and one larger). I had no idea about these but checking out fleabay suggests that he had well over $100 worth of Harry Potty. If I had seen these, I would have bought them with the intention of giving them to my kids . . .

Hit my first yard sale run of the year and picked up an NES with all wires and gun controller for $5. Only thing is the NES needs a Pin Card he said. Is that hard to fix?

Second yard sale found a good deal:
Playstation One with 2 controllers(one with joysticks, one without), like 11 crappy sports game, a Sega CD game (Night Trap I think), Parasite Eve greatest hits, and Sim city 2000. All for $10

if "pin card" is a new 72 pin connector then no its not that hard. you can buy them on ebay or amazon for cheap. the old one just has a couple screws holding it on if i remember correctly (its been awhile since i replaced one). sometimes just cleanin the pin connector and all the games is all a NES needs.

Thanks man, good to hear.

EDIT: Some guy at a yard sale wanted $45 for an N64, $36 for a Gameboy Advance, $30 for a Gameboy Color.

[quote name='jaydepps']Hit my first yard sale run of the year and picked up an NES with all wires and gun controller for $5. Only thing is the NES needs a Pin Card he said. Is that hard to fix?

[/QUOTE]

One guy I know (a used game dealer) suggests this:

Take a game cart and soak it with rubbing alcohol . . . put it in and pull it out of the system several times. Wipe off game's contacts and resoak with alcohol . . . put it in and pull it out . . . repeat this a number of times and the system should come around. He says this will work on almost any system.

I've done the pin replacement and it is a bit of a pain but not too hard.

You can get a brand new 72 pin for $12 at your local dealer shop or you can try to realign the one that's already in the system. You could try cleaning your games circuit boards but replacing the pin is best. Really easy process. I've done it several times. Just gotta be gentle with the motherboard. Shine a flashlight inside the system and see if the pins are crushed. If the pins aren't too damaged, you can bend them back up with a small watch screwdriver so they will make contact with the game circuit board again. There's videos on youtube showing how it's done.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm gonna try to get this system up an running this weekend.

Not sure if Thrift Stores are counted in the Yard Sale Thread, but went to a thrift store today and made a couple decent buys. Nothing too major. Bought Apocalypse now 2 disc special edition, Underworld 2 disc special edition, and Eureka Season 3 for $10 total. Bought Toy Story 2 N64 for $1, some weird halo things for $1, the Tool Undertow cd for $1, Daxter for the PSP for $3, and Linkin Park Meteora cd for $1.

72 pin connectors are usually around $6 each on ebay, its usually worth fixing the systems for that price. I am a girl and I have done the pin connector replacement several times, it is very easy. If you get the connectors from ebay they will send you an instruction sheet on how to install it.

Went yard sale hunting for the first time this year. I got two of the plug in TV games (Pac-Man and Frogger) each for $1. I get home and they don't work... oh well. At the same yard sale I asked if they had any other video games, and they told me they had tons in storage. I gave them my E-mail so they can update me on what they have.

Also went to a couple other ones, where people were telling me they sell video games on Ebay. So there was no way of haggling down the price. I tried and one of the guys just laughed at me and said he knew better... *awkward silence* then I left lol I just wanted two games for the price of one, i wasn't asking for a whole bundle of games for $10.

[quote name='SimpRgr8']Went yard sale hunting for the first time this year. I got two of the plug in TV games (Pac-Man and Frogger) each for $1. I get home and they don't work... oh well. At the same yard sale I asked if they had any other video games, and they told me they had tons in storage. I gave them my E-mail so they can update me on what they have.[/QUOTE]

Those things run on batteries, right? If so I assume you tried new batteries and cleaning/adjusting the battery contacts as necessary?

BTW some bastards were posting all kinds of insane video game yard sale ads on craigslist. One had pics of just stacks of NES, SNES, and N64 systems some in box with boxes of complete games, asking $.50 per cart or $1.00 per complete game. All the sales were bogus, as I figured they would be.

But I hit one sale and scored a few N64 and NES games for pretty cheap, $1 per NES games and $2.50 per N64 games. Highlights were Mario Party 2 and 3, Super Smash Bros., Zelda OoT and MM, and Megaman 3-5, Dragon Warrior 2, Chubby Cherub and Castlevania 3. Wanted $18.50 for them all haggled it down to $13.

This past weekend's finds (click for full-size pictures):

Small box of random stuff. Separating everything, we find:

Nintendo stuff: NES Zapper, Four Score, QuickShot, Game Genie w/book (missing cover), game sleeve, Wrecking Crew manual, R.C. Pro-Am manual

Sega stuff: Model 1 Genesis, 2 controllers, 16 games (cartridge only)
Oops: PSX RF unit, coax/antenna adapter thing

Random stuff: Bicycle poker chips (5 boxes), Samsung phone (?) charger, Sega Genesis model 2 power adapter

$5 for all

Walked up and saw this box right away with the Genesis sitting on top. I don't need another Genesis, so I dug around looking for some decent games. Found Sword of Vermilion, King's Bounty, and the Four Score, so I figured I'd ask how much for those. "How much do you think is fair?... A buck each?" I thought that sounded okay, so I started to pay, but the guy offered the whole box for $7. I countered with $5 to which he replied, "Done. Now it's your problem." :lol:

And he's right. Other than a couple of games and the Four Score, I really didn't need any of it. At all. I didn't even see everything that was in there until I got home and emptied out the box. Nothing amazing, but I couldn't resist dropping 2 bucks more to get everything else.

Netgear 85 Mbps Powerline Network Adapter Kit (new & sealed), $8

This was the find of the weekend for me. I've been wanting one of these for a couple months, but they're 100 bucks at retail. And it works beautifully. I was able to move my router from my living room to a more central location in the house. Beats the crap out of my previous solution, which was using an amplified antenna on my router for increased range. Anyone who's ever wondered about one of these, go for it!

Dreamcast games: Jet Grind Radio, Dave Mirra BMX, Test Drive V-Rally, $6 for all

GC Metroid Prime, Super Mario Sunshine, Worms Blast
PS2 Suikoden III, Xenosaga, everthing complete, $15 for all

Left behind about 10 more games, mostly Nicktoons-type stuff. Seller was asking $4 each originally, accepted $15 for the bunch.

GEN Pat Riley Basketball, Combat Cars, Arnold Palmer Tournament Golf, Tomy Lasorda Baseball, Revolution X, WWF Royal Rumble, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (Mega Hits Series)
SMS Reggie Jackson Baseball, all boxed games complete, $5 for all

For some reason, I have a soft spot for the old sports titles, and I like to pick them up whenever I see them. And I've said this before, but it's so true: I always seem to find duplicate games that I've been looking for, twice in a row. I found a cart-only Combat Cars last weekend (I think), and now I go and find a complete copy. Same thing happened with Dynamite Headdy last week.

360 Left 4 Dead 2 (complete), $10

Seller wouldn't budge any lower than 10 bucks, and that sounded like a good price (wasn't sure), so I bought it. At the time, I figured I'd get around to playing it, but now that it's home, I think I should've left it behind. Not really my type of game. I guess I'll give it a shot anyway.

Odds & ends:

DC Ascii fishing controller, $1
SMS controller (cable on the side), 50¢
BD Hulk, $4
N64 Donkey Kong 64, $1

PS2 God of War II promotional... thing, $1

Looks to be some kind of retail thing. Back when I used to work at Toys R Us, Sony would give us t-shirts, buttons, junk like that. I guess that's what this is. I'm not a big GoW fan, but it looked cool so I picked it up. The opening inside seems like it held more than a CD though, so it's probably missing something. Also, the disc is pretty scratched up, but for a dollar, whatever.

[quote name='karkyco']Those things run on batteries, right? If so I assume you tried new batteries and cleaning/adjusting the battery contacts as necessary?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and I got the Frogger one to show up on the screen, but it had a lot of static. As for the Pac-Man one, the metal things that hold the batteries, were in awful shape. I even tried to open them up, to see if there was anything I could do, but nothing worked.

If anyone wants them, just send me a PM.

Diablo With Manual
Diablo: Hellfire Expansion (CIJ)
Code Breaker Version 4 (Disc Only)
Diablo II Guide (Electronics Boutique SE Cover)

$2

Didn't see a price on any of this stuff so I offered $2

Double Dragon V: The Shadow Falls
Earthworm Jim
Lufia & The Fortress of Doom
Mega Man Soccer
Star Fox
Wolfenstein 3-D

$12

SNES games were 3 each offered 10 which was countered with 15 and I asked about meeting in the middle at 12 which was taken.

Xbox Handheld Game - Free

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (Complete) - $1 (IAP)

Ms Pac-Man Plug & Play - .50 (IAP)

Nintendo Wii Chain Chomp Happy Meal Toy (New) - .10

The Lost World Jurrasic Park
Road Rash 3-D
Twisted Metal 2

(All Complete) $2

Lot of Misc Atari Computer Stuff - $2

Pengo, Computer Chess carts, Tape Deck, Floppy Drive, 2x Atari Power Adapters, 30ish 5 1/4 Floppies (Some Legit, Some Bootleg) Some Misc Controllers & Lots of Other Random Misc Stuff

NES With Hookups, 3x Controllers, Game Genie & 37 Games - $50

NES With 2x Controllers, Hookups & 10 games (Solar Jetman With Manual & Adventures of Link (Gray, Boxed) - $20

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time / Master Quest (Boxed)
Super Mario Sunshine (Complete)
Rayman 3 (Complete)
Super Mario 64
15 SNES Games

$15

SNES with 2x Controllers, Hookups, 7 Games & Some Misc - $15

Non Finds BS -
Went to about 20 sales Friday & 60 sales or close to Saturday, lost count. Got to so many because of a good sized community sale, I'd guess about 35 from the CS.

From what I was told only missed out on a "Atari Set" at one house & about 7 SNES games at another. For the most part the over priced VG stuff was all a few current gen games at 2-3 sales (PS3, 360) ranging from a little too much for a YS at $20 to overpriced anywhere ($40 used $50 new)

Dealt with a guy that was rather strange and my bad Atari 2600 story of this year but in the end I ended up walking on a boxed 2600 with 18 games (some boxed/complete) a boxed NES with no AC 2 games & a few empty boxes (unfornately passing on a Tyson's PO box) as the guy was being a flake and was afraid of letting go of it for a penny less then what he figured it was worth thanks to a site called eBay.

Rainy here today but was able to pick up an official Xbox strategy guide for Halo 2, 50 cents at a garage sale on my way to work. Have to see what the weekend brings...

Here's my score for today.

Silver PSP-2000
3 UMD-only games: Go! Sudoku / PQ 2 / Ape Escape On the Loose
Accessories: 32MB Memory stick, official carrying case, GameStop brand charger

It's in absolutely perfect condition, not a scratch on it, and works perfectly. I paid $40, which isn't a huge deal, except I just sold my busted-ass PSP-1000 for $47 on ebay a few days ago.

@FOnewearl: Do you have a Supergameboy to go with that guide and manual?

[quote name='SimpRgr8']Yeah, and I got the Frogger one to show up on the screen, but it had a lot of static. As for the Pac-Man one, the metal things that hold the batteries, were in awful shape. I even tried to open them up, to see if there was anything I could do, but nothing worked.

If anyone wants them, just send me a PM.[/QUOTE]

Try sanding the battery contacts with a small nail file or small piece of sanding paper. It will remove all the crap on them, works very well for rusted contacts. I have saved a few games this way.

Its possible the AV cords on them are hosed as well, but usually if that is the case you will get power on the unit and no picture on the screen.

Jet Moto 2
LEGO Rock Raiders
Rayman 2: The Great Escape
Bag of Garbage Pail Kids

$5

Everything was IAP, not gaming related but I included the GPKs in the picture as it was my favorite find today and something I rarely ever see at yardsales.

Secret Codes For Consoles And Handhelds Book - .25 (IAP)

The Cat In The Hat (No Manual) - $1 (IAP)

Playstation 2 Slim With 2x 1st Party Controllers, Hookups (Power & RF), 1st Party Memory Card, & Grand Theft Auto San Andreas In The System - $10

Saw this late in the day marked $20, offered $10 which was taken. I didn't have a slim yet so I was a happy camper finding a deal on one.

Non Find BS -
Got out the door a little late Friday (8:15) but got to a lot of sales and was home just before 11 (just over 30 sales).

Nothing interesting today 3ish sales that mentioned an old system that they own (not selling) when I asked about games. Nothing metioned that I missed and nothing I can remember that was WAY overpriced. Everything I saw today was last gen, 360 and Playstation stuff today.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']@FOnewearl: Do you have a Supergameboy to go with that guide and manual?[/QUOTE]

Actually yes, yes I do ;)

[quote name='FOnewearl']
Everything was IAP, not gaming related but I included the GPKs in the picture as it was my favorite find today and something I rarely ever see at yardsales.[/QUOTE]
What does IAP stand for?

Going to go sailin' for the first time tomorrow. I've noticed most people say they find the majority of their stuff by asking..

Do you just ask the seller if they have any old video games? The CAG wiki is also dead so if anyone could just give me a couple tips it would be very appreciated

EDIT: Also, tips for buying on craigslist would also be very appreciated :p

[quote name='Porpoise King']Going to go sailin' for the first time tomorrow. I've noticed most people say they find the majority of their stuff by asking..

Do you just ask the seller if they have any old video games? The CAG wiki is also dead so if anyone could just give me a couple tips it would be very appreciated

EDIT: Also, tips for buying on craigslist would also be very appreciated :p[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is key, name what era of games you're looking for too, like SNES, Playstation, Dreamcast, etc. Do it everywhere you go, especially where there are twenty or thirty-somethings. Even if the yardsale has complete :puke:outside, asking will get you access to what the sellers might have inside.

I'm getting to the point where there's more local yardsales than what I can reach within one morning...it's been insane the last three weekends or so.

[quote name='Porpoise King']Going to go sailin' for the first time tomorrow. I've noticed most people say they find the majority of their stuff by asking..

EDIT: Also, tips for buying on craigslist would also be very appreciated :p[/QUOTE]

I agree completely with Indigo. Also if someone says they have it in storage, and won't be able to get it today, give them your E-mail.

Didn't do that well today. Went to about 15 sales around my town, including a small flea market. Got:

Bases Loaded 3 (NES) in sleeve + manual
Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES) manual only
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (N64) cart only
Dragon Ball Z Budokai (PS2)
Crash Twin Sanity (PS2)
Sonic Heroes (x2) (PS2)

TOTAL: $15.00

Also got a few non-video game related things not worth mentioning. All in all a OK day, I guess.

I went to 6 or 7 yard sales today. Most of them had shit, and one of them had like 10 things for sale. That's not even worth having a garage sale over! I did pass on a fat original DS that was scratched badly and didn't power on. It was $7. As well as Playstation games marked at $25 each. We were going home until we saw an unadvertised garage sale. We stopped to have a look. It was mostly shit until I saw this out of the corner of my eye:
oh77k8.jpg

A Playstation 1 with two controllers, a power cable, memory card, and a shitty game. It didn't have an AV or RF cable.

It was in the worst condition I've ever seen a video game console. It looked like they had wiped their ass with it!!! The bloody thing didn't even close! I offered them $1 for it and they acctually took it. The picture is a before picture. I took the thing apart and cleaned it inside and out. I've tested it and it looks and works like new. If anyone is intrested I'll get an after picture.

Went to a sale at the local high school.
You would think they would have good games or even any.
Nope all I found was a great book for $1.

[quote name='TiKi2']How many of you ask for video games at sales??
I use to ask all the time but I keep forgetting.[/QUOTE]

Usually, i will look on Craiglist for Garage sales and highlight the ones with video games. I haven't done it in a while but that was the protocol back in the days. It saves me time from asking random garage sales if they have games.

Community garage sale, hit all 50+ (cause a map was provided). Ended up with....

a dirty N64 with no controllers and Mario Kart 64 for $5. Nothing else video game related =P

Same place, got Clue 50th Anniversary edition for $3, and 1984 for $0.50 =P

2re6phi.png

Got this yesterday - $40
Silver PSP-2000 w/ 32MB Mem. Stick, GameStop brand AC adapter, carrying case
& 3 UMD-only games: PQ2, Go Sudoku, and Ape Escape on the Loose.

2q1f5sy.png

Random crap
Kingdom Hearts vol. 2 Manga - $.25 (got vol. 1 last year so that's cool)
Clear Game Boy Pocket & Clear Purple Game Boy Color - $7 (IAP $5 each)
GC Kirby Air Ride (Player's Choice) - $2
PS1 Eagle One Harrier Attack - $1

dztop3.png

Big Box PC games: WarCraft: Orcs & Humans, Grand Theft Auto, Ultima Collection - $2 each
Sam & Max: Bad Day on the Moon comic - $1

2dmflnc.png

Bushnell binoculars - $2
As ridiculous as it seems, I actually use binoculars to read garage sale signs. People are nuts, taking a 8x10 piece of orange oak tag and writing a damn essay about their sale in tiny print. Anyway, it seems crazy but having binoculars in the car helps. These are about ten times better than the ones I had before.

The other thing in the picture is an HP DVD840 external DVD burner w/ lightscribe. $3. I don't think the guy who sold it to me had a clue what it was but I will certainly get some use out of it.

Overall, decent week, but I can't seem to find any retro games lately.

bread's done
Back