Official 2011-2012 NBA Season thread

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Odom coming to Dallas and not NO is great. It means LA can go get Howard, which means that Deron Williams won't stay in NJ and will get lured back home by Cuban.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily.

Rumor the other day was that Howard wants to go to NJ and is refusing to sign a long-term deal with any team but NJ.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Not necessarily.

Rumor the other day was that Howard wants to go to NJ and is refusing to sign a long-term deal with any team but NJ.[/QUOTE]

They don't have the assets the Magic want. Brook Lopez and two late first round picks is not going to be enough. Dwight said he would go to LA, Dallas, or NJ, and LA is the only one with enough assets to trade for him.

We'll see. There are some rumors of the Magic getting Bynum and Gasol and the Lakers getting Howard, Nelson and Turkoglu.

I'd go for that. If it's just Bynum and picks or whatever, I'd go with Lopez and picks from NJ. Bynum is injury prone and overrated when healthy.

Though I don't like trading Nelson. Who's going to play point then with him gone and Arenas released? Chris Duhon?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Odom coming to Dallas and not NO is great. It means LA can go get Howard, which means that Deron Williams won't stay in NJ and will get lured back home by Cuban.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I'm not sure why he would want to go to Dallas next year, they'll just be an older team on the decline.

Never really liked the NBA much, but this year I decided to permanently throw my support behind to the 76ers (I have relatives in Philly and have liked the Phillies for years). They should be decent this year, but I'm not expecting much.

Jason Richardson resigned for 4 years $25 mil.

[quote name='dmaul1114']We'll see. There are some rumors of the Magic getting Bynum and Gasol and the Lakers getting Howard, Nelson and Turkoglu.

I'd go for that. If it's just Bynum and picks or whatever, I'd go with Lopez and picks from NJ. Bynum is injury prone and overrated when healthy.

Though I don't like trading Nelson. Who's going to play point then with him gone and Arenas released? Chris Duhon?[/QUOTE]
I don't see Nelson being dealt without some PG already signed. Like you said, there is no way they run with Duhon and ??? (not sure who would even be backup at that point).

When it is all said, I think NJ deals Lopez and some draft picks for Howard/Hedo. The rumor states they most likely use amnesty on Outlaw, which will open room to take Hedo.

Oh and I also will say Dallas has ZERO chance in getting him.

I'd like to see Howard in Chicago, but I would never want to completely gut our team to get him....which is exactly what it would take to get him. I personally am not a fan of him as he is a really dirty player, but I guess every team needs one of those. I hope New Jersey gets him so we don't screw our team chemistry up.

[quote name='Prepster']I'd like to see Howard in Chicago, but I would never want to completely gut our team to get him....which is exactly what it would take to get him. I personally am not a fan of him as he is a really dirty player, but I guess every team needs one of those. I hope New Jersey gets him so we don't screw our team chemistry up.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that the Bulls would need to gut the team for Howard. The deal would probably include Noah, Deng, probably another player and some draft picks. I would deal for Howard in a heartbeat because explosive centers like this are not available everyday. He also a fantastic defender. The Bulls defense would be scary if Howard was here with coach Thibodeau leading the charge. Get it done GarPax!!!

[quote name='docvinh']I dunno, I'm not sure why he would want to go to Dallas next year, they'll just be an older team on the decline.[/QUOTE]

D-Will is from The Colony. Coming home to play for a great owner might be high on his agenda.

So the league blocks the trade for paul cause stupid ass Cuban and Gilbert etc starting bitching and whining that they didnt like him going to a big market. Yet Paul to the clippers has been submitted to the nba which is uhh in the same big fucking market as the Lakers.

[quote name='renique46']So the league blocks the trade for paul cause stupid ass Cuban and Gilbert etc starting bitching and whining that they didnt like him going to a big market. Yet Paul to the clippers has been submitted to the nba which is uhh in the same big fucking market as the Lakers.[/QUOTE]
Yes but lets compare the fanbase (i.e. True market value)...

[quote name='renique46']So the league blocks the trade for paul cause stupid ass Cuban and Gilbert etc starting bitching and whining that they didnt like him going to a big market. Yet Paul to the clippers has been submitted to the nba which is uhh in the same big fucking market as the Lakers.[/QUOTE]

The Clippers offer if it includes Gordon is an unbelievable deal. Remember Minn pick is unprotected.

[quote name='dmaul1114']http://www.nba.com/magic/denton_involvement_121111.html

Apparently one of the main reasons Howard wants out is because he didn't think he was given enough say in personnel matters.[/QUOTE]
Sad to think this was his reason...

[quote name='kill3r7']The Clippers offer if it includes Gordon is an unbelievable deal. Remember Minn pick is unprotected. [/quote]
Gordon isn't part of the deal... it is Kaman, Bledsoe, Aminu, and the Minn unprotected draft pick (to a good 2012 class; potential top pick) for Paul.

[quote name='lordopus99']Sad to think this was his reason...

Gordan isn't part of the deal... it is Kaman, Bledsoe, Aminu, and the Minn unprotected draft pick (to a good 2012 class; potential top pick) for Paul.[/QUOTE]

Can't believe they got away with not including Gordon, guess it's not the worst deal ever.

[quote name='lordopus99']Sad to think this was his reason...

Gordon isn't part of the deal... it is Kaman, Bledsoe, Aminu, and the Minn unprotected draft pick (to a good 2012 class; potential top pick) for Paul.[/QUOTE]

What are you saying? Sad that this is why Howard wants out? If so what is sad about it? A superstar player wants superstars around him so he can win...he played hard through out his contract, he fulfilled his end of the bargain what more do you want from him?

I just disagree with this whole mentality that people should be forced or guilt them into staying with a team forever just because. Its a give and take, he is getting paid for his talents...getting paid his the least of Howards worries. They failed to keep him happy so now he wants to leave.

I dont understand why more teams do not take the OKC approach, they drafted a superstar and then did their research to find the best players that will fit the system. It didnt happen overnight (hell they didnt even exist a couple years ago) but now they are considered a threat to go deep into the playoffs. Its Cleveland all over again, you had 7 years with Howard who have you traded for or drafted that really has made an impact? Then it says that Smith was busy resiging J-Rich so he couldnt talk to Howard about his desire to leave......what the fuck is that shit and people ask why he wants to leave? Howard the single greatest center talent since Shaq and he is lower on the list than a well past his prime SG? If I was Howard I would be saying the exact same as LBJ said a year ago. I am taking my talents to.......

You can really see the difference in mentality when you compare OKC to other teams.

[quote name='docvinh']Can't believe they got away with not including Gordon, guess it's not the worst deal ever.[/QUOTE]
You got to ask yourself who starts at Center... Kaman going, Jordan signed to huge contract (42 mil for 4 years) at GS (will LA match if they can...), that leaves them with moving a PF to C and playing small.

Plus they give up a potential #1 to a good 2012 draft class. The upside can be real high with that pick.

[quote name='Soodmeg']What are you saying? Sad that this is why Howard wants out? If so what is sad about it? A superstar player wants superstars around him so he can win...he played hard through out his contract, he fulfilled his end of the bargain what more do you want from him?

I just disagree with this whole mentality that people should be forced or guilt them into staying with a team forever just because. Its a give and take, he is getting paid for his talents...getting paid his the least of Howards worries. They failed to keep him happy so now he wants to leave.

I dont understand why more teams do not take the OKC approach, they drafted a superstar and then did their research to find the best players that will fit the system. It didnt happen overnight (hell they didnt even exist a couple years ago) but now they are considered a threat to go deep into the playoffs. Its Cleveland all over again, you had 7 years with Howard who have you traded for or drafted that really has made an impact? Then it says that Smith was busy resiging J-Rich so he couldnt talk to Howard about his desire to leave......what the fuck is that shit and people ask why he wants to leave? Howard the single greatest center talent since Shaq and he is lower on the list than a well past his prime SG? If I was Howard I would be saying the exact same as LBJ said a year ago. I am taking my talents to.......

You can really see the difference in mentality when you compare OKC to other teams.[/QUOTE]
Otis Smith is a former player who takes a really active role in managing a team. When you allow Players to control teams, you have people looking out for their friends, whether they are great or not i.e. Shaq with Brian Shaw. Otis Smith has tried to bring in quality players, whether they panned out or not; he has tried. It has paid off to an extent; they have made the NBA Finals and have done fair in the playoffs for a couple years now. Just some numbers...
All previous season to being a Magic player...
- Rashard Lewis - 46.1%, 22.4pts, 6.6reb, 2.4ast, 1.1 stl, 0.7 blk
- Vince Carter - 43.7%, 20.8pts, 5.1reb, 4.7ast, 1 stl, 0.5 blk
- Jason Richardson - 47.0%, 19.3pts, 4.4reb, 1.4ast, 1.1stl, 0.1 blk
These are pretty good numbers... not scrubs.

It also doesn't include moves to bring in guys that played better than they really are...
- Hedo Turkoglu (Round 1)
- Mickael Pietrus
- Brandon Bass
- Ryan Anderson
- Trevor Ariza

That doesn't include two panned out draft picks i.e. Martin Gortat and JJ Redick.

The problem currently isn't about the quality of players. It is about coaching. What no one is allowed to rebound with Howard? What all players are forced to shoot outside jumpballs? What no one can pick for another player? This has been the Magic's problem winning a championship. Phoenix ran this offense for plenty of years and couldn't win so why could the Magic with a bunch of slashers at guards popping up for jumpshots at 3 point distance... at least during Phoenix's run they had true 3 point shooters on the wing...

Rashard Lewis would have been fine he if didn't sign for the max.

as for giving player a say in personnel matters, remember when Kobe wanted to trade Bynum for Jason Kidd?

I do agree that their play calling is horrid at worst and mind boggling at best but I fully disagree about quality players. Lewis will forever be remember has having THE WORST CONTRACT in the history of the NBA and basically kept them from getting any other players for the entire duration.

Also, and this is what I am talking about when I say you can see the difference between OKC and other teams...Lewis, Carter, J-Rich are basically all the same guy. They are all outside jump shooters that will drive every once and a while but are not known for pick and rolls, drive and dishes, etc. Do they really help out a Center? No. Hedo? Does he help out a center being a 6 foot 10 shooting guard? No he is another outside jumper shooter that cant create offense for other but can for himself. Pietrus is probably their best role player that fits the system has he can a basic all around guy, Bass is another solid role player.

The problem is one part coaching but 2 parts not picking quality guys to play IF you are trying to build around a center. You picked up guys who put up numbers but dont do anything to advance the team. If just scoring 20 a game got you a championship we wouldnt have only 5 teams every winning it because there are plenty of guys in the league who can put up 20. OKC picked guys who progressed their team because they fit into what KD does well...thats what I call building around a player.

All these years and you still dont have a high caliber PG who can run an offense...(why are you not talking about getting Billups right now pursuing him would have help in keeping Howard) you never got a solid starting PF (I like bass but he is solely a back up) You never had a solid SF either.My point I guess is that in 7 years you managed to build a team of shooting guards of various sizes. Just making moves for the sake of making moves (trade hedo trade back for hedo WTF) isnt enough as with the Cavs you never really found a why to progress the franchise and as a result your superstar is leaving.

Hindsight is 20/20 but you should have never had Lewis, pick either Carter OR J-Rich you dont need both they are the same player, the gimmick of having a 6ft 10 SG in Hedo wears off after a while. The bottom line for me is its ok to be shit if you have a long term goal. Yes you would have lost more games but you would have had the money to attract higher quality players in the long term.You had a defensive/rebounding C, where is your scoring PF? Where is your slashing SF, you have 8 jumpshooting SG, where is the drive and dish PG?

[quote name='62t']Rashard Lewis would have been fine he if didn't sign for the max.

as for giving player a say in personnel matters, remember when Kobe wanted to trade Bynum for Jason Kidd?[/QUOTE]

I dont understand, because that would have been a good trade. Bynum is pretty shitty and Jason Kidd still a HOF PG who can run a offense. Injury prone 7fters are a dime a trillion.

Pacers are now a legitimate threat in the east; maybe not for the championship yet but if they gel, definitely a threat in the playoffs. PG Darren Collision/George Hill SG OJ Mayo/Dahntay Jones (if the Memphis deal goes through, really dumb on the Grizzlies part) SF Danny Granger/Paul George PF David West/Tyler Hansbrough/Jeff Pendergraph C Roy Hibbert/Jeff Foster.

I'm guessing the OJ deal is about salary? Otherwise Memphis will be severely handicapped when it comes to perimeter shooters this year.

Also, I think the Clippers deal involves Gordon.

[quote name='ESPN, Chris Broussard']But the trade as presented has at least one stumbling block: The league, which owns the Hornets, wants the Clippers to add Eric Bledsoe to a package that already includes guard Eric Gordon, center Chris Kaman, forward Al-Farouq Aminu and Minnesota's unprotected 2012 first-round pick.
The deal would be done if the league hadn't asked for Bledsoe, according to one source close to the process.
The Los Angeles Times, citing two sources familiar with the discussions, reported late Sunday that the sides were working vigorously to complete the deal and that the Clippers would include Bledsoe but not Gordon.
Sources insisted to ESPN on Monday that Gordon remains in the trade and that the Clippers were hoping to keep his name from being reported because they will try to re-sign the shooting guard to an extension if the trade for Paul falls through.
[/QUOTE]

Edit: And the deal is off, Clippers say the league's asking price is too high.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Soodmeg']What are you saying? Sad that this is why Howard wants out? If so what is sad about it? A superstar player wants superstars around him so he can win...he played hard through out his contract, he fulfilled his end of the bargain what more do you want from him?

[/quote]

I don't have a problem with him wanting to leave if he's not happy. I just don't like players who want to be GMs and have a lot of say in personnel moves etc. The article has quotes from the GM saying he consulted Howard about moves etc., Howard is just pissed as they didn't always get the guy he wanted etc. If that's his attitude, then good riddance.

They made a lot of moves over the years to try and put a solid cast together. Some worked out, some didn't.

I'd put it more on coaching than players though. The only exception being never having a true banger at power forward--Bass was the closest, but he's undersized.

The main flaw was running so much of the offense through Howard who's just never going to be a first option, 25-30ppg type scorer, and doing little else beyond that but kickouts for threes.

[quote name='Soodmeg']
pick either Carter OR J-Rich you dont need both they are the same player,[/QUOTE]

They never had both. Carter was traded to Phoenix in the deal that brought J-Rich to Orlando. Was just a move to upgrade to a slightly younger player--but they mostly squandered that by just having him chuck three pointers and not attack the rim.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7345415/dwight-howard-rethinking-demand-trade-orlando-magic

Hmm. Now after meeting with the new Magic CEO and talking with new teammate Glen Davis, Howard is re-thinking his trade demand. Maybe he's been promised more involvement in personnel moves. Or maybe they're going to make a play for Chris Paul or something since the Lakers and Clippers deal fell through.

"If it is meant for me to stay here, I'll stay," Howard said.

"I love this city. There is no place I'd rather be but Orlando. I just want to make sure we have the right things here so we can win a championship. I'm all about change. If you're willing to change and you're willing to do what it takes to win then, you know, you got me."

[quote name='dmaul1114']I don't have a problem with him wanting to leave if he's not happy. I just don't like players who want to be GMs and have a lot of say in personnel moves etc. The article has quotes from the GM saying he consulted Howard about moves etc., Howard is just pissed as they didn't always get the guy he wanted etc. If that's his attitude, then good riddance.

They made a lot of moves over the years to try and put a solid cast together. Some worked out, some didn't.

I'd put it more on coaching than players though. The only exception being never having a true banger at power forward--Bass was the closest, but he's undersized.

The main flaw was running so much of the offense through Howard who's just never going to be a first option, 25-30ppg type scorer, and doing little else beyond that but kickouts for threes.

They never had both. Carter was traded to Phoenix in the deal that brought J-Rich to Orlando. Was just a move to upgrade to a slightly younger player--but they mostly squandered that by just having him chuck three pointers and not attack the rim.[/QUOTE]

Oh shit, I forgot he was traded for, thats my bad. It still goes with what I was saying and what you just said in the fact that they are still the same guy.

[quote name='dmaul1114']http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7345415/dwight-howard-rethinking-demand-trade-orlando-magic

Hmm. Now after meeting with the new Magic CEO and talking with new teammate Glen Davis, Howard is re-thinking his trade demand. Maybe he's been promised more involvement in personnel moves. Or maybe they're going to make a play for Chris Paul or something since the Lakers and Clippers deal fell through.[/QUOTE]

Unless they get a superstar (Glenn Davis doesnt have enough gusto to prevent anyone from doing anything..another gimmick player) I dont think Howard will still no matter what. Until they start talking about superstar PG like Williams, Paul, Billups etc...Howard is a ghost. I still dont blame him, he seems like he honestly doesnt want to leave but if they dont do whats right he is going to move on.

Honestly though, I'm not sure how much a better PG will make the team if Van Gundy just runs the same offense.

Nelson isn't a super star, but he's a decent scorer and has pretty good chemistry with Howard running the pick and roll etc.

If Van Gundy doesn't change the offense to allow more slashing by the guards, more screens to get the guards shot etc., then having a superstar PG wouldn't bump them up to championship level IMO.

Now the NBA rejected CP3 to the Clippers For PG Eric Gordan, C Chris Kaman, F Al-Farouq Aminu, and a 1st round pick(from Minnesota so a top 3 pick). I guess the NBA wanted to add Eric Blesoe.
This is ridiculous

[quote name='j.t']Now the NBA rejected CP3 to the Clippers For PG Eric Gordan, C Chris Kaman, F Al-Farouq Aminu, and a 1st round pick(from Minnesota so a top 3 pick). I guess the NBA wanted to add Eric Blesoe.
This is ridiculous[/QUOTE]

I think the Clippers rejected this one as they thought the asking price was too high, but pretty much same difference since the league put the request for those players in.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Oh shit, I forgot he was traded for, thats my bad. It still goes with what I was saying and what you just said in the fact that they are still the same guy.

Unless they get a superstar (Glenn Davis doesnt have enough gusto to prevent anyone from doing anything..another gimmick player) I dont think Howard will still no matter what. Until they start talking about superstar PG like Williams, Paul, Billups etc...Howard is a ghost. I still dont blame him, he seems like he honestly doesnt want to leave but if they dont do whats right he is going to move on.[/QUOTE]

Billups was waived, maybe Orlando is making a play for him.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']Billups was waived, maybe Orlando is making a play for him.[/QUOTE]

That would be a good pick up for sure. Give them a solid veteran PG to rotate with Nelson this year.

Hold on to Howard for a while and see if he becomes more willing to stay and maybe go hard after Paul or Deron Williams in the off season if they're not traded.

They should try to get Paul now--would have to be a multi-team deal though as they don't have enough to offer straight up given what the Clippers offered and still got shot down.

LOL noone is gonna want to deal with hornets now. League has literally prevented 4 (to a lesser extent 5) teams from trying to be better in the long run. Are they trying to force feed Lebron his ring.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I do agree that their play calling is horrid at worst and mind boggling at best but I fully disagree about quality players. Lewis will forever be remember has having THE WORST CONTRACT in the history of the NBA and basically kept them from getting any other players for the entire duration. [/quote]
Not denying the contract but at the time of when Lewis got his every team was throwing around money. Okur anyone???

Also, and this is what I am talking about when I say you can see the difference between OKC and other teams...Lewis, Carter, J-Rich are basically all the same guy. They are all outside jump shooters that will drive every once and a while but are not known for pick and rolls, drive and dishes, etc.[/quote]
Same guy huh...
Let's start with Lewis...
Last year in Seattle, he shot 387 3pts. First year in Orlando, he shot 553 3pts. In Seattle, he shot 315 FT. Orlando, he shot 260 FT. Why did I bring up FTs because it meant he actually drove the ball and got fouled when creating his own shot vs hawking the 3pt line exclusively. A video showing stuff Lewis never did in Orlando.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw-rTSH-G7k

Now let's go to Carter...
Last year in NJ, he shot 410 FT. Orlando, he shot 306 FT. Vince would settle for layups and wouldn't slash but once in a million. In NJ, he would dunk and slash all the time in addition to the 3s. The difference is he didn't hawk the 3pt line.

As for Richardson, sure he is practically the same player as he once was. But as for the other two, they changed to fit the Van Gundy system, which is for the guards/forwards to stand and shoot 3s. Fun Fact: about every player who got added to the Magic increased the amount of 3pointers they shot and their FT attempts went down. Weird huh...

Do they really help out a Center? No.
How? They shoot 3pts all game and allow Dwight to rebound/put back exclusively. Nelson/Hedo have run a high pick and roll for him for years. Remember the first year when Bass would try to play downlow. Each year he slowly moved further and further away from the basket.

All these years and you still dont have a high caliber PG who can run an offense...
Nelson is solid enough to carry this team. Well if Howard leaves to a NJ and plays with Williams we can see how your theory holds up. ;)

Just making moves for the sake of making moves (trade hedo trade back for hedo WTF) isnt enough as with the Cavs you never really found a why to progress the franchise and as a result your superstar is leaving.
If our superstar leaves, I guarantee we will not be shambles like Cleveland because the pieces are better than you think.

You had a defensive/rebounding C, where is your scoring PF? Where is your slashing SF, you have 8 jumpshooting SG, where is the drive and dish PG?
Brandon Bass shot 51.5% last year. How is he not a capable scorer?

So what you are saying Lord is that all of the player they brought in changed their game to fit SVG system of shooting 3s and that would also go with what Dmaul is saying about the coaching being more of a problem than the players.

Hmmm, I guess I will have to agree as all of that makes perfect sense.

On the other notes though, shooting 3s doesnt really help a rebounding center because it makes him chase balls around like a 2 dolla hoe. Its harder to rebound and get position when you have shots from 24 feet clanking off the rim in random directions. IMO

I think my view of the pieces are are lower than what you think so maybe that is fueling my basis against them. I agree that you will not be in shambles though..you would be more of a And 1 team :lol:. I like Brandon Bass but I would leave him off my list scoring threats.

I do really like the Magic though I hope all works out for them.

CP3 deal with the Clippers has resumed talks... after the Clippers won the amnesty bid on Billups and are reported to have matched the Warriors offer for Deandre Jordan.

WTF.

Holy shit balls Billups is not going to want to play for the Clippers. He said he wanted to play for someone who could win now....the clippers havent won ever.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Holy shit balls Billups is not going to want to play for the Clippers. He said he wanted to play for someone who could win now....the clippers havent won ever.[/QUOTE]

I think the Clippers can come out of the West as an 8th seed. With the additions of Caron Butler and Chauncy Billups, these moves could do wonders for the Clips as long as Caron can stay healthy.

Billups told everyone that he would just retire if he didn't want to go to the team that gets him from amnesty, but is he really going to retire with $14.2 million sitting on the table? I know he says that he has saved a ton and he doesn't need it, but still leaving that much when he will not get a contract that big again?

And what if CP3 ends up on the Clippers, does that help his decision or is that irrelevant? Clips seem to think CP3 and Billups can play 1 and 2.

Man the Mavs are old. Vince Carter (13 years) and Delonte West (8 years) have been acquired.

PG Kidd (17 years) / Terry (12 years)
SG Carter (13 years)
SF Odom (12 years) / Matrix (12 years)
PF Dirk (13 years)
C Haywood (10 years)

Dude Kwame Brown signs a 7 million dollar 1 year deal. He has made over 60 million in his career. fuck you NBA owners....clearly you didnt even understand the point of your own lockout. STOP SIGNING BUMS TO LARGE CONTRACTS!!!

[quote name='Soodmeg']Dude Kwame Brown signs a 7 million dollar 1 year deal. He has made over 60 million in his career. fuck you NBA owners....clearly you didnt even understand the point of your own lockout. STOP SIGNING BUMS TO LARGE CONTRACTS!!![/QUOTE]

Deals like that were why I was on the players side the whole time. It was just a cash grab by the owners. Nothing fundamental is changing. They just wanted to be rewarded financially for making terrible decisons by sticking their hands in the players pockets.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Dude Kwame Brown signs a 7 million dollar 1 year deal. He has made over 60 million in his career. fuck you NBA owners....clearly you didnt even understand the point of your own lockout. STOP SIGNING BUMS TO LARGE CONTRACTS!!![/QUOTE]

Most of it was due to him being number 1 pick. Last year he just made the vet minim.

[quote name='62t']Most of it was due to him being number 1 pick. Last year he just made the vet minim.[/QUOTE]

No it wasn't. Rookies have had their salary capped for ages. He also signed when rookie deals were shorter.

[quote name='dmaul1114']http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...serious-talks-get-orlando-magic-dwight-howard

New Dwight Howard trade rumor involves the Nets and Trailblazers.

Magic would get Gerald Wallace and Brook Lopez, Nets get Howard, Turkoglu and Duhon, Blazers get draft picks.[/QUOTE]
If Howard wants out, this would be a nice return for sure. Granted Otis is under the impression he now wants to stay.

This is what I hope the Magic do... force him to a new contract and if he doesn't accept then move him. The everyday mind changes is worrisome.

That's apparently dead per my post above yours.

I wasn't big on it. Not sure what Gerald Wallace brings to the team that they don't already have in Jason Richardson, or had before in Pietrus.

[quote name='dmaul1114']That's apparently dead per my post above yours.

I wasn't big on it. Not sure what Gerald Wallace brings to the team that they don't already have in Jason Richardson, or had before in Pietrus.[/QUOTE]

Defense and rebounding.

bread's done
Back