Official 2011-2012 NBA Season thread

Chris Paul to the Clippers for G Eric Gordon, C Chris Kaman, F Al-Farouq Aminu, this years 1st round pick plus TWO future 1st round picks. Damn that alot for CP3. Being in the LA area I'm look forward to watching the Clipper. DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin with CP3. Now hopefully the Lakers get Dwight(unlikely but im hopeful) and LA sport scene is look great next year. Angels getting Pujols, USC coming off probation(we see if matt barkley stays), and per usually the Lakers are contender. Good year

[quote name='j.t']Chris Paul to the Clippers for G Eric Gordon, C Chris Kaman, F Al-Farouq Aminu, this years 1st round pick plus TWO future 1st round picks. Damn that alot for CP3. Being in the LA area I'm look forward to watching the Clipper. DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin with CP3. Now hopefully the Lakers get Dwight(unlikely but im hopeful) and LA sport scene is look great next year. Angels getting Pujols, USC coming off probation(we see if matt barkley stays), and per usually the Lakers are contender. Good year[/QUOTE]

Lakers need to give up Gasol AND Bynum. That team, with a horrible cast besides (aging) Kobe Bryant and Howard, will "contend" but won't be favorites.

The Clipper bandwagon in LA is going to skyrocket though. Should be fun seeing Clipper flags mixed in with the LAL ones now.

[quote name='kill3r7']It looks like the CP3 deal is going to happen... Gordon, Kaman, Aminu and Minny's first.[/QUOTE]

Seems like too much to me, but maybe Gordon won't pan out. Even then, CP3 better be a monster.

LOL gg small market owners, La market is still the La market regardless of Donald Sterlings attempts to outdo Al Davis in the past.

For some of these contracts, one thing to bear in mind is the salary cap floor has been raised as well. Teams are required to spend more this season than in years past, or else they end up splitting what they didn't spend between the players on the roster. This might be why Kwame Brown got $7 million or why Baron Davis hasn't been amnesty'd yet.

[quote name='docvinh']Seems like too much to me, but maybe Gordon won't pan out. Even then, CP3 better be a monster.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Stern looks like a genius today.

[quote name='gravel']For some of these contracts, one thing to bear in mind is the salary cap floor has been raised as well. Teams are required to spend more this season than in years past, or else they end up splitting what they didn't spend between the players on the roster. This might be why Kwame Brown got $7 million or why Baron Davis hasn't been amnesty'd yet.[/QUOTE]

Davis was just amnestied. I hope the Knicks get him.

[quote name='kill3r7']Davis was just amnestied. I hope the Knicks get him.[/QUOTE]

He's also out 8-10 weeks now. If he goes to a team that keeps him motivated and in shape, that would be good for him. He has to make it through the amnesty process first.

Travis Outlaw just made out like a bandit. New Jersey signed him to a five year, thirty five million dollar deal last year and now they amnesty him. This is another instance that displays why I sided with the players. They just spent 35 million dollars on a guy to play one season when everyone and their mother told them it was a terrible deal from the start.

[quote name='kill3r7']It looks like the CP3 deal is going to happen... Gordon, Kaman, Aminu and Minny's first.[/QUOTE]

This story makes me even more sad Gordon was put in that deal. Hope he does well in NO.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Travis Outlaw just made out like a bandit. New Jersey signed him to a five year, thirty five million dollar deal last year and now they amnesty him. This is another instance that displays why I sided with the players. They just spent 35 million dollars on a guy to play one season when everyone and their mother told them it was a terrible deal from the start.[/QUOTE]

OKC might place a bid for him. The Outlaw deal wasn't all that bad... The Nets need the cap space in case the Howard trade happens. Outlaw is overpaid about 2 mil a season.

[quote name='Twilight Sparkle']This story makes me even more sad Gordon was put in that deal. Hope he does well in NO.[/QUOTE]

I think he's a great player with a bright future, at worst, he gets to hang out in a pretty cool city for a while.:)

[quote name='Matt Young']DirecTV has NBA Season Pass free from now through January 8. I get to watch the Bulls/Pacers preseason game this afternoon! :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't think the free pass started until the beginning of the season.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't think the free pass started until the beginning of the season.[/QUOTE]
Where do you get it? or does it just unlock it?

Celtics' Jeff Green out for season with heart condition, will have surgery to correct the issue. Expected to resume career next year.

Sad news, glad they caught it and avoided another tragedy.

So Barom Davis was amnestied and no other teams picked him up. I believe the 8-10 weeks for his bad back is a bunch of bs to scare other teams. Chris Broussard has come out and stated that B Diddy is going to sign with the Knicks tomorrow.

B Diddy, Fields, Melo, Stat and Chandler with Iman, Jordan, Douglas and Bibby of the bench.

I can live with that.

Alot of Rumors of Arenas wanting to go to NY.

[quote name='YKRG2013']So Barom Davis was amnestied and no other teams picked him up. I believe the 8-10 weeks for his bad back is a bunch of bs to scare other teams. Chris Broussard has come out and stated that B Diddy is going to sign with the Knicks tomorrow.

B Diddy, Fields, Melo, Stat and Chandler with Iman, Jordan, Douglas and Bibby of the bench.

I can live with that.

Alot of Rumors of Arenas wanting to go to NY.[/QUOTE]

Personally I want one or the other not both since they'll take time away from shumpert. Ideally I was hoping we would land Murphy but he ended up with the Lakers.

Really hate the CP3 Clippers deal. I feel like pretty much everybody came out a loser in that situation. I highly doubt Paul wants to play for the Clippers, regardless of his championship chances. (Which I still don't think they have, I don't see them matching up well against the depth of the Blazers, length of OKC, and Mavs' perimeter D) This is probably another 2-3 years away from Paul's prime and championship chances. Clippers paid FAR too much (EG was arguably the 2nd best SG in the West with Roy constantly injured), and Chris Kaman, who is pretty solid in todays center depleted league, for what's essentially a rental of Paul. What I feel a lot of people aren't considering is how this affects the development of DeAndre Jordan and Blake. Not a well kept secret those two are pretty lacking when it comes to any semblance of a mid-range game, and Paul's only gonna encourage their dependency on alley-oops and dunks. Hornets needed Paul more than anything as a community figure, and the fans can no longer even look forward to the average 7-8 seed playoff games.

[quote name='RealDeals']Really hate the CP3 Clippers deal. I feel like pretty much everybody came out a loser in that situation. I highly doubt Paul wants to play for the Clippers, regardless of his championship chances. (Which I still don't think they have, I don't see them matching up well against the depth of the Blazers, length of OKC, and Mavs' perimeter D) This is probably another 2-3 years away from Paul's prime and championship chances. Clippers paid FAR too much (EG was arguably the 2nd best SG in the West with Roy constantly injured), and Chris Kaman, who is pretty solid in todays center depleted league, for what's essentially a rental of Paul. What I feel a lot of people aren't considering is how this affects the development of DeAndre Jordan and Blake. Not a well kept secret those two are pretty lacking when it comes to any semblance of a mid-range game, and Paul's only gonna encourage their dependency on alley-oops and dunks. Hornets needed Paul more than anything as a community figure, and the fans can no longer even look forward to the average 7-8 seed playoff games.[/QUOTE]
I don't see why CP3 wouldn't want to sign an extension (other than Donald Sterling). He is in a big market with good young players on his team. I just wish that the Clippers didn't give up Eric Gordon to get him. Imagine a team w/ CP3, Eric Gordon, Butler, Blake, and Jordan. That is a very good team.

[quote name='gbpackers94']I don't see why CP3 wouldn't want to sign an extension (other than Donald Sterling). He is in a big market with good young players on his team. I just wish that the Clippers didn't give up Eric Gordon to get him. Imagine a team w/ CP3, Eric Gordon, Butler, Blake, and Jordan. That is a very good team.[/QUOTE]

I think Sterling is enough of a reason not to sign an extension.

[quote name='gbpackers94']I don't see why CP3 wouldn't want to sign an extension (other than Donald Sterling). He is in a big market with good young players on his team. I just wish that the Clippers didn't give up Eric Gordon to get him. Imagine a team w/ CP3, Eric Gordon, Butler, Blake, and Jordan. That is a very good team.[/QUOTE]

Frankly and simply, because it's the Clippers. Not exactly what Paul had in mind when he was thinking LA ;)

[quote name='docvinh']I think Sterling is enough of a reason not to sign an extension.[/QUOTE]

I give it a year before he calls one of them a $$$$er. Being racist in a sport that is 80 percent black is just insane. He is going to find some way to fuck it up.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I give it a year before he calls one of them a $$$$er. Being racist in a sport that is 80 percent black is just insane. He is going to find some way to fuck it up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, plus heckling your own players? I would "accidently" throw a ball in his face. There is something wrong with that guy.

I am loving what the Knicks have done this off season. All of the Knicks Fans were saying hold onto the Amnesty for Stat if needed down the road or Amnesty Balkman for next year to sign CP3. Once it came quite evident that the Knicks weren't going to get CP3. Front Office Got creative and Amnestied Billups and that lead to the trade for Tyson Chandler. Then they got lucky and B Diddy became available.

Davis and Chandler compared to Turiaf and Billups is a huge upgrade.

[quote name='YKRG2013']I am loving what the Knicks have done this off season. All of the Knicks Fans were saying hold onto the Amnesty for Stat if needed down the road or Amnesty Balkman for next year to sign CP3. Once it came quite evident that the Knicks weren't going to get CP3. Front Office Got creative and Amnestied Billups and that lead to the trade for Tyson Chandler. Then they got lucky and B Diddy became available.

Davis and Chandler compared to Turiaf and Billups is a huge upgrade.[/QUOTE]

Baron Davis is considered an upgrade over Billups?

[quote name='themaster20000']As good as Billups is,he wouldn't last the season in Mike D'Antoni's system.[/QUOTE]

Possibly true, but I really don't think Baron Davis is going to do much better. He's generally fat, lazy, and out of shape everywhere he goes.

Billups showed nothing in his couple of months with the Knicks. One injury after another and played slow. Baron Davis showed flashes of taking games over if needed which Billups never showed. Both are past their prime but at least Davis is younger, wants to be in NY and still has gas left in the tank. Davis on the Cavs beat the Knicks by himself and Davis helped the Cavs beat the Heat last year.

Plus, the Knicks getting rid of Billups and Turiaf lead to Davis and Chandler.

Davis and Chandler is a huge upgrade over Turiaf, Rautins and Billups

[quote name='docvinh']Possibly true, but I really don't think Baron Davis is going to do much better. He's generally fat, lazy, and out of shape everywhere he goes.[/QUOTE]

Eh, fat Baron really only showed up when he got to the Clippers. I can understand that too seeing as he signed a contract after being recruited by Brand and then watched Brand head to Philly.

Plus the Knicks only signed him to a 1 year 2.5 million dollar deal. Low Risk and High Reward. He can be the place holder while the Knicks can see what they have in Imam Shumpert or until they can go after Nash next year.

Steve Novak to the Knicks. A 50 percent plus 3 point shooter who has shot 44 percent for his career. Pringles must be kiddy.

Glad the Bulls won both games. Rip Hamilton will be a massive help to my team. We can beat the Heat.

I am glad the Clippers got CP3 (I did not want him to end up on the Lakers). They have an awesome team and wish them the best.

[quote name='YKRG2013']Pringles must be kiddy.[/QUOTE]

Pringles are the chip that comes in a can! That's some grown-up shit, son.

[quote name='YKRG2013']Steve Novak to the Knicks. A 50 percent plus 3 point shooter who has shot 44 percent for his career. Pringles must be kiddy.[/QUOTE]

This is wildcpac, in case anyone was wondering.

Season begins in two days, let's hear predication.
Miami Heat vs LA Lakers in finale. Miami wins championship.Finally seeing Kobe vs LeBron in final.
Kevin Durant wins MVP.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back