Official 2011-2012 NBA Season thread

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Delonte is going to get paid in the offseason. Dude has been straight up fucking sick this year.[/QUOTE]

Good. I wished Boston would have resigned him, and I'm happy he's with another contender and is proving he's a good piece to have. He plays the game the right way: hard, 100% effort all the time.

Hell of a game from Dwight Howard last night. 45 points and 23 rebounds. Set an NBA record with 39 FT attempts (made 21), and is the only active player to record a 40 pt/20 board game.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Hell of a game from Dwight Howard last night. 45 points and 23 rebounds. Set an NBA record with 39 FT attempts (made 21), and is the only active player to record a 40 pt/20 board game.[/QUOTE]

And they still barely managed to beat a Warriors team playing without Curry.

Yep, but a win is a win. Especially a road game on the opposite coast.

Plus hard to get any kind of offensive rhythm going when they're hacking Howard all the time. A lot of the fouls where when he didn't even have the ball.

So that led to a lot of 0 and 1pt possessions since he missed so many foul shots.

15-26 third quarter. Crazy bi-polar play from Boston. I'm not liking our season so far with this kind of play, but if we get the W, I won't complain.

On a different note, a few of these calls/no-calls/wrong calls are getting pretty ridiculous. Its getting old, fast.

Edit: Back on topic of the Chicago/Boston game, I'm liking Pietrus so far. Never thought I'd be thinking that.

Edit 2: Saw that ending coming. Not liking the 4-6 start...

Last edited by a moderator:
Man Lakers looked terrible on offense the last couple of game. It fucking stupid Coach Brown fault imo. u sucked.
great game from Clippers and Wolves. Ricky Rubio is a star! Kevin Love hits the game-winning.

Orlando is off to a great start so far. 11-4, tied with the Heat for first in the division.

Hope they keep it up and Howard realizes the trades he wants would mostly put him on lesser teams.

Him and Williams on the Nets are nothing special as the supporting cast sucks. Lakers with him and Kobe, minus Gasol and Bynum? Same story.

Clippers maybe could be better, but I don't think they have enough pieces they'd be willing to part with to entice the Magic--but maybe in some multi-team deal.

If I were, Howard I'd just ride out this season with the Magic by refusing to sign anywhere, and give Orlando a chance to try to make some moves in the off season. i.e. if they can land Deron Williams as a free agent or a sign and trade, while keeping key players like Anderson and Redick, Orlando would be a title contender instantly.

If Orlando can't land him, then he can go where ever as a free agent. Maybe he and Williams can pair up in Dallas and try to win a title or two before Dirk is done.

It's a risk for the Magic, but the fact is if he leaves they're not a title team in the near future anyway as none of the trades mentioned bring anywhere near equal value. So I'd hold on to him and try to pick up Williams in the off season to get him to stay. If he walks, then its time to start over from scratch. Since he's refusing to sign with all but a few top teams, they probably can't get any high draft picks via trade to help with the rebuilding process anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Invicta 61']Ahhhhh, fixied![/QUOTE]

Nice the're under 500 20-24 with melo while denver is 30-12 so far

[quote name='j.t']Nice the're under 500 20-24 with melo while denver is 30-12 so far[/QUOTE]

That's pretty crazy if you think about it. Kind of glad Melo and Williams are getting a good serving of shit pie after forcing trades.

[quote name='advanced']That's pretty crazy if you think about it. Kind of glad Melo and Williams are getting a good serving of shit pie after forcing trades.[/QUOTE]

This. Shows the grass isn't always greener, just the money.

[quote name='docvinh']This. Shows the grass isn't always greener, just the money.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Hoping those experience, and the Magic playing well, causes Howard to realize that as well.

Magic/Celtics was ugly (for the Magic) tonight. 24% shooting for the Magic and the Celtics tied a franchise record in lowest points allowed (56). Next game for the C's is Thursday against the Magic. Should be fun.

Yeah, that was just a dreadful performance from the entire Magic team last night.

Thankfully it didn't start a funk as they bounced back with a 102-83 win at Indiana tonight.

LOL Orlando Tragic strikes again about to lose to a undermanned Boston team twice this blowing a huge lead just trade Howard now there record wont get them anywhere

Yeah, I was traveling and checked the score when I got off a plane and the Magic were up big at the half. By the time I got home and remembered to turn it on they were down three. Crazy.

Howard is as much to blame as anyone for these to games though. 6/12 from the field (4-8 Fts) for 16 points last night, and 4/15 (10/18 FTs) for 18 points in the first meeting. He's been even more inconsistent on offense than usual this year, guess that's not surprising with the trade demands.

[quote name='Twilight Sparkle']I stopped watching when the Celtics were down by 27. Guess I missed a helluva comeback.[/QUOTE]

Yes. And a helluva KG interview too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=a0sDIlcQqGU

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, I was traveling and checked the score when I got off a plane and the Magic were up big at the half. By the time I got home and remembered to turn it on they were down three. Crazy.

Howard is as much to blame as anyone for these to games though. 6/12 from the field (4-8 Fts) for 16 points last night, and 4/15 (10/18 FTs) for 18 points in the first meeting. He's been even more inconsistent on offense than usual this year, guess that's not surprising with the trade demands.[/QUOTE]

The foul trouble killed Howard in the game. KG's defense on D12 was good, but if it weren't for the foul trouble, I'm pretty sure it'd have been a different game.

Roddy B has been a beast tonight. I hope he can continue to build on nights like tonight. Lamar has looked good as well. Also the fucking matrix has been sick this season. He has to be up for 1st or 2nd team all defense.

The Magic are a shitty team with a shitty coach that run a shitty gameplan. They have been lucky all the way up until now that this didnt show through.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Dallas absolutely blew a game they had locked up. Props to San Antonio for shooting lights out.[/QUOTE]

Celtics handed the Cavs a game tonight too.

Did Dallas end up pulling Odom for condition work like they did with Dirk?

[quote name='advanced']Celtics handed the Cavs a game tonight too.

Did Dallas end up pulling Odom for condition work like they did with Dirk?[/QUOTE]

No. Odom played well in the last game he played (had 19 points).

I can't believe Dallas pulled that game out. JET Terry and VC held it down.

[quote name='dmaul1114']http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/stor...-magic-dwight-howard-ok-playing-chicago-bulls

Looks like Howard has added the Bulls to the list of teams he'd play for.

I never understood why he wasn't interested in them as that's probably the one team that has the pieces to work a trade and be an instant title favorite with Howard this year. Unlike say the Lakers if they have to give up Bynum and Gasol to get him.[/QUOTE]
It wouldn't be as good as the Magic can provide. A trade would potentially lose Noah, Deng, and Gibson. These are guys are a big reason to the Bulls success. If I were the Bulls, I wouldn't deal for him.

These athletes need to look at the Melo situation. The grass isn't greener on the other side.
NY - 7-13
Denver - 14-6

Only time will tell where the Howard situation goes.

[quote name='lordopus99']It wouldn't be as good as the Magic can provide. A trade would potentially lose Noah, Deng, and Gibson. These are guys are a big reason to the Bulls success. If I were the Bulls, I wouldn't deal for him.

These athletes need to look at the Melo situation. The grass isn't greener on the other side.
NY - 7-13
Denver - 14-6

Only time will tell where the Howard situation goes.[/QUOTE]

That's definitely true. I don't think the Bulls would part with Deng. So maybe something like Noah, Gibson and Asik. Maybe sub in Brewer for Gibson.

Bulls would probably be better with Rose, Howard, Boozer, Hamilton etc. And it's a decent return for Orlando with getting Noah to keep a great post defender and rebounder and a servicable center in Asik. Would force them to run a more guard oriented offense which could improve the offense with guys like Richardson, Redick and Nelson doing more than spotting up for kick out 3s.

Screw getting Howard on the bulls. Let some other team take his sorry ass. How can the magic fans actually cheer for this guy now?

Oh I'd love him go to the Nets and be stuck on a crappy team that has no one but him and Williams.

But I also want the Magic to get some decent players in return. With the Nets it's hoping that Lopez heals and plays well and that the Magic get a high draft pick and make a good selection. Which is a big risk.

Teams like the Bulls and Lakers would give Howard a better chance to compete, which sucks, but at least the Magic could get a decent return with players like Bynum, Gasol, Noah etc.

Man there are some haters in this thread. The dunk was sweet, yeah people should hate Howard he is only the best C in the league and is the only one on that team worth a damn.

I love how all athlete are expected to be robots, like you have never flip flop on a very important decision in your life. The guy clearly wanted to stay in Orlando but also felt they were never going to do anything to further what they had now (just like the Cavs) the guy has done very little wrong. He isnt holding the team hostage like certain other players he seemed to have tried his hardest to stay and it didnt work out so me demand a trade which is the only other option a player has.

[quote name='lordopus99']It wouldn't be as good as the Magic can provide. A trade would potentially lose Noah, Deng, and Gibson. These are guys are a big reason to the Bulls success. If I were the Bulls, I wouldn't deal for him.

NY - 7-13
Denver - 14-6

Only time will tell where the Howard situation goes.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm sure it's all Melo's fault and it has nothing to do with the fact that the knicks don't have a serviceable pg on the roster (sans Davis). Denver was a better team than the Knicks prior to trading Melo and continue to be so post Melo. They got some great, cheap talent in return for him. Ulimately, Melo wanted to be closer to home. You can't knock a guy for that.

Howard's case is completely different, because over the last two years the Magic have failed to surround him with great players (not for lack of trying...very similar to the Cavs). He wants to win really badly and like LBJ will seek out other stars to help him. This speaks more to the fortitude of today's top athletes than anything else.

IMO the trade to Chicago works for both teams but as a Knicks fan I much rather not see it happen.

[quote name='kill3r7']Yep, I'm sure it's all Melo's fault and it has nothing to do with the fact that the knicks don't have a serviceable pg on the roster (sans Davis). Denver was a better team than the Knicks prior to trading Melo and continue to be so post Melo. They got some great, cheap talent in return for him. Ulimately, Melo wanted to be closer to home. You can't knock a guy for that.

Howard's case is completely different, because over the last two years the Magic have failed to surround him with great players (not for lack of trying...very similar to the Cavs). He wants to win really badly and like LBJ will seek out other stars to help him. This speaks more to the fortitude of today's top athletes than anything else.

IMO the trade to Chicago works for both teams but as a Knicks fan I much rather not see it happen.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I dont understand the instant hate toward certain players. The guy gave them what? 6 years or so now? What more do you want from him? Again, he is only the best player on the team and has been for a while, the only one who does is job on a night to night basis.

Hell I feel sorry for him because if you take off your hatershades you can clearly see he wanted to say but he wanted to be a champion even more. Hell you could track his mood by his interviews, some days you could tell that they just promised him something and he was very proud to say he was staying then the next minute he would want out like they just reneged on whatever they promised.

Classic break up...you love the girl but its clearly she is bad for ya.

[quote name='kube00']Its seems NY has trouble on defense these days[/QUOTE]

The Knicks haven't played a lick of defense since 12/8/01.

The way the team is set up is retarded. You have a traditional SF (a non Point Forward) and a traditional PF. No real SG, no real PG, a defensive center and no one off the bench.

Of course they they suck.

[quote name='kill3r7']Yep, I'm sure it's all Melo's fault and it has nothing to do with the fact that the knicks don't have a serviceable pg on the roster (sans Davis). [/QUOTE]

No, that was the point.

When a super star demands a trade, the team they're going to has to give up a lot to get them. Then they end up in a worse situation than they were in as they don't have the supporting cast needed to be a top team.

I said that last year when the trade happened the Knicks were going to struggle as they just don't have much other than Melo and Amare. Just like if Dwight get's his top preference trade to the Nets. They won't have shit but him and Williams, and will be even worse than the Magic have been.

Stars really have two options to get on a title contending team.

1. Pressure their current team to make moves to get players to help them.

2. Leave as a free agent like LeBron and Bosh did so they can go to a team without that team having to trade current stars or key role players to get them.

It's not hating on Melo or Dwight. It's just saying that forcing a trade isn't likely to get them on better teams as teams have to give up too much to get a superstar.

Think how much better then Knicks would be Melo had just waited and signed as a free agent in the off season and they thus still had Galinari and some of the others they traded to get Melo

bread's done
Back