Official Amazon Quick Picks FAQ - READ 1st POST

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Cool, if anyone is looking for this joystick I suggest saying you own the Xbox 360 Real Arcade Pro. EX as I honestly do own one and I get gold boxed every joystick known to man... (that amazon sales. ;) )[/QUOTE]

Hate to be a NEWB but how do I put that I own an item .... DO I just write a review for it ?

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Hate to be a NEWB but how do I put that I own an item .... DO I just write a review for it ?[/QUOTE]

It's mentioned under Step Two of the first post.

So does it hurt your chances to be honest about titles you really do own? Or should I mark everything but what I'm looking to get as "not interested"?

EDIT: Also, why won't the "Don't use for recommendations" feature work after you hit save and continue?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='warmsignal']So does it hurt your chances to be honest about titles you really do own? Or should I mark everything but what I'm looking to get as "not interested"?

EDIT: Also, why won't the "Don't use for recommendations" feature work after you hit save and continue?[/QUOTE]
The point of manipulating the system is to lie, so just mark any games that help you get quick picks. Not sure what you mean by your second question; that feature has always worked for me.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Hate to be a NEWB but how do I put that I own an item .... DO I just write a review for it ?[/QUOTE]

No, no need to go that far...

Scroll down from the top till you see "Rate This Item to Improve Your Recommendations" and give the item in question a 5 star.

If you hit the customer reviews you've gone just a tad to far... It should be right above it.

[quote name='Jodou'] Not sure what you mean by your second question; that feature has always worked for me.[/QUOTE]

For instance, today I got mostly junk (non-games) in my quick picks because it's mostly based on things you've bought. I've bought a lot of other junk, CDs, etc... I went to my owned list and marked all of that crap as "don't use for recommendations", hit save and continue, but when I go back to it, it won't stay checked and I still keep getting BS for quick picks despite all of my recommendations being games.

[quote name='warmsignal']For instance, today I got mostly junk (non-games) in my quick picks because it's mostly based on things you've bought. I've bought a lot of other junk, CDs, etc... I went to my owned list and marked all of that crap as "don't use for recommendations", hit save and continue, but when I go back to it, it won't stay checked and I still keep getting BS for quick picks despite all of my recommendations being games.[/QUOTE]
Wow, never had that problem. Could be a browser conflict but I'd check the Amazon discussions to see if anyone else had that issue.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']wait are we supposed to be putting the price down also , because I have been putting the price down ?[/QUOTE]
It's always 5% off of the regular price.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']It's always 5% off of the regular price.[/QUOTE]

It's always been varying % off for me. One game was like 26% off... right now, the only game that showed up, No More Heroes 2, is 16% off.

[quote name='warmsignal']It's always been varying % off for me. One game was like 26% off... right now, the only game that showed up, No More Heroes 2, is 16% off.[/QUOTE]
If Amazon is already selling something for less than the MSRP, then they'll show you the total discount percentage. For instance, a $59.99 game is on sale for $54.99. Quick Picks takes another 5% off of the sale price of $54.99 to decrease it to $52.24. That's a total discount of 13% off of the original MSRP, so that's what they will show you. But the Quick Picks discount itself is always 5% off of whatever Amazon is otherwise selling the item for.

I have no idea what happened, haven't had games in a while, but to day I got Infinite Space, 3D Dot Heroes, Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 in my QP. Starcraft was going for 47 too, if I had a pc i'd be all over that.

$33.24 Infinite Space (DS)
61K9QuiBEkL._SL120_.jpg

$125.39 Super Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition S - Black
41yezdlV9yL._SL120_.jpg

I got the God of war collection in my quick picks today. although I really didn't want it. I've been trying like mad to preorder the Last Guardian before my amazon Prime runs out.

If they come out with a collector's edition after my Prime runs out, would I be able to combine it with my existing order with 2 day free shipping and then take the standard edition of Last Guardian off?

[quote name='ohram']If they come out with a collector's edition after my Prime runs out, would I be able to combine it with my existing order with 2 day free shipping and then take the standard edition of Last Guardian off?[/QUOTE]
I'm actually not sure on this one, but I would think so. I was actually going to see how this works once my sub runs out because you could potentially have prime forever lol.

Anyone have success for getting Mario Galaxy 2 to show up in their recommendations todayy? I tried the guide to SMG2, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid: Other M and I believe some other game.

Got Halo Reach, decided to bite due to the 20 bucks in game credit with it. Still trying to manipulate FF11 Ultimate Collection into it with no luck.

Well, Jodou,

You did me right again... I was able to manipulate the system to give me a rather obscure 360 title... :D

Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper

(Yes, you all can laugh now but I miss the old point and click adventure games... and this one got really good reviews on the PC.)

Edit: Looking around a bit more it might have been because of the release of the DVD/Blu-Ray as Amazon's Deal of the Day are Sherlock Holmes related..

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']You did me right again... I was able to manipulate the system to give me a rather obscure 360 title... :D[/QUOTE]
Nice, mate. Glad it worked out for ya!

I got a few upcoming games in my quick picks today:
:ds:Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Reverie
:wii: Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
:wii: Epic Mickey
:360: Fable III

Huge list of games today! Here's the new ones for the list...

Dragon Ball: Raging Blast (PS3)
Sniper: Ghost Warrior* (360)

* Preordered this one... (Though its more of a 'just in case' order than.... 'Ohhh, I want!')

[quote name='Jodou']Updated. I got Batman: AA2 in my recs today, which is a good sign that it might be coming soon![/QUOTE]

Nice!! I've been waiting for that one! :D

[quote name='akito12']:psp: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Entertainment Pack
:360: Deathsmiles Limited Edition[/QUOTE]

haha I also got the daethsmiles limited edition ( kinda tempting )

[quote name='akito12']:psp: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Entertainment Pack
:360: Deathsmiles Limited Edition[/QUOTE]
Guess I'm late to the party since both of these popped up, too. Been a long time since a console was spotted!

bread's done
Back