Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsomepete

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

Hey trade-in pals! SENDING THINGS IN DISC / CARTRIDGE ONLY / GENERIC CASE NO MANUAL / ANYTHING BUT COMPLETE COULD RESULT IN REJECTION. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS. YOU MIGHT GET ACCEPTED, YOU MIGHT NOT. NO ONE KNOWS. THERE ARE NO HARD AND FAST RULES. IF IT IS ACCEPTED, IT WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY ONLY BE CONSIDERED "ACCEPTABLE." RISK YOUR TIME AND EFFORT AT YOUR PERIL!

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I'm getting an acceptance rate of about one per day; it makes me think some supervisor is standing around with a glass of absinthe next to a couple of dumptruck loads of games...while the one responsible for the glitch is made to scan each item and recite its TIV with tears in their eyes.[/QUOTE]

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------
Useful links:
-- BlueLobstah
-- CheapAssGamer
THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s video game trade-in program. Conspiracy theories about NORAM smashing games before sending them back / stealing children / sneezing and touching public door handles / etc welcome, but try to avoid going nutso. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

Trade-In Procedure

1. SELECT ITEMS: Search for items to trade in. Your trade-in items must meet the product eligibility criteria.
2. SHIP GAMES FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. GET A GIFT CARD: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
note to self: look up new address
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 06/07/2011)
Can I post a question on this thread?
  • Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.
Can I edit this FAQ? (updated 6/7/11)
  • You bet! Up top there is a section for notable TIVs - feel free to add anything in there (and if you can remember, clean up after yourself in a few days when the TIV has undoubtedly dropped). You can edit the FAQ too, please just make sure it's useful and well formatted! Thanks!
Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
  • The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.
What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
  • Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.
Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
  • Yes.
Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
  • Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.
Can I put separate trades in to a single box? (updated 6/7/11)
  • Sure, and they'll likely be accepted just fine. However, it isn't recommended since you would only have proof that you sent one of the trades (whichever mailing label you used). So it can be pretty risky.
Can I send in sealed games?
  • Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.
Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
  • UPS Ground already provides you with tracking information, and I imagine you could get some sort of insurance added at a UPS store or location if you were so inclined.
I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
  • Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
    NorAm International
    22 Hampshire Dr
    Hudson, NH 03051
    (This is also an option when submitting your trades)
When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
  • You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!
Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
  • Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history or just submit a new one to use the link), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.
How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
  • From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.
How long does the "processing" status usually take? (Updated 6/8/11)
  • Usually a day or with little delay at all, but the longest reported days so far is 4.
My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
  • People have received credit on a Saturday.
I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 6/9/11)
  • While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.

It should be noted that with the new condition requirements (see later in the FAQ), you may be able to send an item in missing some or all of the required items (manual / cover art / case) and still have it accepted in "Acceptable" condition.
I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
  • The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!
My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
  • This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.
My game came with DLC codes and I used them. Will my game be accepted? (Updated 12/28/11)
  • It is expected that included DLC codes have already been redeemed, so you should be fine. It is a kindness however if you have no use for it to not redeem it and let the next lucky soul who buys it from awd or wherever have a crack at it. Up to you!
My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
  • It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the UPC into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.
I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
  • If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is very YMMV.
The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
  • This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.
I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
  • Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.
Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
  • Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.
How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
  • Maximum of 2 copies within 3 a month period.
I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
  • Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).
Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
  • It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.
So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
  • Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people. This is probably moot for most folks now with the per account / address trade-in limit.
Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
  • Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever. Also, not a question.
What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
  • The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.
    LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.
Can I edit a submitted trade?
  • Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.
Can I use my credit on items that are not video game-related?
  • Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.
Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
  • According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.
Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
  • Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011[/URL]). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)
I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
  • The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game (or for a PS2 - just ask io!), it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!
What's all this item condition nonsense? And how can I get screwed over by it? (updated 6/9/11)
  • We're still kinda sussing out the details surrounding the new item condition portion of Amazon Trade-Ins, but it looks like there's a couple things to consider:
    • Good Condition eligibility (games):
    • - The video game, original manufacturer packaging and all original elements are included, but shows wear from normal use
      - Game still plays perfectly
      - Disc may have light scratches and other elements may have minor damage
      - Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)

[*]Acceptable eligibility (games):

- Game still plays perfectly
      - Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)
      - Item may be missing or have irreparable damage to one or all of the following: case, manual, artwork, bundled accessories, UPC

[*]Note that a game will almost certainly not be accepted if it meets any of these conditions:

- Game does not play perfectly
      - Disc is cracked
      - Marked Not for Resale (or is otherwise marked not for sale)
    Consoles/accessories have some slightly different criteria, but the idea is the same.
Did it seriously just ask me if I wanted my game / other item returned if they refuse to give me credit for it? (updated 6/9/11)
  • Yes, that just happened.

Unless you're purposefully sending them things you deem to be trash, please remember to choose the option that has them return your item to you during the checkout phase.
Who is AFS? (updated 6/9/11)
  • Not sure yet, but that's the name on the trade-in shipping labels now instead of NORAM. May just be NORAM with a different name. This will be updated as we learn more.
Post away!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bgame2']UPDATE #1

Amazon said that they need to determine "why" the item was "lost in shipping". They asked for 2-3 days to get back to me.[/QUOTE]

Did it go through Chelmsford..?

Ninja Edit ;)

[quote name='DudeImGodly']Did it go through Chelmsford..?

Ninja Edit ;)[/QUOTE]

Yup, went through Chelmsford on 7/21 and then was delivered on 7/22.

[quote name='bgame2']Yup, went through Chelmsford on 7/21 and then was delivered on 7/22.[/QUOTE]

Lost in shipping and Chelmsford seem to go hand in hand.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']Lost in shipping and Chelmsford seem to go hand in hand.[/QUOTE]

Now that you mention it, I do remember a few people saying that. I just assumed it was NorAm's latest nonsense as opposed to the slick fingers of UPS workers.

UPDATE #2: They have absolutely no idea what to do about the situation. They are contacting NorAm to discuss it with them. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Also, Dabamus did you ever hear anything?

My first trade in went well. Sent in LitttleBigPlanet 2, Infamous 2, MLB 11, and Kinect Sports for $111. MLB 11 was from house party so it had the UPC slashed but they still took it. Will use the service again in the future.

FYI, Saints Row 2 collectors edition for PS3 is trading in at over 21 bucks. Not bad considering I saw them on clearence at BB for 19.99 last year

[quote name='dabamus']Yeah. Mine were denied due to "wrong item."

I'm gonna be pissed if they come back damaged though.[/QUOTE]

But didn't you have the ACTUAL correct item? The blue case version, sealed?

[quote name='bgame2']Now that you mention it, I do remember a few people saying that. I just assumed it was NorAm's latest nonsense as opposed to the slick fingers of UPS workers.

UPDATE #2: They have absolutely no idea what to do about the situation. They are contacting NorAm to discuss it with them. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Also, Dabamus did you ever hear anything?[/QUOTE]

If this was a $50 trade-in you would've received credit but at $500 they're going "Oh fux"

I just sent in an order, 26 items equalling $350 in credit, mostly dvd's half of them sealed, all of them in like new condition. I can't wait to see what excuses they find and what they send back.

I honestly have no idea why I'm even taking a chance with them again after my ps3 incident a few months ago.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']But didn't you have the ACTUAL correct item? The blue case version, sealed?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I did. That's part of the reason that i'm gonna be pissed if they damaged the sealed one.

[quote name='htown01']That's good news. I've noticed some of the normal trade-ins done by other CAGs have taken longer than usual. I wonder why.[/QUOTE]

Ended up getting it early Friday morning, so they received it 2am Tuesday and it took nearly all week...

I got my blue psp case returned to me and got it today.(had sent it in with packaging and only one side of the package cut open so I could remove it) looks like they sent it back to me without the packaging, the sliding lock was broken and the corners were a little beat up...def not the condition I sent it in but it's not even worth saying something to amazon about it, oh well...just thought I'd give the other people who sent one in a heads up

[quote name='opterasis']I just sent in an order, 26 items equalling $350 in credit, mostly dvd's half of them sealed, all of them in like new condition. I can't wait to see what excuses they find and what they send back.

I honestly have no idea why I'm even taking a chance with them again after my ps3 incident a few months ago.[/QUOTE]

I think you will be ok as long as the UPCs on your items match. Game trades seem to be the only trouble we have with Noram.

Maybe Amazon will finally get it if people keep complaining about NorAm. I haven't had any issues with them so far (besides my Fallout 3 Collector's Edition guide), but I am not exactly reassured by these stories. Doesn't help that my guide also came in worse condition than I sent it. They must have a nasty warehouse or nasty people working the warehouse.

[quote name='nas6034']If this was a $50 trade-in you would've received credit but at $500 they're going "Oh fux"[/QUOTE]

lol. I definitely got that sense when I spoke to them. Perhaps a year of Amazon prime and a sweet collector's edition strategy guide would be an amicable solution. ;)

Latest Update: They called me and told me that it is very confusing. They are trying to reach "the tech". They told me they will keep me posted with email updates. Here's a thought though, I don't see how they could just say, "oh he found it and it's the wrong item." lol. That would seem too shady after claiming it was missing. I keep thinking they might as well just ask me what the heck I would agree to take under the circumstances. I want to be clear that I have been extremely polite and not at all pushy about this because it's just bizarre that this happened.

[quote name='Japakneez']I think you will be ok as long as the UPCs on your items match. Game trades seem to be the only trouble we have with Noram.[/QUOTE]

Well they just got the box this morning...so the way people are talking in this thread, they should process it in about a week, and then we'll see.

My amazon trade in ship out date is July 26, what are % chance that I will get my full trade in value if I ship it out tomorrow? (Also the current in trade in value is lower.)

UPDATE:

Got a voice mail message stating that "they figured out what happened" and would be sending me a detailed email telling me about it. This will be some comical bull**** reason why I don't get anything. I'll keep you guys informed.

HERE IS THE EMAIL:

I did submit the information to our technical team and found that they are returning the item to you. The problem came from the fact that the item was erroneously listed as being $550.00 but in reality it was only worth about 5.00. I am still not sure why it was listed at arrived and processed and then lost. We never did get info about that portion of the email you received. I am truly sorry about this mistake, I am sure it is very disappointing.

Final Update:

We agreed to agree on $30. It was actually Amazon's suggestion. I did not want to push for something that I wasn't technically entitled to, so I left it at that. I noted that if it was in fact a pricing error, then Noram's claiming the item was 'lost in shipping' (only to then suddenly find the item when I asked Amazon them to look into it) was clearly a deceptive act by Noram to cover up the pricing mistake. Said differently, "They lied and said it was lost rather than simply admitting the error." I told the CSR that Amazon should be incredibly concerned by that. She agreed.

Question: Does anyone see erroneous listing type clauses in the Terms and Conditions? I can't seem to find anything like it.

[quote name='bgame2']UPDATE:

Got a voice mail message stating that "they figured out what happened" and would be sending me a detailed email telling me about it. This will be some comical bull**** reason why I don't get anything. I'll keep you guys informed.

HERE IS THE EMAIL:

I did submit the information to our technical team and found that they are returning the item to you. The problem came from the fact that the item was erroneously listed as being $550.00 but in reality it was only worth about 5.00. I am still not sure why it was listed at arrived and processed and then lost. We never did get info about that portion of the email you received. I am truly sorry about this mistake, I am sure it is very disappointing.

Question: Does anyone see erroneous listing type clauses in the Terms and Conditions? I can't seem to find anything like it.[/QUOTE]

I don't have it in front of me, but at least at one point there was a catch all clause that stated something along the lines of "the 3rd party trade in company may reject any trade for any reason".

[quote name='handsomepete']I don't have it in front of me, but at least at one point there was a catch all clause that stated something along the lines of "the 3rd party trade in company may reject any trade for any reason".[/QUOTE]

Well it's really a non-issue at this point. We all hoped for the windfall but I don't think any of us are greedy enough to insist we get 500 for something that is worth 10. ;)

Like I said, the $30 promotional credit was Amazon's suggestion. I told them "I don't know what I think is right because it's not really Amazon's fault." The woman agreed but told me that she cannot get something approved without my making a suggestion. I told her I was open to suggestions. She said "How about $30?" I said, "I'm comfortable with that if you are." She immediately issued it. (I guess it was small enough that it didn't need any further approval.) Case closed. That said, she did tell me that she was sending a memo to someone about how the trade in was handled poorly.

Well i forgot to update mine, but they had received and denied mine a few days ago. I sent an email to amazon asking for the real reason why they cancelled it as all it said was wrong upc, when it was the blue label, brand new. They kept on giving me copy/paste responses so I kept on emailing. After a few they gave me the real reason why they cancelled it.
"
I'm very sorry an error resulted in an incorrect trade-in value being displayed for the PSP UMD Case. That is the reason your trade in was returned.

In this case, we're unable to offer this item for the incorrectly posted trade-in value. Again, I'm very sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment this causes.

However because of the circumstances, I've made an exception to our standard policy and I've issued you a $300.00 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com."

So I spent all the credit in one day as I figured something else would go wrong and the next day I get an email saying that my account was closed as someone stole my account info. and made a fraudulent order (The item they said was fraudulent was one I ordered). So essentially they told me to make a new account. Oh well, at least I got some free stuff in the end (which I did not expect or even ask for the credit).

[quote name='retail sucks']I sent in 3 games(Brink, Duke Nukem, & Black Ops) and they arrived at 2am EST Thursday. I check the status which I'm usually credited by now but it hasn't been processed yet. I ask customer service why via chat & this is the excuse I was given:

I then told cs, "Well tell them not to take to long the game cases/discs will melt LOL".

Then I got the "Is there anything else I can help you with"?

Anyway, this may be my last trade in to Amazon counting I've had quick/flawless trades in the past, been rejected on mint(played 2 times) complete items & the trade in process has been taking forever lately. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Dang, that's unfortunate. At least we have an alternative to Amazon now, BB, they've been having pretty decent TIVs for games when you pre-order a game.

[quote name='JKSonic']Ended up getting it early Friday morning, so they received it 2am Tuesday and it took nearly all week...[/QUOTE]

2-3 days after receiving shipment has been the norm lately for being credited/rejected on TIs.

Oh, and I received the expected e-mail from Amazon this morning about my item being rejected, I just hope they don't come back broken.

I got my cases back today. Surprisingly they didn't damage them. All they did was stick amazon-specific barcodes over them.

[quote name='htown01']Dang, that's unfortunate. At least we have an alternative to Amazon now, BB, they've been having pretty decent TIVs for games when you pre-order a game.[/QUOTE]

Funny thing is 10 minutes after I posted about complaining I got the credited email & it was already in my account(some CAGs mentioned credit delays between the email & actual credit showing). The few times I've complained that has happened, I'm not sure whether NorAm finally checked it in at that 10-20 minute period or if Amazon customer service knows they have problems and just gave the credit because I trade in everything to them(BB is an hour away unfortunately).

Got an email from the guy I talked to on the phone today about my rejected psp cases.

This note is apparently in the amazon system from norscam:

"This customer has a Trade-in order for a PSP UMD Case (ASIN : B000K8ZXK4). Due to a pricing error, a high trade-in value of $550 was offered for the PSP UMD Case, which sold for less that sold $10 on Amazon.com. If customers complain about their rejected Trade-In orders, please DO NOT issue a concession. Refer customers to Trade-In terms: http://amazon.com/tradein/terms - and point them to the "sole discretion" clause for rejection.""

More lies from NorAM. If it was selling for under $10 why would it trigger a trade in value that high? There was only 1 listed for just under $2000 at the time. Last time I saw the product page a few days ago there was just 1 listed for around $300

The trade in term rejection clause won't help someone understand why the item was rejected if they put wrong item or lost item as the rejection reason. Of course they will never add a reason like trade in value error because that would make them look bad.

Why does it matter to NorAM if Amazon offers the person a concession (I guess that means promotional credit?). Unless Amazon is going back to NorAM to get them to pay for the promotional credit issued.

Well they ended up taking all of my trade-ins except one blu-ray, which i knew I was taking a risk on because it had a cracked case. I did notice they revised the condition of about half of the items, including ones I know for a fact were either sealed or fresh out the wrapper, so I lost out on probably $5-$10. The shocking part is I did end up getting $60 for a dvd that I thought was definitely a price mistake.

[quote name='opterasis']Well they ended up taking all of my trade-ins except one blu-ray, which i knew I was taking a risk on because it had a cracked case. I did notice they revised the condition of about half of the items, including ones I know for a fact were either sealed or fresh out the wrapper, so I lost out on probably $5-$10. The shocking part is I did end up getting $60 for a dvd that I thought was definitely a price mistake.[/QUOTE]

Which DVD?

[quote name='opterasis']Well they ended up taking all of my trade-ins except one blu-ray, which i knew I was taking a risk on because it had a cracked case. I did notice they revised the condition of about half of the items, including ones I know for a fact were either sealed or fresh out the wrapper, so I lost out on probably $5-$10. The shocking part is I did end up getting $60 for a dvd that I thought was definitely a price mistake.[/QUOTE]

which dvd?

[quote name='YoshiFan1']More lies from NorAM. If it was selling for under $10 why would it trigger a trade in value that high? There was only 1 listed for just under $2000 at the time. Last time I saw the product page a few days ago there was just 1 listed for around $300

The trade in term rejection clause won't help someone understand why the item was rejected if they put wrong item or lost item as the rejection reason. Of course they will never add a reason like trade in value error because that would make them look bad.

Why does it matter to NorAM if Amazon offers the person a concession (I guess that means promotional credit?). Unless Amazon is going back to NorAM to get them to pay for the promotional credit issued.[/QUOTE]

Lol. If you genuinely believe they should have sent you $550 for a $10 item you're dead wrong. It's people like you that ruin perfectly fine trade-in programs by trying to abuse them to extreme levels.

[quote name='scarhawk']Lol. If you genuinely believe they should have sent you $550 for a $10 item you're dead wrong. It's people like you that ruin perfectly fine trade-in programs by trying to abuse them to extreme levels.[/QUOTE]

+1.

Like that 2000 price was real.

[quote name='scarhawk']Lol. If you genuinely believe they should have sent you $550 for a $10 item you're dead wrong. It's people like you that ruin perfectly fine trade-in programs by trying to abuse them to extreme levels.[/QUOTE]

I never said they should honor it, I just don't like how they are handling the rejections and lying.

[quote name='Pookymeister']NorAm obviously uses an automated algorithm to adjust trade-in prices. They just need to hire someone to code it a little better.[/QUOTE]

if TIV>100 require manager approval?

how hard is that?

Break out the confetti and champagne, because the tiv tracker has moved:

ativ.scurker.com is now tivtrackr.com. Additionally I've posted a blog where I can post updates, and you can post complaints so that this thread doesn't become cluttered. Thanks for all your support!

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Break out the confetti and champagne, because the tiv tracker has moved:

ativ.scurker.com is now tivtrackr.com. Additionally I've posted a blog where I can post updates, and you can post complaints so that this thread doesn't become cluttered. Thanks for all your support![/QUOTE]

OP duly updated. If I ever meet you I will give you the best high five ever.

[quote name='handsomepete']OP duly updated. If I ever meet you I will give you the best high five ever.[/QUOTE]
And by hi-five, you mean happy ending.

Technically he's not abusing the trade in program. If they say the value is *insert ridiculous number here* and i give them that exact item they should either accept it. or send me an email saying they fucked up on the trade in value.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Break out the confetti and champagne, because the tiv tracker has moved:

ativ.scurker.com is now tivtrackr.com. Additionally I've posted a blog where I can post updates, and you can post complaints so that this thread doesn't become cluttered. Thanks for all your support![/QUOTE]

I had 2 features I thought you could add...After investigating, I found they are already on there! :lol:

[quote name='whatup5']If anyone needs to transfer GS credit to Amazon, the TIV of the day is Kinectimals for $29 which is 26.99 used at GS.[/QUOTE]

Well, CRAP, I wish I had seen the new price. I saw it when it first came up right after midnight and they hadn't changed the price yet - it was $21 or so. I thought that was the DotD price but apparently not. I have a GS B2G1 free coupon and it would have been perfect to get 2 Kinectimals and something else to keep. Dammit!? And this right on the heel of the 3DS price drop (with me having played my 3DS less than 8 hours since launch)...

I know complaints generally aren't read or of concern to others, but NorAm did it again. It will happen to others.

Alert: They reduced my TIV credit despite sending in a perfect, well-packed item. They said it had minor scratches. The discs were mint and the case were sturdy cardboard. I actually had just unsealed it to assess the contents. NorAm's trade-in process and their storefronts are dirty.

[quote name='vivafriend5']I know complaints generally aren't read or of concern to others, but NorAm did it again. It will happen to others.

Alert: They reduced my TIV credit despite sending in a perfect, well-packed item. They said it had minor scratches. The discs were mint and the case were sturdy cardboard. I actually had just unsealed it to assess the contents. NorAm's trade-in process and their storefronts are dirty.[/QUOTE]

I don't give them the option to screw me...I always choose return item. The other option is a license for them to make a couple extra bucks here and there. I have yet to receive a return based on a condition downgrade. Whoever thought of that option for noram surely earned a raise for that idea.

The 3ds is the only platform I've ever bought on day 1, what a bomb! I wouldn't be a very good IPO investor...:cry: I've also played it less than 10 hours, more than half with a non 3ds game in it 999. I don't think I would even play those free games nintendo is offering.....I better break open Zelda oot to try to feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

I plan on picking up a 3ds using Amazon trade credit. I'm sending in my old PSP2000 and DS Lite for a nice 125, Infamous 2 for 30, and some random crap games to give me $180 total credit. My consoles have original boxes and look like new. Do people usually have problems with handhelds?

[quote name='jacknicklson']You shouldn't under your circumstances
Take pics of everything as well as how you packages them[/QUOTE]

I will thanks. I'm dropping my box off tomorrow. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back