Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
REMINDER: If you are planning to trade-in multiple copies of a game, remember to just submit 1 for now. If you do more you will kill the TIV (Trade-in-Value) for everyone else. Increase the quantity after you have bought the games and are ready to ship. Your TIV will remain the same :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

**UPDATED 8/03/09**

Here are some items that work with Amazon promo coupons. Last day to redeem Amazons 50% off coupon is 8/31/09. Some items on sale. Click on links to see latest price and promotions.

:ps3:
$100 Batman: Arkham Asylum
$100 NBA 2K10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$110 Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel
$120 Tony Hawk Ride Bundle
$120 Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 SA (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Madcatz Tournament Edition Fighting Stick (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition ($80 Hardened Edition)
$150 Tekken 6 Bundle with Wireless Stick
$200 DJ Hero Renegade Edition ($120 Standard Edition)
$200 Band Hero Superbundle
$220 Logitech Wireless Drum Controller
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:360:
$100 Batman: Arkham Asylum
$100 NBA 2k10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$135 120gb Hard Drive
$140 Hori Real Arcade Pro EX-SE (all Seimitsu parts)
$150 Madcatz Tournament Edition Fighting Stick (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Tekken 6 Bundle with Wireless Stick
$150 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition ($80 Hardened Edition)
$200 Turtle Beach Ear Force X4
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:wii:
$90 Wii Fit
$??? Wii Fit Plus
$250 Rock Band Beatles

7/30 - Added DJ Hero Renegade
8/03 - Added Logitech GT Whell and Logitech Drum Controller to PS3 section

[quote name='Japakneez']REMINDER: If you are planning to trade-in multiple copies of a game, remember to just submit 1 for now. If you do more you will kill the TIV (Trade-in-Value) for everyone else. Increase the quantity after you have bought the games and are ready to ship. Your TIV will remain the same :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:[/QUOTE]

Ummm, I thought after some trial and error it was found that it did not in fact kill the trade-in-value...or that you could not resubmit your trade-in by increasing the number you traded in.

Attn: Maybe "io" can clear this up as I thought they were the individual that mentioned something along these lines (note: I'm not quoting anyone)

[quote name='jhweathers']anyone know why mario kart wii is not available to trade in?[/QUOTE]

My guess would be because it is sold new only with additional hardware (the wheel). Just like Wii Sports Resort and EA Sports Active, which they don't take either. Though, I noticed that they take Indianapolis 500 Legends Racing with additional wheels and Wii Play without the Wiimote.

I'm keeping track for my own purposes, so I'll pass along to anyone else who is interested, here is a list of the changes in TIV prices for the past day.

Console Title Old New Change
X360 Left 4 Dead $15.00 $28.00 $13.00 *DOTD*
X360 Dead or Alive 4 $4.00 $5.25 $1.25
GC Naruto Clash of Ninja 2 $1.00 $2.00 $1.00
PS2 God of War 2 $4.00 $5.00 $1.00
PS3 Ninja Gaiden Sigma $5.00 $6.00 $1.00
GC Teen Titans $2.00 $2.25 $0.25
X360 Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion $5.25 $5.00 $(0.25)
PS2 Teen Titans $4.50 $2.25 $(2.25)
PS3 Resistance: Fall of Man $6.00 $3.25 $(2.75)
PS2 Drakengard 2 $5.25 $2.00 $(3.25)
X360 Street Fighter IV $21.00 $13.00 $(8.00) *DOTD*
PS3 Street Fighter IV $21.00 $12.00 $(9.00) *DOTD*

still have not received the 50% off code. Amazon customer service seems to have "forgotten" about it. Does anyone happen to have saved the page or have any advice? HELP!!!!!!!!

I've been thinking about joining the ECA. But was wondering if it stacks with the 50% off coupon? Help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

[quote name='jvanorman1']I've been thinking about joining the ECA. But was wondering if it stacks with the 50% off coupon? Help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.[/QUOTE]

Yes it stacks so if you're buying one of the bigger items, you'll pay it off right here. Also, it takes off from the original price so think of it as 60% off.

Thanks alot. I was planning on getting The Beatles Rockband. So this would be the perfect time to join then. Also if you use it on the pre-order for The Beatles do they charge you when you order or when it ships?

[quote name='jvanorman1']Thanks alot. I was planning on getting The Beatles Rockband. So this would be the perfect time to join then. Also if you use it on the pre-order for The Beatles do they charge you when you order or when it ships?[/QUOTE]

when it ships

Alright, well now I'm worried that I might not make it back to my house in time to ship off an trade I placed last week, and today is the deadline. I was wondering if I decide to ship it via Fed-Ex or UPS today, will they still accept the postmark? I'd obviously be bypassing the free Media Mail option, but can't afford to lose in on this trade.

Anyone have a similar experience?

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Alright, well now I'm worried that I might not make it back to my house in time to ship off an trade I placed last week, and today is the deadline. I was wondering if I decide to ship it via Fed-Ex or UPS today, will they still accept the postmark? I'd obviously be bypassing the free Media Mail option, but can't afford to lose in on this trade.

Anyone have a similar experience?[/QUOTE]

I haven't done anything like that, but I can't see any way that would be a problem assuming they accept FedEx or UPS. I can't see why they wouldn't.

Well it doesn't matter so it seems, just got off the phone with my roommate and my package came from Gamestop. Not only did they ship me only 1 out of the 6 games I ordered, I was charged the full amount, given no notice of the other items being on backorder, and the game they did send off (UMD) was placed in a third-party UMD case housing and without it's original box or materials.

God I hate Gamestop...now I'm going to have to figure out what other trades I can make to get in on this promotion... :(

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Well it doesn't matter so it seems, just got off the phone with my roommate and my package came from Gamestop. Not only did they ship me only 1 out of the 6 games I ordered, I was charged the full amount, given no notice of the other items being on backorder, and the game they did send off (UMD) was placed in a third-party UMD case housing and without it's original box or materials.

God I hate Gamestop...now I'm going to have to figure out what other trades I can make to get in on this promotion... :([/QUOTE]

I've been having similar experiences with them. I think I'm sticking to B&M from here on out.

[quote name='antitravolta']I've been having similar experiences with them. I think I'm sticking to B&M from here on out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, lesson learned...unfortunately.

Now, anyone have any good suggestions on flips?

unrelated to this topic but can someone help. i bought the gamestop PS3 street fighter 4 20 bucks for last week deal. now I received them and they are not sealed but have the label inside as new. Can I complain to gamestop since they sold be an opened item and I paid for new? what should I do. The games look like new but I was planning on selling one as new on ebay for a small gain since I dont longer need one. If I resend it I am going to have to pay to return. Please advice what I should do.

[quote name='lakers2008']unrelated to this topic but can someone help. i bought the gamestop PS3 street fighter 4 20 bucks for last week deal. now I received them and they are not sealed but have the label inside as new. Can I complain to gamestop since they sold be an opened item and I paid for new? what should I do. The games look like new but I was planning on selling one as new on ebay for a small gain since I dont longer need one. If I resend it I am going to have to pay to return. Please advice what I should do.[/QUOTE]

I had the same thing happen. I wrote and complained and they sent a UPS return label that they paid for. If I had known they would be Trade-in of the Day, I would have kept them. Oh well.

but is there any chance of them honering the deal. since the deal said new and I dont know other stores that sell items as new that have no seal on them. gamestop seriously should go out of business.

Went off to Gamestop to try and pick up a few copies of L4D to get in on the $30 bonus at amazon.

Oddly, when I went to check out it was $42.92 AFTER 25% off and edge.. So that didn't work out quite as well as I expected.

Guess the 25% didn't stack for me, but its not worth the effort at this point.

It wasn't explained very well in the OP, but I assume you cannot send in games that are not in the original packaging? (i.e.: a Gamestop case)

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']It wasn't explained very well in the OP, but I assume you cannot send in games that are not in the original packaging? (i.e.: a Gamestop case)[/QUOTE]

Technically, no... it must be original box, cover art, and manual (I think). But various CAGs have reported some success with them accepting different stuff. So, its a big YMMV. Since I'm going for the promo and would hate to have a game denied and not get the promo, I always go with complete, good condition stuff.

[quote name='helmet']Went off to Gamestop to try and pick up a few copies of L4D to get in on the $30 bonus at amazon.

Oddly, when I went to check out it was $42.92 AFTER 25% off and edge.. So that didn't work out quite as well as I expected.

Guess the 25% didn't stack for me, but its not worth the effort at this point.[/QUOTE]

You didn't get 25% off which means they didn't scan or enter the coupon properly. It should be $29.24 after 25% + Edge. And yes, it does stack with Edge - at least it did on the 10 or so things I bought he last few days.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']It wasn't explained very well in the OP, but I assume you cannot send in games that are not in the original packaging? (i.e.: a Gamestop case)[/QUOTE]

Pretty much you want to stick with original packaging unless you are willing to take a chance (and risk a return). That might be OK if it is stuff you have sitting around and have nothing else to do with it anyway. But I wouldn't buy anything specifically for trading that isn't in its original packaging. You won't get it back in time to return it to GS, for example, within their 7-day used return policy window.

mkernan - I can definitely vouch that manuals are required. I am getting a DS game sent back that was perfect except for the missing manual. YMMV of course, since others seem to have cart-only crap accepted :bomb:.

And keep in mind the turnaround for returns is atrocious. I sent in this DS game around July 13th and am still waiting for it to get sent back.

For the person who wanted to return the "new" SF IV they got from gamestop.com - just take it to a GS store and return it there. That is much easier than mailing it back.

And yeah, pretty much never buy any used games from GS online unless you want disc-only refurbs. I thought it was pretty safe buying new stuff from them but so many CAGs seem to have gotten gutted SF IVs which is utterly unacceptable. They claim they are gutted in store to prevent theft (though there are so many better ways to deal with that) but that is not a valid excuse for gamestop.com sales.

You want to help me wording the FAQ so it's clear in regards to packaging?

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however. On the other hand, older gen games, such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV

[quote name='gi60']You want to help me wording the FAQ so it's clear in regards to packaging?

While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however. On the other hand, older gen games, such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV[/QUOTE]

I think that's pretty clear. You might want to add spefically that some people have had games rejected without manuals and some have had them accepted (even for the newer systems). I know it says YMMV which should cover that but I think some people read that and think it means we don't really know when we really do know that sometimes they are OK and sometimes they are not.

In fact, I had both happen on the same trade-in submission!. I had a DS game without a manual rejected and a PS3 game without a manual accepted - both in the same box.

[quote name='io']. I had a DS game without a manual rejected and a PS3 game without a manual accepted - both in the same box.[/QUOTE]

Agreed it's clear, I guess I just wanted to get a consensus from others who have been in this situation. Thanks for keeping it up.

And I have to say io, that's absolutely ridiculous how one game was accepted and the other rejected...I'd be pissed...especially if it was a $1-5 difference in getting the extra $30 credit.

I want to clear this up real quick before I submit 2 orders in.

"In the case of multiple trade-in orders, the coupon code will be given for each qualifying order that is received"

I can do 2 trades of $60 on my account and recieve 2 coupons?, I had my sis going to send my 2nd order, but it would be so much nicer to have all my credit in 1 account?

don.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Agreed it's clear, I guess I just wanted to get a consensus from others who have been in this situation. Thanks for keeping it up.

And I have to say io, that's absolutely ridiculous how one game was accepted and the other rejected...I'd be pissed...especially if it was a $1-5 difference in getting the extra $30 credit.[/QUOTE]

Well, fortunately, the $10 loss on the DS game brought my credit total down to $61.50 and this was on a $50/50% coupon trade so I still had plenty of cushion. This was back when I first started doing this trade-in thing and I had games to spare so I always sent a few extra. Now that I have to scrounge things up I'm going just over $60 so any rejections will be costly. We'll see what happens - there's NO reason for anything I have sent in the last few times to be rejected unless THEY break them (as they appear to have done with a game last week).

So at least in this one case it didn't cost me the coupon, though the DS game itself is now down to $5 trade-in so assuming I ever get it back if I want to trade it in again (either just as is or after wrangling a manual somewhere) I have lost $5 in value. And of course because it is taking them so damn long to send it back I missed trading it to GS for the 50% bonus which would have put me at around $7 or $8 for that game at GS at least.

faceinthecrowd - others here have gotten multiple coupons on one account. I only have one, but that's because only one of my submissions has been received so far (4 more are on the way though!). It was actually on this first $30 coupon trade that I got my second rejection: "damaged-cracked" which is utter BS since it was mint. Lucikly I had padded that trade, too, so that loss brought me down to just 25 cents over the $60 minimum! But if I get back a broken disc I'll be pretty pissed as I can't do anything with that, and it wasn't broken when I sent it in.

Here's my suggestion for the above:

While the trade in details specifically state original packaging is necessary (box, cover art, manual), people have reported that their trades were accepted dispite missing a manual and/or cover art. There have been more reports that older gen games (SNES, N64, GB/GBA carts) have been accepted cart only. However, there has been enough rejected games due to missing items that acceptance of any game w/o full packaging is YMMV.

[quote name='faceinthecrowd']I want to clear this up real quick before I submit 2 orders in.

"In the case of multiple trade-in orders, the coupon code will be given for each qualifying order that is received"

I can do 2 trades of $60 on my account and recieve 2 coupons?, I had my sis going to send my 2nd order, but it would be so much nicer to have all my credit in 1 account?

don.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I've received 6 codes on one account. No problems.

:lol:

Funny that we are having this conversation now because I just went and got my mail and lo and behold, there is my manual-less DS game back from NorAm. There is a form letter included with it that says they must be undamaged, and complete (with manual, case, and cover insert). They also put a big white sticker on the front of the case (peeled off easily) that says "Missing Manual". So clearly they are looking for that specific condition if they actually have stickers printed up for it! I hadn't heard this yet from others who got games sent back.

Just to give you a timeframe, the game is postmarked the 28th. I got the trade-in acceptance notice on the 23rd. So it took them 5 days to put a sticker on it and mail it back. They actually sent it back via first-class mail so it got here fairly quickly once they mailed it. So they paid around $2.50 or so to mail it back to me (first-class postage including delivery confirmation plus a new bubble mailer). That hardly seems worth their trouble when they could probably sell the otherwise mint DS game (just missing the manual) for not a lot less than a complete one.

But damn, if they had just sent it back a day earlier I would have had it in time to add it to my last set of GS trade-ins under the 50% promo. As it was I had to throw a few things in I didn't want to trade - this would have been perfect.

Anyway, though, I don't mind the rejection on this one as it is legitimate (though annoying that so many others have had manual-less and even cover art-less games accepted). It is the next rejection that I dread getting back - the supposedly "damaged - cracked" one.

^I'll keep an eye for that sticker. I should get my "Damaged item - cracked" soon. The PSP game is in perfect condition, but it has that 3rd party UMD cover not the Sony one. I think it was GS refurbed version when they replace the Sony case.

By the way, for those of you who pre-order Batman. There is an additional $ 5 off code: 5OFFARKM. It works on Limited Edition too (Added to the Japakneez list in 1st page).

[quote name='io']You didn't get 25% off which means they didn't scan or enter the coupon properly. It should be $29.24 after 25% + Edge. And yes, it does stack with Edge - at least it did on the 10 or so things I bought he last few days.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say that they don't stack, I said that it didn't stack for me. He explicitly told me that both discounts were showing, I told him that was $12 over what I was expecting, he said sorry, I left because I didn't want to sit around arguing. :(

[quote name='helmet']I didn't say that they don't stack, I said that it didn't stack for me. He explicitly told me that both discounts were showing, I told him that was $12 over what I was expecting, he said sorry, I left because I didn't want to sit around arguing. :([/QUOTE]

Right, and I'm telling you he either lied or was incompetant ;). But I fully understand just wanting to leave and not argue about it. I had something similar happen with a mistagged PoP the other day (labelled $18.99 but of course rang up higher). They would give me the lower price, but not with the 25% off + Edge, which made no sense, but I didn't want to argue it either.

I sent in my trade in on Saturday, July 25th with media mail. Amazon still says it has not received my shipment. Should I be worried?

[quote name='io']Right, and I'm telling you he either lied or was incompetant ;). But I fully understand just wanting to leave and not argue about it. I had something similar happen with a mistagged PoP the other day (labelled $18.99 but of course rang up higher). They would give me the lower price, but not with the 25% off + Edge, which made no sense, but I didn't want to argue it either.[/QUOTE]

Oh well, I'll hold off and see what tomorrow has to offer. :)

[quote name='irfaan.hafeez']how long does processing take?[/QUOTE]

I know you're suppose to allow up to 10 days to received your promo code, so I'd suggest you should allow the same for processing, though I haven't heard of anyone waiting this long.

I'm really tempted to do some good GBA flips, but I don't have the case/manual. I know it's been iffy on the DS, leaning on the side of the case/manual required, but what experiences do people have with GBA?

I think I'm the only one that had much luck with the Phoenix Wright games.

Last week I went to the mall a couple miles from my house and got 4 of them.
Today I went to another mall and found a store that had 4 more.
The next gamestop I went to had 3 more.
The next gamestop I went to had 2 more.

So I found 13 complete with cover art and manuals. What was nice was that all the stores were on my way home anyway, so I didn't have to go out of my way too much. I have to say that I turned down at least 20 copies because they didn't have the cover art and/or the manuals.

It would have been 10x easier to just go to one store and buy 6 FNR4s instead, but at least this way I'm making a couple bucks (before the $30 coupon) instead of losing a couple bucks (before the $30 coupon).

Now I just pray they accept all these.

[quote name='converse']I'm really tempted to do some good GBA flips, but I don't have the case/manual. I know it's been iffy on the DS, leaning on the side of the case/manual required, but what experiences do people have with GBA?[/QUOTE]
I just traded in 3 copies of cart-only Final Fantasy VI.
I'll let you know how that goes.
$12.99 -> $24, I couldn't pass this one up.

so i used my 50% off coupon to pre order Tekken 6 LE, and i was wondering, i just signed up for amazon prime free trial and chose to get release day delivery for free. since the game comes out after my trial will be over, will i still get free delivery?

[quote name='y2jasper']so i used my 50% off coupon to pre order Tekken 6 LE, and i was wondering, i just signed up for amazon prime free trial and chose to get release day delivery for free. since the game comes out after my trial will be over, will i still get free delivery?[/QUOTE]
Yes, you will.
Everything you order during the trial period will qualify for Prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back