Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gi60']IO, you need to "Submit" the trade-in. You can't just leave it in the cart.

You can adjust the quantity or remove even after you submit. You can't add different games though.[/QUOTE]

Well, I know that - but someone at the end of the last thread said you could keep things in the cart and pile them up and then get the same trade-in value when you submit even if they dropped. I just tried this last night and it did not work so I wanted to correct that. It was no big deal as I had already submitted the same trade earlier in the day - I was pretty much just testing it out.

Hey guys, I got a question. I have Bioshock for the 360 and I want to trade it in but all they have on the website is the platinum hits version. I think I found the answer on the front page, but I just want to make sure I can send in the original non-platinum hits version with no problems.

Thanks

[quote name='Jodou']GDI, could have made an extra $9 if I had a crystal ball.[/QUOTE]

Or one of these:
time+machine.jpg

[quote name='mitemouse']dont tell me you traded in a "new' copy of SF4 for $12 to Amazon?[/QUOTE]
Nah, I flipped three to them @ $18.50 each, so in reality it was only a $7.50 paper loss.

[quote name='io']Well, I know that - but someone at the end of the last thread said you could keep things in the cart and pile them up and then get the same trade-in value when you submit even if they dropped. I just tried this last night and it did not work so I wanted to correct that. It was no big deal as I had already submitted the same trade earlier in the day - I was pretty much just testing it out.[/QUOTE]

I think that pretty much confirms that "they" are watching, because I checked my cart today and the values weren't retaining, but they were up until yesterday. I guess we can chalk that up to another loss, and at this point I would question the publication of any "secrets" that people might be encountering, as they won't last long.

[quote name='Jodou']Nah, I flipped three to them @ $18.50 each, so in reality it was only a $7.50 paper loss.[/QUOTE]

gotcha!! :D i thought you submitted at the time when it dropped to $12.. so $12 to $21 is a $9 per a game..

i locked in at 18.50 but i am a procrasinator at shipping so i just locked them in again at 21... and truly im not a procrasinator or i wouldnt have been able to get in on the deal.. ;)

[quote name='mitemouse']gotcha!! :D i thought you submitted at the time when it dropped to $12.. so $12 to $21 is a $9 per a game..

i locked in at 18.50 but i am a procrasinator at shipping so i just locked them in again at 21... and truly im not a procrasinator or i wouldnt have been able to get in on the deal.. ;)[/QUOTE]
I'm going to have to start doing that, because they were post-marked an hour after purchase.

[quote name='sylaxRKO']I was wondering if Tax applied to amazon credit, at GS you dont get taxed for purchases with store credit.[/QUOTE]

Completely ymmv based on your location. Try it out yourself by running a product through checkout.

[quote name='jraypeon']So anyone have any recent rejection stories?

I'm gonna try to grab some phoenix wright games with the new GS coupon and I'll be lucky as hell to find the original cover/manual.

I read some of the previous thread and it was hit and miss before, but does anyone have any recent positive/negative experiences with missing packaging?[/QUOTE]

We have enough reports just over the last 7 days. Its completely YMMV even on NDS. I don't think we should start expecting any different unless we see a change in the trade in terms.

I skipped the Phoenix Wright TOTD for good reason imo....

#1) Yes it is tough to get it complete and in order to get up to $60 you need several complete copies. Too much effort if you are just doing Phoenix Wright games.

#2) we have a killer GS coupon right now that pretty much guarantees us 4 more days of potential flips in the 1:1 range.

Has anyone traded in blazblue? Was wondering if it could just be the game package and manual or if it needs to be the entire limited edition package? It says limited edition but the picture is only of the game case.

Anyone know?

[quote name='klam173']Hello, I am reading about a lot of people "locking" in a price...what does this mean? I have read the faq's and do not see much information about this. Can someone explain this to me if possible. Sorry I looked for the information in the thread but have not found what everyone seems to be talking about. Thanks to anyone who helps.[/QUOTE]
It means they are submitting a trade before the tiv for that game goes down due to having trades being made. It sucks for people not on the west coast because often people lock in the trades but never trade them. I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon/Noram changes their policy over time because if trades are locked in, then canceled, they can lose out too depending on the amount of trades sent immediately after cancelation, i.e. if not many are made because of the lowering of tiv then they don't get what they thought they were getting (at the higher tiv) and then they get less trades after that as well.

[quote name='Japakneez']We have enough reports just over the last 7 days. Its completely YMMV even on NDS. I don't think we should start expecting any different unless we see a change in the trade in terms.

#1) Yes it is tough to get it complete and in order to get up to $60 you need several complete copies. Too much effort if you are just doing Phoenix Wright games.

#2) we have a killer GS coupon right now that pretty much guarantees us 4 more days of potential flips in the 1:1 range.[/QUOTE]

Well I just took my mom to the airport so I had a long run of 5 gamestops on the way back and picked up 4 complete phoenix wrights (1 original, 2 justice, 1 trails) so I have $55 right now for that trade in. Also nabbed 2 FF VIs and 2 Silent Hill Experiences.

2) Anyway you would be kind enough to PM me the 1:1 flips? I haven't seen many flip posts since the coupon came out besides FNR 4 which I couldn't lock in fast enough.

[quote name='Japakneez']We have enough reports just over the last 7 days. Its completely YMMV even on NDS. I don't think we should start expecting any different unless we see a change in the trade in terms.

#2) we have a killer GS coupon right now that pretty much guarantees us 4 more days of potential flips in the 1:1 range.[/QUOTE]

I found 2 complete PW Justice for All, 1 cart-only PW, 1 cart-only PW Justice for All, and 1 complete PW Justice for All that was on hold for someone else. So all I bought are the 2 complete ones that were available for a total trade value of $26. Since the others things I submitted on that trade I ended up using in other trades, that's all I have. I'll probably still do it even without the bonus coupon since each one only cost $8.xx at GS. Though probably I ought to check eBay first ;). Oh, and I also need to make sure I have my own copy. I'm pretty sure I do, but you never know.

FNR4 was not a 1:1 flip even before when I locked it in. You're taking a small loss on the FNR4's in order to get a *coupon*. Yes, it's good, but the trade is not 1:1, especially if something in your trade-in is rejected and that pushes your total below $60.

[quote name='crunchewy']FNR4 was not a 1:1 flip even before when I locked it in. You're taking a small loss on the FNR4's in order to get a *coupon*. Yes, it's good, but the trade is not 1:1, especially if something in your trade-in is rejected and that pushes your total below $60.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I managed to scrounge up enough for 2 FNR4 $60+ trades (4 copies). $142.96 in GS credit -> $132 in Amazon credit + hopefully 2 $30 codes, minus $1.60 if you send both packages with DC (I may not this time). The $30 coupon is certainly the goal here, but it would still be a decent enough transfer without it. This is only good assuming you have plenty of GS credit to burn, as I and many other CAGs do. They had better not reject those for any reason - there's absolutely nothing wrong with them.

The flips have been better the last few days such that I'm considering not sending in my Animal Crossing/Excitebots one. (4 copies total for $79.96 at GS to get $66 at Amazon + 1 $30 coupon). Both of those games were easy to find during the 2-day sale at GS - just about every store had multiples. But now it isn't looking like the best trade ever.

Let's say I have $120 in TIV. DO I need to submit it as 2 $60 orders or can I submit it as one and they will give me two codes since it added up to $120?

[quote name='mayonaze03']Let's say I have $120 in TIV. DO I need to submit it as 2 $60 orders or can I submit it as one and they will give me two codes since it added up to $120?[/QUOTE]

needs to be two seperate orders...

Will Gamestop question you for buying multiples of the same game, or will it show up on your account (if you use credit) that someone higher up could eventually see especially if you do it repeatedly?

[quote name='io']I found 2 complete PW Justice for All, 1 cart-only PW, 1 cart-only PW Justice for All, and 1 complete PW Justice for All that was on hold for someone else. So all I bought are the 2 complete ones that were available for a total trade value of $26. Since the others things I submitted on that trade I ended up using in other trades, that's all I have. I'll probably still do it even without the bonus coupon since each one only cost $8.xx at GS. Though probably I ought to check eBay first ;). Oh, and I also need to make sure I have my own copy. I'm pretty sure I do, but you never know.[/QUOTE]

Nice! I think another guy in the old thread got 4 of them complete. I have plenty of Phoenix Wright around me but none are complete and only one came with case.

I wanted to add another comment to my previous post. If i was to send in nothing but Phoenix Wright, i would have sent them all without case and manual. That way they can either accept all or deny all. But the thing that scared me off is Gamestops Return Policy on Used. You only have 7 days to return for full refund. After that you go to the 30 day policy which states that only an exchange for the same item is possible.

[quote name='J7.']Will Gamestop question you for buying multiples of the same game, or will it show up on your account (if you use credit) that someone higher up could eventually see especially if you do it repeatedly?[/QUOTE]
I always love talking about this subject.

What can they question you on? Taking merchandise off their shelves and wondering why? None of their damn business.

I've openly told my local gamestop employee and best buy as to why I was buying 3 copies of the same game. The gamestop employee goes "...That's really clever" and the best buy employee didn't give a fuck.

I went into my local best buy last night after buying 2 copies of the PS3 blazblue LE and 5 copies of Spiderman WOS for 360 and he gave me a dirty look. I smiled back at him as I walked by.

In short: You're doing nothing illegal, nothing against corporate policy, and you're helping them out by buying shit off em. If they got a problem, ask them to quote you the law or corporate policy you're fucking with, then tell them to stfu

[quote name='J7.']Will Gamestop question you for buying multiples of the same game, or will it show up on your account (if you use credit) that someone higher up could eventually see especially if you do it repeatedly?[/QUOTE]

People have reported being blacklisted from specific stores for doing this. Obviously it's YMMV. You're best bet is to hit up those stores you don't frequent much, and try not to make large purchases routinely.

[quote name='Japakneez']
You only have 7 days to return for full refund. After that you go to the 30 day policy which states that only an exchange for the same item is possible.[/QUOTE]

Woah, that's nice to know...but boy does that suck.

I just thought it might fall under the "no dealers" policy. I had heard of people getting banned before.

Oh Im not yelling at you, I'm yelling at the douche$$$s who give you crap about it. You're not doing anything wrong, so why they gotta give you trouble?

Seriously, some people are just power freaks. Like Thanos.

Alright, so the status on the mint game that I sent in a few weeks ago and had rejected as "Damaged" now says "Damaged item - cracked". It didn't say that when they first received it. If those bastards snapped that disc in their own clumsiness they'll have hell to pay. If NorAm really has snoops on here they need to deal with this issue. Several people here have said they got back cracked or broken discs that weren't sent in that way. In this case I am 100% sure because I specifically went to Gamestop to trade the original one I got there for a perfect minty one and inspected it very closely. had it been any other game in this submission I might not have been so sure but this one was perfect. It seems they really need to train their unpackers on how to press the center tab of the disc holder to get them out properly. I know that some of the Wii cases, in particular, can hold on to those discs pretty tightly.

But we'll see - I have to get it back first to see if there really is any damage.

i ordered mw2 prestige with 50% coupon and used credit to pay off the remainder. I'm having second thoughts on it. Can I cancel my order and use the code and credit for rb beatles? So basically, if I cancel my order, will i get the code back to use on another item? i remember reading somewhere here that if you paid everything off (with credit) that locks you into the purchase.

[quote name='enufs8d']i ordered mw2 prestige with 50% coupon and used credit to pay off the remainder. I'm having second thoughts on it. Can I cancel my order and use the code and credit for rb beatles? So basically, if I cancel my order, will i get the code back to use on another item? i remember reading somewhere here that if you paid everything off (with credit) that locks you into the purchase.[/QUOTE]

Yes you can cancel the order and it will show up on your next order.

[quote name='enufs8d']i ordered mw2 prestige with 50% coupon and used credit to pay off the remainder. I'm having second thoughts on it. Can I cancel my order and use the code and credit for rb beatles? So basically, if I cancel my order, will i get the code back to use on another item? i remember reading somewhere here that if you paid everything off (with credit) that locks you into the purchase.[/QUOTE]

I had demon's souls deluxe pre-ordered with eca + 50% off and paid entirely through credit. Cancelled it to get the credit back(and have them charge it to me in what...2 months?) and put it on a used ds(not from amazon, but not like either coupon works on systems anyway). Just put demon's souls back in my cart to pre-order again and without doing anything, it is already taking the 10% and 50% off from the codes I put in like, a week ago.

You might not "get the code back" but it looks like it'll still be ready to use in your cart for the next thing added. Worst case scenario is calling up amazon if it didn't work.

[quote name='Japakneez']8/3/09 TOTD

:360:
$28 Left 4 Dead[/QUOTE]

That would be an epic flip if your local target still has it on clearance for $12.98

[quote name='hmbtnguy']That would be an epic flip if your local target still has it on clearance for $12.98[/QUOTE]

i was excited when i first saw it. For some reason i thought GS dropped the used price down to $35. Unfortunately its still at $45. It will come out to $29 after coupon+edge but i got 10% tax here that kills it for me :(

I still have the PC version of this game sealed. Damn backlog :bomb:

Nice. I added L4D in and am trying to come up with something worth $4 or more to make it $60+ (assuming I can get 2 L4D). Now the site is all flaky and it won't add anything to the trade-in cart.

io, if you don't mind me asking, how much Amazon credit do you have now? It seems like every day you are talking about trading games in.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']io, if you don't mind me asking, how much Amazon credit do you have now? It seems like every day you are talking about trading games in.[/QUOTE]

Not that much at this point - maybe $150? That's after I spent $100 on Beatles Rock band SE which has been my only purchase so far using one of the promo codes. However I do have 4 packages inbound and some more to mail this week. It is really just the last few days that I've been generating a lot of stuff to send in. The GS coupon is making that possible. I'll end up cancelling some of it though - in fact, I'll probably do that with the Phoenix Wright trades. It doesn't seem worth it sending those in for just $13 each. I'm also not sure I'll get in on the L4D deal - we'll see... But I like to talk about it just the same ;).

[quote name='Japakneez']

I still have the PC version of this game sealed. Damn backlog :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Hahah, by the time you get around to it, L4D 2 will have already been released.

:lol:

[quote name='hmbtnguy']That would be an epic flip if your local target still has it on clearance for $12.98[/QUOTE]

Although I doubt they have any... I'm definitely checking my local Target this afternoon.. :D

Iunno if this has already been asked numerous times but if I wanted to trade in a game but the cover is different, can I not trade it in? I'm trying to get another $14 so I can lock in L4D today. Games like Kirby Airride, and Pikmin both are player's choice games but I only have the regular editions. Would I not be able to trade those in?

odd, I just got an email confirming shipping on my TE stick, but it shipped 7/31 and arrives today! yay! I got the email 2 hours ago, odd they didn't update it. If I didn't check my email I wouldn't have know to expect a package on my porch.

[quote name='DarkTang']Iunno if this has already been asked numerous times but if I wanted to trade in a game but the cover is different, can I not trade it in? I'm trying to get another $14 so I can lock in L4D today. Games like Kirby Airride, and Pikmin both are player's choice games but I only have the regular editions. Would I not be able to trade those in?[/QUOTE]

As long as there are not two or more different versions of your game posted (with different trade in prices) than you should be fine.

I.E. If you have the regular version of the game, but the Greatest Hits version is posted, you'll get the same trade-in-credit for it.

Hi guys. I'm finally going to jump on the amazon train. I've read the first post/faq and have read most of the thread, but I'm a little fuzzy on this. I know that 2-3 copies of a game are fine, but I'm just curious if you guys that are trading in 3 copies are trading all three in one shipment or if you're breaking it down into 2 copies and 1 copy. Thanks.

[quote name='bgame2']Hi guys. I'm finally going to jump on the amazon train. I've read the first post/faq and have read most of the thread, but I'm a little fuzzy on this. I know that 2-3 copies of a game are fine, but I'm just curious if you guys that are trading in 3 copies are trading all three in one shipment or if you're breaking it down into 2 copies and 1 copy. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I traded in 3 copies in one shipment, accepted no problem. Unlike gamestop, they allow multiple trades. Hell at gamestop I was denied a trade in of GTAIV for ps3 AND 360. I could only trade in one version, what kind of bullshit is that. I am really liking amazon's trade in program as the TIVs seem near or above gamestops and its amazon credit.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I traded in 3 copies in one shipment, accepted no problem. Unlike gamestop, they allow multiple trades. Hell at gamestop I was denied a trade in of GTAIV for ps3 AND 360. I could only trade in one version, what kind of bullshit is that. I am really liking amazon's trade in program as the TIVs seem near or above gamestops and its amazon credit.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'm looking to buy an LCD and defray some of the cost via trade in credit. Since the trade in credit is linked to the account, I have to trade in all under one account so that I can put it all towards the LCD. If it weren't linked I could create one for me and one for my wife in order to take advantage of the $30 extra credit promo, but as far as I know we couldn't combine the credit from both accounts to buy the TV.

I think that you can get more than one $30 deal one one account. Maybe io can shed some light, I think he mentioned it...

[quote name='bgame2']Thanks! I'm looking to buy an LCD and defray some of the cost via trade in credit. Since the trade in credit is linked to the account, I have to trade in all under one account so that I can put it all towards the LCD. If it weren't linked I could create one for me and one for my wife in order to take advantage of the $30 extra credit promo, but as far as I know we couldn't combine the credit from both accounts to buy the TV.[/QUOTE]

The extra $30 is in the form of a promotion discount on a future game purchase. They don't just stick an extra $30 credit in your account. So, just FYI you can't use that toward the LCD. Maybe you already knew that, but hard to discern from your post.

They take multiples; I don't think anybody has reported a problem with that. Also, this $30 promo can be done more than once; just only once per trade-in submission that meets or exceeds $60.

[quote name='mkernan']The extra $30 is in the form of a promotion discount on a future game purchase. They don't just stick an extra $30 credit in your account. So, just FYI you can't use that toward the LCD. Maybe you already knew that, but hard to discern from your post.

They take multiples; I don't think anybody has reported a problem with that. Also, this $30 promo can be done more than once; just only once per trade-in submission that meets or exceeds $60.[/QUOTE]

Thanks mkernan. I did see that the $30 is a game purchase credit, but I figured that would come in handy for the holidays. And, I saw that I could take advantage of it more than once, but the only way to do that is to use two accounts. So if I had $100 in my wife's and $100 in mine, I would (I think) only be able to use $100 towards the TV because the two of us couldn't use the credit in our two separate accounts to purchase the 1 TV. Hopefully that makes sense, but if you guys know differently please feel free to pm me. Thanks again guys.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']As long as there are not two or more different versions of your game posted (with different trade in prices) than you should be fine.

I.E. If you have the regular version of the game, but the Greatest Hits version is posted, you'll get the same trade-in-credit for it.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? So I wouldn't need to put some back up games in case they don't get accepted?
Can anyone back this up cuz if so I'm locking in my trade today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back