Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BlueLobstah']For you lazy folks, I've put out a "beta" edition of my tiv tracker at http://ativ.scurker.com/tracker. Eventually, I plan on adding a history per title, but in the meantime this page will show daily changes, although it may be incorrect between 12-3am CST and may not correctly show values that have been changed within the same day. If you see anything weird other than that, please shoot me a pm.

Right now only the ASIN is listed, but I will fix that in the next couple of days.

You can see today's changes are only for the trade-in deal of the day with FFVII dropping, Fifa Soccer 09 (360) increasing.

In other news, my $60 trade-in was accepted this morning with no rejections, so now I just need to wait on my $30 code.[/QUOTE]

Nicely done. I feel obligated to give you a donation or something for creating that site, it's a great help to me. You should post something on the site like your paypal account or something and I know I'd throw something your way.

[quote name='converse']Nicely done. I feel obligated to give you a donation or something for creating that site, it's a great help to me. You should post something on the site like your paypal account or something and I know I'd throw something your way.[/QUOTE]

I agree--simply amazing work. I'd gladly donate a few bucks as well.

[quote name='io']The MS points and Wii Motion Plus are great (though I already have 2 Wii Motion Plus and like my points cheaper than that) but can everyone else see what is wrong with the rest of the picks? Think of them as a package deal. Insert redneck jokes here...[/QUOTE]

That's a good price for the grill - would have liked that back in June when I bought the 200.

I never posted this, but I had a game declined in my trade for the 50% coupon. When I got it back, it was a different game that I sent. Sent an email to Amazon, and while they didn't give me a 50% code, they gave me $50 credit and a $10 bonus for the declined game. So, while I could use a 50% code on certain items to get more than $60, I think I actually prefer this outcome - I wasn't really feeling the need to buy anything over $120.

Also got the Diabolical Box in my quick picks a few days ago. Had to add an accessory filler to use up the difference with ECA and $30 code.

[quote name='Japakneez']It isn't a tracking service. Its just meant to tell you when/where it is delivered.[/QUOTE]
I know, but the added tracking is great for peace-of-mind. I mean, I don't need to pay $.80 for them to tell me it's delivered, since Amazon does that already. I may ask for a refund if they fail to notify me of delivery, though.

[quote name='confoosious']Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. These assholes are returning one of my discs as "damaged" and now i'm out $28.

Grrrr.[/QUOTE]

Was one of your games $28 TIV? or did you pay money to ship etc?

Got my $30 code early today...also got Heavy Rain and RCF: Crack in Time in my Goldbox
Heavy Rain seems to far away of a release to warrant a preorder, but I may get Ratchet.

EDIT: Amazon has Heavy Rain releasing Dec 2011, but searching online says it will release early 2010...now I can't decide between Heavy Rain or Ratchet

Last edited by a moderator:
They received my trade-ins and I got my credit but not the $30 code as of yet. Should be soon though, probably in time for me to put in an order for Wolfenstein.

Are they still doing that deal on ODST where you get a $10 gift card when you pre-order?

Sending off my 2nd and most likely last order for awhile. I don't have anything other games laying around, bbv's deal has long been over and I'd have to be really lucky to get a load of games from gamestop, mint and complete, all at one location IF they have a good coupon sometime soon and a few good flips to amazon. There are no other GS's within like 30 minutes and I just don't care that much =P But their basic deals + eca will definitely keep me coming back even after this credit is gone.

Was supposed to get in halo wars in the mail, but I guess it'll be late and I have to send this off without it. No problem because I'm already at like 74$ anyway. I might even just try to sell that game normally, amazon is only offering like 20$ for it...

one of my two orders that i sent out on friday arrived today, hopefully by tomorrow my other order will get accepted as well.
also on a side note, one of my orders was received monday, and i recieved the $30 coupon 4am today, so it was a 2 day wait period.

My Gold Box carried over to this afternoon from last night (has never happened before to my knowledge) and I received my $30 coupon this morning, so I was able to get New Super Mario Bros. Wii for $9.94 after ECA, FSSS, $30 coupon, and Gold Box discounts. Plus, $5 in MP3 credit when it ships.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']For you lazy folks, I've put out a "beta" edition of my tiv tracker at http://ativ.scurker.com/tracker. Eventually, I plan on adding a history per title, but in the meantime this page will show daily changes, although it may be incorrect between 12-3am CST and may not correctly show values that have been changed within the same day. If you see anything weird other than that, please shoot me a pm.
.[/QUOTE]

:applause::bow::applause::bow::applause:...is all I can say.

Seriously, this should be highlighted in the OP!

Let us know if you setup a Paypal account to help donate to the cause.

[quote name='converse']I see others got their $30 codes last night, I did too, so hopefully the backlog is done.

Just a quick note to those who might want to pad their trade-in accounts in light of getting so many $30 codes. You can buy Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum for Wii for $27.99 and then trade it for $17.25. I've done this with a couple of my codes now, I'm effectively trading the $30 in game-only credit for $17.25 in all-Amazon credit. Not the best conversion, but likely better than you could get selling the codes. I've got plenty of these $30 codes, more than I will use for my own gaming purchases.[/QUOTE]

fuck - they are giving $17.25 for it now? I locked in a few of those at $15.50 with my EO/SW trades from last week and have mailed most of them already. Oh well...

[quote name='thenockmlb']My Gold Box carried over to this afternoon from last night (has never happened before to my knowledge) and I received my $30 coupon this morning, so I was able to get New Super Mario Bros. Wii for $9.94 after ECA, FSSS, $30 coupon, and Gold Box discounts. Plus, $5 in MP3 credit when it ships.[/QUOTE]

Nice - mine have been carrying over too but that means I still have all the office supplies from yesterday :bomb:.

[quote name='k04sm02']Did my first Amazon trade-in (I haven't traded games in in forever)

Didn't really notice that multiple submissions on the same account would reap multiple $30 codes but no biggie. Submitted it all at once, with UPS today.

COD4- $20
Bioshock- $7.50 (beat it when it first game out and ahven't played it since)
Bully 360- $9
LOTR BFME2 - $5
NCAA football 10- $27.50
chinatown wars - $15
hawx- $13
FF7 - 40 (sprung on this, even though I may regret it later. I can always pick it up again on PSN)

So 137 for all those. Plus the coupon. Not bad. I kind of rushed it because I wanted to try and get the code to get in on the Arkham Asylum pre-order deal. I may miss FF7 a bit, evne though I haven't played it in awhile.[/QUOTE]

Have you send it in yet? If not, you can always edit it, DON"T CANCEL and KEEP THE FF 7 in that trade, . and create a 2nd submission for the rest of the game

[quote name='thenockmlb']My Gold Box carried over to this afternoon from last night (has never happened before to my knowledge) and I received my $30 coupon this morning, so I was able to get New Super Mario Bros. Wii for $9.94 after ECA, FSSS, $30 coupon, and Gold Box discounts. Plus, $5 in MP3 credit when it ships.[/QUOTE]

Sounds right. My Gold Box updates itself around 4pm (pst).

[quote name='kojubat']

I never posted this, but I had a game declined in my trade for the 50% coupon. When I got it back, it was a different game that I sent. Sent an email to Amazon, and while they didn't give me a 50% code, they gave me $50 credit and a $10 bonus for the declined game. So, while I could use a 50% code on certain items to get more than $60, I think I actually prefer this outcome - I wasn't really feeling the need to buy anything over $120.

[/QUOTE]

Thats an excellent replacement. You got more than you could have sold a 50% code for :applause:

UPS Update...

Turned it over to the UPS Store near me (Southern Wisconsin) yesterday around 4PM. It was checked through Illinois, and is on it's way to Massachusetts today. I'm guessing it'll arrive tomorrow.

Pretty slick. Seems to be a lot faster than what people were getting with USPS.

UPS is always better lol. No matter what I order, if its ups, then it's here within like 5 days. Anywhere in the US, no matter what shipping costs. Tracking is always up to date.

Wish I could've redone my order, stuff just fluctuated up and down a few cents, I'd make out about even other than endless ocean which I locked in as trade of the day. I had to stick with media mail again.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Looks like I received my $30 promo code this morning. This comes after 2 days after my account was credited with my trade-in.[/QUOTE]

See, now this does worry me. So yours were received Monday and you got the $30 code today? Because I got 2 codes last night (early this morning actually - the same time as yours I'm sure) but they should have been for the ones they got on Fri and Sat. They also got 2 shipments from me on Monday though. So either those are still on the way or I really got credited for those and they skipped the earlier two. This is gonna get confusing ;).

Edit - My mistake, my two this week were actually accepted Tuesday AM and not Monday. So if they are back on the 2-day schedule again that means I should expect those two codes tonight - nice!

Vortextk - yeah, it is EO that I'm stuck with too. Well, and Star Wars Lightsaber Duels. But the other stuff hasn't changed much. The problem is I had both of those mixed in with my last three trades (that need to be mailed today) so there's no redoing them at this point. I guess these will be my last media mail shipments though so that's nice.

ROFL, so my one week old trade was received and verified today and the older one (now over two weeks) is still nowhere to be found. Well, they have until next Monday before I file a claim, since it was insured (and I'll be claiming the full retail value, since I only have receipts of the original purchases; $90 turns into $180, yay).

Now the wait for my $30 code begins. . .

That's weird. My Amazon Quick Picks changed mid-day. I've never had that happen. Not even sure why I went back to the page. Anyway, finally got rid of romance novels and moved to video games again...just nothing I actually want.

[quote name='Geello']I mailed out a shit ton of SNES/N64 games that were cart only. I will post my results for you all when it finally gets reviewed.[/QUOTE]

And the verdict is - No, they don't accept these. Not a single one.

Wow, looks like Amazon just answered a question I asked a while back. The trade in value of FIFA 09 (the trade of the day) just dropped from $26 to $19.50!

That sucks!

How scratched can the disks be that they accept?

Most of my discs are in excellent condition but CoD4 for example... has some scratches

I never got any games in my quick picks until I visited the recommendation wizard and rated games. Now today everything in my quick picks is games. It lets you search for items and rate them, different from going through past purchases and marking as do not use or rating those. Found it by clicking help on the adjust your recommendations page. Question, if you search for a game and rate it (in the wizard), will that game show up in your quick picks or only similar games you don't rate?

[quote name='io']My picks are all office and computer supplies for some reason (never bought such a thing from Amazon ever).[/QUOTE]

You weren't the person who had to order more color ink for their printer from Amazon in order to print the shipping labels from Amazon for sending games to Amazon were you? I still find that irony delicious.

I'm kinda relieved we don't have a good coupon or flips recently. I actually have time to hit my backlog. Then again all these $30 coupons i should be getting will just spiral it outta control again :lol:

What games are you guys looking forward to? I should have 6 coupons in total and am looking at the following

1- Gears of War 2 GOTY (already ordered)
2- StarCraft 2
3- Modern Warfare 2 Hardened
4- NBA 2K10 (go lakers!)
5- Tekken 5
6- ???

Getting new games for $24 each after coupon+ECA is ridiculous! But i'm still on the fence on several more games. The sad thing is that it doesn't seem like i have enough $30 coupons! I'm sure im not the only one realizing this :rofl:

:drool: Many more games to consider...
Maybe we should start a pre-order list so we don't overlook some titles!

Assasin's Creed 2
Batman Arkham Asylum
Bayonetta
Bioshock 2
Borderlands
Demon's Souls
Diablo 3
DJ Hero
Dragon Age
Forza 3
God of War 3
Gran Turismo 5
Guitar Hero 5 w/Van Halen (dammit i didn't even consider it before the latest offer!)
Halo ODST
Left 4 Dead 2
Mario Galaxy 2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Metroid Other M
New Super Mario Brothers
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Rock Band Beatles
Uncharted 2

$30 coupon is too good!

[quote name='converse']Nicely done. I feel obligated to give you a donation or something for creating that site, it's a great help to me. You should post something on the site like your paypal account or something and I know I'd throw something your way.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I agree--simply amazing work. I'd gladly donate a few bucks as well.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the offers, but just think of this of me giving back to the community that has helped save me thousands of dollars. In that sense, I've already more than made back anything I would expect from this. Just keep on finding these amazing deals, and I'll do what I can to help. ;)

[quote name='Japakneez']I'm kinda relieved we don't have a good coupon or flips recently. I actually have time to hit my backlog. Then again all these $30 coupons i should be getting will just spiral it outta control again :lol:

What games are you guys looking forward to? [/QUOTE]

Definite Brutal Legends, Batman: AA, Demon's Souls. I don't think I'm going to buy ACII on release, but it's a must play for me. So many other titles I had coming up got pushed to next year. Maybe one or two more purchases, everything else will be rental or used(as soon as I figure out what I actually want, don't have a lot of info on most of these)

[quote name='Japakneez']
What games are you guys looking forward to? I should have 6 coupons in total and am looking at the following
[/QUOTE]

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Scribblenauts
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Saw
Assassin's Creed II
Batman: Arkham Asylum

Possibly a $30 code on Wii Sports Resort or East India Company.

Cuksis - I still see $26 for FIFA 09...

[quote name='Geello']And the verdict is - No, they don't accept these. Not a single one.[/QUOTE]

That really sucks.

[quote name='J7.']I never got any games in my quick picks until I visited the recommendation wizard and rated games. Now today everything in my quick picks is games. It lets you search for items and rate them, different from going through past purchases and marking as do not use or rating those. Found it by clicking help on the adjust your recommendations page. Question, if you search for a game and rate it (in the wizard), will that game show up in your quick picks or only similar games you don't rate?

You weren't the person who had to order more color ink for their printer from Amazon in order to print the shipping labels from Amazon for sending games to Amazon were you? I still find that irony delicious.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to ruin your delicious irony, but no, that wasn't me. Like I said, I have never ordered office or computer supplies from Amazon.

And I did the full game recommendation thing last week. It resulted in about 2 days of games in my quick picks. Then it reverted to crap again so enjoy it while it lasts. Mine just switched over from the office and computer supplies to this wonderful assortment: flea traps, an electric shaver, the same grill brush that was in my wife's picks yesterday, a body grooming system, a battery charger, Oral-B toothbrush heads, and something I can't even identify. So yesterday they tried to get my wife a raccoon grilling set (a trap + a grill). Today they seem to be saying something about my personal hygiene! :rofl:

I just wants some damn games mixed in there, is that too much to ask?

[quote name='io']
I just wants some damn games mixed in there, is that too much to ask?[/QUOTE]

I use two accounts as well. I've seen a lot of the same items between the two, over the weeks and posted here by other cags. Those oral b toothbrush heads for example, seen them ATLEAST twice, if not one or two more times. The baby wipes I've seen like 3 times. I also got the grill, the grill brush and numerous other things that people post. But then other people pre-order 3 games a day, I don't get it =/

I read over the OP, and didn't see anything and this thread is already 39 pages...so I think its ok to ask, anyone know how long 'processing' (under status of order) usually takes?

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I read over the OP, and didn't see anything and this thread is already 39 pages...so I think its ok to ask, anyone know how long 'processing' (under status of order) usually takes?[/QUOTE]

Actually, it is in the OP...

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit in 3 to 5 business days, however.

Technically once you send your order off, it could take up to 14 BUSINESS days to arrive and be processed. Once it has been, you'll be sent notice whether all or part of your trade in was accepted and given the correct amount.

It can take anywhere from 2-10 days (maximum) to receive a promotional code. (this should probably go into the OP though)

[quote name='Geello']And the verdict is - No, they don't accept these. Not a single one.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm.... That's odd. I sent in 10+ N64/SNES games last month and they accepted all of them. All but one were game cartridge only.

[quote name='io']Cuksis - I still see $26 for FIFA 09...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was actually 19.50 for a while (i checked after i saw the post from Cuksis), but it looks like it is back to $26 again. Who knows what happened.

Zodiac, I think Irish is asking how long it will say "processing" on your account. This is the time between acceptance and when they give you credit. 9 times out of 10 there is no delay - they receive and process immediately. However, read my posts a few pages back and you'll see I had one stuck processing for about 4 days. The only issue was I didn't send everything so maybe that took extra time for them to verify. Anything like that with yours Irish?

Typing from iPhone so sorry for shortness :)

[quote name='io']Cuksis - I still see $26 for FIFA 09...[/QUOTE]

Yea I see that now. It must have been an error or something.

Well, just got back from the PO (and my son's drum lesson where I was typing that last message from ;)). I mailed 3 more boxes today so I'm just about done. I have one more submission under the old media mail procedure for Beautiful Katamari and Halo Wars and then nothing after that. Hopefully there will be something next week at least so I can try out this UPS option!

But it's a relief to have most of the work done. Now I gets to use my codes and spends my monies. So the cat and mouse game of waiting for Gold Box quick picks begins...

It's funny, though, because I just checked a couple of my DC numbers and 2 packages I sent on the 7th already got delivered today! Seriously, the delivery time has gone down steadily with each one I send, almost like they are getting the hang of it or something ;). The first one I sent in for the 50% promo took over 2 weeks. These last two took just 5 days - including Sunday! That is actually pretty remarkable. I don't see UPS beating that to be honest (UPS Ground stuff usually takes an intolerable amount of time IMO). I have yet to receive the credit from these but I can expect that tomorrow.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']

It can take anywhere from 2-10 days (maximum) to receive a promotional code. (this should probably go into the OP though)[/QUOTE]

It's added to FAQ. Thanks.

[quote name='Japakneez']I'm kinda relieved we don't have a good coupon or flips recently. I actually have time to hit my backlog. Then again all these $30 coupons i should be getting will just spiral it outta control again :lol:

1- Gears of War 2 GOTY (already ordered)
2- StarCraft 2
3- Modern Warfare 2 Hardened
4- NBA 2K10 (go lakers!)
5- Tekken 5
6- ???

Getting new games for $24 each after coupon+ECA is ridiculous! But i'm still on the fence on several more games. The sad thing is that it doesn't seem like i have enough $30 coupons! I'm sure im not the only one realizing this :rofl:

:drool: Many more games to consider...
Maybe we should start a pre-order list so we don't overlook some titles!

Assasin's Creed 2
Batman Arkham Asylum
Bayonetta
Bioshock 2
Borderlands
Demon's Souls
Diablo 3
DJ Hero
Dragon Age
Forza 3
God of War 3
Gran Turismo 5
Guitar Hero 5 w/Van Halen (dammit i didn't even consider it before the latest offer!)
Halo ODST
Left 4 Dead 2
Mario Galaxy 2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Metroid Other M
New Super Mario Brothers
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Rock Band Beatles
Uncharted 2

$30 coupon is too good!
[/QUOTE]

My small list below

Madden 10
Halo ODST
CODMW2 (PC)
L4D2 (PC)

Actually I have 3 coupons for the first 3 and I'll also get a 10 dollar credit for pre-ordering each and be able to get L4D2 for like 10 bucks. I'm also looking at alot of stuff on the lists above come on more good flips!!!

So wait...are they giving out coupons for more than one order per account or are you guys creating multiple Amazon accounts?

Also, how picky are they with condition? I sent in a game with my order that has a couple of tiny marks on it, but still plays.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']So wait...are they giving out coupons for more than one order per account or are you guys creating multiple Amazon accounts?

Also, how picky are they with condition? I sent in a game with my order that has a couple of tiny marks on it, but still plays.[/QUOTE]

There's no need to make additional accounts. The second line of the details says "In the case of multiple trade-in orders, the coupon code will be given for each qualifying order that is received.". That makes it pretty clear that you can get multiple codes.

I just sent off a few that are not quite perfect so we'll see how that goes. I'm not sure I ever really remember anyone getting one rejected because of scratches though. The only rejections seem to be for missing case or manual and cracked discs. When I was poking around their web site (NorAm's that is) I noticed they have a professional resurfacing service. So it could be they can easily fix most scratched games. I have no idea if they send some of the trade-ins through that or not though, but given they have the capability they may be more willing to accept scratches vs incomplete stuff.

But I have had ones accepted that were certainly not mint and some that had a fair amount of light scratches - clearly nothing that would effect playability though.

Has anyone had a rejection because the disc was scratched? I mean, I'm sure they'd reject them if they were in horrible condition but we really don't have a handle on the threshold unless more people report why things were rejected and comment on the condition.

Just to recap, I've had 2 things rejected. One was a DS game without a manual. The other was a Wii game that had the tiniest little crack at the very center plastic part that went from the edge of the inner hole about 1mm into the plastic and nowhere near the data portion of the disc. Clearly this was not going to effect play. So they seem really keen on rejecting discs with the tiniest cracks so be careful there. But that makes sense since you can't refurb cracks.

I just packed up my first amazon trade in submission.

FF7 - $40
FFtactics - $6
Castlevania SotN - $10.50
Metal Gear Twin Snakes - $9.50
+ $30
= $95.75

I did my homework and that's pretty close to what I could sell them for on ebay. Overall, I figured it was a good deal. I'm not going to play any of those PSX games or Metal Gear for gamecube again, so why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back