Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']Unfortunately, no. gi60 would have to make a new thread and have you make the third post. I can delete posts but not move them.

In other news: Boooo! It looks like no codes are coming out tonight either. Has anyone else gotten any since the flurry on Tues night/Weds AM? I'm still owed a few from Tuesday's deliveries.[/QUOTE]

I received my email with 5 codes in it about an hour ago. My trades were accepted on Tuesday.

Sent my games in this week, including a copy of a boxed in Guitar Hero World Tour and it was accepted. ($11) - just an FYI as I know it's YMMV.

Figured I would go ahead and trade GHWT and GHSH since I can borrow them from a friend (who never trades his games) when GH5 comes out and import the majority of the songs.

[quote name='Maizrim']Sent my games in this week, including a copy of a boxed in Guitar Hero World Tour and it was accepted. ($11) - just an FYI as I know it's YMMV.

Figured I would go ahead and trade GHWT and GHSH since I can borrow them from a friend (who never trades his games) when GH5 comes out and import the majority of the songs.[/QUOTE]

Did I miss something? Did Guitar Hero say you can import songs from old games? I thought that was only Rock Band.

EDIT: Found article: http://blastmagazine.com/the-magazi...ar-hero-5-allows-for-track-importing-finally/

Awesome!

[quote name='Maizrim']And that's half of what you need to get to the magical $60 too... $21 for GHSH and $11 for GHWT. :)[/QUOTE]

wait so you traded GHSH and GHWT and justified by saying you can borrow a friends and get the songs from there? I havent followed the thread that much recently.

Unlike Rock Band, GH5 will require you to have a unique code from WT and SH I believe. So you need the disc and the code from then original disc.

In order to rip the tracks from GHWT and SH discs will need to purchase what Activision says will be a "nominal re-licensing fee" and have the unique 20-digit code on the back of the games' manuals.
yep seems that way so I;d hold onto your GHWT and SH for now. Or keep the manual and trade the game into gamestop. Or write the codes down and use them as soon as GH5 releases. Chances are the games wont be bought from noram by then right?

[quote name='Maizrim']And that's half of what you need to get to the magical $60 too... $21 for GHSH and $11 for GHWT. :)[/QUOTE]

Well, I was thinking about getting GHSH with one of my codes. This seals it. Next one I get is going there...and then the game's going back to Amazon once GH5 comes out. After reading the article, the mention that some songs will be able to be transferred makes me nervous. Does some mean 20 or almost all like RB?

Well, I added up my Total, and it was 61.78, and I was like happy, but then I thought......wtf would I do wit 90 bucks? haha, Ive played most games, but IT IS a really good deal, I think.

I literally checked my e-mail as the coupon code arrived, so it looks like they are going out in waves independent of your actual process/verified date. Coincidentally, mine came just under 48 hours after the trade was approved.

However, they raised the price of Wolfenstein by $2 this morning, which really pisses me off. I'd also like to know why the hell it would take them an entire week after release just to ship it under FSSS. Slow shipping I can understand (and 5-9 business days is damn slow), but to not ship it right away on a pre-order blows my mind.

You're damn lucky I'm making money off you Amazon, or else I'd take my ball and go home!

I tried to read through as many pages as possible to answer this question... but I couldn't find an answer through approximately 35 of 44 pages. If you're trading in used Gamestop games, are people having to peel off the Gamestop stickers before sending them in?

[quote name='azngtlman']I tried to read through as many pages as possible to answer this question... but I couldn't find an answer through approximately 35 of 44 pages. If you're trading in used Gamestop games, are people having to peel off the Gamestop stickers before sending them in?[/QUOTE]

I did, I'd recommend you did too. I even traded one of my game cases for a cracked on fearing they'd reject it. I was only a few $ away from the limit so I couldn't take any risks.

[quote name='azngtlman']I tried to read through as many pages as possible to answer this question... but I couldn't find an answer through approximately 35 of 44 pages. If you're trading in used Gamestop games, are people having to peel off the Gamestop stickers before sending them in?[/QUOTE]

Yeah peel off the stickers. I wouldn't take any chances either.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I did, I'd recommend you did too. I even traded one of my game cases for a cracked on fearing they'd reject it. I was only a few $ away from the limit so I couldn't take any risks.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I try to make the games look as nice as possible before sending them off. I'd rather give up a game case in good condition if that improves the chances of the trade getting accepted.

I hit the freaking motherload in my Gold Box quick picks today! After getting NSMB Wii yesterday which was one of my top 5 wants, I got THREE more of them today. Good thing I got that email with 3 codes this morning.

The three:

Metroid Other M
Super Mario Galaxy 2
and a surprise: Katamari Forever

Hell yes, I'm preordering all three ASAP!

I also got Little King's Story which I might consider getting. I'm also very tempted by the Halo Wars LE at $35 (normal Gold Box deal). I got the game for $5 from HWV but the LE might be nice.

I dunno, I guess preordering NSMB Wii paid off. If I can get Demon's Souls Deluxe edition and GH5 I'm pretty much set.

Sweet:

Katamari Forever:
Subtotal of Items: $46.99
Shipping & Handling: $4.49
Gold Box Discount: -$2.35
Super Saver Discount: -$4.49
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$4.70
Promotion Applied: -$30.00
Credit Upon Ship: -$0.00
------
Total: $9.94
Gift Cards: -$9.94
------
Total for this Order: $0.00

Super Mario Galaxy 2:
Subtotal of Items: $49.99
Shipping & Handling: $4.49
Gold Box Discount: -$2.50
Super Saver Discount: -$4.49
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$5.00
Promotion Applied: -$30.00
Credit Upon Ship: -$0.00
------
Total: $12.49
Gift Cards: -$12.49
------
Total for this Order: $0.00

This pretty much cinches it that I am going to make use of that GS coupon to get at least one more set of stuff to send in.

Grrr. My pre-order of Gears 2 GOTY gave me one good day of gold box picks. Maybe because it isn't shipped yet. I'm strongly considering a pre-order of Modern Warfare 2. That should help pick things up again.

RE quick picks. I never got any game items in my quick picks until I did the recommendation wizard (different from the recommendations for you page). Now all I get every day is game items in my quick picks. Today there is Castlevania Ecclesia, 360 120 gb HDD 20% off, 360 1600 pts card, psp case. Yet to get anything I want though. Note I've only bought one actual game off Amazon before and that was almost a year ago.

[quote name='io']
In addition to NSMB Wii, I have the following: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain, God Hand, Radiata Stories, Star Ocean (360), Retro Game Challenge, Devil Survivor, and some DS game I've never heard of called Nostalgia.
.[/QUOTE]
Do yourself a favor and preorder Nostalgia asap!

[quote name='J7.']RE quick picks. I never got any game items in my quick picks until I did the recommendation wizard (different from the recommendations for you page). Now all I get every day is game items in my quick picks. Today there is Castlevania Ecclesia, 360 120 gb HDD 20% off, 360 1600 pts card, psp case. Yet to get anything I want though. Note I've only bought one actual game off Amazon before and that was almost a year ago.[/QUOTE]

I'd never even heard of such a thing, but I'm going to do it now. Thanks.

Here's the link, btw:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/rate-it

Edit: Although, now that I'm looking at it, this doesn't seem any different than what I've done in the past.

[quote name='mkernan']I'd never even heard of such a thing, but I'm going to do it now. Thanks.

Here's the link, btw:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/rate-it

Edit: Although, now that I'm looking at it, this doesn't seem any different than what I've done in the past.[/QUOTE]

I was going to post the link but it takes you to the sign in page, though now I think that's better than nothing, people will get to it if they sign in. I rated the game up before in my recommendation history and removed items from being used for recommendations there or marked them as gifts. That did not work. So I saw help link on that page, clicked it, and read and saw the recommendation wizard mentioned. So I went there and typed in games I want and rated them. Since I did that all I get in my quick picks is games. Can't hurt to try it.

[quote name='J7.']

Do yourself a favor and preorder Nostalgia asap![/QUOTE]

Read back a page - once I got 3 more codes at 5am I went ahead and preordered Nostalgia. Good thing, too, as all my picks changed between then and 10am. I found very little info on this game on the web - why did I want to get it again? ;)

So after preordering SMG2 and Katamari, I have one more code. I guess I'll use it on Metroid Other M and just hope something awesome like Demon's Souls doesn't show up in the next few days till I get some more codes (depending on Amazon's whim on delivering those).

They received my order today, and the gift card was immediately deposited into my account. Accepted 3 days after shipping from Southern Wisconsin using UPS. Very, very pleased.

The Show 09.............................$24.25
Resistance 2..............................$15.00 (Missed the DOTD)
LittleBigPlanet............................$15.25
Fallout 3....................................$14.50
Golden Sun................................$4.00
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga....$4.00
Advance Wars............................$3.50
-------------------------------------------------
Total.........................................$81.50

Madden 10...............................-$54.99
Total.........................................$26.51
Gift Card from Madden 10...........$10.00
Gift Card from Trades.................$30.00
Total.........................................$66.51

The bonus gift cards should come in plenty of time to preorder Uncharted 2 :D Very happy. Amazon comes through again.

I rated some more games using the Recommendation Wizard. We'll see if that changes anything

I bet i get a new hoover vacuum :bomb:

Well this was the second time my KOTORII got rejected, saying the game was Cracked. I took off the sticker that read "damaged" when it came in, got the thing resurfaced, made sure it played, and sent it back. It got rejected.

I called them up and complained, and they credited my account with the promotional $30 coupon anyway.

But it's ridiculous. I don't understand for the life of me why the thing was rejected. The instruction manual looked like it had some water damage, but it was legible. I was pissed. At least they took care of me.

[quote name='io']Read back a page - once I got 3 more codes at 5am I went ahead and preordered Nostalgia. Good thing, too, as all my picks changed between then and 10am. I found very little info on this game on the web - why did I want to get it again? ;)

So after preordering SMG2 and Katamari, I have one more code. I guess I'll use it on Metroid Other M and just hope something awesome like Demon's Souls doesn't show up in the next few days till I get some more codes (depending on Amazon's whim on delivering those).[/QUOTE]

I finally made it to the page where you mentioned that, I was still reading older posts a couple pages back when I posted that. It should be a great game based on all the talent developing it and the type of game they're trying to make. Here http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188824&highlight=nostalgia

I sent my first shipment on Monday from NY and they received my shipment yesterday, got credit for my trade in today. Hopefully get the code soon. I sent in 4 games for a total of $65.

One of my cases was a little screwed up. It was a PS3 game, the plastic was messed up on the cover (the clear part over the cover art). It was basically wrinkled and warped on a spot (me trying to remove gamestop sticker haha). Similarly, the cover art was worn harshly on the bottom edge. I guess they're not too picky as long as you have original cover art and manual. The other 3 cases were pretty mint and only had a few small scuffs.

2 of the discs I sent in were flawless, the other 2 had a lot of light scratches just from being played. Either way as previous posters have mentioned they don't really care about scratches.

I'd definitely use amazon service again, assuming they keep up the good deals. Had no problems at all (I reserve the right to complain if I don't get my code).

Well... it seems they accept SNES games with no manual/case but not N64 games.

1 Monster Hunter Freedom 2 1 Sony PSP $9.00 Gift Card Deposited
2 TMNT IV Turtles/Time DUPLICATE 1 Nintendo Super NES $0.00 Returned - Damaged Item
3 Final Fantasy III 1 Super Nintendo $7.00 Gift Card Deposited
4 Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's 1 Super Nintendo $4.00 Gift Card Deposited
5 Tetris Attack 1 Nintendo Super NES $2.25 Gift Card Deposited
6 Super Mario RPG: Legend of the 1 Nintendo Super NES $0.00 Returned - Damaged Item
7 Super Mario World 1 Nintendo Super NES $3.25 Gift Card Deposited
8 Doom 1 Super Nintendo $2.00 Gift Card Deposited
9 Super Mario All Stars 1 Super Nintendo $7.25 Gift Card Deposited
10 Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie K 1 Nintendo Super NES $6.00 Gift Card Deposited
11 Super Mario Kart 1 Nintendo Super NES $6.00 Gift Card Deposited
12 Donkey Kong Country 1 Nintendo Super NES $0.00 Returned - Damaged Item

I'm curious why the ones that got rejected did... the carts were all in great condition. The world may never know.

Edit - Oh well, I only wanted the money to get Borderlands any how! =p

They finally received my two packages from the Endless Ocean flips. (8 days shipping from AZ, 1 day longer than my average of 7 days). Hopefully the codes come in so i can try and get the games i want in my quick picks before my free trial of prime expires in 10 days. Unfortunately i got uncharted 2 in my quick picks yesterday, before i even had the trade in credit let alone the coupons.

[quote name='theb1rdm4n']They finally received my two packages from the Endless Ocean flips. (8 days shipping from AZ, 1 day longer than my average of 7 days). Hopefully the codes come in so i can try and get the games i want in my quick picks before my free trial of prime expires in 10 days. Unfortunately i got uncharted 2 in my quick picks yesterday, before i even had the trade in credit let alone the coupons.[/QUOTE]
I have Uncharted today as well.
I'll just order it and have them retroactively apply the credit and coupon.

Don't see why that shouldn't work.

[quote name='xboxsox']I sent my first shipment on Monday from NY and they received my shipment yesterday, got credit for my trade in today. Hopefully get the code soon. I sent in 4 games for a total of $65.

One of my cases was a little screwed up. It was a PS3 game, the plastic was messed up on the cover (the clear part over the cover art). It was basically wrinkled and warped on a spot (me trying to remove gamestop sticker haha). Similarly, the cover art was worn harshly on the bottom edge. I guess they're not too picky as long as you have original cover art and manual. The other 3 cases were pretty mint and only had a few small scuffs.

2 of the discs I sent in were flawless, the other 2 had a lot of light scratches just from being played. Either way as previous posters have mentioned they don't really care about scratches.

I'd definitely use amazon service again, assuming they keep up the good deals. Had no problems at all (I reserve the right to complain if I don't get my code).[/QUOTE]
I've had a cover (plastic part) with some knife marks on it (not all the way through) get accepted. Also got manual accepted before that was slightly torn and bent. Also got a disc accepted that had a medium amount of light scratches. I'm still trying to borrow a digital camera again so I can take pictures of the disc condition to show how bad it was and it being still accepted. If anyone has pics of bad covers, cases, manuals, or discs that got accepted please post one.

Yeah, like I said before, I think they are fairly lenient with disc condition in terms of scratches (but not cracks).

As you can see from here:
http://www.norampartners.com/
NorAm operates one of the largest DVD, CD and Video Game repair facilities in North America, with capacity to handle over 10,000 full repairs daily.

they have a way of refurbing discs if need be.

[quote name='J7.']RE quick picks. I never got any game items in my quick picks until I did the recommendation wizard (different from the recommendations for you page). Now all I get every day is game items in my quick picks. Today there is Castlevania Ecclesia, 360 120 gb HDD 20% off, 360 1600 pts card, psp case. Yet to get anything I want though. Note I've only bought one actual game off Amazon before and that was almost a year ago.

Do yourself a favor and preorder Nostalgia asap![/QUOTE]

wait so quick question, should i rate games i actually want? or just games related to the ones i want?

also yesterday i went into my "not interested" list and unchecked a bunch of games i sort of wanted (since i wasn't getting any games for a few days) and today i have a whole bunch of those "sort of" games..but nothing i'm willing to buy lol.
Zelda: Spirit Tracks
God of War 3 (i don't have a PS3 yet)
Wii Motion Plus
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (i bought the first one last year...it's still sealed..not much of a Wii player)
Halo Reach (way to early for me to consider buying)

Anything you rate will NOT appear in your gold box. The system assumes if you rate it, you already own it.

Also, if it's on your wish list it will never appear in your gold box.

EDIT: I sent in 2 packages on Monay. I was credited for one Weds. afternoon & the other Thurs. morning. Got the coupon for the first one this morning, so I'm assuming I'll get the other one tonight/tomorrow. Have another package ready to ship (as soon as I can find another box) that will net me another $6x + $30. This is going a long way towards paying off my fall purchases. :)

Maybe a silly question, if the listing on the trade-in page for say Crackdown is platinum hits and you send them a regular non-platinum hits game will they reject it? Does it matter one way or the other?

Well I give up with my GB, since purchasing Wolfenstein apparently nets me Monsters Vs Aliens on BD. Really Amazon? Despite the tens of other games sitting in my recommendations, you pick some shitty movie?!

/rage

Kind of off topic, but does anyone know if you can use 2 of the $75 console coupons on the same account? I used one about a month ago, and i'm not sure if I can use another one.

Thanks to anyone that can answer this.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']wait so you traded GHSH and GHWT and justified by saying you can borrow a friends and get the songs from there? I havent followed the thread that much recently.

Unlike Rock Band, GH5 will require you to have a unique code from WT and SH I believe. So you need the disc and the code from then original disc.

yep seems that way so I;d hold onto your GHWT and SH for now. Or keep the manual and trade the game into gamestop. Or write the codes down and use them as soon as GH5 releases. Chances are the games wont be bought from noram by then right?[/QUOTE]

Ah, did not know about a unique code. I probably jumped the gun but can figure out something later - I did the same thing with Rock Band once I heard about the feature for RB2 and was lucky to get $28 store credit for RB before the price dropped fast.

Thanks for the heads up/correction!

[quote name='argyle']Anything you rate will NOT appear in your gold box. The system assumes if you rate it, you already own it.

Also, if it's on your wish list it will never appear in your gold box.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to confirm this. Don't rate anything you want. It's kind of stupid that there's a separate "I own it" box you can check.

Also, I advise keeping DVDs out of the list of things that affect your recommendations. I added 3 the other day as an experiment and started getting weird music CDs, books, and a Brita water filter...still had KH 358/2 Days, but that was it for games.

Finally got my coupon code today. Might use it on Wolfenstein but I haven't seen any reviews for it yet.

[quote name='argyle']This is going a long way towards paying off my fall purchases. :)[/QUOTE]

Fall, and most of next year too if I keep getting preorders like SMG 2 and Metroid Other M as gold box quick picks ;).

So that Halo Wars LE Gold Box pick (the normal gold box - the one everyone gets) was nice as coincidentally I am sending 2 regular Halo Wars in for $21 apiece today (slight loss from GS purchase last week). I probably should have used a $30 code on it as it came to $29.33 but I decided to save it in case something awesome shows up in my picks tomorrow and I don't get more codes then.

Anyone got any idea how to proceed with a Tiger Woods 2010 Wii game? I want to trade it in, but since it came with the Wii Motion +, there's no actual UPC on the back of the game that came inside the big cardboard box... :(

[quote name='WilliamG']Anyone got any idea how to proceed with a Tiger Woods 2010 Wii game? I want to trade it in, but since it came with the Wii Motion +, there's no actual UPC on the back of the game that came inside the big cardboard box... :([/QUOTE]

If it doesn't have a UPC then no dice. You could ask at a GS if they will let you swap the cover for one with a UPC (assuming they have a used copy already and it isn't from the bundle). They might not care - not sure how you'd go about asking for that though. You may also try at Blockbuster.

So I mailed one package off today. I asked the clerk (a really cool one who always helps me out and is very knowledgeable) about the postmark issue for these things. He confirmed that they DO NOT postmark these sorts of pre-paid or postage due packages as I suspected. So how NorAm is determining that people have not mailed by the deadline is a mystery. They really should let them slide since media mail is so highly variable and they should have no way of knowing when it was actually sent. Needless to say I got DC on the one I sent out today (because that does put a postmark on it). So whoever had them rejected because they supposedly missed the deadline should get in contact with NorAm and ask how they know this since he mailed it in on time and the PO doesn't mark them.

[quote name='io']If it doesn't have a UPC then no dice. You could ask at a GS if they will let you swap the cover for one with a UPC (assuming they have a used copy already and it isn't from the bundle). They might not care - not sure how you'd go about asking for that though. You may also try at Blockbuster.

So I mailed one package off today. I asked the clerk (a really cool one who always helps me out and is very knowledgeable) about the postmark issue for these things. He confirmed that they DO NOT postmark these sorts of pre-paid or postage due packages as I suspected. So how NorAm is determining that people have not mailed by the deadline is a mystery. They really should let them slide since media mail is so highly variable and they should have no way of knowing when it was actually sent. Needless to say I got DC on the one I sent out today (because that does put a postmark on it). So whoever had them rejected because they supposedly missed the deadline should get in contact with NorAm and ask how they know this since he mailed it in on time and the PO doesn't mark them.[/QUOTE]

I shipped a package two days late and they accepted it.. I think its the packages that are coming weeks later that they are not accepting..

anyone know if you can buy an amazon gift card using credit received from trading in games? and if so, can you get it electronically or do they have to send you a physical card? I have two accounts with credit due to the 50% off promotion, and i would like to transfer balance from one to the other.

also, what happens when you cancel a preorder that had the 50% off coupon applied to it? Does the code work again, or does amazon automatically try and apply it to your next order?

[quote name='theb1rdm4n']anyone know if you can buy an amazon gift card using credit received from trading in games? and if so, can you get it electronically or do they have to send you a physical card? I have two accounts with credit due to the 50% off promotion, and i would like to transfer balance from one to the other.

also, what happens when you cancel a preorder that had the 50% off coupon applied to it? Does the code work again, or does amazon automatically try and apply it to your next order?[/QUOTE]

You can't buy an Amazon gift card with Amazon credit...unfortunately. I'm going to need to do something with some of this credit. That would have been nice.

As for canceling a preorder, the code stays in your account and will apply to your next order. Therefore, if you cancel make sure you buy something right away and don't accidentally use it on a standard game or accessory.

[quote name='antitravolta']You can't buy an Amazon gift card with Amazon credit...unfortunately. I'm going to need to do something with some of this credit. That would have been nice.

As for canceling a preorder, the code stays in your account and will apply to your next order. Therefore, if you cancel make sure you buy something right away and don't accidentally use it on a standard game or accessory.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I was thinking about exchanging the two preorders i made with the accounts. With my secondary one i preordered beatles rock band so i have like $27 cash due, but then i realized that if i swap that preorder with the mw2 prestige on my main account i would be left with like $12 credit in that secondary account. i guess ill deal with paying the $27 cash instead of having like $12 leftover credit in my secondary account. Besides, i was already thinking of buying school books with the credit on my main account anyways.

[quote name='LeRoy']Finally got my coupon code today. Might use it on Wolfenstein but I haven't seen any reviews for it yet.[/QUOTE]
C'mon, this is Raven Software we're talking about. HeXen, Jedi Knight II, Jedi Academy, Quake 4. . .how could it be bad?! If it's even remotely like RtCW, it's gonna rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back