Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had sent my orders on Tues & Wed of last week (8/11 & 8/12) and today (8/18) I received the credit via media mail submission. A week turnaround is pretty good, but that's been just about the average for my trades the past 4-6 weeks now.

I'm submitting my first UPS today, so I'm curious how much more time it will cutoff. I guess instead of a 7 day turnaround, I might see a 4 day turnaround?

[quote name='dyeknom']Installing games to the hard drive[/QUOTE]
This. And I also have a bunch of content that I've had to delete due to lack of HDD space. Plus, with Games on Demand and other stuff, I really can't take advantage of that stuff if I choose to with only my 20 GB HDD.

[quote name='SPIDERJOLT']is there a way to find all of the trade in values. Sorted by tiv[/QUOTE]
Read the second post. You can sort by clicking on a header.

Hrm... I wonder how long it takes for new games to be listed for trade in? I'm pretty much done with my copy of Madden 10 already, but it's not listed on the trade in store.

LOL i was spot on with my earlier post about these items. I got an email back from Fanatec and unfortunately they will not be selling through amazon. Did some cleaning up...

[quote name='Japakneez']For those with 50% codes and $75 system codes. Here are some items that could appear on amazon at anytime...

SYSTEMS

$299 Playstation 3 Slim PRE-ORDER
$299 Playstation 3 Fat NOW AVAILABLE
$299 120gb Xbox Elite Expected on 8/30

ACCESORIES

$230 Logitech G25 Premium Wheel. (YMMV. Email amazon to get codes applied. Price is also expected to drop further due to G27 release!)
$309 Logitech G27 Premium Wheel. (BIG YMMV...it only appears in 'Electronics' section. Email amazon to get codes applied)
http://www.gadgetreview.com/2009/08/logitech-g27-racing-wheel-too-cool-for-the-xbox-360.html
g27wheel_set_hi.jpg

$330 Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S Premium Wheel NOT AVAILABLE AT AMAZON (PC, PS3, and 360 compatible! Many say better than G25!) [/QUOTE]

[quote name='uglyteradon']Can those 75 dollar codes even work the PS3 Slim?[/QUOTE]

If they do, I will trade 2 $30 codes for one! :D

[quote name='Cuksis']If they do, I will trade 2 $30 codes for one! :D[/QUOTE]

Well I'm not sure if I was ever emailed mine or if I just plain lost it... but I was wondering if it was worth "fighting for"! If it worked then I wouldn't be paying anything out of my pocket for a Slim!

[quote name='2&2']I thought the $75 codes were specifically a system purchase discount, but he 50% ones did not apply to systems.[/QUOTE]

correct.

Well I'm happy...my whole $60.50 of trade-ins were accepted, now to wait for the $30 off!

So exactly how do i use my GC credit? Is the $60.50 attached to my account so that when i buy Batman for example, I can enter how much of that I want to use on Batman?

It just shows up in your account as an Amazon Credit/Gift Card and will apply the credit to your first shipped order if it's not used, or to your first placed order.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']It just shows up in your account as an Amazon Credit/Gift Card and will apply the credit to your first shipped order if it's not used, or to your first placed order.[/QUOTE]

Oh I buy Batman and enter the rest of my promo codes (ECA, $30 off, etc.) then it will take the difference remaining out of my GC credit?

So that way when i look at how much credit i have left, it'll show like $40+ left?

[quote name='aheineken']I got the game back that they claimed was cracked. I looked at it, and I can see why it was rejected. There is a tiny hairline crack in the inner ring where the disc goes on the spindle. It was a used game from GS, and it must've been like that when I got it from them, seeing as how I only took the game out of the case twice (to check for scratches when I got it, and to play it). The game plays fine, but that could pose a problem for long term durability.

So, I'm not upset with Amazon for rejecting it, but more so at GS and myself for not noticing it before I bought it. I'm telling you all this to this to take note that they are very meticulous in their inspection, which is good in most cases...except this one (for me).

I'll try to trade it back to GS when they have their next tiered sale...if they reject it, I'll just tell them it was in good enough condition for them to sell it to me.[/QUOTE]

I had exactly the same thing happen with a copy of De Blob a few weeks back and posted a warning then to be very careful about tiny cracks as they clearly look for them. Why don't you just return it to GS? It is defective and you have a 30-day return policy on that. I did that and got the full used price back (even though it was part of a B2G1). I actually came out better off than if Amazon had accepted it (fortunately that was on my padded 50% code trade so it didn't cost me the code).

[quote name='bgame2']Hey io, can you keep me updated on what happens with your credits/emails. I'm asking because I have mailed a total of three packages. The first one arrived in 3/4 days. That first package arrived over a week ago and amazon still hasn't sent me an email for the coupon code. I guess that can happen but it has also been a week since I sent the 2nd and 3rd packages (sent on same day) and amazon claims not to have received them yet. Considering the delivery time of the first one and the lack of a coupon code being mailed to me yet, I'm a little concerned that amazon is screwed up. The issue is augmented by the incompetent postal employees refusing to allow me to put DC on the 2nd and 3rd packages - leaving me with no clue what's going on with the coupon code or the shipments.[/QUOTE]

Well, like I said, I sent out several packages from Mon-Weds last week. To save money I only got DC on 1 each day. All three of those DC numbers showed delivery yesterday and early this morning I got ALL of my submission "received" notices. Not a single problem with any of them :whee:.

So I'm expecting one code tonight (or early AM Weds) from the one submission they accepted yesterday and then a whole mess of them the next day for the ones they received today.

So, anyway, I've had about 15 or so submissions now, all via media mail, with no problems. Of course, ever since the cracked disc I've been inspecting everything pretty thoroughly. However, I can say that they definitely take games that are somewhat scuffed with light surface scratches as a few of the ones I sent in were a bit on the iffy side. Just watch out for those cracks! And of course everything I sent was complete with original case, cover art (with UPC), and manual.

But it will be tough for UPS to beat all that. I had all my media mail stuff make it from the West Coast in 5-7 days this time.

Did my first trade in. I got the credit for my games in my account, how long till I get the $30 promo code thingy?
I did trade in some GBA and N64 games and they accepted them all. None had boxes and most had manuals. All were in excellent condition.

[quote name='jcp42877']Oh I buy Batman and enter the rest of my promo codes (ECA, $30 off, etc.) then it will take the difference remaining out of my GC credit?

So that way when i look at how much credit i have left, it'll show like $40+ left?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Oh, man, the PS3 slim is up now? I am very tempted to get a second PS3 for downstairs (to sit next to the 360 and Wii). Our PS3 is currently upstairs in what I had hoped to be our media/movie room but in reality ended up being a storage area. Though I did get a new TV for up there a few months back (coincidentally from Amazon but before I had all this credit ;)). With 4 kids the second PS3 might be nice for some multiplayer mayhem - especially on those PSN games that we can gameshare to both systems. I am very tempted to do this. My other choice is another DSi but I haven't even opened the first one I got plus we have 3 other DS's in the house. I also briefly considered the PSPGo but I have a PSP I barely use and tons of UMDs yet to play so there's really no need for me to get into the download-only version.

Viva - Man are they ever inconsistent about those N64 and GBA games. I think someone else just had an entire batch of N64 stuff rejected for missing case and/or manual. But yeah, you should expect your code 2 days later. So if you got the emails today (as I did), the the code should come early Thursday AM - but occasionally it takes longer.

[quote name='uglyteradon']Can those 75 dollar codes even work the PS3 Slim?[/QUOTE]

FYI: The $50 & $75 coupon codes do work for the PS3 Slim. (can't stack them) You have to go into the gift card / promotional code section to enter it. Cheers!

The 50% promo code wouldn't work on getting a PS3 Slim, right? Because if it does, I'm going to be kicking myself for using it today.

[quote name='Regian']The 50% promo code wouldn't work on getting a PS3 Slim, right? Because if it does, I'm going to be kicking myself for using it today.[/QUOTE]

There is no 50% off a console coupon.

Update on my own personal situation with the "Missing Disk" from earlier today. I spoke to amazon and calmly explained my complaint. They agreed to give me a $15 credit (I think I was supposed to get or 17). That was fine with me as I'm not about to get angry over 2 bucks. Also, it didn't affect my eligibility for the promo so that was a non-issue. My faith has been restored in amazon for the most part.

[quote name='jojoschump2000']FYI: The $50 & $75 coupon codes do work for the PS3 Slim. (can't stack them) You have to go into the gift card / promotional code section to enter it. Cheers![/QUOTE]

DAMN! Well I'm going to call up Amazon and ask why I never received my code, I never called because I had assumed they auto-applied themselves at checkout (for some reason).

Thanks for the information!

Does anyone know if you can use a $75 off consoles and a $30 coupon on the same order? Also anyone have a $75 console code they'd trade for a 50% off code?

HELL. YES.

Just pre-ordered my PS3 Slim with a my 75 dollar code! I paid for the entire system with trade ins. Thanks for the information guys!

Sweet, my second shipment just got in. I sent it off the 12th, medial mail from florida. Nothing rejected(freaking better not have, everything was complete, mint and 4 were brand new).

Going to change my batman: AA order to use credit instead of my actual card and pre-order demon's souls with the 30$ off when I get it.

Off-topic, but Planet Earth showed up in my picks, knocking an additional $1 off the already discounted price today. It's the one narrated by Attenborough and I've never seen it. Obvious buy or wait for it to reach sub-$30?

im scared. According to tracking my 3 orders were received today. They were all in one box but thats not what im worried about. I'll update why as soon as i find out if they are accepted or not

...probably won't find out till tomorrow :booty:

Jodou, I bought mine at Amazon.co.uk, and it's about $ 30-ish. You can't use your credit from US Amazon though.

It's a pretty good series.

[quote name='gi60']Jodou, I bought mine at Amazon.co.uk, and it's about $ 30-ish. You can't use your credit from US Amazon though.

It's a pretty good series.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's the 5-disc version, but the best I saw it for after conversion was ~$42. I just feel like $37 is a lot for something I will probably watch once.

[quote name='Japakneez']program one for www.gazelle.com

THANX :cool:[/QUOTE]

that one would be a hell of a lot harder since you would have to do it one by one since they dont show you prices unless you click on the game and tell it what condition it is in. if it wasn't i probably already would have made one. I might still if i feel ambitious, but because of the site layout like i said, it would probably take like 20 mins for the program to get data for all the games compared to 3-5 mins for an amazon one.

FWIW, I'm not sure why some people are having problems with older games without cases or manuals, but I traded in $30 worth of GBA and SNES (yep, that's right) cartridges, no manuals, no cases, and 2 of them were even the wrong versions, but everything got accepted.

And the UPS option is far and away the clear winner in terms of tracking.

i think this has been asked before but i couldn't find it: can/how do you use a promotional code without applying your trade in credit also?

I know, i know it seems like something you wouldn't want to do since why not spend the credit, but the reason is because i want to use the coupon to preorder a game now, but have the credit available for other purchases, and then later when i get more credit apply it to the order.

Also, does anyone know if you preorder a game with a free trial of prime, then you apply credit towards the purchase later on (after your trial expires), if it updates the order to charge you for shipping?

^ There are several ways..
1. Preorder "any" game until your credit is gone, then use the coupon toward the actual game that you want. Cancel the pre-order

2. Just create another Amazon account, and use the coupon there. You can invite that account to have the Prime too.

thanks for the tip on #1, but as far as #2, how would that work with only the trial? plus i would have to trade in games to that account to build up my credit. what i wanted to do was order it before the trial is over to get the free shipping, but not use the credit till around the game comes out in case i wanted to use it on something else first. So in the end i wanna buy the game with credit + coupon (no cash), but dont want to apply the credit until i get more good flips, all while hopefully still having free release day shipping.

Ok so I submitted my first trade today:
3 x Folklore (4.97) at Sears = (9) Amazon
Civilization (4.97) at Sears = (19) Amazon
Motorstorm PR (14.48) at Target = (15.50) Amazon

Pretty pleased with changing $31 into 91.50 in Amazon credit, but I have a question. Should I open the games or leave them sealed?

you can send them in sealed (i sent 4 virtua tennis games that i bought from amazon, completely sealed and wrapped and they got accepted) although since opening them only takes a few seconds you can just do that heh

Since people have had alot of luck getting Gold Box Quick Picks on Games after pre-ordering/purchasing a game...

I'm testing it out for myself. I want Arkham Asylum in my gold box, it is in my reccomendations due to rating other games -and- I'm pre-ordering Modern Warfare 2 which is "usually purchased with" and "related items" to Arkham Asylum.

Hopefully this works out good. I'll cancel the MW2 pre-order and nab the cheap Arkham.

One more question. So, I can submit another $60 trade-in order and receive another $30 coupon, but I just can't use both coupons on the same order?

[quote name='uglyteradon']HELL. YES.

Just pre-ordered my PS3 Slim with a my 75 dollar code! I paid for the entire system with trade ins. Thanks for the information guys![/QUOTE]

Same here, dad wanted it. I sent in a request to CS to change my payment method to my Sony Card, for 3x points and warranty purposes. ;)

Guess I'll be grabbing a DSi and :psp: with my other 2 coupons. Then I'll have every current gen system. I just bought some accessories (cases and Hori screen protectors) for both yesterday, with the hope that the systems will show up in my Gold Box.

I also have 2 50% coupons to use before the end of the month. I'm spending a ton of $ on video games this month! :whistle2:$

[quote name='n4styn4t3'] Should I open the games or leave them sealed?[/QUOTE]
Open them. You don't want to have any doubt in your mind as to what condition they are in. It also helps reduce time when they check your games in, so stop wasting our response time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back