Official: Battlestar Galactica Season 4 Discussion Thread **BEWARE OF SPOILERS**

ryanbph

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
When the final season has started....I really loved the first episode....the first 10 minutes or so was awsome
the special effects of the battle were done really well..
Since this is the last season, I hope there budget is a bit higher then usual. In the past they have blown there budget on a couple of episodes. I hope this isn't the case for this season, as I would think the budget for this episode was high.

so who do you think is the final cyclon? The one thing I don't quite understand is how they go about making the cyclon look human.
For example tigh had a lifetime of military service and adama remebers him as a younger person, based off his conversations with him in previous seasons. Do the cyclons take a human that is already alive and in essence copy him? Was he a cyclon his entire life and the human cycloons age in outward appearance? Since all signs are pointing to starbuck being a cyclon, I wouldn't be suprised if she doesn't turn out to be the 5th. Maybe appollo or helio. The majority of the rest of the cast wouldn't be such a big suprise if they were picked. I guess it could be adama, but the series caprica will show a young adama so untill I know how the human cyclons appearance are done I will rule him out.

What the fuck was baltar bitching about. He is in a chamber with a ton of young females that want his sorry ass. Back on caprica, he was known to all about the females. 6 interrupted him with another woman and gave him shit about being weak for the ladies.

DaPhatty Edit - Added some love to the thread title. ;)

I am soooo glad I chose to fly JetBlue. I got to watch the episode from the "comfort" of my seat. :D

As for the episode, well I have mixed feelings about it.
The battle scene was amazing but I was really confused by Colonel Tigh's vision of shooting Adama in the eye during the battle. I lost my fucking mind when I saw that. I really thought he had killed Adama. I really hope they don't turn Tigh into a Boomer.

Anders being a cylon really confuses me as well. I've never felt he was a main character to begin with so I'm having a hard time identifying with his relevance to the story. However I must admit, Anders getting scanned by the cylon raider was pretty intense. How did the Raider know? And what's with Kara saying she'd kill Anders if he were a cylon? DAYUM!

I was disappointed that we didn't get a single peek into the Cylon side of the story. It would have been nice to get some insight into that aspect of the story but I guess that will have to wait until next week.

Overall, I'm happy that we have some decent television to watch again. All these reality shows were making me sick.

[quote name='daphatty']
The battle scene was amazing but I was really confused by Colonel Tigh's vision of shooting Adama in the eye during the battle. I lost my fucking mind when I saw that. I really thought he had killed Adama. I really hope they don't turn Tigh into a Boomer.
[/quote]

I loved that part, as soon as they went to that camera shot of him smiling, I knew what was coming.

As for what it meant
that's what he was afraid what would happen. That all of a sudden a switch would flip and he would shoot.

the previews they had at the end of the episode that showed some tidbits of the cyclon story looked intense...I had read a lot of previews that indicated that there would be
major issues in the balance of power in the cyclon camp..

[quote name='ryanbph']the previews they had at the end of the episode that showed some tidbits of the cyclon story looked intense...I had read a lot of previews that indicated that there would be
[/QUOTE]

I wonder what the 6 meant when she said
stop lobotomizing the raiders. What the hell did she mean by that?

And did anyone else notice
the presence of blood during the battle? That was a nice added touch.

Only the human models are not supposed to know who the final five are, the raiders aren't programmed not to think about them.

And the Final Five are like the work force for God. I believe the final Cylon will be God.

[quote name='ryanbph']the previews they had at the end of the episode that showed some tidbits of the cyclon story looked intense...I had read a lot of previews that indicated that there would be
[/QUOTE]
C-Y-L-O-N

[quote name='daphatty']
However I must admit, Anders getting scanned by the cylon raider was pretty intense. How did the Raider know? And what's with Kara saying she'd kill Anders if he were a cylon? DAYUM!
[/quote]
Since the original 7 models don't seem to know who the final 5 are, I'm guessing that somehow the Hybrids that control the Basestars know who they are. As soon as the Hybrids got the scan data from the raider they ordered a full retreat even though they were winning, without the consent of the original 7. After all, it's possible that if any of the 4 new Cylons are killed they wont be resurrected, since the Resurrection Ship can't possibly have new bodies for them.

[quote name='daphatty']I wonder what the 6 meant when she said
stop lobotomizing the raiders. What the hell did she mean by that?
[/QUOTE]
Remember back to when Baltar was on the Cylon basestar. They demonstrated that the centurions have limited mental abilities, they can't distinguish between Cylons, only between Cylon and not Cylon. They were designed that way so that they wouldn't do what the Cylons did to humanity, become self aware and rebel.

I would imagine there is something similar with the raiders.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Why do we have to use spoilers for episodes that already aired?

Can I make an "Unofficial" thread? :roll:[/quote]
I've raised that point several times in the Heroes thread, but everyone just kept on doing it. I don't like it either, spoiler code should only be for future episodes, not episodes that have already aired.

I am all for not using spoiler tags on aired episodes...but in the past someone has always bitched about it. Between east coast and west coast air times, to I didn't have time to watch it and I tivo'd/dvr'd it. I just do it to not here the grief.

Then let the assholes bitch.

It's like if someone only saw the miniseries and then bitches when they come in here and get spoiled. fuck them. If you live on the West Coast then don't come here until you have seen the episode.

I will only be using spoiler codes for future episodes, screw anyone that complains.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Then let the assholes bitch.

It's like if someone only saw the miniseries and then bitches when they come in here and get spoiled. fuck them. If you live on the West Coast then don't come here until you have seen the episode.

I will only be using spoiler codes for future episodes, screw anyone that complains.[/QUOTE]

Using spoiler code is a courtesy to those who may be interested in the discussion but don't want to have an episode spoiled for them. Your attitude towards these members is very disappointing and doesn't add any value whatsoever to this thread or this forum.

Too bad. I don't go into topics of TV shows that I haven't watched yet and bitch when they talk about the show.

Talking about any part of any show is a spoiler. You want to avoid spoilers then don't go into a topic about a show.

[quote name='daphatty']Using spoiler code is a courtesy to those who may be interested in the discussion but don't want to have an episode spoiled for them. Your attitude towards these members is very disappointing and doesn't add any value whatsoever to this thread or this forum.[/QUOTE]

Ya know what? Big Daddy is fucking right. If you don't want to see spoiler, don't go into a thread about the current season. It's common fucking sense.

To keep this thread back on track.

Five bucks says Roslin gets nailed than wakes up on a Cylon Resurrection ship totally throwing out that Starbuck is one of the Final Five. How ya like that?

[quote name='evanft']Ya know what? Big Daddy is fucking right. If you don't want to see spoiler, don't go into a thread about the current season. It's common fucking sense.[/quote]

I guess we are supposed to go by the dumbest common factor. But I'm glad I'm not alone on this.

And Roslin can't be the final Cylon, there is a "Last Diner" and Moore lead us to believe that the final Cylon isn't a major character. he is most likely lieing but I don't think so. The four of the final five cylons all work for different groups, so having the president's aid and the president being Cylons would be useless. However if Roslin was a Cylon that would mean the human blood "saved" her and that would be awesome.

So in short...

I have no clue who the last Cylon would be, but I doubt we will find out before the 15th episode, it's way too soon. There are only two things this season that seem important, find Earth, figure out who the last Cylon is.

The female in the bathroom attack scene with Baltar is suspicious, she had to have superhuman strength to fend off that attacker. Plus, the Cylon in his head is leading him there.

[quote name='dafoomie']
The female in the bathroom attack scene with Baltar is suspicious, she had to have superhuman strength to fend off that attacker. Plus, the Cylon in his head is leading him there.
[/quote]

Agreed about the suspicion. Something is up with her, she got too much camera time to be filler.

[quote name='dafoomie']
[/QUOTE]
Nah. The Six in his head should have no idea who the final five are. And I guarantee that the last one will be somebody we already know for MAXIMUM DRAMATIC IMPACT.

my money is on lee..the talk with his dad about if his brother had come back and he was a cylon it wouldnt' make a difference, you would still love him

The talk with Lee makes some people think it might actually be his brother.

However from what we seem to know there are only one copy of the final five Cylons. I still think it won't be someone huge, but someone kind of new and it's reveal will be done to make it seem huge.

I go with Zarek because he isn't a major character but wouldn't be like "we waited for that?" feeling.

Maybe it's Cain, now that would be something. :)

Too bad. I don't go into topics of TV shows that I haven't watched yet and bitch when they talk about the show.

Talking about any part of any show is a spoiler. You want to avoid spoilers then don't go into a topic about a show.

[quote name='daphatty']Using spoiler code is a courtesy to those who may be interested in the discussion but don't want to have an episode spoiled for them. Your attitude towards these members is very disappointing and doesn't add any value whatsoever to this thread or this forum.[/QUOTE]

Ya know what? Big Daddy is fucking right. If you don't want to see spoiler, don't go into a thread about the current season. It's common fucking sense.

To keep this thread back on track.

Five bucks says Roslin gets nailed than wakes up on a Cylon Resurrection ship totally throwing out that Starbuck is one of the Final Five. How ya like that?

[quote name='evanft']Ya know what? Big Daddy is fucking right. If you don't want to see spoiler, don't go into a thread about the current season. It's common fucking sense.[/quote]

I guess we are supposed to go by the dumbest common factor. But I'm glad I'm not alone on this.

And Roslin can't be the final Cylon, there is a "Last Diner" and Moore lead us to believe that the final Cylon isn't a major character. he is most likely lieing but I don't think so. The four of the final five cylons all work for different groups, so having the president's aid and the president being Cylons would be useless. However if Roslin was a Cylon that would mean the human blood "saved" her and that would be awesome.

So in short...

I have no clue who the last Cylon would be, but I doubt we will find out before the 15th episode, it's way too soon. There are only two things this season that seem important, find Earth, figure out who the last Cylon is.

[quote name='dafoomie']
[/quote]

Agreed about the suspicion. Something is up with her, she got too much camera time to be filler.

[quote name='dafoomie']
[/QUOTE]
Nah. The Six in his head should have no idea who the final five are. And I guarantee that the last one will be somebody we already know for MAXIMUM DRAMATIC IMPACT.

my money is on lee..the talk with his dad about if his brother had come back and he was a cylon it wouldnt' make a difference, you would still love him

The talk with Lee makes some people think it might actually be his brother.

However from what we seem to know there are only one copy of the final five Cylons. I still think it won't be someone huge, but someone kind of new and it's reveal will be done to make it seem huge.

I go with Zarek because he isn't a major character but wouldn't be like "we waited for that?" feeling.

Maybe it's Cain, now that would be something. :)

This seems to come from the sci-fi channel site itself, but it was taken down because it was a mistake. It is the brief episode descriptions for episodes 4-04 to 4-13. They are rather big spoilers, and all I can say is hell yeah.

404 - "Six of One" - Conflict and mistrust torment humans and Cylons alike, as both sides struggle to understand their respective mythologies — one rooted on Earth, the other in the mysteries of the Final Five.

405 - "The Ties that Bind" - With Kara Thrace piloting a lone freighter in her desperate search for Earth, political intrigue and marital discord aboard the Galactica are paralleled by deep rifts in the Cylons' solidarity.

406 - "Escape Velocity" - Religious freedom is debated and defended as the messianic Gaius Baltar promotes his belief in one true God.

407 - "The Road Less Travelled" - The prospect of a truce between humanity and the Cylons encourages Starbuck to trust an old enemy.

408 - "Faith" - The cancer-stricken President Laura Roslin and hotheaded pilot Kara Thrace both must make difficult leaps of faith in order to accept an uneasy alliance with the Cylons.

409 - "Guess What's Coming to Dinner" - President Roslin's leadership is tested as the Galactica teams up with Cylon rebels in a plot to destroy the enemy's vital Resurrection Hub.

410 - "Sine Qua Non" - President Roslin's abduction by the Cylon Hybrid triggers a bitter power struggle within the Colonial fleet.

411 - "The Hub" - In pursuit of the enemy's Resurrection Hub, a misfit team of Viper pilots and Cylon rebels become uneasy collaborators as they formulate a battle plan.

412 - "Revelations" - A band of rebel Cylons holds President Roslin hostage while attempting to lure the Final Five out of hiding inside the Galactica and the human fleet.

413 - "Untitled" - Starbuck learns that the dire predictions of the Cylon Hybrid might be true, and a devastating discovery plunges the fleet into chaos and despair.

My favorite part...

It sounds like both the Cylons and the humans are close to a civil war.

Somebody PM me please about this, I don't want to read the thread again for fear of spoilers. My wife and I are currently about halfway through season 2 on DVD right now. When should we watch Razor? Should we wait until after season 3?

EDIT: Got the answer I needed, thanks!

[quote name='dafoomie']
[/QUOTE]

That's a good theory. I think Gaius will end up bangin every single one of those females.

[quote name='ryanbph']
[/QUOTE]

Meh, I'm not so sure about that. I think your theory is a bit of a stretch.

[quote name='bigdaddy']This seems to come from the sci-fi channel site itself, but it was taken down because it was a mistake. It is the brief episode descriptions for episodes 4-04 to 4-13. They are rather big spoilers, and all I can say is hell yeah.

404 - "Six of One" - Conflict and mistrust torment humans and Cylons alike, as both sides struggle to understand their respective mythologies — one rooted on Earth, the other in the mysteries of the Final Five.

405 - "The Ties that Bind" - With Kara Thrace piloting a lone freighter in her desperate search for Earth, political intrigue and marital discord aboard the Galactica are paralleled by deep rifts in the Cylons' solidarity.

406 - "Escape Velocity" - Religious freedom is debated and defended as the messianic Gaius Baltar promotes his belief in one true God.

407 - "The Road Less Travelled" - The prospect of a truce between humanity and the Cylons encourages Starbuck to trust an old enemy.

408 - "Faith" - The cancer-stricken President Laura Roslin and hotheaded pilot Kara Thrace both must make difficult leaps of faith in order to accept an uneasy alliance with the Cylons.

409 - "Guess What's Coming to Dinner" - President Roslin's leadership is tested as the Galactica teams up with Cylon rebels in a plot to destroy the enemy's vital Resurrection Hub.

410 - "Sine Qua Non" - President Roslin's abduction by the Cylon Hybrid triggers a bitter power struggle within the Colonial fleet.

411 - "The Hub" - In pursuit of the enemy's Resurrection Hub, a misfit team of Viper pilots and Cylon rebels become uneasy collaborators as they formulate a battle plan.

412 - "Revelations" - A band of rebel Cylons holds President Roslin hostage while attempting to lure the Final Five out of hiding inside the Galactica and the human fleet.

413 - "Untitled" - Starbuck learns that the dire predictions of the Cylon Hybrid might be true, and a devastating discovery plunges the fleet into chaos and despair.

My favorite part...

It sounds like both the Cylons and the humans are close to a civil war.
[/QUOTE]

HOLY fucking SHIT!

[quote name='ryanbph']
so who do you think is the final cyclon? The one thing I don't quite understand is how they go about making the cyclon look human.
For example tigh had a lifetime of military service and adama remebers him as a younger person, based off his conversations with him in previous seasons. Do the cyclons take a human that is already alive and in essence copy him? Was he a cyclon his entire life and the human cycloons age in outward appearance? Since all signs are pointing to starbuck being a cyclon, I wouldn't be suprised if she doesn't turn out to be the 5th. Maybe appollo or helio. The majority of the rest of the cast wouldn't be such a big suprise if they were picked. I guess it could be adama, but the series caprica will show a young adama so untill I know how the human cyclons appearance are done I will rule him out.
[/quote]

If they are not 'humans" that were taken and toaster cloned, then they have had the human cyclons for quite awhile before the attack. Makes you wonder what else they were up to during all those years in preparation for the attack.

http://jointhefight.scifi.com/
ABOUT JOIN THE FIGHT

Welcome to the Battlestar Galactica social gaming experience.
Now you can choose a side — Cylon or Human.
On a weekly basis, you will engage in new missions, attempting to accrue wins for your team by taking part in online games and challenges. At the end of each week, one of the teams will be declared the victor. And the prize is more than bragging rights: you'll be deciding the fate of humanity, once and for all.
You can also earn personal points (cubits) on an ongoing basis, giving you the currency you'll need to "pimp" your very own virtual Viper or Raider. Plus, you can comment on each other's pages, upload your favorite photos, and build your own network of friends.

Not much to do on the site currently but register, you can add different backgrounds to your viper for free. Once you have cubits you can mod your ride. Sadly I have none.
If anyone wants to help a CAG out and wants an invite pm me.

[quote name='ravenbear']If they are not 'humans" that were taken and toaster cloned, then they have had the human cyclons for quite awhile before the attack. Makes you wonder what else they were up to during all those years in preparation for the attack.

[/quote]

I'll put this in spoilers just for the hell of it, it's not really one, but whatever.

Go look at the casting call for Caprica the prequel TV movie/ series, it answers your questions and sounds dreadful.

I've been reading a number of BSG message boards, and theres one name that noone seems to be throwing out there as the likely source, which would lead to a whole new slew of questions if it were true...

Cally Tyrol.

Here's my evidence...

1) She was not featured in the Last Supper pic.

2) Looking at the famed Final Five opera house pic in hi-res, and knowing who four of the five are, you can clearly make out (if you look hard enough) from left to right Colonel Tigh, Anders, Tory Foster, the final Cylon (Cally), and Chief Tyrol. Compare the Opera House pic above with this pic HERE.

3) Has a knack for staying alive when things are at their most bleak, evne when facing other Cylons/Centurions directly. Escaped relatively unscathed from New Caprica, and got out of some VERY tight situations, including her would-be assassination.

4) Killed Boomer after shooting Adama. We've already seen that human Cylons CAN kill their own kind, as is evident when Six kills Three to protect Anders. Not exactly evidence per se, but definitely food for thought, as the Six/Three incident was thought to be the first Cylon vs Cylon violence.

As for where this could take the series at a later time, think of it like this: Boomer and Helo have the first Human/Cylon hybrid child, presumably Cally/Chief have the second, yet there has been no mention of the signifigance of their child at all. Why? Because the plotline is still to come: The first Cylon/Cylon naturally born child.

Thoughts?

You're crazy. :p

But I wouldn't read anything into the opera house pictures, they are played by random people because the Final Five thing started before they picked the final Five.

Plus I have this great behind the scenes picture from last season where they had 5 stand ins play the Final Five.

Otherwise interesting pick, and more so on the Cylon - Cylon part, I like it.

However, this is just my personal opinion, way too weak of a character to be the big Cylon.

Random people? Look again. The furthest on the left is clearly Tigh (Look at the facial features) while the furthest on the right is clearly Tyrol (overweight, look at his face and body, both fat). While 2 and 3 are somewhat hard to make out as Anders and Tory, there is a resemblance.

Another key thing to mention is that Cally has been involved in almost every major storyline within BSG, yet she is always in the background and not much relevance. She has yet to play any major part, as other third string characters have, like Duala, Helo, Gaita etc. There have been no real revolving storylines featuring her. She has yet to play any major role, even though her actions have had major ramifications, i.e. killing Boomer (and launching the entire resurrection subplot)...shot during a hostage situation on the Astral Queen...has a hybrid baby that bears little mention as of yet, the list goes on and on. Go back and rewatch some episodes...she is like the silent observer, always in the background in some way, rarely participating, yet always involved.

Also, another clue I failed to mention was the alternate reason for her killing Boomer. Since Chief (a final five Cylon) was having an affair with Boomer (an original seven Cylon), she could have well killed Boomer so that Boomer never discovered Chief too was a Cylon, or possibly become impregnated by him.

Lets not forget her remarkable healing, from being shot, from being beaten to a pulp by Chief, etc.

There are many, many more subtle clues to her being a Cylon. Go back and rewatch episodes, or read transcripts. They're there. Waiting...

...Just like she is.

Your link didn't work for me that's why I didn't look at it. :)

But still in season 3 they were played by random people. And more than one person in this world is "fat". :p

And I could go...

"Lee brought up his brother! Lee is a Cylon!"

"Lee brought up his brother! His bother is a Cylon!"

But the problem is that the writers had a basic idea for the show but make most of it up as they went along. She is still a useless pointless character who I hope is a Cylon and gets thrown out an airlock ASAP.

[quote name='TripEllex']Random people? Look again. The furthest on the left is clearly Tigh (Look at the facial features) while the furthest on the right is clearly Tyrol (overweight, look at his face and body, both fat). While 2 and 3 are somewhat hard to make out as Anders and Tory, there is a resemblance.

Another key thing to mention is that Cally has been involved in almost every major storyline within BSG, yet she is always in the background and not much relevance. She has yet to play any major part, as other third string characters have, like Duala, Helo, Gaita etc. There have been no real revolving storylines featuring her. She has yet to play any major role, even though her actions have had major ramifications, i.e. killing Boomer (and launching the entire resurrection subplot)...shot during a hostage situation on the Astral Queen...has a hybrid baby that bears little mention as of yet, the list goes on and on. Go back and rewatch some episodes...she is like the silent observer, always in the background in some way, rarely participating, yet always involved.

Also, another clue I failed to mention was the alternate reason for her killing Boomer. Since Chief (a final five Cylon) was having an affair with Boomer (an original seven Cylon), she could have well killed Boomer so that Boomer never discovered Chief too was a Cylon, or possibly become impregnated by him.

Lets not forget her remarkable healing, from being shot, from being beaten to a pulp by Chief, etc.

There are many, many more subtle clues to her being a Cylon. Go back and rewatch episodes, or read transcripts. They're there. Waiting...

...Just like she is.[/QUOTE]

Dude, everyone looks white in that picture, and I am pretty sure Tory isn't. Plus that doesn't look like Tigh to the right or Tyrol to the left.

[quote name='Yo Mama']I thought the Cylon problem is breeding, so if Cally is a Cylon, how can she and maintenance guy make a baby?[/quote]

Considering not one but two Cylons have children with humans(?), one a male, one a female, its not hard to imagine two Cylons having kids since its apparent neither sex is sterile. Not to mention you brought up an as-of-yet unused, unresolved plot thread: Cylons' inability to interbreed. Cally and Chief's kid as a Cylon/Cylon child makes sense.

Do you even watch the show?

The Cylons need love to produce, and they think that they need human love or something. They explained it in season 1 or 2.

bread's done
Back