Official CAG Black Friday Video Game Deals Thread

[quote name='CaoPi']for gamestop deals MEtal GEar 3 is that used or new?[/QUOTE]
theyre just cleaning out the new ones for subsistence

Man, reading all this stuff makes me wish I weren't a broke SOB. Sad when your so broke you can't even really afford a 5 or 10 dollar game...

If I had the money, I'd be all over that 51in HDTV. Then again, it depends on the features it has too.....

There better be more and more lists coming soon. All I see is $10 for CT, and that's about it. :'( Maybe WoW...

Thanks for all the deals guys! I've got a question thats slightly OT though, is there going to be a "Non-video games BF deal thread" this year or are we just leaving it to the BF web sites? Keep up the good work.

I don't recall last years BF deals but were there any Xbox system deals like maybe for $99 when the 360 arrives? I been meaning to pick up an Xbox system but waiting for the price to be under $100.

[quote name='CheapyD']Posted in OP...
EBgames/GameStop BF Sale
(Source: user2004 @ Fatwallet)
Looks like the merger has begun to be visable as apparently they are sharing the same sale.
[/QUOTE]

As expected from a gamestop sale: almost no pc love.

Looks like the first year in 4 years i will not be attending EB's black friday sales.

fucking great price on a 512 mb memory stick, $30 after rebate (but how much before rebates is the question, especially somewhere like BB)

Hmm, so far the only thing that interests me is MGS3 for $9.99. I would rather get MGS3: Subsistence, but since I can't get my damn PS2 online, I guess it doesn't matter that much.

Well... I guess I'm slightly interested in the Mario Party GC bundle as well, but it will most likely be available after BF right?

Will someone explain to me what Black Friday is and if these prices are real, especially the WOW and COD 2 at Best Buy? For some reason I am very confused by this post.

[quote name='hollow2010']Will someone explain to me what Black Friday is and if these prices are real, especially the WOW and COD 2 at Best Buy? For some reason I am very confused by this post.[/QUOTE]

Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving when stores have sales in the morning, usually starting at 5-6 and running till noon. They often offer crap products that draw customers into the stores. Yes the prices should be right because they are made weeks if not months in advance and end up being leaked. You can find BB ad scans at bfads.net.

[quote name='xxxafibenderxxx']i'm new to this whole black friday thing, but is there any known deals on dreamcast products?[/QUOTE]

...are you kidding me? Last DC sale was in 2000. :D

CheapyD, I noticed the EBgames/Gamestop "Sale" (I use the term loosely) for BF was in another thread... figured you may want to add them to the OP.

Courtesy of tenzor:
[quote name='tenzor']Buy 2 Pre-Played Games or DVDs Get 1 Free2 for 30 on ALL Platinum Hits/Greatest Hits/Players Choice

Vaild 11/25 7am-Noon Only
Metal Gear Solid 3 PS2 - $9.99
1080 Avalanche GC $9.99
DOOM 3 XB $19.99
DOOM 3 CE XB $19.99
DOOM 3 EXPANSION XB $19.99
World of Warcraft PC $29.99
Tony Hawk American Wasteland GC/PS2/XB - $29.99
Halo 2 XB $29.99
Gran Turismo 4 $39.99

Valid 11/25-11/27
Free Travel kit w/ purchase of Nintendo DS system
Barbie Superpack GBA $19.99
Spyro/Superpack GBA $19.99
Namco Museum 50th Anniversary PS2/xb/GC $19.99
Midway Arcade Treasures 3 PS2/XB $19.99
World Poker Tour PS2 XB $19.99
NHL2k6 PS2/XB $19.99
Starcraft Battlechest PC $19.99
Fable Lost Chapters XB $19.99
NBA 2K6 XB/PS2 $29.99
College Hoops 2K6 $29.99
We Love Katamari Ps2 $29.99
Sonic Gems Collection GC $29.99
Super Smash Bros Melee GC $29.99
Fantastic Four PS2/XB/GC $29.99
The Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction PS2/xb/GC $29.99
Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire $39.99 w/free movie ticket
X-Men Legends 2 XB/GC/PS2 $39.99
Ultimate Spiderman XB/GC/ps2 $39.99
Shrek Super Slam XB/GC/PS2 $39.99
SSX on Tour PS2/GC/XB $39.99
Sims 2 Ps2/XB/GC $39.99
Crash Tag Team Racing PS2/XB $39.99
SpongeBob Lights Camera PS2/XB/GC $39.99
PSP Theather Experience $59.99

Save $10 on a XBOX Controller S w/purchase of the following XB titles
-Half Life
-Call of Duty 2
-Tiger Woods 2k6
-Halo Triple Pack
-Delta Force Black Hawk Down
-Blitz the League
-50 Cent Bullet
-GTA San Andreas
-Shadow the Headghog

Spend $50 or more and get 5 free music downloads from www.connect.com

Save $5 off all Plug and Play Games

Free $14.99 or less pre-played game w/ purchase of the following pre-played systems
-Nintendo DS
-Gamecube
-PS2
-XB
-GBA SP/GBA
[/QUOTE]

from this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73679

You can lock this and move it to the BF thread if it's not already there, but just saw a very low res scan of the Meijer's ad at bf2005 site...

So if you're looking for a PSP...not a bad deal.

Regarding the Wal-Mart GBA SP deal. The GBA SP at my Wal-Mart (currently, that are not the new brighter screen type) include a free NES Classic game inside the box depending on which one you get. I believe you can get Zelda, Zelda II, and Metroid (it says on the box which one is included). So, this makes the deal a little better. I don't know if this is all Wal-Mart's, but it is at mine.

[quote name='hollow2010']How long does the average Black Friday Sale last?[/QUOTE]

Mostly Friday only. Sometimes they extend into saturday. Some of these sales are only for a few hours only (on Friday morning)...

[quote name='m0nkeybl1tz']So, if ordering online, we should get ready at 11:59 pm Thursday?[/QUOTE]

That's my plan -- EBgames first (then BB for some of the DVD deals w/ instore pickup)...

[quote name='xxxafibenderxxx']wait so BF deals DO exist on gamestop.com and ebgames.com?[/QUOTE]

Some of them did last year...no guarantees that they will this year though. I'm not all that excited by anything at EB/Gamestop, actually a bit disappointed that they aren't running the 2 Greatest Hits/Platinum Hits/Player's Choice for $25 like they did the previous 2 years.

Most seem to be disappointed by the lack of sales for this Black Friday. Wait until Thanksgiving week and the damn ads would come out. Maybe some places will randomly add new stuff. I'm not even planning yet. And I gotta work 40 hours Thanksgiving week to help stock the Target I work at for Black Friday. My supervisors got the BF ad Saturday morning way before the store opened. I tried to snoop but mostly it was a photocopied ad. I'm waiting for the actual ads in my hot hands to take Black Friday sale items seriously.

Well at this point its up to Circuit City or Target to have a killer ad to make this a good black friday. Last couple of years it just seems like Black Friday deals have gone south. Most people just go out and shop no matter what, its tradition. I haven't gone out and dropped a bundle on Black Friday since 99-00. Last 2 years I just went to one store at the butt crack of dawn and had everything price matched.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']
Nintendo GameCube System Holiday Pack $99.99
- Mario Party 7 System Bundle (Black GC console, 2 controllers, MP7 Game)
- Best Buy Coupon Booklet ($50 in savings)
- $10 gift check towards any Gamecube game
[/QUOTE]

Where's that emoticon? Ah, yes. :shock:

[quote name='Roufuss']Just to let you all know, K-Mart has already caught the Battlefront 2 error, and while it's too late to change the ad they will probably be sending signs out to the stores letting them know it's supposed to be Battlefront 1.

YMMV, you may still get lucky and get a cashier who dosen't know any better, the odds are still very much in your favor.[/QUOTE]

Here's the obvious question: Are the computers updated?

It really doesn't matter how stupid the cashier is when the infernal scanner/register says something different than the ad.

[quote name='Rhett']PS2/Xbox $9.99 - Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

I'ma definately pick up like 5 copies of this....[/QUOTE]

I'd advise against picking this up to resell it. Average selling price for it today (11/14) is $15. The price will only drop between now and BF.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']I'd advise against picking this up to resell it. Average selling price for it today (11/14) is $15. The price will only drop between now and BF.[/QUOTE]

True but it is still PO

I really want that $25 PC Call of Duty 2, and the $380 notebook PC. But how difficult will it be to actually get one of those notebooks? The ad says "minimum of 10 per store", for the notebook. 10? Wont' there be like 50 people waiting for the store to open? Do I have any chance at getting the notebook, if I show up at 3 AM?

[quote name='guardianlegend']I really want that $25 PC Call of Duty 2, and the $380 notebook PC. But how difficult will it be to actually get one of those notebooks? The ad says "minimum of 10 per store", for the notebook. 10? Wont' there be like 50 people waiting for the store to open? Do I have any chance at getting the notebook, if I show up at 3 AM?[/QUOTE]
basiclly show up at 3am if you really want it.

bread's done
Back