Official CAG Destiny Thread - Rise of Iron

Yeah it was clearly an oversight on their part. I had originally grabbed a few on my Warlock and then decided to do the quest on my Hunter instead and so one night I just went down the entire list double checking each spot. As of right now there are 3 that are unknown and 3 for Tier 3 CoO (one available now obviously) which means if you were determined enough you could still get the Touch of Malice right now since there are 45 available at any given moment.
I've pretty much narrowed it down to the court of oryx. I think I might be missing some from the t2s as well but stolen runes are so hard to come by. I spent all my black wax idols on some from Eris but I didn't get the event I needed. If you cancel an event and redo it does it spawn the same event? I didn't even think of just letting it cancel until I get the one I needed.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to the court of oryx. I think I might be missing some from the t2s as well but stolen runes are so hard to come by. I spent all my black wax idols on some from Eris but I didn't get the event I needed. If you cancel an event and redo it does it spawn the same event? I didn't even think of just letting it cancel until I get the one I needed.
Yeah you can cancel it by just leaving the the force field. You have to wait like 30 seconds since you will have the Summoner's Exhaustion but yeah you just pop the Stolen back in and it will give you a new combination.

Yea, I am 7 short for my ToM.  I think I just need a couple from Regicide, Nightfall one and then a few of the ones in special chests/events on Patrol.  I grabbed a few last night while doing some Taken War questline stuff that I had put off.  The tracker for this per character is sorely lacking.  The fact that 4 come from random CoO Tier 2 bosses is what is worrying me.  I think I have all of those but not 100% sure.  At least with the others you can go to the location and see if the fragment is there or not. 

I am always down to raid with others on here so if you need someone let me know.  Have been doing alright the LFG route, but that gets old quickly.

Yeah you can cancel it by just leaving the the force field. You have to wait like 30 seconds since you will have the Summoner's Exhaustion but yeah you just pop the Stolen back in and it will give you a new combination.
Make sure you know which T2 you need because there are some combinations that do not give a fragment at all. Also make sure you don't have randoms with you when farming the T2 you need because if they keep reviving you you won't be able to cancel the event.

What specific quest gets you the 310 class item? Is it the Road to King's fall?

Make sure you know which T2 you need because there are some combinations that do not give a fragment at all. Also make sure you don't have randoms with you when farming the T2 you need because if they keep reviving you you won't be able to cancel the event.

What specific quest gets you the 310 class item? Is it the Road to King's fall?
You do not have to die to cancel the event, you can just literally leave the area after you start the event. Just stand where you put the Rune in the first place and it cancels.

And yeah it is Road to King's Fall that I got my 310 from!

The only way to check in-game, is thru the navigator screen.  Choose the dreadnaught and you'll see an indicator in the corner that says xx/50; kinda like the indicator that told you how many gold chests you found for each planet.

It sucks but that's really the only way to have an idea of how many you've already collected on that particular toon.  But it doesn't help you know which ones you've collected.

And for Court, do what has been said and leave the area if you don't get the combo you need.  You may not be able to walk back thru the force field but you can leave thru the back area.  Just jump over to the other platforms surrounding the backside of Court and the end timer will trigger.

Yeah, Touch of Malice should be a priority for everyone at this point.  We only had 2 people with it in our Raid last night and that was enough to wreck the Sisters in 2 turns and insta-stagger Oryx.  With a couple more we probably could have shaved at least one turn off Oryx (I think it took us the full 5 - but we had some people miss their orbs).

No talk of Sleeper Stimulant here today?  So after I ran that mission and we raided, then did some crucible it was reset time and when we went back to the Tower one of the guys had a mission from the gunsmith that turned into a heroic S.A.B.E.R. strike that got him the gun!  He had already done all the prerequisite steps which I had not.  I didn't even know there was another mission (the race to the top of the tower in the Cosmodrome).  Then there's all the Warsat crap.  Me and a few others spent hours trying to get Warsats.  I swear Bungie tuned them down in frequency just for this.  We got so many target and extraction crews :bomb:.  When I was material farming for the swords I saw them all the time - but not now of course.

Eventually the rest of them bailed and I was able to get my last one (around 5am).  I finished up the thing with the Archive mission and turned it in to the gunsmith.  And... nothing.  I went back to orbit.  I switched characters and came back.  Still nothing.  So either I need to wait till reset tonight or at whatever future point Bungie decides this mission will become active.  So that kind of sucks.

In any case, once that does pop, I will need to do that and also I still have the Sunless Cell solar sword quest I want to knock out.

3 Raid clears were 3 huge disappointments this week.   The only armor I got were duplicate chest pieces for my Warlock and Titan.  Still I only have chest for my Titan, chest/arms for my Warlock, and arms for my Hunter.  This Raid has been the worst of all 3 for armor drops IMO.  I had the extra shards at least 2 of the 3 times.  At least last night I got 2 weapons out of it (an exact 303 duplicate of the pulse, and a 300 rocket launcher with bad perks - meh).

My progress this week from the 3 raids: a 304 tracking rocket launcher (from my first run of the week), a 308 ghost shell that was one higher than my previous best (I also got 2 300's since the game loves giving me those shells!), a 308 Titan mark (3 better than my previous), a Hunter cloak that was 1 point better at 304, and a Titan chest that was 4 points better (304 vs. 300).  But I seem to be locked out of the sniper (and machine gun) and new armor.

Last edited by a moderator:
No talk of Sleeper Stimulant here today?
I have not had a single shred of interest in the gun ever since I saw gameplay of it a couple weeks back. According to everyone who has gotten it my lack of desire for the weapon was completely justified.

I however am very pissed at the moment that Bungie announced they are getting rid of Shot Package completely on guns that already had it. https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13688

I have a shotty that I brought up to 308 with Shot Package and now it is going to change to something that I am not even sure of? I think that is absolute shit that they are removing a perk on a gun that I have been using and used some of my best gear on to level up only to have it replaced with a perk that had it had in the first place I would NOT have put the resources into it. I understand the whining over shotguns in PvP and yes they are annoying but really with the last patch I felt they were in a reasonable place. Now I am going to magically have a shitty shotgun that I wasted my Black Spindle 310 on, all thanks to people who suck at PvP whining too much and then Bungie being pansies. Bah I am sorry this just really irks me.

I'm so frustrated right now.  A handful of us CAG's spent 2.5 hours on Tuesday and another 2.5 hours last night on the raid and we couldn't even pass the Daughters of Oryx last night.  We had a self-appointed leader/3rd person dictator, who meant well, but after last night went from mildly amusing to "eff you already" level of annoying.  I think we spent more time in his tutorials than actually running the raid.  Gah, I'm just pissed and frustrated.  I'd been spending time trying to coordinate a crack team of people I knew were good vs. posting on a clan site or LFG and this just didn't come through. 

Stuff like this is disheartening for someone like me who just doesn't have a lot of time to play.  I really love playing this game and I think I am a pretty good person to have on a squad.....I may not do the most DPS, but I pick up the mechanics quick.  At least I got up to 296 and have a couple new weapons. 

I still want to finish this, for some sick reason, so if anyone is interested in doing this tonight or Saturday night, from the Daughters, let me know.  previous Kings Fall experience required.  ;)

I'm so frustrated right now. A handful of us CAG's spent 2.5 hours on Tuesday and another 2.5 hours last night on the raid and we couldn't even pass the Daughters of Oryx last night. We had a self-appointed leader/3rd person dictator, who meant well, but after last night went from mildly amusing to "eff you already" level of annoying. I think we spent more time in his tutorials than actually running the raid. Gah, I'm just pissed and frustrated. I'd been spending time trying to coordinate a crack team of people I knew were good vs. posting on a clan site or LFG and this just didn't come through.

Stuff like this is disheartening for someone like me who just doesn't have a lot of time to play. I really love playing this game and I think I am a pretty good person to have on a squad.....I may not do the most DPS, but I pick up the mechanics quick. At least I got up to 296 and have a couple new weapons.

I still want to finish this, for some sick reason, so if anyone is interested in doing this tonight or Saturday night, from the Daughters, let me know. previous Kings Fall experience required. ;)
I know. I wasn't as frustrated as you by not finishing last night (still got the weekend), but the condescending tone from the guy you mentioned was not appreciated. However, I am mostly upset because I feel like that last fail was totally on me when I was chosen as the Torn one and then ran in the complete wrong direction. :wall:

I second Chubby's request: Any vets want to help out fellow CAGs Chubby, Moose, and Simo?

And Glock/Drunkz was in there with us. He did a mighty fine job of giving simple instructions that made sense. I'm always happy to have Drunkz in the squad.

Don't worry about that one wipe, Simo, when you get torn it is very disorienting. Especially in the middle of the fight. Don't sweat that at all.

Getting up to 300 (or over) and also getting Touch of Malice will help you immensely in the Daughters and Oryx fights.  Yeah there is a catch-22 there as you need to beat the raid to get Touch of Malice.  But doing the Raid a few weeks up through Golgoroth should get you enough weapons/gear to hit 300+.  So you may just want to go into it thinking that is all you need to do for the week (maybe on multiple characters) and then then try again next week.  You could also look for an Oryx checkpoint as that fight, in some ways, can be easier than the daughters.  And from there you can get the good drops (mainly primaries).

I'd be willing to help but I don't want to spend hours on it as I've already done it 3x for the week - and I've spent far too much time playing the game this week and we have a ridiculous week coming up next week with both Iron Banner and Trials (WTF Bungie?).  But maybe I can get a few guys who are good at the relic running and we can get you through quickly.  With enough DPS (that comes from light level and a weapon like Touch of Malice) you can get through the daughters in two turns which cuts down a great deal on any potential mistakes running the relic.  You can choose who starts (by having people who don't want to be "it" jump off).  Then you just get 1 random selection - or perhaps 2 if you can't quite DPS enough.

I did the Sleeper Stimulant stuff from the start on my Warlock.  I had much better luck with the Warsats this time and got all 3 done in about 30 minutes.   Late last night they just weren't spawning.  I just did the missions solo and luckily the matchmaking worked for the strike at the end.  Though for whatever reason the 3rd guy quit right after the start.  WTF is that all about?  That is a specific strike that you choose to run - it's not like it is a random playlist.  Me and the other guy were 304+ and I was a self-res Warlock so that was a good group to be with.  So we ended up 2-manning it and making it through by the hair of our teeth at the shank boss.  But that made it all the more satisfying to beat.  Then I ran it again on my Titan (with 2 others this time who both stayed) and got another one just to clear out the mission.

I then ran some heroic strikes and tried using it.  It does some good damage though I don't know how often I'll use it over other exotics.  It wrecked Valus Ta'aurc's face though ;).  I also didn't have mine leveled up at all so that was just base perks...

Had some horrible luck with 3 of coins engrams decoding into 290's for like 4 engrams in a row before finally getting a 310 Hereafter.  Now if I can ever get that Raid sniper I can infuse it up to 310 hopefully.  I do have a pretty nice 1000-yard stare that has super-high stability that I considered bumping to 308.  I also though about bumping that Hunter sniper as it looks pretty good but I haven't used it much.   But I think I'll wait to see what happens with the Raid next week first.

I still have to run the solar sword strike if anyone still has that to do.

Getting up to 300 (or over) and also getting Touch of Malice will help you immensely in the Daughters and Oryx fights. Yeah there is a catch-22 there as you need to beat the raid to get Touch of Malice. But doing the Raid a few weeks up through Golgoroth should get you enough weapons/gear to hit 300+. So you may just want to go into it thinking that is all you need to do for the week (maybe on multiple characters) and then then try again next week. You could also look for an Oryx checkpoint as that fight, in some ways, can be easier than the daughters. And from there you can get the good drops (mainly primaries).

I'd be willing to help but I don't want to spend hours on it as I've already done it 3x for the week - and I've spent far too much time playing the game this week and we have a ridiculous week coming up next week with both Iron Banner and Trials (WTF Bungie?). But maybe I can get a few guys who are good at the relic running and we can get you through quickly. With enough DPS (that comes from light level and a weapon like Touch of Malice) you can get through the daughters in two turns which cuts down a great deal on any potential mistakes running the relic. You can choose who starts (by having people who don't want to be "it" jump off). Then you just get 1 random selection - or perhaps 2 if you can't quite DPS enough.

I did the Sleeper Stimulant stuff from the start on my Warlock. I had much better luck with the Warsats this time and got all 3 done in about 30 minutes. Late last night they just weren't spawning. I just did the missions solo and luckily the matchmaking worked for the strike at the end. Though for whatever reason the 3rd guy quit right after the start. WTF is that all about? That is a specific strike that you choose to run - it's not like it is a random playlist. Me and the other guy were 304+ and I was a self-res Warlock so that was a good group to be with. So we ended up 2-manning it and making it through by the hair of our teeth at the shank boss. But that made it all the more satisfying to beat. Then I ran it again on my Titan (with 2 others this time who both stayed) and got another one just to clear out the mission.

I then ran some heroic strikes and tried using it. It does some good damage though I don't know how often I'll use it over other exotics. It wrecked Valus Ta'aurc's face though ;). I also didn't have mine leveled up at all so that was just base perks...

Had some horrible luck with 3 of coins engrams decoding into 290's for like 4 engrams in a row before finally getting a 310 Hereafter. Now if I can ever get that Raid sniper I can infuse it up to 310 hopefully. I do have a pretty nice 1000-yard stare that has super-high stability that I considered bumping to 308. I also though about bumping that Hunter sniper as it looks pretty good but I haven't used it much. But I think I'll wait to see what happens with the Raid next week first.

I still have to run the solar sword strike if anyone still has that to do.
Someone noted on Reddit that if you use a sword and switch to SS when you have one charge left, you will still get a full clip. It probably applies to other heavies as well so there's that.

[quote name="chubbyninja1319" post="12960397" timestamp="1444388690"]And Glock/Drunkz was in there with us. He did a mighty fine job of giving simple instructions that made sense. I'm always happy to have Drunkz in the squad.

Don't worry about that one wipe, Simo, when you get torn it is very disorienting. Especially in the middle of the fight. Don't sweat that at all.[/quote]
I would love to finish it but i will be gone all weekend. Not sure I will have much time next week either... But maybe I can plug away at getting my light up. At least I got a pretty high defense chest armor out of it. Brought me from 292 to 294.

Our instructor was OK some of the time, but other times he was pretty rude. I got annoyed when he started yelling at me to get the sister when I ran the first time and I had no clue how to even do it. I don't blame simo when it was his turn either. At least for me it takes a run to put all the instructions together. Nobody yelled at Dude when he went to the sniper platform, yet he had no problem yelling at people when they weren't on the pedestals.

I have no problem helping again and I think we were making good progress when the group broke up considering how many people have never progressed past Golgoroth.  I think we were only a few more runs from getting it done.  For the Daughters and Oryx the battles can be explained over and over, but at some point you just have to run it to get used to how the mechanics work.  Someone is randomly going to have to run on the 2nd and 3rd DPS phases at the Deathsingers so that is where it can get confusing if you haven't done the fight before.  Oryx is very similar except you can designate the same person to run each time and you only have people on 3 of the 4 platforms to spawn the platforms.

One thing I did notice yesterday is that the groups DPS was low, and that is an issue in getting clears on any of the boss fights in this raid.  Like io mentioned Touch of Malice is an option, but you have to clear the raid at least once to get it and getting all the fragments can take a long time, especially if you haven't been keeping records of which ones you have on each character.  Plus If you haven't done the Tier 3 court of Oryx bosses from previous weeks you cannot get those fragments and cannot get the ToM for at least another week or two.  

I didn't check which snipers you guys were using, but getting a 300 sniper is very important for clearing the raid bosses.  The 1000 yard stare you can buy from the Vanguard is a good option and you might already have one from one of the quests.  Black Spindle is incredible for those bosses if you can string together crits.  Hereafter is an option as well if you have that exotic.  

It might be good for you guys to run some CoO in order to get more engrams and push your sniper up a bit higher once you settle on a good one.  It should also help you get your overall light level up as well.  You get a 300 class item for completing one of the Eris quest lines from it.

EDIT - Forgot to mention that I got my Touch of Malice last night.  Had a nice guy from LFG help me with the last couple of missions I needed after I found the other fragments.  The best part was running to the place that my 45th fragment was supposed to be and see that it actually was there and that my record keeping was correct.    :beer:

I can jump in with io if you guys need some help. I have only done the Raid this week on my Hunter so I could jump on my Warlock, though I will be gone all Saturday. 

I'm very confident with the mechanics of the fight and while I do have a 300 sniper rifle (from the raid), I'm bringing the weapons of light which helped. What I'll need to do next time is take one of the pillars closer to the end where Oryx spawns so I am closer to where the bubble needs to be put up. We were losing dps because I had to run across the map.

Tonight works for me and I don't want to spend (more) hours on this either. I do need to inch up my level, but I'm confident that I'm equipped enough to finish this raid.

And, I don't mean to sound all ballsy or cocky. It's just that I've played this game enough and now I'm just pissed, know what I mean? Like, eff this, I'm gonna finish this mother effer!

If any of you are interested in knocking this out tonight, that would be great. Sounds like Broly, Drunkz and maybe io are in. Sim, you in??

I'll be on around 9:30 or 10:00 EST.

I will be on tonight but I am a raid virgin so I don't know it I would be much help. I am at 293 right now and could go as high as 294.

I'm very confident with the mechanics of the fight and while I do have a 300 sniper rifle (from the raid), I'm bringing the weapons of light which helped. What I'll need to do next time is take one of the pillars closer to the end where Oryx spawns so I am closer to where the bubble needs to be put up. We were losing dps because I had to run across the map.

Tonight works for me and I don't want to spend (more) hours on this either. I do need to inch up my level, but I'm confident that I'm equipped enough to finish this raid.

And, I don't mean to sound all ballsy or cocky. It's just that I've played this game enough and now I'm just pissed, know what I mean? Like, eff this, I'm gonna finish this mother effer!

If any of you are interested in knocking this out tonight, that would be great. Sounds like Broly, Drunkz and maybe io are in. Sim, you in??

If the team has enough DPS you actually do not even have to go to the back and use a bubble. Drunkz I believe has the Touch of Malice as well right? If we have three then we should be able to just go right to the middle. Each platform that a sister is on has a little ledge facing the center, we all just pile up there on the opposite side that we are damaging and we just go all out right there. No need for a weapons of light really especially when we are that close and have 3x ToM. Last run I did that with we were able to get each Sister and have 10 seconds to spare which was used then since you are smack dab in the middle, to take out the bulk of the surrounding adds.

I will be on around 10:30 est most likely tonight.

3x Touch of Malice would kill, lol! Well, I'd love to finish it but I never want to be a burden. If we can connect tonight, that'd be cool.

The only way to check in-game, is thru the navigator screen. Choose the dreadnaught and you'll see an indicator in the corner that says xx/50; kinda like the indicator that told you how many gold chests you found for each planet.

It sucks but that's really the only way to have an idea of how many you've already collected on that particular toon. But it doesn't help you know which ones you've collected.

And for Court, do what has been said and leave the area if you don't get the combo you need. You may not be able to walk back thru the force field but you can leave thru the back area. Just jump over to the other platforms surrounding the backside of Court and the end timer will trigger.
Thats good to know. Im gonna check that tonight and see how many I'm missing on my titan.

I'll be on tonight if you need another. I saw that you invited me on Tuesday but I fell asleep.

That would be great, Sin. Seems like we might be pulling together a crew for tonight.

And if my ability to do enough damage is simply too low, I volunteer to be the torn guardian during Oryx.

{Faith restored - thanks fellas}

If the team has enough DPS you actually do not even have to go to the back and use a bubble. Drunkz I believe has the Touch of Malice as well right? If we have three then we should be able to just go right to the middle. Each platform that a sister is on has a little ledge facing the center, we all just pile up there on the opposite side that we are damaging and we just go all out right there. No need for a weapons of light really especially when we are that close and have 3x ToM. Last run I did that with we were able to get each Sister and have 10 seconds to spare which was used then since you are smack dab in the middle, to take out the bulk of the surrounding adds.

I will be on around 10:30 est most likely tonight.
Yea, I just got the Touch of Malice late last night so I didn't have it during the raid run earlier. I can power level it with motes and I think I have enough flakes to max it out. I think you need 40 or 50 to unlock all the perks but can't remember.

The first time I did the Deathsingers we did the middle platforms and it was really easy that way. Teams that don't have the dps usually have to use back left/right so there is some protection from adds once the shield disappears.

I was not on mic during the first part of golgoroth last night, mostly b/c I didn't need to hear a 30 minute lecture on the strategy that I already knew.

Saw this on Reddit this morning.  Anybody willing to help me out that has done the first firewall quest?  I'd probably be able to get on Tuesday or Wednesday sometime.

Couldn't you just use destinyghosthunter.net or am I missing something?

[quote name="GLOCKGLOCK" post="12961299" timestamp="1444420150"]Unfortunately it combines your progress over all 3 characters so if you picked up fragments on different characters and didn't keep track you cannot tell which ones you need.[/quote]
Ah, got it. The chest tracking site separates it, though. Weird. At least I only use one character so I can use it to track.

Ah, got it. The chest tracking site separates it, though. Weird. At least I only use one character so I can use it to track.
Yeah, I haven't progressed much with my Hunter and not at all with my Warlock, so I'm going to get these with my Titan before I get too far along. This is the next order of business after the raid and Sleeper Simulant.

I may have to unsubscribe from the thread so I don't feel bad missing out.
Nah, there will be plenty of folks happy to run the raid when you get back. And, hey, we might be more experienced next time too, ha!

It might be good for you guys to run some CoO in order to get more engrams and push your sniper up a bit higher once you settle on a good one. It should also help you get your overall light level up as well. You get a 300 class item for completing one of the Eris quest lines from it.

EDIT - Forgot to mention that I got my Touch of Malice last night. Had a nice guy from LFG help me with the last couple of missions I needed after I found the other fragments. The best part was running to the place that my 45th fragment was supposed to be and see that it actually was there and that my record keeping was correct. :beer:
Yeah, definitely run Court of Oryx. You should be able to get to the high 290's just from that. I had some frustrating runs in the Raid (at War Priest and Golgoroth let alone daughters/Oryx) when our whole group was sub-295. The different a few light levels make (x 6 people) cannot be overstated.

Earlier this week my regular crew could only scrounge up 4 people so we LFG'd for 2 more (totally would have asked any of you guys but no one was on). We asked for 295+ but ended up with a couple of low-280's. We did manage to carry them through up to the daughters. But at that point the DPS just wasn't there and it was pretty obvious from the death screen summaries that those guys were barely contributing. How we even got through Golgoroth I'm not sure.

Nice job on the ToM, Glock. Yeah, I was at 44 and had no idea where the one I missed on my Warlock was. I just guessed that it was the one in the Sunless Cell strike where you jump up on the platform to the left on one of the bridge sections and I was right ;).

The person running the relic should say as soon as they have the thing and are jumping off then everyone should have time to get to wherever they need to go. Our group never thought to go to the smaller platform across from the one you were killing. We always just go to the back. But yeah, one time I was running thr relic and we were trying the 2 turn strat I didn't get it fats enough to kill the second one because the daughter knocked me clear back to the beginning of the level after I slammed and I had to run all the way to the other side. It would have been better to meet at the middle for that too.

I probably can't run it tonight since my daughter is back from college for the first time in a month and we are going to see The Martian.

I may have to unsubscribe from the thread so I don't feel bad missing out.
Nah, don't do that. The thing is, if Chubby and Simo beat it, they'll be much better equipped both in terms of gear and experience to help you get it more easily next week.

Well, sorry to anyone who was looking for me last night.  I crashed hard.  I guess those few nights of staying up late caught up with me. 

Well, sorry to anyone who was looking for me last night. I crashed hard. I guess those few nights of staying up late caught up with me.
I've been a damn zombie since TTK came out....

Speaking of being a zombie... I had to get up early today and.... yeah.... I decided it was a good idea last night to grind out shit for my last 2 swords.... I'm done with void till reset and have like 20% on solar. So I will be getting my other 2 swords after reset :)

I made quite a few poor choices pre-TTK... Weapon parts.... :bomb: .... I had so many and traded them all in for goddamn faction rep and now I'm struggling because I infuse stuff like crazy. Guess I'm going to have to marathon goddamn strikes or court of oryx... :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

Did 3 raids this week and got a couple things. I now only lack Titan arms as far as raid pieces go. Gun wise I finally got the damn rocket to drop twice. Still sniper-less :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

My trials team did some practice in elimination and we were right on point. Can't wait to make 3 lighthouse trips next weekend :D

I will be on tonight but I am a raid virgin so I don't know it I would be much help. I am at 293 right now and could go as high as 294.
TTK Raid virgin here as well. I too am at 293/294 (Titan, have Helm of Saint 14), and need some people to play with regularly. Everyone I used to play with stopped months ago. I can't even find people in LFG to do nightfalls with. :/

XBL: Mr Frisch

Thanks to Gotdot, Certus, Broly, and Drunkz for helping me get my first Oryx kill last night.  Nice to have seen the raid through, but it was weird.  I was sorely underpowered since I was using a Hunter that I hadn't cleared the story with and was only barely able to get to 290 by swapping a bunch of gear around.  Got boots, gloves, and the raid scout of it, so that was nice.  However, I feel like I'm in a really weird spot with this game as my primary toon, my 300 warlock, still hasn't finished the raid.  I binged this week, but I feel like I have a much better feel for the raid now so future adventures shouldn't take all night.

But wow...3:00 a.m.  My body is not built for staying awake for 22 hours.

Ok, I've got three from Federation of Fathers for the raid tonight, starting at 10:30 EST. Need at least one who has beaten Oryx. Let me know if anyone wants in.

Ok, I've got three from Federation of Fathers for the raid tonight, starting at 10:30 EST. Need at least one who has beaten Oryx. Let me know if anyone wants in.
Sorry about not jumping in tonight, I already had a couple different groups that I had set up to play with. I did end up getting a few of my other friends through Sisters and Oryx for the first time which was nice, they were super excited and of course I got nothing usable on my end as always!

How did you guys do Chubby?

[quote name="pjb16" post="12962421" timestamp="1444496589"]TTK Raid virgin here as well. I too am at 293/294 (Titan, have Helm of Saint 14), and need some people to play with regularly. Everyone I used to play with stopped months ago. I can't even find people in LFG to do nightfalls with. :/

XBL: Mr Frisch[/quote]
I don't think many bother with the night falls since the rewards aren't as good.

Wow people wont touch you on Destinylfg.com if you list you are a raid first timer. I have been trying all morning to get on a group with no luck.

Hey, anyone else still need to run through Deathsingers?  I still have that checkpoint on my Warlock and would like to wrap it up before the next reset.  Tonight is looking iffy for me, but if I can't be on tonight, then I might try to hit it on Monday night.  

[quote name="pjb16" post="12963347" timestamp="1444574293"]I didn't realize the rewards changed. I still need to do one to complete a questline.[/quote]
You don't get the xp boost and from what I can tell the rewards don't seem much better than running heroic. I think I've got the same quest to do, but I wouldn't be able to get on until probably Tuesday or Wednesday then I'm busy again. I'm sure among the CAGs a crew could get together though.

You don't get the xp boost and from what I can tell the rewards don't seem much better than running heroic. I think I've got the same quest to do, but I wouldn't be able to get on until probably Tuesday or Wednesday then I'm busy again. I'm sure among the CAGs a crew could get together though.
Sorry, I did know about the lack of XP boost, but I meant other rewards.

[quote name="pjb16" post="12963426" timestamp="1444578756"]Sorry, I did know about the lack of XP boost, but I meant other rewards.[/quote]
I don't know that for sure, but I didn't get much for it and I see a lot of people complaining about it on the Bungie forum.

bread's done
Back