Official Coffin Support Group - Is your 360 Dead? Post Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my replacement system yesterday. A dec '05 refurb and its got this weird blue mark on the back from rubbing against something...But at least its working....for now.

[quote name='lyric706']Finally got mine back - with a Feb. 2006 build date! Seems to be working now, although it seems louder than my original.[/QUOTE]

You probably got my old one :D

Mines alot quieter and alot hotter.

Hello my name is $hady and i'm now a member........
fuckin launch 360 just died......
I'm REALLY glad I got the warranty now!

It kept freezing all weekend sometimes showing the checker board lookin crap and sometimes black screen whenever I tried to play BF:MC. Now this morning it did it 2 more times before showing 3 red lights....... I tried removing the hard drive etc but if it does start it just freezes shortly after with checkboard crap...... This sucks..... Just got off the phone with tech support and my coffin is ready to be sent.........:bomb::bomb::cry::bomb::bomb:

So anyone know if they are just replacing old models with the new versions or what's their new gameplan?

I've never had any trouble with it since I got it at launch...... It just started acting up friday night....... BUY THE WARRANTY PEOPLE! :-({|=

UPDATE: 6-22 360 is back home, took 11 days total for the process from the time I called till getting it back today. They just sent a refurbished system to replace mine.... Pack says all the warranty info is moved onto this new serial numbered sysem and my account is updated..... Hopefully I never have to mail this one back although I still have a launch model, manufactured 10/2005...

Im one of the Victims to fall to this and many have. Do you guys know if all the new core systems are all supposed to be fixed. I Had mine since the start and never had a problem. No all of a sudden boom. Broken. MS Is gonna charge me about 130 to fix it. i just hate the wait. Should I but a new one, then sell the one that i get repaired?

I've had my 360 since April 1st and no problems yet *crossing my fingers*. The only red lights I've seen on my 360 is when the AV wasn't connected correctly. Keep in mind that I don't play everyday and when I do it's no longer then a couple of hours. I would do what you said get a new 360 and sell the broken one when you get it back.

How can you tell if the 360 is 2nd generation?

[quote name='Maximo1324']Im one of the Victims to fall to this and many have. Do you guys know if all the new core systems are all supposed to be fixed. I Had mine since the start and never had a problem. No all of a sudden boom. Broken. MS Is gonna charge me about 130 to fix it. i just hate the wait. Should I but a new one, then sell the one that i get repaired?[/quote]

You didn't get a warranty?

Ask to speak with a supervisor. The latest MS policy is to replace the console with the user only paying 32.50 to cover shipping costs both ways.

I just talked to them and they where like where did you hear that. I think im just going to say Screw MS welcome Apple.

[quote name='Maximo1324']I just talked to them and they where like where did you hear that. I think im just going to say Screw MS welcome Apple.[/QUOTE]

That 360 you're so mad at was built on an Apple...

[quote name='mmn']Another one of these threads. My day just isn't complete without one.[/quote]

Seriously.

We have about 300 threads on this already. Let's make a few more.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']That 360 you're so mad at was built on an Apple...[/QUOTE]

Sorta they used IBM processors. But the early units were Mac G5's which was only because the processors were IBM.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Seriously.

We have about 300 threads on this already. Let's make a few more.[/quote]

I just made this thread a sticky and will merge all future threads here.

Well, it was bound to happen I guess, I am waiting for my box to ship it back, I'm just gald I got the extended warrenty.

[quote name='Wombat']Well, it was bound to happen I guess, I am waiting for my box to ship it back, I'm just gald I got the extended warrenty.[/QUOTE]

My condolences. I just wish MS would have cashed my fucking check.

Mine died on June 25th. Got my coffin on June 28th or so. New system came about 14 days later. (Yesterday) Nice to have the system back.

New system owners - I would recommend the extended warranty.
Cheers.

Looks like I'll be joining the club. My launch system is starting to lock up on just about everything. I don't get any errors or red lights, but the graphics have lines through them followed immediately by a hard lockup. Time to get on the phone.

[quote name='Tarsus']Looks like I'll be joining the club. My launch system is starting to lock up on just about everything. I don't get any errors or red lights, but the graphics have lines through them followed immediately by a hard lockup. Time to get on the phone.[/QUOTE]

If you are using a intercooler, disconnect it and try playing a game without it, if you are not, sorry dude

No intercooler here. System worked fine up until about three days ago. Lock ups just started happening, then they would happen more frequently. Earlier I couldn't even get the system past the 360 logo.

There's $130 down the drain. And I just got a nice big LCD HDTV today too, as well as Prey. I can honestly say I won't be buying MS consoles at launch anymore, if ever again. In 25+ years of gaming, I've had four consoles die on me. Two of those were MS products.

tarsus you should have called first to get a warranty for it. They only ask for a serial number.

My brother sent his 360 yesterday because it wouldn't read any games. It was used from ebay and it came fucked up (seller is a punk bitch) luckely I called and got a warranty for it first, then called a week later to get a coffin.

June 17th - My xbox gets the 3 red lights after working fine the night before, previously I had never had a lockup in 7 months of use.

I get someone at Xbox Support quickly and they are helpful and tell me they will send out a box for repair and I will have it in 3 days. Ok sounds good, I can wait.

The week of June 19th-23rd I was busy so I didnt pay much attention, no box yet on June 23rd so I call again, they ask me to wait until monday then call back, monday come no box, this happens many times.

June 26th they find out whoever registered my console put in my address wrong so they sent the box to the wrong house. They tell me they are sorry and will send out another box immediatly and to wait another 3 business days.

July 3rd Still no box, I call again and they say that the shipping is delayed and to wait until after the holiday and it will be there July5th.

July 5th no box again, I call they garuntee it will be there on July 6th.

July 7th I call AGAIN I get some guy I cant understand, he says it isnt his problem that I didnt get it, gives me a tracking number and pretty much says its UPS's problem and to call them.

I call UPS and they say yes that number is in their system but recieved nothing to ship me as of yet and to call Microsoft.

I call Microsoft and get an American (thank god) he looks it up and actually seems to know what he is talking about, he finds out that sure enough that box was never send off and that they will send ANOHTER box ASAP, of course anohter 3 business days.

I figure that being friday it would ship out Monday July 10th and be here Wednesday or Thursday at the latest....

You guessed it here it is Friday July the 14th and still no box here.

I dont get upset that easily but I am to my breaking point, it has been I think 25 days now since I called and I havent even gotten to send the damn thing back yet.

So as it stand my 360 is still in my living room broken along with my 2 controllers, wireless adapter, charge kit, xbox live kit, 14 games and an intercooler that I cant use. Oh and also 2 games on preorder.

The only thing I asked them so far in compensation was when I get my xbox back I want to be able to have the time on my Gold account replaced for the time I was not able to use it (I paid for a year after all) and I was told they dont think they can do that.

I'm so mad they use regular @$$ ground shipping I have to wait untill Monday now untill my box comes. Which means I wont be seeing my 360 untill next Monday if I'm lucky. And of course this had to happen when new arcade games coming out. I really wanted to try Cloning Clyde.

[quote name='kapkorn']June 17th - My xbox gets the 3 red lights after working fine the night before, previously I had never had a lockup in 7 months of use.

I get someone at Xbox Support quickly and they are helpful and tell me they will send out a box for repair and I will have it in 3 days. Ok sounds good, I can wait.

The week of June 19th-23rd I was busy so I didnt pay much attention, no box yet on June 23rd so I call again, they ask me to wait until monday then call back, monday come no box, this happens many times.

June 26th they find out whoever registered my console put in my address wrong so they sent the box to the wrong house. They tell me they are sorry and will send out another box immediatly and to wait another 3 business days.

July 3rd Still no box, I call again and they say that the shipping is delayed and to wait until after the holiday and it will be there July5th.

July 5th no box again, I call they garuntee it will be there on July 6th.

July 7th I call AGAIN I get some guy I cant understand, he says it isnt his problem that I didnt get it, gives me a tracking number and pretty much says its UPS's problem and to call them.

I call UPS and they say yes that number is in their system but recieved nothing to ship me as of yet and to call Microsoft.

I call Microsoft and get an American (thank god) he looks it up and actually seems to know what he is talking about, he finds out that sure enough that box was never send off and that they will send ANOHTER box ASAP, of course anohter 3 business days.

I figure that being friday it would ship out Monday July 10th and be here Wednesday or Thursday at the latest....

You guessed it here it is Friday July the 14th and still no box here.

I dont get upset that easily but I am to my breaking point, it has been I think 25 days now since I called and I havent even gotten to send the damn thing back yet.

So as it stand my 360 is still in my living room broken along with my 2 controllers, wireless adapter, charge kit, xbox live kit, 14 games and an intercooler that I cant use. Oh and also 2 games on preorder.

The only thing I asked them so far in compensation was when I get my xbox back I want to be able to have the time on my Gold account replaced for the time I was not able to use it (I paid for a year after all) and I was told they dont think they can do that.[/QUOTE]

I am having similar issues here, they are sending me PGR3 for my troubles, but without a 360 thats little consolation

I was just coming on here to complain but I dont have it as bad as others. My 360 died on the 3rd, and I callled immediiately. I waited and waited and eventually called, and they said they sent the box out on the 6th. Its now the 15th and still no box. Not to mention, when I had them go over the address they sent it too, it was 30319 instead of 30318, but they said that shouldnt matter. This sucks REAALY BAD!

BTW, do you guys hear alot of noise in the background when you talk to Microsoft's customer service?

[quote name='pbates86']BTW, do you guys hear alot of noise in the background when you talk to Microsoft's customer service?[/quote]

I noticed this too. Sounded like I was calling a barn in Bangalore.

How long once MS got your 360 did it take to send you guys another one? Mine is suppost to get their on Thursday and I'm hoping they can ship it out Friday so i'll have it by Monday.

[quote name='Bazz']How long once MS got your 360 did it take to send you guys another one? Mine is suppost to get their on Thursday and I'm hoping they can ship it out Friday so i'll have it by Monday.[/quote]

My understanding is it takes three business days to get there, two business days to repair, and another three business days to get back.

Mine goes out tomorrow so I'll start the clock.

My box never came. Microsoft said it was UPS' fault. But the good news is that they took 25% the repair cost, so im satisfied. I was thinking/hoping they would send me a free game though.

I had just purchased NCAA 07 last night and fired it up in my 360 hoping for a full night of college ball when my 360 locked up on the first drive down the field. After several reboots and testing with multiple games, my system is consistently hanging!

Now I have to wait for the coffin to arrive and then another couple weeks until I can play my brand new game... this stinks! Not to mention I was on hold waiting to talk to someone last night for over an hour (both times since I had to call back after running more tests).

Will MS fix my actual 360 machine or will they send me a referbished box? or maybe new?

UPDATE: I just got off the phone with XBox support and they said they will actually try to fix my unit and send me a new one if they can't. Very cool! Now if they would just hurry up so I can play again...

I had a problem with my 360 roughly 6 weeks ago, and I was getting ready to bite the bullet and pay for repairs ($129 - 25%) when my problem seemed to have resolved itself (or I thought I'd resolved it). It reappeared a couple of days ago and I called MS again. Without even asking for it, I was referred to a supervisor who offered me the repair for only $32.25. I'm glad I benefited from this, but I don't think it's fair that others are still paying full price ($129) or are given only 25% or 50% off. I would urge everyone to complain until you get the $32.25 deal.

So the 25% off repair is standard? I wish I had known that before they gave it to me after they f*cked up. Now I feel like they just took advantage of me, making me think I was getting a deal and I really wasnt.

If anyone has a very recent or pending repair and paid full price or only got 25% off, I would honestly call and bitch about it.

Finally my 360 getting shipped back to me , but of course they use regular ground shipping and taking 5 days to get to me how cheap can they be with their shipping method it's horrible they need at least standard 2day shipping. Apple uses stantard overnight for their ipods. And I though I remember MS for the original xbox using standard overnight also.

I'm just curious....are people with later manufacture models still having problems? I know repair is typically $150 or so, but $60 for the extended warranty is a lot of money in my book. I just got my system and noticed it was manufactured on April 29, 2006. Have the later models been more reliable than those out at launch?

Thanks

D

Well...looks like I might be joining...today my 360 started freezing. No red lights, no disc errors, just a solid freeze, happened to me online a few times so now my NCAA record sucks...oh well. So I've heard of the red lights and DRE's, but anyone just had a solid freeze?

[quote name='rvdrock']Well...looks like I might be joining...today my 360 started freezing. No red lights, no disc errors, just a solid freeze, happened to me online a few times so now my NCAA record sucks...oh well. So I've heard of the red lights and DRE's, but anyone just had a solid freeze?[/quote]Thats how it started for me. Then came Freezing as soon as I loaded up.

Same here, it just froze while I played Oblivion, and I got the red lights when I started it back up. You can mess with it and play your game, but it will freeze again. Sorry dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back