Official Coffin Support Group - Is your 360 Dead? Post Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so after all my problems with UPS and MS putting wrong address on box now my HDD might be dead and my 360 I got today is also broken and wont read any of my disc , no DVDs , Games it does read a music cd though wow. So now i'm going for another 3 week repair. And of course now I wont see Street Fighter for a while.

well. mine just went down this morning. Had it since Jan. It started freezing on Prey, so i switched out games and every one did the same thing. Then I got the 3 red lights. Called and they're sending me a coffin. I guess at least it went down in the middle of summer drought and not the holiday season when everything comes out.

I have to send in my hard drive as well and i'm a little worried about getting my info (game saves, profiles, downloaded content) back intact. Anyone else have a problem with this?

My box surprisingly showed up today. Total of 15 days from my initial call to system return.

The system I got in return has a late February manufacture date, so maybe it'll last longer. Even had the plastic still over the infrared receiver.

That extended warranty still looks really good though...

I had a problem with mine today. When my brother turned it on the lower right part of the ring was red and the screen said E68. We turned it off and then turned it back on and it worked fine, although the DVD drive did make a loud noise when we put a disk in, so we took it out and the disk was fine.

I just looked up E68 and it looks like it's a problem with the hard drive, and I hope it doesn't act up again. I didn't get the Microsoft extended warrenty, but I did get one from Sam's Club, which was only $40 and it lasts 3 years.

Well I finally received my refurbished replacement after a total of 15 days. It's definitely a refurbished unit as the front of the DVD drive and the side of the box have sctraches on them (plus manufacture date is Feb). Anyway, at least it works!

Believe it or not, UPS just left the thing on my front porch... no signature required. Good thing it was there when I got home.

I'm new to the Xbox group (been with Nintendo and Sony) and I love my xbox 360. Unfortunately, it is constantly freezing on me and I got it on July 24. It freezes on my xbox live demos when I play, and on Perfect Dark and Oblivion. I have it on my table with nothing around it. It isn't inside anything. Is this a bad sign, or do they all freeze every once in a while? I have also never had any red lights, the xbox 360 just freezes.

My 360 has frozen about half a dozen times back when I played Oblivion, but never when playing demos or any of my other games. Other then the problem I posted above, I've never had any problems with my 360.
Make sure both the 360 and the power brick have nothing blocking them. You might want to buy the Intercooler if your box keeps on freezing.

Damn. I got my replacement 360 on Tuesday, and right from the first night it was giving me problems. It took me 24 hours to figure out what the deal is, but it seems to be heat related. If I turn the system on after being off for awhile, everything works perfectly. However, if I run something for long enough to heat it up (i.e. Dead Rising demo), nothing will load until it cools down. Well, actually, small apps (such as Galaga and Pac Man demos) will load, but more intensive demos (i.e. Dead Rising - even after I've just quit it, NNN, LOTR II demos) will give me a "game cannot load" error. Also, disc games won't load at that point - I get disc read errors. It's not the HD, as the same error (disc read error) occurs if I remove the HD. But if I let the system sit overnight, everything works perfectly (for awhile) in the morning, until the same stuff starts happening.

It blows that this far after launch, MS is still shipping "refurbished" consoles that aren't actually repaired (and my replacement had a Mfg. date of late April 2006). And could they spare a little padding for the box they send? It blows that I waited two weeks for a new system only to find that it didn't work. Is there a magic code word to be compensated with a LIVE extension, free game/controller, or NEW replacement system rather than refurbished junk?

I got the Red Lights of Death 2 weeks ago and they are shipping my box within 4 days.

I hope this goes well because I'd like to have my console back before 8/22 (Madden Day).

Unless you live in Texas or a state around their you wont have it that fast. it will take you about 13 days min if your lucky.

hmm, well my 360 is starting to act a bit funny. It is hating on one profile...... Games run fine on one, but on the other it causes Ghost recon to crash. Last game I played was ghost recon on the profile that seems broken. I get 3/4 ring of red light occasionaly on restarting. I'm not quite sure what's going on. Does MS replace consoles free of charge past 90 days? I doubt it, but who knows =/

Wow, my 2nd 360 is dead it appears. First one had video problems the first day, this one seems to just not want to turn on now.
Havnt played in a week or so, never had a single problem before but this time i go to power on via the controller and nothing. Then try the power button, nothing as well. Unplugged it for about 5 minutes, plugged everything back in, still nothing which is where i am now.
That 2 bad 360s in less than 3 months. 2 more bad consoles than ive had in the last 20 years.
I used to believe the problems were exageratted, but not anymore.
By the way, my 360 has a very easy cool life. Probably less than 10 hours of use a week, sitting on a pedestal, plenty of cool breezes all around.
What a piece.

Edit- Got my coffin and sent it off yesterday (8/18). We'll see how long this takes.

My 360 is dying, if not dead, also. Locks up at the dash, when playing DVDs, screen will sometimes freeze and look very pixelated accompanied by a horrific screeching sound, 3 lights of death (NW, SW and SE) etc. I am not happy.

Don't have my 360 yet but would microsoft replace it if you have a few rings of death even though its not totally dead. I'm getting the warrenty btw but if I get the one year and when it gets close to the time can i up it for another year?

I got in on the overstock deal and got the system for 312, now only 29 days later my system has died. Honestly, since ive working, i only played about 6 hours of perfect dark on it, i cant believe this shit i was looking forward to getting madden next week. Just dont understand why it's such a crappy system.

PS My 360 has a manufacture date of 4/28/06 and i still cant believe it messed up in less than a month. I never
had any problems with my thompson drive xbox and ive had it for about 3 years all ready.

Had a long discussion with MS customer service last night. They'll repair an out-of-warranty 360 for $130. Press them, and they'll knock 25% off. I'm holding out for paying for shipping only. Chris, if it were totally dead, I guess they'd just swap it for a new/refurb, but they'll probably try to repair a semi-functioning one. It's working alright this morning, but I think it's just a matter of time before the end. I'd buy the two-year extended service contract, if you can afford it. I doubt they've completely eliminated whatever problem is affecting the launch consoles.

It's unconscionable that they won't repair these for free. My 360 has a manufactured date of 11.6.05. It's obviously having the same issues as other launch units, it just lasted a bit longer. MS already extended the original 90 day warranty (which is weak to begin with for a $400 purchase) to six months because of the public backlash, but I guess they're prepared to weather the storm now. What sucks is I know if I screamed obscenities and ranted at them, they'd relent sooner, but because I'm polite about it, it's easier to put me off.

looks like my xbox is also dying. Its starting to freeze with some vertical white lines, I keep having to restart it over and over again, then it'll play fine for awhile. I had mine since launch. No rings of death yet...

[quote name='memsg']looks like my xbox is also dying. Its starting to freeze with some vertical white lines, I keep having to restart it over and over again, then it'll play fine for awhile. I had mine since launch. No rings of death yet...[/quote]

Mine had the exact same problem. Never got red lights, but it wouldn't work. Two weeks of 360-less gaming ensued.

I wonder if its the hard drive, did you try to reformat it; I don't want to lose all my information? sometimes even on startup it would freeze. I then put in a movie and it worked fine. All of a sudden it worked fine and was able to play for a couple of hours.

[quote name='DT778']just call and get a one year warranty for 30. then call again when you need them to fix it.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking of purchasing my 360 at Costco because of there return policy and buying a XSATA drive to back up all my xbox 360 saves. So if my 360 ever has problems I could just exchange it for a new one at Costco and transfer my saves over using XSATA

Called M$ on the 12th, got the coffin today and sent it back out today...lets see how long it takes for them to send me another piece of shit

[quote name='Prock']4 rings of death? i thought only 3 lights were only suppose to blink but on my 360 all 4 lights blink.[/QUOTE]

I heard somewhere that 3 lights = dead, 4 lights = loose video connection. Check the connector on the back.

Unfortunately, I ended up having to pay $96.75 for the repair (25% of $129). They are sending me PGR3 for my troubles. Um, yay? I strongly urge anyone who bought from a retailer without a liberal return policy to buy at least the $30 one-year service plan. If you've ever seen the Red Ring, I think it's just a matter of time. There were various levels of discounts according to when your warranty expired and when the repair notice was placed, but they will no longer sell an extended service contract to out-of-warranty systems.

I just have to vent out about my 360 breaking down last night. I wait in line for madden come home happy and yippee 3 red lights. Its really sad that Microsoft has made so many POS consoles. Yes my PS2 had DRE errors but that didn't happen until two years later. My 360 had random game freezes the first week I got it and now in late August it won't even work. Its sad considering I got it in mid December so I can't even get a year out of it. This is my first system that I had breakdown like this and I have owned every system pretty much except for the Saturn. Luckily I bought mine at Costco so I hope they exchange it but that might not happen since traded in PGR 3 and that came with the bundle. For his sake Bill Gates better not see me walking down the street today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back