Official Coffin Support Group - Is your 360 Dead? Post Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='rly723']i really need some help and advice...

just today i got my new xbox 360 from overstock.com
i hooked up the power adapter saw the orange light so it should be working and hooked up the HD cords to my tv. i assume like any other system i just press the power or on button, but nothing happens. no noise or light at all. now tried it probably 10 times reconnecting everything, yet no power. do i have to press some additional button to get it to work or something? only thing i got to work was the wireless controller after putting in batteries. anyone have ths issue with no power and no turning on? could it be a faulty power adapter, but it sohuld be working since its orange light is on. could i have been sent a faulty 360 ystem? like i said its a new xobox 360 system, so have n clue why it wont power up. thanks for your help[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what it could be, but calling 1-800-4MY-XBOX would probably be your best bet. If you haven't already, you could also try the following: If you're using a surge protector, plug the console into a normal AC outlet by itself. On the Power Adapter, when you turn the system on there should be a green light, it may be something wrong with the power adapter unit itself. You can turn on the console from pressing the button on the controller. Try both ways since it's possible that the controller isn't interacting with the console. I haven't heard of this problem before so I'm not really sure.

Another note on how much M$ screwed up these systems, I got a new system last night, downloaded the COD2 mappacks on my new HD, and then tried to play a game. It ended up freezing 3 times before I could get one game in, the console was feeling hot and my guess is that it overheated, probably because M$ left that foil under the heatsink again and sucks at applying thermal paste on the heatsinks. I want to open my system and fix that and put a 3rd fan in so badly but I don't want to void the warranty.

THPS, have you tried an Intercooler? I personally haven't used one because my console was fine until I played Madden, that's when I started having major issues. My brother has been using one since the day he bought his and hasn't had any major problems. It sucks having to buy extra hardware, but it will at least keep your warranty valid while adding some extra fans.

[quote name='ImmortalfWd']THPS, have you tried an Intercooler? I personally haven't used one because my console was fine until I played Madden, that's when I started having major issues. My brother has been using one since the day he bought his and hasn't had any major problems. It sucks having to buy extra hardware, but it will at least keep your warranty valid while adding some extra fans.[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried it yet but will be getting one. It does suck that we have to buy extra hardware, but its better to be safe than sorry. I just hope that PS3 and Wii don't have these problems, although I'm sure they'll be alright since they weren't rushed.

good news lol, it worked. for whatever reason it didnt work on my HDTV, but worked on my regular TV. i finally got it to power on, but kept getting the flashing red ring, it took some force, but the power cord wasnt fully connected to the xbox. then everything went as it should. i'll try it on my HD tv again later, hopefully no problems

also do u guys standup the system or lay it flat, which is better??

for the Last time, YOU DONT HAVE TO PAY $140 to get it FIXED. Just complain enough and they'll lower the price. This will probably have more effect before the 1 year mark WHICH everyone should be before at this point.

And keep the system standing up if you want to fuck up your discs.

They are a bit slow, I shipped mine out on friday before labor day, It isn't coming till this wed. So the whole process takes a bit above half a month. Also as far as the intercooler goes, MS says it can fuck up your console. I'm a bit conflicted either way. I can't prove that the intercooler jacks up the console, but it does suck energy away from it so who knows. Either way, I think i'll refrain from using it at this point.

The $33 or whatever the discounted price is still more than anyone should pay. I'm not saying MS should pay for everyone's case, but for those people that have had to send in for another replacement after the initial one they sent out got fucked up, should get some more consideration. The damn thing hasn't even been out a year and people are getting these shitty problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by levi333 View Original
Wow, my 2nd 360 is dead it appears. First one had video problems the first day, this one seems to just not want to turn on now.
Havnt played in a week or so, never had a single problem before but this time i go to power on via the controller and nothing. Then try the power button, nothing as well. Unplugged it for about 5 minutes, plugged everything back in, still nothing which is where i am now.
That 2 bad 360s in less than 3 months. 2 more bad consoles than ive had in the last 20 years.
I used to believe the problems were exageratted, but not anymore.
By the way, my 360 has a very easy cool life. Probably less than 10 hours of use a week, sitting on a pedestal, plenty of cool breezes all around.
What a piece.

Edit- Got my coffin and sent it off yesterday (8/18). We'll see how long this takes.

[quote name='levi333']Shipped my 360 off on 8/18, got it back today 8/29.
Lets see if she fires up....
Nope.
Swing and a miss. Same exact problem, no change after "repair." Called tech back and they tried to have me send it in again, but i convinced them its probably the power supply. Supposed to get a new power supply in 2-4 days.
We'll see...[/QUOTE]

Got my power supply on 9/8, fixed the problem.

[quote name='Zoglog']for the Last time, YOU DONT HAVE TO PAY $140 to get it FIXED. Just complain enough and they'll lower the price. This will probably have more effect before the 1 year mark WHICH everyone should be before at this point.

And keep the system standing up if you want to fuck up your discs.

They are a bit slow, I shipped mine out on friday before labor day, It isn't coming till this wed. So the whole process takes a bit above half a month. Also as far as the intercooler goes, MS says it can fuck up your console. I'm a bit conflicted either way. I can't prove that the intercooler jacks up the console, but it does suck energy away from it so who knows. Either way, I think i'll refrain from using it at this point.[/QUOTE]

I've heard of a ton of people getting it for cheap or for free because of complaining as well. I tried this when mine broke (I was calm and nice at the start and told them how I thought the charge was unfair, then at the end I was screaming into the phone), and they wouldn't even give me a discounted rate. It's just money and that's not the thing I'm mad about, it's just the principle. Thanks for the tip though, I'm buying the 2 yr warranty so I won't have to worry about this anymore. I'll have to look into the intercooler, thanks for the tip about it causing problems, I was just about to buy one until I read your post.

Anyway, I got my new 360, downloaded all the COD2 map packs that I paid for on my new console, and then tried to play a game. Froze. Grrreeeatt.....tried again, it froze on me 3 times the first night. I figured maybe it was overheating from downloading the map packs and being on. It worked for the next day so I figured all was well. Then last night I was playing COD2 and got an error in the middle of a game saying the disc is unreadable. I open the disc tray and part of the game is scratched. I didn't move the console when it was on, and I have my 360 flat. It's only part of the game so I can still play it, but some levels don't work for me. This is no biggie considering M$ should replace the disc with no trouble, if not I'll just buy a new one, it's cheaper now anyway so I don't mind. I continued to play for a bit and the screen just goes black. yay... My guess is that one of the video cables got loose or something and wasn't displaying any video. I'll reconnect them and try again today. No red lights yet, so I'm happy as far as that goes, just some minor problems that aren't big at all, the freezing was just that one time and probably because the console was hot after downloading the map packs, the disc is easy to replace, and the black screen was most likely just a loose plug which is nothing at all.

Needless to say my 360 experience hasn't been the greatest, it was great for the first 9 months or so that I had my 360 (well, other than headsets randomly breaking, but that's no biggie) but now I've been having all these problems. The problems with my new console aren't anything at all, just an annoyance. The plugs being loose is my fault so I can't blame M$ on that one, but the disc and freezing was different. At least this time I was smart enough to get the 2 year warranty incase any real problems show up.

i know this is looked down upon, but wth people having problems with their systems not working has anyone tried the switch method? buyig a new xbox 360, then switching it with the old one then returning it? ive never tried it, wouldnt have the guts to lol. but ive had friends that did that with other systems like PS2 and xbox. also has xbox said anytihng aobut releasing these 360's that have died so fast? my old xbox just died out on me after 5 yrs or so, which was great timing since i wanted to get a 360. i hope the 360 lasts that long, but not counting on it since alot of people have posted theit xbox dieing within a yr. that would be horrible since i got it without a warranty. i checked my 360 mfg date and it was back in May, pretty recent so hopefully no problems anytime soon

[quote name='rly723']i know this is looked down upon, but wth people having problems with their systems not working has anyone tried the switch method? buyig a new xbox 360, then switching it with the old one then returning it? ive never tried it, wouldnt have the guts to lol. but ive had friends that did that with other systems like PS2 and xbox. also has xbox said anytihng aobut releasing these 360's that have died so fast? my old xbox just died out on me after 5 yrs or so, which was great timing since i wanted to get a 360. i hope the 360 lasts that long, but not counting on it since alot of people have posted theit xbox dieing within a yr. that would be horrible since i got it without a warranty. i checked my 360 mfg date and it was back in May, pretty recent so hopefully no problems anytime soon[/QUOTE]

I think they scan the serial number, so that would prevent you from being able to do that. 5 years is good, but most likely your 360 won't last that long. Maybe 5 months or 5 days, but probably not that long. I'm having problems with even the new ones, so I STRONGLY recommend getting the 2 year warranty from M$ for $60. It's worth it considering the number of 360s most people will be going through in a 2 year period. Last I heard, M$ claims that 3-5% of consoles are defective, but I'm sure it's MUCH higher considering 100% of consoles I've had have been defective, and the fact that there are sites devoted to the 3 red light issues.

[quote name='THPS']I think they scan the serial number, so that would prevent you from being able to do that. 5 years is good, but most likely your 360 won't last that long. Maybe 5 months or 5 days, but probably not that long. I'm having problems with even the new ones, so I STRONGLY recommend getting the 2 year warranty from M$ for $60. It's worth it considering the number of 360s most people will be going through in a 2 year period. Last I heard, M$ claims that 3-5% of consoles are defective, but I'm sure it's MUCH higher considering 100% of consoles I've had have been defective, and the fact that there are sites devoted to the 3 red light issues.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the help, would i be able to sign up for the 2 yr warranty with a CSR on the phone or is it required to send in that contract invoice form?

Is it a pretty quick process to box up the 360 and send it back? If so, I may just put my 360 and some tape/scissors by my door so when the coffin comes, I can just send it back with the delivery guy.

[quote name='moojuice']Is it a pretty quick process to box up the 360 and send it back? If so, I may just put my 360 and some tape/scissors by my door so when the coffin comes, I can just send it back with the delivery guy.[/QUOTE]

you do have to fill out a short form. It depends really on the mailman, but I suppose you could finish it in 2 minutes.

and to get the discounted rate, make sure you complain until they transfer you to somone higer and then a supervisor.

My coffin returned today, tested it for a bit, worked ok. Here's to hoping it stays that way.

Ok So I have been having the 3 Red Flashing Light problem with my 360 for about 2 weeks now. Usually If I leave my system on with the 3 lights flashing for 30 mins it will work for a day or so.

As of lately that method hasn't been working. The past 2 days my 360 would start up and either get a graphical glitch and freeze up or Ill be able to load a game then it will do that. ( Purple and Brown Blocks all over the screen ).

I decided to open her up and fix it for myself. Takign everything apart was a bit tedious but after 30 mins I had completely disasembled it. Then I prepared my motherboard for the "Heat Gun" self fix. I put aluminum foil around any part that could potentially melt. Now I followed the You Tube heat Gun Fix video to a T. Heated the baord for a minute then Concentrated on the GPU and such for 2 mins.

I let it sit for about 7 hours while I was at work. Got home a bit ago and buttoned it back up. Turned my system on and what do you know "IT WORKS". I loaded Saints Row just fine and its been on now for about 1 Hour and 30 mins. I see this as a big step seeing that for the past 2 days I couldnt load anything. I'll keep you guys updated on how it runs and such. But for now i'm gonna leave it on for another 3 hours. Good Luck to anyone who fixes there 360 themselves. I'm Happy :)

[quote name='zewone']Good to hear Pimpin Chris. I was thinking you might be F'd in the A.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Yea after you told me about this thread I thought I was F'd in the A also.

So I received my replacement today, so far so good, seems to be running alright. It sure does seem much quieter then my old one. The only issue I'm having is with the XBL Arcade games. I can play them when I'm signed into Live, but when I'm offline all I get access to is the trial version. Also, Hexic is nowhere to be found in the list of Arcade games, but it's listed in the memory section of my hard drive.

I have been on the phone for nearly 90 minutes trying to get this fixed. I'm spoken to 3 different reps, and all I can say is I fucking hate outsourcing! I'm sorry, but if you haven't even seen a 360 in person, you shouldn't try supporting it. I know they need to send me codes and I'll have to redownload them with a silver account, but they don't even know this!

Edit: I gave up, I'm going to call back tommorow and try and get someone who know's what's going on.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Ok So I have been having the 3 Red Flashing Light problem with my 360 for about 2 weeks now. Usually If I leave my system on with the 3 lights flashing for 30 mins it will work for a day or so.

As of lately that method hasn't been working. The past 2 days my 360 would start up and either get a graphical glitch and freeze up or Ill be able to load a game then it will do that. ( Purple and Brown Blocks all over the screen ).

I decided to open her up and fix it for myself. Takign everything apart was a bit tedious but after 30 mins I had completely disasembled it. Then I prepared my motherboard for the "Heat Gun" self fix. I put aluminum foil around any part that could potentially melt. Now I followed the You Tube heat Gun Fix video to a T. Heated the baord for a minute then Concentrated on the GPU and such for 2 mins.

I let it sit for about 7 hours while I was at work. Got home a bit ago and buttoned it back up. Turned my system on and what do you know "IT WORKS". I loaded Saints Row just fine and its been on now for about 1 Hour and 30 mins. I see this as a big step seeing that for the past 2 days I couldnt load anything. I'll keep you guys updated on how it runs and such. But for now i'm gonna leave it on for another 3 hours. Good Luck to anyone who fixes there 360 themselves. I'm Happy :)[/QUOTE]

Ok well I had my 360 running from 10pm to this time of 2:45. No Freezing and no other problems at all. I'll keep this updated if I do run into anything. But 4 Hours and 45 mins of it being stable is very cool.

My 360 died, froze up after like 5 minutes of any game.
So I took it back to the shop (this is like, 7 months later) and they hooked it all up, got me to play some Lost Planet and then BAM, locks up. They goto the store room, give me a brand new one and my hard drive and I'm off home :)

[quote name='Zoglog']And keep the system standing up if you want to fuck up your discs.
.[/quote] I thought standing it up was better. Anyways my 360 died on labor day, I refuse to pay them to exchange it. I am waiting for a good deal on a core.
P.S. do newer 360s still have the problem with scratching discs?

...ya know...its says to send back ONLY the console, no accessories/disc. I am really tempted to rip off the standard faceplate, and send it back faceplate-less just as an F-U to Microsoft, and to see if they will send me a faceplate if they give me a system that wasnt even mine. Opinions before I call for UPS to pick it up tomm?

Edit: OMGWTFBBQ, they didnt send me a Figure 5 sticker.

Also, when I call UPS, they say the can't pick it up without charging me $10. So I tell them it should be billed to the original sender, and they say they can't do that, and I either have to flag down a driver, or drop it off myself. Wtf?

[quote name='moojuice']...ya know...its says to send back ONLY the console, no accessories/disc. I am really tempted to rip off the standard faceplate, and send it back faceplate-less just as an F-U to Microsoft, and to see if they will send me a faceplate if they give me a system that wasnt even mine. Opinions before I call for UPS to pick it up tomm?

Also, when I call UPS, they say the can't pick it up without charging me $10. So I tell them it should be billed to the original sender, and they say they can't do that, and I either have to flag down a driver, or drop it off myself. Wtf?[/QUOTE]

Since I didn't have a reg faceplate and currently was using a Zero Hour one I sent mine back faceplateless. The one they sent to me had a new faceplate on it, so yeah go ahead. but I don't really think you'll be screwing them over =p

[quote name='moojuice']...ya know...its says to send back ONLY the console, no accessories/disc. I am really tempted to rip off the standard faceplate, and send it back faceplate-less just as an F-U to Microsoft, and to see if they will send me a faceplate if they give me a system that wasnt even mine. Opinions before I call for UPS to pick it up tomm?

Also, when I call UPS, they say the can't pick it up without charging me $10. So I tell them it should be billed to the original sender, and they say they can't do that, and I either have to flag down a driver, or drop it off myself. Wtf?[/QUOTE]

If I were you, instead of sending it faceplate-less as an F-U, I would just write in black marker on it, "fuck You Microsoft!" or something.

Ok well Since I did the "Heat Gun" Fix, my 360 has been working flawlessly. It also seems to be running a lot cooler then what it was running before the red lights happened. I am marking this up as a win!. This is just an update, not bragging :)

[quote name='pimpinc333']Ok well Since I did the "Heat Gun" Fix, my 360 has been working flawlessly. It also seems to be running a lot cooler then what it was running before the red lights happened. I am marking this up as a win!. This is just an update, not bragging :)[/QUOTE]

Nice! Congrats on fixing it and GL. I've heard of some motherboards not being soldered completely, so that could've been the problem. Either way, keep us updated!

Edit: Ordered my coffin today. Hey, my most recent console lasted me 10 days! What a quality product. Thanks Microsoft!

My 360 (born February 22, 2006) died on September 6th. I called M$ and they sent me out a coffin. The coffin arrived that Friday (the 8th).

I sent my broken 360 out on Monday and my replacement 360 (born May 5, 2006) was delivered on Friday, the 15th.

A total of 9 days passed from the day I called M$ (6th) to receipt of my new 360 (15th). Not a bad turn-around, I'd say.

This has been my second experience with M$ Tech SUpport (first time was not related to a dead 360) and both times I have been more than satisfied.

Just thought I would share my experience. :D

[quote name='CaptNink']My 360 (born February 22, 2006) died on September 6th. I called M$ and they sent me out a coffin. The coffin arrived that Friday (the 8th).

I sent my broken 360 out on Monday and my replacement 360 (born May 5, 2006) was delivered on Friday, the 15th.

A total of 9 days passed from the day I called M$ (6th) to receipt of my new 360 (15th). Not a bad turn-around, I'd say.

This has been my second experience with M$ Tech SUpport (first time was not related to a dead 360) and both times I have been more than satisfied.

Just thought I would share my experience. :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've heard many good things about their turnaround, I guess it's the onyl good thing about Microsoft. Also, anyone know how I can go about getting a disc replaced that was scratched by my defective console? My disc was scratched a while ago without me moving the console, and I cleaned it off and got it to work the majority of the time. Now today after playing for 5 minutes, my console froze up and I smelled something burning. My console overheated and works when I let it cool down but still overheats, and in this whole process scratched my disc even more. When I ordered the coffin for my 360, I told the guy about the disc and he simply said it was because I moved the console while it was on, which I didn't. Never even mentioned anything about replacing it, and I was too tired to argue today. I'll probably end up calling again tomorrow anyway because I want to complain to a supervisor about the fact that I haven't been able to play my 360s over the past month or so because of all their problems and I should receive some sort of compensation because I've made numerous phone calls to them and I am paying for the Xbox Live service which I can't even use because of their faulty systems. I also want to see if I can have a rep re-apply the thermal paste and remove the foil under the heatsinks for me because that is causing my overheating and I don't want to do it myself and void the warranty. Sorry about the rant, I'm just pissed at Microsoft as I always am, so anyway, anyone have luck with getting Microsoft to replace discs that their consoles scratched?

Wow, your newer one died on you too?

Anyways, about you question, I know some other people have had luck by complaining to the rep and getting their disc replaced, but if you talk to a supervisor and mention about how you know how to even repair the console yourself, also mention the scratched disc as well, so that way the supervisor doesn't have as much reason to believe that you are BSing him/her, since you know what you are doing.

[quote name='CaptNink']My 360 (born February 22, 2006) died on September 6th. I called M$ and they sent me out a coffin. The coffin arrived that Friday (the 8th).

Just thought I would share my experience. :D[/QUOTE]

you're lucky!
mine should arrive thursday... so that would be 19 days i had to wait....

[quote name='THPS']If I were you, instead of sending it faceplate-less as an F-U, I would just write in black marker on it, "fuck You Microsoft!" or something.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i'm sure that'll "speed" the process of your xbox getting back to you =p....

[quote name='Zoglog']Yeah i'm sure that'll "speed" the process of your xbox getting back to you =p....[/quote]

Well, if my replacement doesn't work, or dies on me, I plan on engraving "XBOX NO. II" on it with a knife before sending it back just so my xbox has "battle scars" XD

Mine died today while playing geometry wars, THIS SUCKS, no dead or alive 4 for like 3 whole weeks i could possibly die from this.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Ok well Since I did the "Heat Gun" Fix, my 360 has been working flawlessly. It also seems to be running a lot cooler then what it was running before the red lights happened. I am marking this up as a win!. This is just an update, not bragging :)[/quote]
I tried that and it seems to be working (although it took 4 tries), I was playing NFS:MW for 2 hours with no problems

This morning when I went to play geo wars, I turned on the 360 and my profile loaded by I could only navigate the dashboard very slowly. I turned it off then on and didn't have a problem loading the profile, but this time when I selected geo wars it took awhile to load and then said the disk was dirty. (WHO SHIT ON MY HARD DRIVE?) I restarted again, got the red circle of a death and a considerate message telling me to call MS and send cash money dolla dolla.

When I got home from school, I never got past the red circle of death and sometime it didn't even get that far.

[quote name='CaptNink']My 360 (born February 22, 2006) died on September 6th. [/QUOTE]
Mine was born a day earlier. :whistle2:(

So, have most people been able to get thier repair costs down? I'm alittle reluctant to be less than civil to a poor rep, but for $100 in savings it might be worth it.

[quote name='Sn0brawler']Mine was born a day earlier. :whistle2:(

So, have most people been able to get thier repair costs down? I'm alittle reluctant to be less than civil to a poor rep, but for $100 in savings it might be worth it.[/QUOTE]

I enjoy being less than civil to reps. In fact, I've been calling a bunch of times trying to get them to replace my COD2 disc their system scratched and some compensation for lost time on Xbox Live which I'm paying for but can't use. Don't feel bad, better to have that money in your pocket than M$'s, remember, it wasn't you that broke the system, it's their design flaws that did it, so you have a right to be less than civil.

About my current situation, I received my coffin on Friday and am shipping it out tomorrow. They emphasize the fact that you should send back the bare bones console and no accessories, so I'm gonna be taking off anything I can without touching the sticker that voids my warranty. I'm not sure what I can take off, but at least the faceplate, gray sides with holes in them, and probably some other small parts. I'm also including a hand-written note with instructions on how to make my console run cooler by removing the foil and replacing some thermal paste. I wrote "PLEASE READ!!" and highlighted it so hopefully they won't ignore it. I'll try and scan the letter and post it later incase anyone's interested. I wonder how long my repaired or new console will last me. Probably less than a month as usual.

[quote name='moojuice']So, when they ship it back to you, do you get a tracking # or anything like that?[/quote]Not from my last experience. Unless the reference number they give you will also enable tracking on MS end if you call them up.

[quote name='Zoglog']it's the same tracking # as the box you send to them[/quote]For the console they're shipping back to you? I just called and was told it would be a different one. Just call them up and give them your reference number if you wanna track the console being shipped back to you.

Also, this time I was told to remove the faceplate as well on top of removing the HDD and any game discs that may be stuck in the console. That's new to me.

fucking shit! Got the 3 red lights of doom tonight.. all i was doing was listening to the glass prison by dream theater.. I guess it was too much for the old girl. Mine was made on november 11th, 2005.. little under two weeks before the launch. ouch.

Gonna call tomorrow. I heard they repair launch systems for free now? is that true?

[quote name='jer7583']fucking shit! Got the 3 red lights of doom tonight.. all i was doing was listening to the glass prison by dream theater.. I guess it was too much for the old girl. Mine was made on november 11th, 2005.. little under two weeks before the launch. ouch.

Gonna call tomorrow. I heard they repair launch systems for free now? is that true?[/QUOTE]

Yep, any console manufactured in 2005 has a 1 year warranty.

I'm not sure but I have gotten the three red lights twice now while playing the same game, Lego Star Wars 2 on the same level, Death Star II. It happens only if I die while trying to escape the death star exploding.

The game will freeze. Then I will turn the power off, turn the power back on and I get the three red lights. I'll take out the disc wait for about 10 minutes and then hit the power swtich and the system comes back on fine both times.

I checked online and it says that this is a hardware failure. I've been able to play without any problems even that level again with out this happening and other games as well. I do not even get the message to call MS support on my screen when I get the three red lights.

Does anyone think that my system is on the brink of death anytime soon? I have the full warranty until 2008 so if I do have to send it in I should have no problems. Thoughts?

Woo, finally got mine back.

And fly, as long as you can play other games without freezing, its probably something with the disc. Most everyone here was fine untill their console locked up after about 2 minutes of play.

[quote name='flybrione']I'm not sure but I have gotten the three red lights twice now while playing the same game, Lego Star Wars 2 on the same level, Death Star II. It happens only if I die while trying to escape the death star exploding.

The game will freeze. Then I will turn the power off, turn the power back on and I get the three red lights. I'll take out the disc wait for about 10 minutes and then hit the power swtich and the system comes back on fine both times.

I checked online and it says that this is a hardware failure. I've been able to play without any problems even that level again with out this happening and other games as well. I do not even get the message to call MS support on my screen when I get the three red lights.

Does anyone think that my system is on the brink of death anytime soon? I have the full warranty until 2008 so if I do have to send it in I should have no problems. Thoughts?[/quote]

Do you have an intercooler attached to your unit? If so try taking it off. I kept getting red lights on mine while playing saints row, I took it off and no problems ever since.

NOOO! I was scared of it.. 3 red lights... First time it happened when i was trying to play DOA4. I took out all the wires and all that and it worked. TODAY, it happened again.. the three red lights, so i called MS and I took out all the wires and then something odd happened, the controller connected, everything seemed to be working fine except one thing, the audio worked, but the video didn't show up on my TV. :( CRAP, so the guy says just to send it in. I didnt know i had a warranty thats why i was scared of this, but luckily, the 360 Joevan sold me had a warranty on it,

Thanks, Joevan :D

Apperently mine is within warenty, which comes as a huge suprise. (as my 360 is about 6 months old) Who knew anyone could be happy about getting a coffin?

It is now officially Dead! the Three Red Lights have stayed and I can not get the system to boot up again. I don't have an intercooler. I did all the steps and it is still DOA.

Called support and got a coffin box a coming plus I got them to send me a new controller too! Glad I bought the warranty because I had no questions asked when I called support.

Well I off to play my neglected PS2 for about a week and a half. I have not sat down and played anything on PS2 besides Guitar Hero. I just got Okami so maybe my PS2 was getting jealous and broke my 360 on purpose. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back