Official Coffin Support Group - Is your 360 Dead? Post Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually have someone calling me EVERY TWO DAYS to check up on me and make sure the process is going smoothly. I'll bitch after I send it in the mail and ask for free stuff. I've always been at work, and the one day they called early in the morning, and I didn't have time to talk. We'll see...should call tomorrow again (but I have training at work, so I probably cannot answer)

Is this where you register your console? http://service.xbox.com/register.aspx

Every time I try, it gives me an error. I wonder if it is because it is the third time I sent it in.

okay so I got the ROD two weeks ago and ordered a coffin, but its stopped since then, but now all of my games start randomly freezing, but no ROD, should I jsut send it in or do I need to call MS and update them?

[quote name='hhhdx4']okay so I got the ROD two weeks ago and ordered a coffin, but its stopped since then, but now all of my games start randomly freezing, but no ROD, should I jsut send it in or do I need to call MS and update them?[/quote]
..why would you NOT send it in!? Did you pay $400 for a system that works only some of the time?

Maybe this has been asked b4 (long thread, sorry I have not read it all) but could someone just go to say walmart and buy a new 360 and then put the old defective 360 in the new box, and return that on the receipt for the one just purchased and get a full refund without having to deal with MS warranty hassles?
Or do all stores print the serial number of the system on the receipt?

I guess some people will jump in and say this is a "wrong" thing to do, but wrong to me is MS making all these defective systems. Returning to a store just seems easier than waiting on shipping and stuff.

[quote name='darkhunter']Maybe this has been asked b4 (long thread, sorry I have not read it all) but could someone just go to say walmart and buy a new 360 and then put the old defective 360 in the new box, and return that on the receipt for the one just purchased and get a full refund without having to deal with MS warranty hassles?

I guess some people will jump in and say this is a "wrong" thing to do, but wrong to me is MS making all these defective systems. Returning to a store just seems easier than waiting on shipping and stuff.[/quote]

#-o Ban!

Thats a problem between you and Microsoft. Not you and Walmart. Two wrongs dont make a right .. so on and so forth.

[quote name='darkhunter']Maybe this has been asked b4 (long thread, sorry I have not read it all) but could someone just go to say walmart and buy a new 360 and then put the old defective 360 in the new box, and return that on the receipt for the one just purchased and get a full refund without having to deal with MS warranty hassles?

I guess some people will jump in and say this is a "wrong" thing to do, but wrong to me is MS making all these defective systems. Returning to a store just seems easier than waiting on shipping and stuff.[/QUOTE]
YEAH! Take THAT Walmart!

I mean "Microsoft!"

I guess some people will jump in and say this is a "wrong" thing to do, but wrong to me is MS making all these defective systems. Returning to a store just seems easier than waiting on shipping and stuff.[/QUOTE]

GTFO

Yep..the working systems come out 2 years after release. So MS beat sony out of the gate by sacrificing a couple million users.

@cursor: they add the 1 month live automatically. They just stick the card in your box. Don't have to ask for it.

[quote name='Scorch']..why would you NOT send it in!? Did you pay $400 for a system that works only some of the time?[/quote]

Im sending it in, I was asking if I needed to tell them that i dont have the ROD anymore but my games constantly freeze if it really matters.

If you had the RROD at ALL, then be sure to mention it (and only that). Reading some of the stories on here, saying "RROD!!!!" is pretty much the only surefire way to avoid a headache-inducing phone call with MS tech support.

It's like calling into work and saying you have the shits: the conversation will last just that long, and you'll get everything you need without any hassle. And, best of all, you won't even be lying.

So I got my new console today from Gamestop, and it was manufactured in July
'06! >:whistle2:[

The 3 year Microsoft warranty is from date of purchase, or date of manufacture?

[quote name='seanr1221']So I got my new console today from Gamestop, and it was manufactured in July

The 3 year Microsoft warranty is from date of purchase, or date of manufacture?[/quote]
Purchase

Well I got off the phone with M$ support and they told me they are going to take longer on my repair due to the new hardware they are installing. I'm assuming he was referring to the new heat sink that was discovered.

The guy stated that normally the repair process before took two weeks and now it will take four weeks to repair the console due to the fact that they are installing the new hardware that will keep it from getting three red lights.

BTW I noticed that calling at night gets me an American CSR and calling in the day gets an Indian one.

Well since no one ever answered my question I'm just going to assume mine is broke and call them in the next few days. Today the first time I put in GH2 it said "To play this disc put it in an Xbox 360 console." It did this twice and then the 3rd time it worked. it then proceeded to skip during the songs about 5 times (drive slows down, it skips, then drive speeds back up and works). About 20 min later I got a "this disc is unreadable" error and it took me to the 360 Menu. It still knew the game was guitar hero 2 and when I went down and selected to play it, the game worked again. I don't know if its the drive or the laser (or both), but something is wrong with my system. I'm just afraid if I send it in. I wont get it back in time to take it with me when I return to college.

[quote name='LiveCrazy_Joe']Well I got off the phone with M$ support and they told me they are going to take longer on my repair due to the new hardware they are installing. I'm assuming he was referring to the new heat sink that was discovered.

The guy stated that normally the repair process before took two weeks and now it will take four weeks to repair the console due to the fact that they are installing the new hardware that will keep it from getting three red lights.

BTW I noticed that calling at night gets me an American CSR and calling in the day gets an Indian one.[/quote]

Funny you mention that, I considered trying to time my call so they would be asleep on that part of the world if I needed to call again. The guy you spoke to was full of it though. It will take the full time, but not so they can fix and return your console. It takes just as long for them to send you someone elses.

Mildly interesting note from dropping my coffin-enclosed 360 at UPS today:

The woman who took it said "this is the fourth one of these we've gotten today." That, combined with what seems to be a pickup around these parts of failures....well, the chickens be comin' home to roost.

[quote name='Scorch']..why would you NOT send it in!? Did you pay $400 for a system that works only some of the time?[/QUOTE]
Looks like all of us did! :lol:

[quote name='seanr1221']Ah ok, good.

Call me crazy, but I think this new system is quieter then my last...[/QUOTE]

I bought mine last November or so and it had your same manufacture date.... it's been working fine since... but I got the extended warranty (not free, of course....heh) and I noticed mine is a tad bit less "wind tunnel" sounding than my friend's older system.... so I guess we're both crazy. heh. ;)

So *knock on wood* we'll see...

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Well, I just now got the RROD. How do I prove when I bought it?[/quote]
I could be way wrong but I'm not sure that it matters since the 360 hasnt been out for 3 years. So I assume you're covered by default.

I was at 45 minutes from the time I connected until I was off the phone. Put it on speaker phone and walk away...

LOL! I know right?! It's like they dug through the deepest bowels of Europe to find the worst techno music they could.

Lets take bets. Whose call will get through first, mine or stainds?

Yeah, she kept saying power supply, but it didn't sound like she was saying that, so I was like "what?" ans then it finally dawned on me, and I was like "OH! Yeah, power supp-"

and then she hung up. So now i'm back listening to this horrible music.

The trick I learned from last time is to just say you do whatever tests they say to do. They will say to do ridiculous tests like turn the system off and back on. Last time I was like I know its defective it has given me disc errors many times and they are like try this and this and I just told them I did it but it still gave the error.

Yes I did and they said that the damage could have possibly happened after the driver put the package down at my residence. I laughed and hung up.

[quote name='SATAN']Yes I did and they said that the damage could have possibly happened after the driver put the package down at my residence. I laughed and hung up.[/QUOTE]

That's the typical UPS response. I had a game arrive and the case was smashed. UPS first claimed I perhaps stepped on it. Then maybe it was Gamestop.com packer. When I asked if it was all possible that the driver may have sat on it or dropped it or say threw it at the door step, I was told no. There was absolutely no way any of those things could have happened.

But apparently I could have stepped on it without it ever being on the ground near me.

Lol. I hate UPS with a passion. You always have to be home to pick up a package, but what they don't know is, most people work a 9 to 5 job (or in my case, 8 to 5), so there's no way to be home to get a package, you always have to get it the next day by calling in a pickup.

Not too long ago, I ordered a very expensive motherboard for my computer, and the guy delivered it to some people down the street, despite my address being correctly written on the box. DEATH TO UPS!

I've never had any problems with UPS. It's the USPS I have problems with. Their awful tracking service, and the fact that they deliver my normal mail at like 1. Then wait until like 7-8pm to bring any packages I got that day.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I've never had any problems with UPS. It's the USPS I have problems with. Their awful tracking service, and the fact that they deliver my normal mail at like 1. Then wait until like 7-8pm to bring any packages I got that day.[/QUOTE]

you hear anything about your shit yet?

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']you hear anything about your shit yet?[/QUOTE]
Nope. Not since the email I got notifying me they got my console. I'm wondering how long I should wait before calling them to check up on the status.

Having no 360 during E3 is fucking brutal.

[quote name='seanr1221']So I got my new console today from Gamestop, and it was manufactured in July

The 3 year Microsoft warranty is from date of purchase, or date of manufacture?[/quote]

We got a shipment of 8 360's in today at work.. every single one of them had a manufacture date of 11-25-2005. And these were brand new ones, too.

:dunce:

Just got my bi-daily call from my 360 support person (they call me every day). She did confirm that it would be 4-6 weeks before I would get the console back. I'm sure that is a Cover Your Ass tactic, but that sucks. She said it does come with a FREE month of live in the return box, but I will fight to get TWO if it goes 6 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back