Official Coffin Support Group - Is your 360 Dead? Post Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Nope. Not since the email I got notifying me they got my console. I'm wondering how long I should wait before calling them to check up on the status.

Having no 360 during E3 is fucking brutal.[/QUOTE]

yea i feel ya, i am prob going to call a week after they received my console, so tomorrow

[quote name='SATAN']RROD hit me two weeks ago. The first coffin I had ordered apparently was attacked by a bear. check it out http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x153/CAGSATAN/xboxcoffin001.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I noticed this also when I received my most recent white coffin box. Looks like it's due to there being nothing inside the box to give it support, so the ends easily collapse inward.

What Microsoft should really do is ship replacement 360s in the first place instead of shipping out empty boxes. Then when you get the replacement 360, you put your dead one in the box and ship that back to them. That would be excellent customer service and would be the fastest way to get a working 360 back in the hands of the customer. Plus, would reduce the incidence of destroyed white coffins.

Yeah, MS would NEVER do that though....how many people would NOT just ship their console back. Would be GREAT customer service, but they are not dumb.

Got mine back after about 2,3 weeks. Seems to work just fine, though I only played one game of Pac Man CE because it was 2am and I was tired (just got back from EA's Rock Band party).

I wonder if I'll now abandon my SNES and N64 again -- which I had been playing a ton while my 360 was out.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']yea i feel ya, i am prob going to call a week after they received my console, so tomorrow[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking about calling today or tomorrow. I'm curious as to what will happen with yours and mine since we sent them out on the same day, and they got there at the same time pretty much.

What's a good time to call to talk to an American? I don't really feel like having to open up Babelfish to talk to customer support.

[quote name='doubledown']Yeah, MS would NEVER do that though....how many people would NOT just ship their console back. Would be GREAT customer service, but they are not dumb.[/QUOTE]

I agree that they would probably not do this. But to handle the issue you describe above, they would just need to get your credit card number over the phone before shipping out the new console to you. So if you don't ship them back your dead console (within 30 days) they would automatically charge your card.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I'm thinking about calling today or tomorrow. I'm curious as to what will happen with yours and mine since we sent them out on the same day, and they got there at the same time pretty much.

What's a good time to call to talk to an American? I don't really feel like having to open up Babelfish to talk to customer support.[/quote]

If you call at night you can get an American CSR. Thats my experience anyways.

[quote name='LiveCrazy_Joe']If you call at night you can get an American CSR. Thats my experience anyways.[/quote]

Not for me. The last time I made a late call, like 30 min before they shut down for the night, I got some canadian guy from Saskachewan. His accent was so heavy I had trouble understanding him.

Second time I called I got an American guy and he was really cool and helpful. Third time I got an indian woman that apparently kept losing her spot on the checklist because she kept asking me the same questions over and over again.

so fooking angry, just got off the phone with CSR, she first told me my 360 shipped out, and i checked the tracking it was to Cancun Mexico, which is not where i live.

After she figured out she was doing something wrong, she told me that it will now take 4-6 weeks, it went from getting back the 3rd week of July to now the 2nd week of Aug at the earliest. Stupid Red Ring of Death recall really Fu[Ked me, since they are get swamped now.

Hmmm...my 360 reads DVDs and Xbox games abso-fucking-lutely fine.

But 360 games? "Please insert into an xbox 360 console". Ive almost never overheated and only gotten the red ring of death about 3 times( 1 was power outage).

Grrr....

UPS just dropped off my coffin, doubt I will get it back to UPS today, but I will get it there on Monday for sure.

And then the 2nd waiting game begins :cry:

[quote name='AK85']UPS just dropped off my coffin, doubt I will get it back to UPS today, but I will get it there on Monday for sure.

And then the 2nd waiting game begins :cry:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, enjoy the wait. Mine should arrive in TEXAS on the 16th (according to UPS.com).

I was seriously thinking of taking my $180 credit at GameRush and try to find a Elite console, then sell my Premium on EBAY to recoup the loss....but I doubt it. Wife wouldn't like that probably with a $300 outlay of cash....I bet I couldn't even get that for a USED Premium on EBAY

[quote name='doubledown']Posted in another thread, I find this story absolutely amazing if they ACTUALLY did admit this. If a company admits they have a faulty product, they should be obligated to do a global recall.

Next time my lady calls to check on me, I may bring up a few points to see if they have any plans to fix this.

Story: http://www.fastsilicon.com/latest-news/microsoft-admits-all-xbox360s-are-defective.html?Itemid=60[/quote]

[rant]I hate that a story about the story has all the diggs. thus is why I hate digg[/rant]

Now all we need is for them to admit other things are broken out of the box and we will be all set.

Got my coffin on July 3rd, mailed it in the 5th, they received it on the 9th, and I got tired of waiting so I called Microsoft support. This girl was pleasant, so I fake pleasant back. She told me it was only 4 business days, to call back next Thursday. It takes 9-15 days to repair. Now I'm playing the waiting game. What I do have going for me is that I sent it in before 3 year warranty add-on occur and I live in TX. Well, let's hope for me that counts for something. I tried playing my Wii but don't have any good games on it. Did give in and ordered the Amazon $500 deal.

I am sad to join you guys. I've had my 360 since release(waited all night) and it finally died. UPS lost my first coffin and had to ship another. This has been the longest week ever, E3 and no 360, I even missed the bungie free content. I will ship it tomorrow, about how long is the turn around? I just got a PS3 like 4 weeks ago and its nice but I only got 4 games compared to 51 360 games and all my friends have a 360. What do you guys do to ease the pain?

[quote name='jerm781']I even missed the bungie free content. I will ship it tomorrow, about how long is the turn around? I just got a PS3 like 4 weeks ago and its nice but I only got 4 games compared to 51 360 games and all my friends have a 360. What do you guys do to ease the pain?[/quote]

Damn, 51 games? You're not counting Live right? Smarterchild helped ease some of the pain, I might have missed it if I had my 360 to play. I gave in and bought a PS3, do I need to get any additional accessories?

Also, I've been responding to post more in a week than I did the whole year. Playing on club live for some free stuff was fun (the legit way,) but that's dull now.

What is this bungie free content you are talking about?

I just got an email saying they haven't recieved my console and asking if I would like to continue the request for service...

This is 2 weeks after they sent a new one to me...someone is confused over there.

[quote name='azortex']Damn, 51 games? You're not counting Live right? Smarterchild helped ease some of the pain, I might have missed it if I had my 360 to play. I gave in and bought a PS3, do I need to get any additional accessories?

Also, I've been responding to post more in a week than I did the whole year. Playing on club live for some free stuff was fun (the legit way,) but that's dull now.

What is this bungie free content you are talking about?[/quote]

51 games thanks to all you CAGers, and like 3 live games.
7-7-07 was bungie day there was some free gamer pics and a halo theme only available that day. I just got the hori arcade stick for ps3 $40 at eb/gs to play Virtua fighter, if you like fighting games.

Actually I meant if I had to buy a wireless adapter like I did on the XBox 360. Went to read the PS3 specs for the first time and realize the PS3 isn't that expensive considering it comes with a high def player and it's wireless. XBox you suck* because your system is expensive too, they just cut out corners and they are getting what's coming to them. (having to lose $1B in extended warranties)

*ranting because it's late and I'm annoyed my XBox is being repaired

[quote name='Scorch']Uh, okay. Play it, THEN call it crap. Don't go by reviews. I'd hate to be someone that blindly listens to reviews and accepts them rather than explore and find out for myself.[/quote]

Sorry, but I don't like to waste money (I am a CAG afterall), so if the majority of publications say a game isn't all that good, i'm going to bypass it. Just common sense really.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Sorry, but I don't like to waste money (I am a CAG afterall), so if the majority of publications say a game isn't all that good, i'm going to bypass it. Just common sense really.[/QUOTE]

And the majority of people who have it here say they love it soo....take your pick.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Sorry, but I don't like to waste money (I am a CAG afterall), so if the majority of publications say a game isn't all that good, i'm going to bypass it. Just common sense really.[/quote]

play the demo, its on live

[quote name='seanr1221']And the majority of people who have it here say they love it soo....take your pick.[/quote]

What, all 12 people who bought it? And they say they love it to ward off buyers regret.

I could download a demo, but, you know, that whole time is money thing...

They must be getting swamped. Been on hold awhile...

Wait, is that a commercial? Are they trying to sell me 360 accessories while I'm calling because my shit is broken?

[quote name='Temporaryscars']What, all 12 people who bought it? And they say they love it to ward off buyers regret.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, because the Shadowrun owners are all about saving face on the internet.

I'm fairly confident my next unit is on its way out. The thing locked up while I was limping my way through Vampire Rain (insulting poor game, by the way). When I restarted it, the console wouldn't recognize my HD DVD player (and by extension, my Live camera) or my controller. I couldn't sync up the controller, but that was not my major concern. I thought, at first, that my USB ports were screwed over. I hooked my charge and play kit and the console recognized the controller and even assigned it in its proper spot. Unplugged the cable, no disconnection. Problem 3 solved.

I tried swapping out the USB cable and still absolutely nothing. I tried various configurations for a short while (No HDD, Camera only, etc). To confirm my suspicions (so I could get off the phone as quickly as possible), I tried hooking up my brother's 360 to the player...it recognized it immediately. I hook my console again, just to check, and both devices are recognized.

Dodged a shitty bullet for now.

Wow, the guy I talked to had the thickest Canadian accent I've ever heard. Could barely understand him.

Anyway it's apparently still getting repaired, and I'm supposed to call on the 21st if I don't have it by then.

Ok, this is my second time to send it in for repair. Not a 3 red light problem but I do have the extended plan so it's covered anyway. They are sending me a coffin this time, last time they did not so I guess that's an improvement. I think my machine is set to break about a month after Wombat's because this is twice his breakdown was a forshadowing of mine.

I just received email that my box was shipped. This is now about 2 weeks after I finished the entire process. I'm not sure if their auto-email system is flawed or if something bizarre is happening. I wish they kept in touch with me this much when I actually was going through the process...

Anyway, I thought this might make a few people laugh. care of Rooster Teeth
20070714RT0143.jpg

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Wow, the guy I talked to had the thickest Canadian accent I've ever heard. Could barely understand him.

Anyway it's apparently still getting repaired, and I'm supposed to call on the 21st if I don't have it by then.[/quote]

Probably the same guy I got before. He sure loved using the word "sir" alot too. But I think that's Canadian law. :D

Just called to order a coffin for my 360, I was surprised that it only took about 15 mins. I was expecting to be on hold for longer. I should get the coffin they said within 2 weeks and then after they get it I should get it back within 2 weeks. I guess they are so busy that they are trying to cover any delay.

Does anyone know if they will not fix it if they don't get 3 red lights. Mine is freezing and after I restart a few times I get the lights. But I don't get them always on the first try. However I can not play more than 2 mins of a game before it freezes, then after I restart I get the lights.

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']Just called to order a coffin for my 360, I was surprised that it only took about 15 mins. I was expecting to be on hold for longer. I should get the coffin they said within 2 weeks and then after they get it [/QUOTE]
Wow, it takes 2 weeks to get the coffin now?

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Only took me like 4 days to get it at the end of June.[/quote]

Yeah I should rephrase. It arrived in 4 days, but it took them 6 to put it in the mail.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Wow, it takes 2 weeks to get the coffin now?[/QUOTE]

It took maybe 5 days from when I called to get my coffin. They shipped it the day after I called....3 day shipping. My 360 should be arriving in McAllen, TX today....makes THREE stops in TX, which I find amazing.

[quote name='doubledown']It took maybe 5 days from when I called to get my coffin. They shipped it the day after I called....3 day shipping. My 360 should be arriving in McAllen, TX today....makes THREE stops in TX, which I find amazing.[/quote]

Mine arrived in TX on Friday they should be getting it somtime today. Should be interesting to see who's gets fixed first.

I wonder are they fixing these in the order that they arrive or are they giving special attention to people who have had there 2nd or 3rd problem or more.

To those who have had there 360 shipped back to them recently are they refurbs or are they your original console that you shipped to them?

I got the call on saturday that my 360 is in the repair process. I'm hoping it will be on it's way back this week, but I'm not counting on it. My vacation starts on thursday, but I'm off until next saturday. I guess I may have to find something constructive to do instead.

Anyone try to get a REFUND for their Extended Warranty (if purchased)? I may ask when my lady calls me today....she calls every two days to give me an update. I think this only happens if you are returning your 360 3 or more times.

[quote name='doubledown']Anyone try to get a REFUND for their Extended Warranty (if purchased)? I may ask when my lady calls me today....she calls every two days to give me an update. I think this only happens if you are returning your 360 3 or more times.[/quote]

In the 3 year announcement thread someone said they called and got a partial refund. They take off a percentage based on how long it's been, and then like a 10% restocking fee(that's not the right term but it's basically the same thing) or something.

[quote name='Surferflames']In the 3 year announcement thread someone said they called and got a partial refund. They take off a percentage based on how long it's been, and then like a 10% restocking fee(that's not the right term but it's basically the same thing) or something.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought....I may have even reported it in another thread. Since I have a LAUNCH 360, I would probably get $0 back.....

Well, I think my refurb is about to eat it. The drive keeps failing while I'm playing Gears, and it'll give me the dirty disc error. My drive has also scratched the disc to SHIT. Will MS do anything about this if my console is out of warranty, or will I have to lie and tell them I'm getting the red rings? I'm pretty sure that's what's gonna happen next.

Is there a 360 "survivor" thread? I keep seeing this bumped, and I know people occasionally mention that their first 360 is just fine, dandy, and still kicking. I would be curious, however, to see who/how many CAGs are still on their first.

Well I got an email saying that my xbox was repaired Sunday 7-14. Then today got and email stating that they shipped it and it should be here in 3-5 days. Wow its been like three weeks since Ive played my 360. It feels like and eternity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back