Official Coffin Support Group - Is your 360 Dead? Post Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Ikohn4ever']do you know if the serial number is on the box or anyplace else besides the console itself?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure its just on the console. I don't know how receipts work but maybe its on there? dunno

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']do you know if the serial number is on the box or anyplace else besides the console itself?[/quote]

If you still have the receipt from when you purchased it, it should be on there since they have to scan both the upc and the serial number.

mine died yet again. This the 3rd time that it happen to me in year. I only had this console for little over a month before this thing died on me. M$ needs to get everthing together. Thier is no way in hell that im going to go though this every few months let alone again.

[quote name='doubledown']I cannot register on that site that tracks your repair...any tricks or suggestions?[/quote]

If you registered your 360 over the phone try this link. This is how I was able to get mine to work. The other way would not let me register due to me giving my info over the phone. Once I registered the device I was then able to see my info and update anything that was missing when I initially made the report of my 3 red ring issue.

http://service.xbox.com/phoneregister.aspx

No luck on getting any free games. I just got a free 30 day live membership... But they told me I could get a refund on my FIFA 07 that got fucking cracked by my xbox 360.

Oh well. Their sending my coffin to me and hopefully Ill get it and ship it back before I go to Vegas, ease the pain a little : /

Got 'em last night. 51 minutes total spent on the phone. The guy was nice and laid back about it, and my coffin is on the way.

This is going to be a boring month.

fuckING ASSHOLES!

He told me they would replace my FIFA 07 through the disc replacement program, when it says only games published by Microsoft are eligible!

DAMNIT. I can;t bring it in store because A. "THe console damaged it" so they are not liable and B. the 90 days are up.

Everyone that is having problems getting their console to register online, I had to put my name in as ALL CAPS before it would take it, so hopefully that will help some of you other guys.

[quote name='AK85']Everyone that is having problems getting their console to register online, I had to put my name in as ALL CAPS before it would take it, so hopefully that will help some of you other guys.[/quote]

Try all caps, no caps or proper caps. Mine was proper caps.

On a side note, mine is showing as "
Repair Status: No pending repair"

WTF?

Unless it's fixed and on it's way back now.

[quote name='sp00ge']Try all caps, no caps or proper caps. Mine was proper caps.

On a side note, mine is showing as "
Repair Status: No pending repair"

WTF?

Unless it's fixed and on it's way back now.[/quote]

My status is "Empty Box shipped to customer"

UPS tracking shows my box was delivered back to the repair center on thursday, so I am guessing that they are so backed up that it is taking a while for everything to get updated.

can someone tell me when these fuckers at microsoft are going to put out a WORKING product? As we speak, are they still manufacturing and shipping out problematic 360s?

One would think that with all these failures, the new heatsink would be part of the new production units.

[quote name='gsr']can someone tell me when these fuckers at microsoft are going to put out a WORKING product? As we speak, are they still manufacturing and shipping out problematic 360s?

One would think that with all these failures, the new heatsink would be part of the new production units.[/QUOTE]
truthfully i think the problem is halfass repairs and then continuing to send out these , "repaired" consoles.

I had a good run with my 360 brought back from the dead via the towel trick, but its giving me the red eye again.

I'll give the towel trick another try and see if I can squeeze another week out of this thing.

[quote name='CheapyD']I had a good run with my 360 brought back from the dead via the towel trick, but its giving me the red eye again.

I'll give the towel trick another try and see if I can squeeze another week out of this thing.[/quote]

B..But you're Cheapy D! Your 360 can't break!

[quote name='AK85']If you still have the receipt from when you purchased it, it should be on there since they have to scan both the upc and the serial number.[/QUOTE]

so it'd be on the box then? cause i bought mine from a friend of a friend. Any clue what one would look like is it alphanumeric and how many places is the serial number?

[quote name='AK85']Everyone that is having problems getting their console to register online, I had to put my name in as ALL CAPS before it would take it, so hopefully that will help some of you other guys.[/QUOTE]

BINGO! Thanks for the tip.

:( Repair Status: Device Received at Service Center

^^LOL. At least the Sega Cd was slightly more reliable than a 360.

Called this morning about my xbox and was told the ONLY info they had was my 360 was received over a week ago. No updates. No progress. No Priority status. The guy I had talked to earlier in the week apparently was feeding me a line of bullshit.

After waiting about 5 weeks I got a refurb 360 back from MS and guess what? I get unreadable disc errors with this box. Awesome Microsoft, just awesome. I don't know how else to put it. This just may drive me to buy a PS3 and trade in Xbox #3 that I will get back in over a month.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Just got an email telling me my 360 has shipped, and I'll have it in 3-5 days. I noticed the serial number is different, so looks like I got a refurb.[/quote]

Hope you like Peeps and FMV games.

[quote name='Inferno-X']After waiting about 5 weeks I got a refurb 360 back from MS and guess what? I get unreadable disc errors with this box. Awesome Microsoft, just awesome. I don't know how else to put it. This just may drive me to buy a PS3 and trade in Xbox #3 that I will get back in over a month.[/quote]

Same boat I'm in. They sent me one that only read 1/2 of my games and wouldn't read BC games at all. They had that one for over a week, I called a few days ago and was told it was being worked on and was marked priority because of the circumstances. I call today and it's apparently just sitting their and has no prority status. It's getting ridiculous.

[quote name='sp00ge']Same boat I'm in. They sent me one that only read 1/2 of my games and wouldn't read BC games at all. They had that one for over a week, I called a few days ago and was told it was being worked on and was marked priority because of the circumstances. I call today and it's apparently just sitting their and has no prority status. It's getting ridiculous.[/quote]

It's getting ridiculous? Dude, the situation there has passed ridiculous twice already.

[quote name='sp00ge']Same boat I'm in. They sent me one that only read 1/2 of my games and wouldn't read BC games at all. They had that one for over a week, I called a few days ago and was told it was being worked on and was marked priority because of the circumstances. I call today and it's apparently just sitting their and has no prority status. It's getting ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I talked to a lady there and she says they do NOT do priority for ANY 360 received. If someone tells you that, it's just Bullshit. I've already sent mine in 3 times, and I'm waiting to get my 4th one back now. Hopefully I don't have DDE like some of you are getting, if that is the case, I may just break down and get an Elite (hoping for a rumored price drop in August).

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Just got an email telling me my 360 has shipped, and I'll have it in 3-5 days. I noticed the serial number is different, so looks like I got a refurb.[/QUOTE]

thats some garbage, they said I wouldnt be getting mine till like a couple weeks in Aug and we sent ours in at the exact same time

[quote name='AK85']Everyone that is having problems getting their console to register online, I had to put my name in as ALL CAPS before it would take it, so hopefully that will help some of you other guys.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't work for me. :(

WTF, this is my 2nd return. 1st time they shipped me another console the day after it arrived. Now it takes 10-12 days to fix the consoles?!?

[quote name='doubledown']did you check your status on http://service.xbox.com/servicehome.aspx

Does it update when your NEW one shipped?[/quote]

I imagine it does if they give you the same one back. If, however, you get a refurb it will be a different serial number and say "no repair requested" or something like that. In this case you have to call to get the details.

Add me to the list of owners whose Xbox 360 console crapped out. All of a sudden my system produces no picture (I tried using it on an HDTV, SDTV, and computer monitor with the VGA adapter).

When you send the system to MS, is there a chance that they will repair your system and send that same one back or do they always send you some random refurbished model? I don't really want a console that has been God knows where...

Was I the only one who wasn't pissed when it happened? I mean, don't get me wrong, it sucks, but it has become such a common thing, that I felt it was just a matter of time.

[quote name='Kendro']Add me to the list of owners whose Xbox 360 console crapped out. All of a sudden my system produces no picture (I tried using it on an HDTV, SDTV, and computer monitor with the VGA adapter).

When you send the system to MS, is there a chance that they will repair your system and send that same one back or do they always send you some random refurbished model? I don't really want a console that has been God knows where...[/quote]

There might be a chance, I got someone elses unfortunately - whoever gets mine will get one that was babied.

so i got an elite today, was playing gears single player for a couple hours, went to try playing online, and i got a disc unreadable, so i restarted the single player and it was fine, went to try online, same error

this is a used copoy of gears with some scratches, but cmon, is it possible my elite alreay sucks?

Curious, I've been reading and looking at peppered posts. Everyone that has had the 3 red rings or other problems that needed the 360 to be sent back were any of those elite? Perhaps its the core and older models that are having the problem. Maybe its just late and I'm not thinking right but I havnt seen anyone say "my elite just crapped out". Thanks.

PS. I want a 360 over ps3 for price and other means however I don't want to go throug this. *sigh* Hopefully that damn falcon fixes all this.

[quote name='AvidWriter']Curious, I've been reading and looking at peppered posts. Everyone that has had the 3 red rings or other problems that needed the 360 to be sent back were any of those elite? Perhaps its the core and older models that are having the problem. Maybe its just late and I'm not thinking right but I havnt seen anyone say "my elite just crapped out". Thanks.

PS. I want a 360 over ps3 for price and other means however I don't want to go throug this. *sigh* Hopefully that damn falcon fixes all this.[/quote]
I asked some people about Elites after they were out for awhile and they seem to have the same failure rate. From what I understand the new heat sink should be the thing that stops the ROD, not the Falcon innards.

[quote name='azortex']Got my coffin on July 3rd, mailed it in the 5th, they received it on the 9th, and I got tired of waiting so I called Microsoft support. This girl was pleasant, so I fake pleasant back. She told me it was only 4 business days, to call back next Thursday. It takes 9-15 days to repair. Now I'm playing the waiting game. What I do have going for me is that I sent it in before 3 year warranty add-on occur and I live in TX. Well, let's hope for me that counts for something. I tried playing my Wii but don't have any good games on it. Did give in and ordered the Amazon $500 deal.[/quote]
Got an email on Fri, 20 Jul 2007 10:48 pm. "Good news, your Xbox console has been shipped! You can expect to receive it in 3-5 business days." Of course, when I use the tracking # provided in the email UPS couldn't verify it. Here's hoping everything goes well, if it doesn't my PS3 should be arriving this week too. Only have NG Sigma, there wasn't any other game that caught my eye. Probably time to build a bigger PS3 & Wii library.

[quote name='Kendro']Add me to the list of owners whose Xbox 360 console crapped out. All of a sudden my system produces no picture (I tried using it on an HDTV, SDTV, and computer monitor with the VGA adapter).

When you send the system to MS, is there a chance that they will repair your system and send that same one back or do they always send you some random refurbished model? I don't really want a console that has been God knows where...[/quote]

Did you double, triple, and quadruple check that it's set to either TV or HDTV on your audio/video cords where it goes into the console? I was having the same problem then noticed somehow that the switch had been flipped.

[quote name='hurley7715']is it worth getting a mini fan and aiming it at the back of the 360 when playing it?[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, no. I have my 360 nice and open, and still get the same failure rate. Now, I sit and wait....I believe it arrived a week ago, still no shipping update. I'm annoyed, I really want to play NCAA 08.

As for NOT being upset, I was ok maybe the first time, but the 2nd and 3rd times really start to annoy you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back