Official Coffin Support Group - Is your 360 Dead? Post Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
they received my console a few days ago..
this is so dumb, if they are just gonna send a refurbished one rather than my repaired one, the turn around should be mad quicker

SWEET I went from 4 RROD to the much worse of 3 RROD. Great news is that I just finally got some cash so I could play Bioshock just got home booted up my machine and JEEZZZTTTTTT strange frozen 360 boot screen.

360 is this generations PS2 grats MS.

[quote name='Malkovich']OK wtf. I bought a new 360 yesturday. Thought I'd finally cave for Bioshock. About half an hour ago I took the disc out for the first time and put it in.

Now I have been very paranoid because of all the problems everyones been having with the 360 since launch. I know these games get scratches if you move or bump the console while a disc is in the drive. So I was very careful. The console is on a very stable stand on the other side of the room. The 360 is on top and I refuse to even press the button to open the drive. I use the controller. I put the disc in and close it with the controller too. The disc starts up normal sounding.

About 20 minutes into the game I get a message pop out the side to turn off the console cause the disc can't be read. They say some crap like "clean it off or something." I took the disc out and I could see a very very light ring scratch close to the center. I try the game again, play a little further and get the message again. WTF I didn't even touch the console.

So I'm taking back the console first thing in the morning to get a new one. But what do I do about Bioshock? I bought it from Fry's. This was the reason I got the friggen 360. I've heard bad stories but this is ridiculous. I did everything right and still got screwed. Damn you Microsoft.
---[/quote]

I'm almost willing to bet that you have the 360 standing up, don't you?

Well, my 360 just RRoDed on me. I just got Bioshock and it died before I could even get out of the first cutscene, I'm still stuck underwater after the plane crash.

Dammit.

Got mine back yesterday finally, after missing the delivery truck on Friday.
3 weeks being down. Not too bad, but since I got a refurb don't know why the turnaround was not quicker. It should be a one day turnaround.
Oh well.
Bioshock is great.

My first 360 is dead.

Purchased: ~4/15/2006
Date of permanent RROD: 8/25/2007

Immediate circumstances of death: Screen freeze during an attempt to verify proper audio hookups with Halo 2 audio test.

Coffin Call: 8/26/2007
Time quoted for repair: 7 days to receive coffin, 25 days for repair.

Chances of enjoying Halo 3 launch: Bleak.

Bioshock status: Sitting on shelf, opened, and unplayed. Broken Big Daddy figure provides little solace. His coffin is also on its way.

When do you find out when its being shipped back? Mine has a new serial number, when i look at Manage Your Device, but nothing about shipping.

This sucks. When I called on Friday I was told that my replacement console had been shipped and was given the tracking number for it. Still as of today the tracking number shows up as "Billing Information Received". Have they really not even shipped it yet? What the hell takes them so long?!

My repaired or refurbished 360 just shipped.
I called them 7/26, got the coffin 8/1, they got the 360 8/6, sent it back 8/28.
Since I sent it away I've got DiRT, Madden 08, Spider-man 3, a wireless steering wheel, and Bioshock.

Well it pays to have friends at Best Buy I walked in and told my buddy what was up 30 minutes later I got a new 360 with the HDMI output :)

Coffin crisis adverted :)

Well, my "new" 360 is scheduled to deliver to my home today. Checked my email this morning "In regards to your request for a brand new console, I was not successful with having that arranged for you."

The good 'ol bait & switch. Oh well, I wonder what my parting gifts will be this time.

I think mines near death or dead. It was a launch 360. It worked fine up to playing Madden 08. The SOB started freezing up in the middle of every game. Funny because my XBox died when I got the 07 version of Madden for it. I still have my Costco receipt when I bought the launch 360. I wonder if I can return it now? They had a 100% satifaction gaurantee back when I bought it. Is there anyway to save my data and all the xbox live stuff I've bought? What about my yearly subscription to Live? I may have to knock the dust off my PS3 now and actually play it!

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but I had a question about Microsoft's warranty.

I know they extended it for 3 years (which made me very happy), but according to Game Informer, the warranty does not cover, overheating, disc scratching, or system updates bricking the system. Is this true? If so that's completely ridiculous. So if your 360 dies via RRoD then you're covered, but if it dies & scratches your game(s), the you're shit out of luck? And they don't cover it if THEIR OWN updates are the cause for your system breaking down? Can anyone confirm this, or is Microsoft more lenient about their warranty than Game Informer made it sound?

Is it the hard drive thats messing up or is it the system? How's the best way to get my game saves etc.. over to a new system? I'm gonna take my near death system back to Costco and get an Elite but I need to figure out how to get my data off the crapped out system.

[quote name='Wanderlai']Is it the hard drive thats messing up or is it the system? How's the best way to get my game saves etc.. over to a new system?[/QUOTE]

Only way I know is to use a XSATA device, or if you get the Elite system you can request the transfer cable for free.

Now, the only problem comes if you're turning in your console first. I'd suggest the XSATA, but I don't know if you can just hook it up to the computer without the 360 on.

Mine's been having disc read errors ever since I got it last month. Yesterday it refused to even acknowledge that pristine games were in the disc tray. That was the final straw, so I called MS and they're sending a coffin this week. :/

Blah my 360 is starting to act up a little. Everytime I finish playing a game, I go to the dashboard. Then, when I open the tray to take the disk out, I see that the disc was still spinning and makes a weird noise. Oh and I have my 360 standing for the first time ever..so maybe thats why?

I had started experiencing a lot of DDEs when I picked up NCAA 08. Then a few days ago, got the beeps (which I've yet to see anyone else experience). Then, 1 RROD. Then another a couple of days later. Then two days ago it wouldn't even boot without the RROD.

Called MS to send the box, and I'm trying the towel trick now to get me until the coffin arrives.

Stranglehold demo froze 4 times last night, each time lasting 3 to 5 seconds.. looks like I may be getting a broken 360 in the near future..

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I had started experiencing a lot of DDEs when I picked up NCAA 08. Then a few days ago, got the beeps (which I've yet to see anyone else experience). Then, 1 RROD. Then another a couple of days later. Then two days ago it wouldn't even boot without the RROD.

Called MS to send the box, and I'm trying the towel trick now to get me until the coffin arrives.[/QUOTE]

I've gotten the beeps of death. That was either my 2nd or 3rd 360.

My current 360 is on its way out. I beat Bioshock to be greeted the next day by the 3 red rings of death. I reseted the console and it works, but its only time before it dies. The clocks ticking and I'm hoping it survives long enough for me to play Halo 3. One of my past consoles died around Gears of War launch and I didn't get to play until a week later. :(

Just got the 3 rings...I went to get BioShock today w/ a TRU gift card and all 3 stores were sold out, so I came home and played some Madden 08...went to play an hour later and nothing...no warning at all...good thing I just got my PS3 from the Amazon deal yesterday...should ease my pain tho still no games I want to play for it...

I got my refurb on Wednesday. Born on date 11-6-06, nice. My "compensation" was another controller. That brings my current total to 5. Thanks M$.

We should really start keeping track on the serial #'s. I wonder if we're passing around the same few hundred consoles sometimes.

[quote name='y2jedi']I got my refurb on Wednesday. Born on date 11-6-06, nice. My "compensation" was another controller. That brings my current total to 5. Thanks M$.

We should really start keeping track on the serial #'s. I wonder if we're passing around the same few hundred consoles sometimes.[/quote]

I've got my old serial # from my 1st console. If you're serious about starting a site like this, PM me and I'll get you my old s/n.

[quote name='Sinistar']I've got my old serial # from my 1st console. If you're serious about starting a site like this, PM me and I'll get you my old s/n.[/quote]

I still have the box from my original console. I'm pretty sure the S/N is on the box. Maybe we should start a page.

[quote name='Stingermck']Received my replacement today, manufactured Aug 14, 2007[/QUOTE]

How do you go about getting a "new" 360?

My 360 was just sent to MS for the 2nd time in a year (RRoD both times). The 1st time they sent back the same 360 (same serial number anyway) and it worked great for the past 11 months. I wonder if they just automatically send you a refurb unit if your "repaired" 360 comes back to them a 2nd time?

We'll see in a few weeks I guess.

I've heard these have a 33% failure rate. Anecdotally from this thread, it would seem that the rate would be alot higher (being that some are on their second or third 360 replacement)

[quote name='Scorch']Stranglehold demo froze 4 times last night, each time lasting 3 to 5 seconds.. looks like I may be getting a broken 360 in the near future..[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me, but only froze once instead of four and moments later "RRoD".

I'm conflicted about whether to get super puzzle fighter hd for ps3 or wait for my refurb 360 to come back. If i get it for the new 360 and it dies again, which it probably will i'll end up having to be signed in to live all the time to play it, while this isn't an issue on the ps3, i have zero friends on PSN and would have no one to play with anyway. what do you guys think?

I've had the 360 freeze on me via non-disc demos (only) since about launch (and just recently with the Biosock demo), but have yet to see the red lights. Just wondering if those kind of freezes could mean red light doomage in the future?

[quote name='heybtbm']How do you go about getting a "new" 360?

My 360 was just sent to MS for the 2nd time in a year (RRoD both times). The 1st time they sent back the same 360 (same serial number anyway) and it worked great for the past 11 months. I wonder if they just automatically send you a refurb unit if your "repaired" 360 comes back to them a 2nd time?

We'll see in a few weeks I guess.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting a "supposedly" new 360 according to the serial number & a MS rep.

The new serial #:
*******733**

7 for the year made & 33 for the week made. That would be between the 13th & the 19th of August 2007 I think.

My 360 died on the 8th of August, made 8/06. I called MS and a box was ordered and sent next day. I received it the following Tuesday, and I dropped it off at my local UPS store the nex day(Wednesday). MS received it in Texas the following Tuesday. It sat there a week and the serial number changed the next wednesday evening.

I got home late that night. MS's phone service closed so I called the next day (thursday)and they confirmed it shipped & that it was new but the rep obviously didn't know the circumstances as to why it was a new unit, but only said "that usually means it was un-fixable".

I also included a note with my 360 when I sent it back, saying.

This adult owned 360 has been well taken care of. I'd like the same unit back instead of someone elses refurbished 360 "if possible".

Anyway last night I was on Goozex and I noticed a GamePro article called:
Microsoft not fixing 360s, only sending replacements

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=132168

GameProA new consumer report alleges that Microsoft is merely sending new faulty Xbox 360 machines as warranty replacements instead of fixing the "Red Ring of Death" error that renders the console useless.

IDK about MS sending faulty 360's but It could be true that their starting to send new units possibly to get rid of their existing stock to move onto the Falcon SKU.

UPDATE

My 360 is currently in Memphis, TN and I should have it by wednesday-thursday.

What a coincidence someone from Memphis just posted after me, LOL

[quote name='MemphisGun']UH OH....my 3 sikky is startin to freze...[/QUOTE]

Have you tried cleaning your 360 with a DVD/CD/console cleaning disc?

Alot of gamers forgot to use those after a long period of time and then they scream "bloody murder" when their console freezes up sometimes. Not to say this is the case with you MG. There's a chance the system is just messing up.

I had a cleaning disc for my original Xbox said to clean your dvd/cd laser lens every 10 hours of use.

Hey was wondering if the 360 elites in stores now are the ones with the smaller chips and better heatsinks? Also if they have corrected the problem of the launch systems scratching the crap out of the disc even if you slightly nudge the system?

my elite that has a manf day of 6/20 got knocked over while playing crackdown by my retarded brother in law and it didnt even nick the disc, could be luck though.

I bought one from 0725 that had freezing problems. Probably just a freak dud. Exchanged it for a 0726 that has run better than any other 360 I've owned...

My 6/7 Elite has the new heatsink and is performing like a dream. (I love the HDMI connection... SOOO crisp and clear!)

Makes watching HD DVD's a dream :)

You want to put a question mark at the end of the subject? I came in looking to see evidence they admitted a disc scratching problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back