Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if the target steelbook is what the game comes in? Or is the steelbook a separate item from the game?

Anyone know if the target steelbook is what the game comes in? Or is the steelbook a separate item from the game?
The game is going to be in the steelbook. Although this hasn't been confirmed, most of us think that will be the case because it was the same with Tomb Raider.

Called with the DPCI and they said they don't have either in the system. Including the 360 one, which I saw personally hanging up.

Who the hell knows. This Target is awful.

I'd go to another, but the next closest is 8 miles or so away. This one is a 5 min drive.

Yeah, as soon as Best Buy puts that Elder Scrolls CE up, I'll be pre-ordering.
That is a damn nice looking CE.

Even if it does turn out to be PS4 only, I'll just trade in the disc only and keep everything else. Maybe sell off the DLC too.

Come to think of it, It may turn out better that way, since I don't have an X1 yet, or a PC that could handle the game.

We should rename this thread gamers who like to spend lots of money on collector's editions.
Haha, so true. I still think of myself as a CAG though.

I don't buy Collectors Editions because they are rare, may become rare, resell for a higher amount, or may end up being worth a lot.

I buy Collectors Editions to you know...collect. If the CE isn't imo a good enough added value (not talking resale value, but display/using items value) I'm interested over the MSRP $60 of said game, I'll pass. $40-$80 extra for a 1 or 2 items I want and a bunch of DLC I don't want/isn't worth it, no thanks. I am guilty of buying some NISA CE's of games I'm interested in because they never restock, always sell out ('cept Mugen Souls?), store exclusives, base games rarely go on sale (and then never under $30 usually), and are usually very good quality.

Certain games drop to $40 in 2-3 weeks, $30 for big sales maybe 2 months out, and may end up $10-$20 6 months later. So I only buy a CE if I'm really interested in the game and contents, or it goes on sale for a reasonable price, sometimes cheaper than the SE of the game.

It gets more complicated now that HD remakes are getting the CE treatment like Tales of Symphonia HD and FFX HD collections. Since their MSRP is $40, already played the games, yet still want to charge normal CE prices. On the other hand, if they add/upgrade 1st print run to LE, I'll pay the MSRP $40. I remember a ton of people found KH 1.5 Remix LE for $20.

Just my thoughts and opinions.

Haha, so true. I still think of myself as a CAG though.

I don't buy Collectors Editions because they are rare, may become rare, resell for a higher amount, or may end up being worth a lot.

I buy Collectors Editions to you know...collect. If the CE isn't imo a good enough added value (not talking resale value, but display/using items value) I'm interested over the MSRP $60 of said game, I'll pass. $40-$80 extra for a 1 or 2 items I want and a bunch of DLC I don't want/isn't worth it, no thanks. I am guilty of buying some NISA CE's of games I'm interested in because they never restock, always sell out ('cept Mugen Souls?), store exclusives, base games rarely go on sale (and then never under $30 usually), and are usually very good quality.

Certain games drop to $40 in 2-3 weeks, $30 for big sales maybe 2 months out, and may end up $10-$20 6 months later. So I only buy a CE if I'm really interested in the game and contents, or it goes on sale for a reasonable price, sometimes cheaper than the SE of the game.

It gets more complicated now that HD remakes are getting the CE treatment like Tales of Symphonia HD and FFX HD collections. Since their MSRP is $40, already played the games, yet still want to charge normal CE prices. On the other hand, if they add/upgrade 1st print run to LE, I'll pay the MSRP $40. I remember a ton of people found KH 1.5 Remix LE for $20.

Just my thoughts and opinions.
Still slightly undecided on ToS HD CE since it's 60 dollars above the MSRP. The extras seem aight though, just not sure yet but i'll decide by the time the games coming out.

Wound up with an order in for Demon Gaze LE, LR CE, DS2 CE, and cancelled my Bravely Default pre-order. I'll just pick up the artbook for Bravely Default off ebay later down the road.

Thanks for the thread OP, my wallet hates you.

Stopped at Best Buy to trade in some games to Pre Order a second copy of Bravery Default.

Then hit Target to get a pre order card for Lightning Returns.

February i'm gonna be so broke with so many games coming out.

Bravery Default, Lightning Returns, Professor Layon, Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare.

That's not even counting Fable Anniversary.

March is gonna be just as crazy.

Stopped at Best Buy to trade in some games to Pre Order a second copy of Bravery Default.

Then hit Target to get a pre order card for Lightning Returns.

February i'm gonna be so broke with so many games coming out.

Bravery Default, Lightning Returns, Professor Layon, Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare.

That's not even counting Fable Anniversary.

March is gonna be just as crazy.
Feb-March are both nuts. In Feb I'm definitely getting Bravely Default & Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, both CE's. Strongly considering Lighting Returns & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 as well. In March my definites are the FF X / X-2 HD CE and The Witch & The Hundred Knight (getting the $20 Amazon price on that one, can't turn that down). If the rumor that Watch Dogs is going to be a March release is true then I'm definitely getting it as well. And if there's a physical release of Deception IV I'll most likely get that. If it's digital only I'll wait for a sale.

EDIT: And I'm also getting the LR CE guide, the FF X / X-2 guide and the Dark Souls II CE guide. Ugh!

Decided I didnt want the expensive FFX HD after all and submitted a cancellation request through SE's website.

How long did it take for you guys to receive a refund? I paid with paypal.

That's the only thing holding me back. No game is worth $15 a month.
It's worth if they are shelling content rapidly, and the servers are smooth. Maybe.

I hope they sell time cards, and you can get them on sale like you could with the WoW ones.

Are there any good run-downs / previews of Elder Scrolls Online anywhere?  I was trying to find some info today - trying to determine if it's just another typical MMO with a different coat of paint or if they're really doing something different.  

Decided I didnt want the expensive FFX HD after all and submitted a cancellation request through SE's website.

How long did it take for you guys to receive a refund? I paid with paypal.
I'm still waiting on Digital River to cancel one of my orders (switched LR copy from Xbox 360 to PS3). Credit Card cancellations are really fast but I'm not so sure about PayPal. The current order I am cancelling I paid with PayPal so we will see what happens...

Well, that Elder Scrolls CE has a steelbook and an artbook, so I'm in by default. I'm sure that will be priced similarly to Skyrim. I'd say it should be $150. It 'may' be less--due to the subscription--but I somehow doubt it. I highly doubt it will be any more than $150, though, so that's 'some' degree of peace of mind.

Anyone else slightly annoyed with the amount of noise the  Lightning Returns steelbook is getting in this thread? It doesn't qualify as a CE/LE/SE in any sense of the word. 

Anyone else slightly annoyed with the amount of noise the Lightning Returns steelbook is getting in this thread? It doesn't qualify as a CE/LE/SE in any sense of the word.
I think you are just getting woefully lost in semantics. It is literally a special edition of the game. There have also been many special/limited/collector's editions that come in a steelbook but they say the special/limited/collector's on them. Does the fact that the publisher left that wording off make this any different from one of those? Of course it doesn't. The regular game comes in a regular old case. This edition comes in a steelbook with some DLC. I mean, I don't see how it isn't a SE/LE/CE, really.

Speaking of that steel, my Target only had pre-order cards for the 360 version.  Some fucking bias going on at that shit store I swear.  Of course, they could solve these problems by having one damn pre-order card since they don't actually pull any of the games anyway. -_-

I think you are just getting woefully lost in semantics. It is literally a special edition of the game. There have also been many special/limited/collector's editions that come in a steelbook but they say the special/limited/collector's on them. Does the fact that the publisher left that wording off make this any different from one of those? Of course it doesn't. The regular game comes in a regular old case. This edition comes in a steelbook with some DLC. I mean, I don't see how it isn't a SE/LE/CE, really.
I personally don't think it's any different then a preorder bonus. It is literally the standard game, in a first print steelbook. I don't mind it being mentioned in the OP and occasionally discussed in the thread but literally 10-20% of the posts the past week are asking the most ridiculous questions in regards to where what when how.

I mean if it is anything like TR, and by all accounts it will be, you will not be able to get anything BUT the steelbook at Target for weeks.

We have threads for steelbook blu-rays, which again by all accounts aren't CE/LE/SE in the sense that the BB Complete Set or Walking Dead Limited Edition are/were so I don't understand why this is different.

I ordered Tales of smyphonia collectors edition, does amazon usually fuck these orders up?

because of what happened?
I don't think they'll outright cancel an order completely but just some advice if you (or anyone else) bought multiples on AZ to resell in a single or through multiple orders----it is possible that they will phantom edit your order and revise quantity to "1" or a lower number.

They got shorted allotment for ToX CE and FF XIV RR CE (PS3) and changed the order quantity on orders that exceed a certain amount.

I don't think they'll outright cancel an order completely but just some advice if you (or anyone else) bought multiples on AZ to resell in a single or through multiple orders----it is possible that they will phantom edit your order and revise quantity to "1" or a lower number.

They got shorted allotment for ToX CE and FF XIV RR CE (PS3) and changed the order quantity on orders that exceed a certain amount.
Yeah, I just got one lol,

Do you think they will be shooting up in price though right away?

Yeah, I just got one lol,

Do you think they will be shooting up in price though right away?
With most CE's the best return on your time and money is reselling prior to release or right after release.

Very few CE's are worth significantly more post release.

I only got one too and don't plan on reselling though.

Speaking of that steel, my Target only had pre-order cards for the 360 version. Some fucking bias going on at that shit store I swear. Of course, they could solve these problems by having one damn pre-order card since they don't actually pull any of the games anyway. -_-
Same thing happened to me.

Well, that Elder Scrolls CE has a steelbook and an artbook, so I'm in by default. I'm sure that will be priced similarly to Skyrim. I'd say it should be $150. It 'may' be less--due to the subscription--but I somehow doubt it. I highly doubt it will be any more than $150, though, so that's 'some' degree of peace of mind.
According to Kotaku, the CE is $99.99.

Where is everyone planning to get FF:LR? Is the steelbook version at Target worth it alone? I see amazon offering a Yuna outfit, I'm having trouble where to get the best value for this game.

I keep getting an error trying to add the elder scrolls imperial edition to my cart.. Might try my local GameStop but I despise giving money to them

I keep getting an error trying to add the elder scrolls imperial edition to my cart.. Might try my local GameStop but I despise giving money to them
i was able to checkout with a version of all 3. im not sure which platform i want to play it on yet so i got all 3 for now. i was getting the error as well but if you type it in the search and add to the cart from the item search page it goes through.

Where is everyone planning to get FF:LR? Is the steelbook version at Target worth it alone? I see amazon offering a Yuna outfit, I'm having trouble where to get the best value for this game.
I think if you like physical goodies or like steelbooks I would go for the Target edition. Personally I ordered the CE off the Square Enix store and will be picking up the steelbook from Target. SE already said that the Yuna outfit will be available to everyone down the line. I know it took them awhile to post the Omega DLC for XIII-2 so don't expect it immediately. If you prefer DLC outfits rather than a steelbook order it from Amazon or GameStop since they have specific outfits for preorder.

I seriously doubt there are many people who own either an xbox one or ps4 that don't already have the paid subscription to either. So it isn't much of a selling point. Definitely see the fanboys bringing it up though. Grasping at straws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back