Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Square Enix Site is so annoying been trying to place an order for Lightning Returns CE but it keeps saying my address is wrong on PayPal and denying it when I try to use my Credit card.
What the Heck?
I hate this.

Edit: Finally got it to go through and it took the money out of my checking account.
Is it normal to go to a blank screen and not a confirmation screen?
Do they send you info about your order to track or anything?

I have only dealt with them a few times like for 999 when it first came out and Ghost Trick.
This happened to me as well. I waited a day or so with no confirmation. So I re ordered and then saw the confirmation screen and received an email.

I have about $200 in Best Buy Credit and I can't decide if I should:

Pre-order Titanfall Collectors Edition

-or-

Continue to wait for a B2G1 sale for PS4 and XBox One games...

I'm GCU so it's either an Awesome CE for $200ish or 6 games for $200ish.
Depends on if you have six games already picked out for the next gen consoles. I currently own an Xbox One and I have all the games I want for now (Dead Rising 3, Forza, Ghosts and of course Titanfall when it releases). I don't have a PS4 yet but I don't know what games you would really "need" other than Killzone and Infamous Second Son when it releases.

I have GCU too and I preordered the Titanfall CE. I think it would be a really cool thing to display on a shelf or in a glass case. It's definitely on the higher end of spending but knocking off $50 was nice. I too also had GCs and reward zone certificates I used towards the purchase so I will be spending $150 out of pocket.

I'm sure plenty of people will disagree but I have no love for Cloud and think Lightning looks terrible in that outfit.
Not too big on Cloud myself as well ( I'm one of those weirdo's that loves FF8 lol), but I heard that this dress sphere was pretty useful for the game via Kotaku. I have it pre-ordered from Amazon and more than likely will be getting a Steelbook copy so I guess we will see if it's true in Feb :bouncy:

I'm sure plenty of people will disagree but I have no love for Cloud and think Lightning looks terrible in that outfit.
It takes all kinds. Two great tastes, taste great together.

Speaking of FF8, a Squall outfit and gunblade would be amazing too.

Not too big on Cloud myself as well ( I'm one of those weirdo's that loves FF8 lol), but I heard that this dress sphere was pretty useful for the game via Kotaku. I have it pre-ordered from Amazon and more than likely will be getting a Steelbook copy so I guess we will see if it's true in Feb :bouncy:
Blah, means they're probably going to force me to dress her that way. :boxing:

But it charged my credit card. If I order another will it charge again?
If you order another it will charge your credit card. Like many said I think this has to do with the browser you are using. I would wait and see if you get a confirmation. Maybe even check your spam folder?

I could give you the website to check your order status but you would need the order number. Don't know if you have that since you don't have your confirmation email...

OMG, such a hassle but I want this game. I got the Crystal version or FF13-2 and I shall have this one.

ArGHHHHHHH Square Enix.com

Now to just hope it gets here on time.

Waiting for word if anyone releases a Steelbook for the game.

I really do not want to import it,

I wish the FFX/X-2 Collector's Edition came with the actual soundtrack as well, I would have probably bought it. The visual soundtrack sounds nice, but owning the music on CD's sounds better to me.

It definitely won't get to you on time. I don't expect Square to ship it so it arrives on release date. In terms of steelbook, just get the Target one since the cover for the CE will have the European cover. What's the point of having a CE cover the same as a steelbook cover?

If you order another it will charge your credit card. Like many said I think this has to do with the browser you are using. I would wait and see if you get a confirmation. Maybe even check your spam folder?

I could give you the website to check your order status but you would need the order number. Don't know if you have that since you don't have your confirmation email...
Do you have the website to check your orders?

Any cheap filler items to get toward the 100$ free shipping? (Since its basically 10$). Was gonna order LR's CE, and if nothing else I might just grab XIII. (Or one of those Theatrhythm keychains)

That sticker that says "Only Available At Target" blah blah is just a sticker you can peel off right? It's not actually printed on the slipcover of the steelbook?

Any cheap filler items to get toward the 100$ free shipping? (Since its basically 10$). Was gonna order LR's CE, and if nothing else I might just grab XIII. (Or one of those Theatrhythm keychains)
I went with the keychain that you can plug into your phone headphone jack for 14.99. I mean the shipping was already $8 without so I figured whats 7 more bucks for something I can plug into my phone or tablet headphone jack to protect against dust.

As for the sticker on the case, I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually on the slip cover. Target does that for their blu-rays and its pretty annoying. The Tomb Raider steelbook had a slip cover and it didn't have a sticker on it. Maybe the sticker will be on the plastic covering and not the actual cardboard part.

May have missed this being posted already, but looks like SE is offering a little more incentive to pre-order the Lighting Returns CE:
http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/Content/pbPage.lrcesweepstakes

One Grand Prize Winner will receive:
• A Lighting Returns: Final Fantasy XIII One-of-a-kind custom console of your choice (PS3 or 360)
• A copy of FF13 and FF13-2 for the platform of your choice (PS3 or 360) to complete the trilogy
• A Lighting Returns: Final Fantasy XIII collared, button-down shirt
• A Lighting Returns: Final Fantasy XIII logo emblem keychain

13 Second Prize Winners will receive the shirt and keychain.

(Seems odd to me that there weren't 2 grand prize winners, 1 for PS3 and 1 for 360)

I want the CE for alar so bad and would have bought it if it was on Amazon. Those consoles are silly gaudy but man I would still fight someone for one.

Not holding my breath. I was in the word to your moogle contest to win the custom ps3 and our group (PAX) ended up losing to NYCC; was really frustrating.

I wish the FFX/X-2 Collector's Edition came with the actual soundtrack as well, I would have probably bought it. The visual soundtrack sounds nice, but owning the music on CD's sounds better to me.
Exactly what I was thinking! However, I just checked the site, and it seems to have been updated with more info on the soundtrack. It now indicates that it also has the full soundtrack and all 104 tracks can be obtained in mp3 format, so long as you have a blu ray drive on your pc. So it is not just the "visual soundtrack". Evidently the soundtrack being included in the collectors edition is the same one that can be bought separately for $59.99, which makes this $79.99 collectors edition a lot more attractive price wise.

I loved the sound track on this game, and this added detail that it is in fact the FULL sound track with mp3 tracks sold me. I don't seem to recall this detail on the sound track being on the site previously, but it was enough to get me to jump on this.

I bought the final fantasy 1 and final fantasy 2 full sound track for $23.99 to push my order of the FF X/X-2 HD over $100 for the free shipping.

I loved the sound track on this game, and this added detail that it is in fact the FULL sound track with mp3 tracks sold me. I don't seem to recall this detail on the sound track being on the site previously, but it was enough to get me to jump on this.
Not that I'm trying to squash your enthusiasm or anything, but keep in mind that a large chunk of the tracks in the HD remake are rearranged, and the new versions are almost all inferior to the originals. At first, I was really looking forward to hearing them, and then I did, and... ugh.

Just ordered Lightning Returns CE. Couldnt find crap worth ordering to hit that 100$ mark (I saw a few soundtracks, but nothing I was dying to have). So i just got a digital download of FFVIII for only 2$ more.

Exactly what I was thinking! However, I just checked the site, and it seems to have been updated with more info on the soundtrack. It now indicates that it also has the full soundtrack and all 104 tracks can be obtained in mp3 format, so long as you have a blu ray drive on your pc. So it is not just the "visual soundtrack". Evidently the soundtrack being included in the collectors edition is the same one that can be bought separately for $59.99, which makes this $79.99 collectors edition a lot more attractive price wise.

That's awesome news. You probably wouldn't even need a blu-ray drive on your PC either. I don't see why the PS3 couldn't browse to the disk & copy the MP3s to its hdd, then you could plug up a thumb drive or something, copy them to that & put them on your pc or wherever. Assuming they're just MP3s in a directory I don't see why that wouldn't work.

Not that I'm trying to squash your enthusiasm or anything, but keep in mind that a large chunk of the tracks in the HD remake are rearranged, and the new versions are almost all inferior to the originals. At first, I was really looking forward to hearing them, and then I did, and... ugh.
Really? Ok, yeah, that does bum me out a little bit. I'm still willing to give it a shot, though. Thanks for the heads up about them mostly being rearranged - I will have to temper my expectations a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back