Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Yup I locked in on this one for the ps3, xbox 360 and crystal edition. :D[/QUOTE]

Don't know if you bought it for the whole group, or I missed the cut. I'd appreciate a PM from you for everyone that got lucky or didn't get one, if you're shipping them out.

Theeeeeeeeere we go. Took that product buyer from Future long enough to secure that promo. Christ.

G2 instead of G1 for the FS version? I'm guessing the Amazon.de 360/PS3 versions are both G1 then?? Decisions decisions...

Maybe its time to look for a Canadian bro to hook me up :)

Hard to decide because the steelbook requires to buy actual game.

Yup, its G2 size only for FS version and the rest of Europe will be G1.

So FS wins!!!

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Theeeeeeeeere we go. Took that product buyer from Future long enough to secure that promo. Christ.

G2 instead of G1 for the FS version? I'm guessing the Amazon.de 360/PS3 versions are both G1 then?? Decisions decisions...

Maybe its time to look for a Canadian bro to hook me up :)[/QUOTE]Eh, the only way it'd work out for me is if someone would be willing to send me the steelbook for $20 or so, though I was comfortable spending $15 for the G1 case.

Hmm...is it worth $5 for a PS3 case that would go with my other games? The CAG in me screams "NO", and I don't think I'd really mind the G1 case standing out since it is Final Fantasy.

So I don't mind not getting this. :D

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Everyone but the US gets the Steelbook, even Canada? fuck.[/QUOTE]

If Canada gets the steel-book but we don't , we should cause a riot.

LOL...

So, is anyone interested in a copy of the Star Wars: Old Republic CE? I have on preordered, but don't really want it anymore. Would let it go for $250 shipped OBO. Doesn't have preorder code, but that can be picked up for $5 anywhere. PM me.

[quote name='dubleo']If Canada gets the steel-book but we don't , we should cause a riot.

LOL...[/QUOTE]

I'd be down to organize something. No online petitions, we're taking it to the streets.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Everyone but the US gets the Steelbook, even Canada? fuck.[/QUOTE]
Beat me to it lol. I'll stick with my DE order because DVD sized means larger artwork. Yeah, that's how I'll justify it. . .

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Damn... its just ended @ $144 for the empty case.[/QUOTE]

Wow...just wow. At that price, you can get 1.5 times a FFXIII-2 CE

[quote name='HakaHina']Wow...just wow. At that price, you can get 1.5 times a FFXIII-2 CE[/QUOTE]

I guess having it 7 weeks early meant that much to said person. :roll:

[quote name='"Kazaganthi"']
Originally Posted by Zaku77 View Post
3DS are indeed region locked. Steelbooks are shipping to UK only, you'll have to pay out the butt for one on ebay UK after it launches.
See this is what I don't get. Why are 3rd party people that have nothing to do with the games making all the money, why not sell to us directly. I'm so sick of us not getting Steelbooks/Limited Editions, and the ones we do get are over-hyped games that come with a 2 dollar statue that ups the price to $150, or lame DLC extras.
Steelbook, Artbook, and a Soundtrack and they have my extra $20-$40 on release. Instead I just wait until the game hits $15-30 for the normal version.[/quote]
I posted this in the UK CE thread, but I feel it needs to be said again. Zaku77 called it and the game isn't even "launched" yet; $144 for just the steelbook? And it's even been expanded to Canada since. This is insane. They could add it to our CE (Bestbuy/Amazon/Gamestop) and up the price from $80 to $100, and it would still sell. It may possibly sell even more due to the awesome steelbook. I mean if they originally had put it in our CE from the start.

Since my quote, the CE/LE did come out with an artbook and soundtrack, so I pre-ordered it for $80. We are just missing the steelbook over here now.

[quote name='awing']Haven't bought anything from gamestop for years.. will buy this: http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/atelier-totori-the-adventurer-of-arland-premium-pak/93233
using pick-up at store
is it 100% guaranteed they haven't opened this thing like they do on regular games?[/QUOTE]

It is not 100% guaranteed. Just the other day they had a Qoga "opened so they could put the normal size box on the shelf" but a Agarest Zero still sealed.

Darn, I was just about to suggest http://store.nisamerica.com/Sale/Atelier-Totori-PS3-Premium-Set, but it must have just raised $10 in price. I swear it was on sale last week. And it comes with a bonus double sided poster.

[quote name='Romeo']If its a large box, it'll be above the counter with a pound of dust or in the back. If its a smaller box then it most likely will be gutted.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

It looks like the same height as regular ps3 game cases but thicker. I guess I have to go in-store then and check it out.. wanted to buy online as I wanted to use some online coupons...

neptunia2_big_prem.jpg

Just got an email from NISA. They announced the Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 LE: Gamindustri Savior Set for a cool $64.99.

According to the email, "Oh glorious Friday, how us Prinnies love thee! We have great news for all you Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 fans, as the NISA Online Store exclusive Limited Edition set (you can't find this set anywhere else) info has been released!", indicating that it's only obtainable from the website.

Limited Edition Gamindustri Savior Set Includes:
• Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 Premium Box
- Full color, hardcover artbook
- Exclusive playing card deck
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 OST
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 game for PS3

Only difference from the premium edition of the first game is the inclusion of the OST.

http://store.nisamerica.com/Neptunia2-PS3-Limited-Premium-Box

Say what you will about the gameplay/story of the first game, but it was indeed popular enough to garner a sequel AND localization in the U.S.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Kingdoms of Amalur is getting some pretty nifty editions. Pretty limited too.[/QUOTE]

True, but the ones that come with anything really cool are EXTREMELY expensive. I guess that's what you get though, people complain about wanted LE's that are actually limited but they don't understand that generally the less they produce the more they're going to cost...

[quote name='JKSonic']True, but the ones that come with anything really cool are EXTREMELY expensive. I guess that's what you get though, people complain about wanted LE's that are actually limited but they don't understand that generally the less they produce the more they're going to cost...[/QUOTE]

I don't know... I thought the 80 dollar version was pretty darn cool... Granted, I still consider myself a table top gamer and I'm a sucker for Soundtracks.

Right now I pretty much sleep like a baby to the Space Marine sound track.

Amalur's CE is amazing for people who care about Todd's or R.A.'s autograph, but I think it'd suck if it Curt was the one to sign your copy >.<

If it was for another series, I'd pay the $200+ for it. But... not for Reckoning.

On another note... Pre-ordering Neptunia lol.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Amalur's CE is amazing for people who care about Todd's or R.A.'s autograph, but I think it'd suck if it Curt was the one to sign your copy >.<

If it was for another series, I'd pay the $200+ for it. But... not for Reckoning.

On another note... Pre-ordering Neptunia lol.[/QUOTE]

GF is currently going "How many do we have to buy to get an R.A. Salvatore signed statue?"

Edit: "Dammit, if they sold a Drizz't one, I'd pay $500."

I'm with Zxt on this one too, $80 for me. I just can't fathom spending ~$120 extra for a troll figure and a lithograph.

On the other hand, if the price of the more expensive editions do indeed scare people away from buying them and they fall down in price somewhere in the future, I may consider getting them.

EDIT: added Neptunia mk2 to OP. No idea how to change the title though

Thanks Hakahina, I also just added the KoA one. I think the $80 edition is just fine too, the other editions are a bit of a leap in price for what's included. They're all quite cool though

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Amalur's CE is amazing for people who care about Todd's or R.A.'s autograph, but I think it'd suck if it Curt was the one to sign your copy >.

[quote name='HakaHina']
neptunia2_big_prem.jpg

Just got an email from NISA. They announced the Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 LE: Gamindustri Savior Set for a cool $64.99.

According to the email, "Oh glorious Friday, how us Prinnies love thee! We have great news for all you Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 fans, as the NISA Online Store exclusive Limited Edition set (you can't find this set anywhere else) info has been released!", indicating that it's only obtainable from the website.

Limited Edition Gamindustri Savior Set Includes:
• Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 Premium Box
- Full color, hardcover artbook
- Exclusive playing card deck
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 OST
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 game for PS3

Only difference from the premium edition of the first game is the inclusion of the OST.

http://store.nisamerica.com/Neptunia2-PS3-Limited-Premium-Box

Say what you will about the gameplay/story of the first game, but it was indeed popular enough to garner a sequel AND localization in the U.S.[/QUOTE]

Well, Bloody Hell!
I have the original (and yes love it).
What makes the game so different that I should shelf my copy and get this one?

Went to order the Kingdoms of Amalur CE only to be hit by a 10 dollar shipping charge... This was for the 80 dollar version.

I think I'll be skipping it now...

[quote name='ShockandAww']Kingdoms of Amalur is getting some pretty nifty editions. Pretty limited too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm impressed at how limited the limited editions really are...only 300 of the Signature Edition (total across PC, PS3 and XBOX) and only 700 of the Collector's Edition (across all 3 platforms). Yes, they are pricey and not really a "deal" in any sense of the word, but I don't really think they are overpriced for what you are getting and the limited number they are creating. It's also nice to see them doing something special like this for their collector fans rather than the typical "limited by the number of people willing to buy the limited edition" approach used by almost every other company where you find the leftover units selling for 50% - 90% off (yes, I'm looking at you, Bioshock 2 Collectors Edition).

The $80 edition actually isn't a bad deal for a standard LE/CE. An art book would have been nice, but the map, dice and cards aren't too bad for $20 extra. And limiting the production to 2,000 units migtht also keep the resale value up if the game ends up being a success. I much prefer physical items in a CE than DLC items that become obsolete 2 hours into the game (and can't be resold).

For those complaining about the high shipping costs, they don't go up much if at all if you buy more than one item, so you can get them to be pretty reasonable if you can do a group buy with some friends.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Went to order the Kingdoms of Amalur CE only to be hit by a 10 dollar shipping charge... This was for the 80 dollar version.

I think I'll be skipping it now...[/QUOTE]

I believe they are also charging the full amount in advance as my card is showing a charge and not just a pending authorization.

[quote name='bojay1997']I believe they are also charging the full amount in advance as my card is showing a charge and not just a pending authorization.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I think you are right about them charging your card in advance. Not ideal, but I guess that's the stuff you have to deal with when buying from a smaller distributor (Treehouse Brand Stores).

I think this is somewhat of a special case, because while EA is distributing the game, I think these collectors editions are something the people behind the game are doing independently of EA (which is why they are only being sold through this one site and in such limited quantities). They wanted to do something unique and special...and truly limited...and this is the best they could do since they are really still just a small startup company putting out their first game.

[quote name='bojay1997']I believe they are also charging the full amount in advance as my card is showing a charge and not just a pending authorization.[/QUOTE]

That part doesn't bug me as much as it does others... Its nice just to have it paid off and not have to worry.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']For those complaining about the high shipping costs, they don't go up much if at all if you buy more than one item, so you can get them to be pretty reasonable if you can do a group buy with some friends.[/QUOTE]

You're not the first to suggest it... Sadly, I don't think this game is on any of my local friend's want list, let alone LE want list, so that's not really a possibility.

Lame, the only way to get the ps3 sized case is to order the game from futureshop? I don't even want the game, just the steelbook. I fully expect the game to suck like FF13 did and I'll just get it later when it's in the bargain bin. Yes, I say that despite the 40/40 score.

Oh well, guess I'll just leave my amazon.de order and live with a dvd case. It'll look nice on my shelf, despite me not liking Lightning...

[quote name='WonkyToad']Well, Bloody Hell!
I have the original (and yes love it).
What makes the game so different that I should shelf my copy and get this one?[/QUOTE]

this is the sequel

This is kind of random, and it's probably just me, but every time I look at that Max Payne 3 statue, I get reminded of that Leo strut meme.. The two compliment each other a little too well :D

mpleo.jpg

wow, not really impressed with the CE/SE for kingdoms of amalur: the reckoning :/

sucks because i'd totally be willing to pick one up day one if it was impressive

Hmm...kinda interested in Kingdom of Amulur, but I see the signature edition sold out. I'm on the fence on this game? Is the CE collection worth it? Was this game hyped or given good billing by IGN, Gamespot and other gaming websites? Hate to just buy a CE for collecting if the game is sub-par.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back