Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
******Possible minor spoilers, just a chocobo song of FFXIII-2******

FFXIII-2 pre-order cancelled...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEUOOgNzOv4

Its funny cause its true :(

Ks8bk.jpg

Edit: This chocobo song is real...but it sounds like its just a special funny one you can unlock, not the main chocobo theme. Pre-order is safe for now. But if this was the main chocobo theme you hear while traversing the world map, i would seriously be cancelling my pre-order.

Double Edit: Guess FFXIII-2 is getting stellar reviews in japan. 40/40 famitsu and the highest rating possible from many other sources. And unlike this comic suggests, bribery probably wasn't involved. Guess I'll just mute the game when the "suck my chocobo" song comes on.

[quote name='NolbertoS']Hmm...kinda interested in Kingdom of Amulur, but I see the signature edition sold out. I'm on the fence on this game? Is the CE collection worth it? Was this game hyped or given good billing by IGN, Gamespot and other gaming websites? Hate to just buy a CE for collecting if the game is sub-par.[/QUOTE]

"Worth it" depends on the individual and what they are looking for. For "just a game", they are VERY expensive, but I think the premium price is justified based on the VERY limited production run (only 300 Signature Editions and 700 Collector's Editions....totals across all platforms). For collector's of games and collectors of figures and artwork, those numbers are pretty significant, especially considering the people behind the game.

It's a new IP and it may or may not be a success. If it's not a success, I think these bundles will still retain their value simply because of the limited quantities. If the game is a success along the follow-up MMO they are working on now, then these bundles will be true treasures.

Will the game be a success? Well, they've certainly done everything they can to set it up for success with a team of top-tier talent creating the artwork and the story of the universe the game is based on. They also have some top-tier talent that was behind some of the most popular RPG games in the past. While none of those things ensure success, it's better than having a studio like Cryptic/Atari in charge of the game (as happened to Star Trek Online).

Reading their forums, it sounds like the first priority for the team developing the game is to create the best game possible. They've got a big vision that includes merchandising and supporting content beyond the games (books, etc.), but they realize that first and foremost, success requires putting out great games in order for everything else to work out.

I've been repeatedly impressed with the integrity and attitude of the people behind the game and am really hoping they succeed.

[quote name='vaxick']I'll shall pre-order Neptunia, the first one is worth a pretty penny now.[/QUOTE]

That must be a big shinny penny, on eBay, Neptunia is still in the $100 range... You're talking about the standard version? This the CE thread, don't forget that :)

http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Hyperdimens...3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A5551&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I already pre-ordered my copy as soon as I got the e-mail. I still have the deck of cards from the first one, I wonder how much it worth...

[quote name='Serpentor']That must be a big shinny penny, on eBay, Neptunia is still in the $100 range... You're talking about the standard version? This the CE thread, don't forget that :)

http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Hyperdimens...3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A5551&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I already pre-ordered my copy as soon as I got the e-mail. I still have the deck of cards from the first one, I wonder how much it worth...[/QUOTE]

I sold them with my still sealed copy of the game and I tripled my money. :D

If the KoA pre-order for the SE ($80 one) is still available after New Year, I might get a copy. I hate to prepaid for stuff. Question, why Curt Schilling is on the list? Is he a baseball player? I don't get the connection... Signature Edition is SOLD OUT by the way.

[quote name='Serpentor']If the KoA pre-order for the SE ($80 one) is still available after New Year, I might get a copy. I hate to prepaid for stuff. Question, why Curt Schilling is on the list? Is he a baseball player? I don't get the connection... Signature Edition is SOLD OUT by the way.[/QUOTE]

He started 38 Studios, which is co-developing the game with another company Big Huge Games.

Wiki Link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/38_Studios

[quote name='Serpentor']If the KoA pre-order for the SE ($80 one) is still available after New Year, I might get a copy. I hate to prepaid for stuff. Question, why Curt Schilling is on the list? Is he a baseball player? I don't get the connection... Signature Edition is SOLD OUT by the way.[/QUOTE]

The other part of the connection is that when he was playing baseball, he was already married with kids, so instead of going out and partying he was hanging out in his hotel room playing MMOs and RPGs. He was a very active and long-time gamer, so when he retired from baseball he decided to start up a game company to build the kind of game he always wanted to play. He attracted top talent like Todd McFarlane, R.A. Salvatore and Ken Rolston. The universe already has something like a 20,000 history written by RA that the game developers are able to use to add depth to the game story and use as the basis for a long-term IP. Curt is very involved in the development of the game and is surprisingly active in the forums.

Ninja Gaiden 3 is getting a CE. And just like with Sigma 1 & 2's CEs it is exclusive to gamestop.

http://kotaku.com/5868373/ninja-gai...2012-pre+order-and-collectors-edition-details

I haven't seen any pictures yet on the internet but it includes:

• Access to the DOA5 demo with: Hitomi, Ryu, Ayane, Hayate.
  • Regular orders have retailer specific demo access with a pre-order. GS (Hitomi & Ryu), Amazon (Ayane & Hayate)
  • Artbook
  • Soundtrack
  • "Duel of The Masked" Figure that is "not available anywhere"
EDIT: $99.99 price point too. Not listed on gamestop's website yet. If I go to mine today or at the latest tomorrow (for the B1G2 music game sale), I will ask them to check their computer.

Thanks for the info on Curt guys, wow a baseball player who is an avid gamer. Kudos to MMOs on the road games rather than partying, respect... Now I see why you guys/gals prefer Curt's signature than the other two :lol: (I'm familiar with the other two). For $275, it's very sad that you only get one of the signatures and you don't even know which one :shock:

[quote name='ssjmichael']Is it wrong that I don't want to support the game because Schilling was a Red Sox and I'm a Yanks fan? Well that, and his outspoken political views[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link....after reading his comments I think I'll buy an extra copy now :lol:

[quote name='ssjmichael']Is it wrong that I don't want to support the game because Schilling was a Red Sox and I'm a Yanks fan? Well that, and his outspoken political views[/QUOTE]

That's funny. I've had a similar issue with this same game. I knew someone that worked at Big Huge Games, and he was one of the worst people I've ever had the displeasure of knowing. Then I remind myself that he was only there for a short time many years ago. He did virtually nothing while he was there, and definitely has nothing to do with this game now. But even that slight association is sadly enough to make me want the game to be bad, so I'm not tempted to pick it up. I would rather not see the Big Huge Games logo every time I start the game and remember the sick shit he did.

Nah, guess i still would want the game to be good. For the sake of other RPG fans. But I am not buying it. fucker...

It's pretty hard to start drawing lines at the views of creators/actors/musicians. Most of the bands that I look up to musically have VASTLY different views than me. Tom Hanks is a fantastic actor, but is outspokenly anti-America, which is ironic. Enjoy the product, and don't get too hung up on who put it out. That's how I look at things at least.

On a side note though, I think I need to buy a few copies of this game specifically because of his views. Cheers for the link.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']$80 edition for me. The other two are just a bit too steep for me.[/QUOTE]

It's funny, two years ago when I was making a lot less money, I would buy those super limited edtions like the Dead Space limited edition and such. Two years later when I am make four times what I was making before I just cannot see myself paying for that Collector's edition.

I thought about the $275 version, but that's a big gamble if the game isn't amazing. Impressions seem to be good so far, but I don't need the $$$ that bad.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Ninja Gaiden 3 is getting a CE. And just like with Sigma 1 & 2's CEs it is exclusive to gamestop.

http://kotaku.com/5868373/ninja-gai...2012-pre+order-and-collectors-edition-details

I haven't seen any pictures yet on the internet but it includes:

• Access to the DOA5 demo with: Hitomi, Ryu, Ayane, Hayate.
  • Regular orders have retailer specific demo access with a pre-order. GS (Hitomi & Ryu), Amazon (Ayane & Hayate)
  • Artbook
  • Soundtrack
  • "Duel of The Masked" Figure that is "not available anywhere"
EDIT: $99.99 price point too. Not listed on gamestop's website yet. If I go to mine today or at the latest tomorrow (for the B1G2 music game sale), I will ask them to check their computer.[/QUOTE]

Just an update. Not available for pre-order yet. I had my GS check today when I went and I just checked the website and it still is not listed. When I see something I will let you all know :D

oh please, with 95% of hollywoods politics dead set on insulting half of this country for no good reason, Schilling is a breath of fresh air

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Just an update. Not available for pre-order yet. I had my GS check today when I went and I just checked the website and it still is not listed. When I see something I will let you all know :D[/QUOTE]

Still not on the website. Wonder what's going on?

Anyone know if the XIII-2 CE is worth it, or if it will be really limited and get scooped up fast? I'd rather not pay $80 for it if I don't have to if it isn't popular and I can get it cheapear later down the road.

Kinda funny reading the comments on here about Schilling. I remember one time Yahtzee insulted Bush/Cheney in one of his reviews and a ton of butthurt Republicans were crying about it.

No reason to boycott something unless it isn't a good product IMO. I don't care for Downey Jr.'s politics but I think he's a great actor and still go out to seee his movies.

[quote name='IRHari']Anyone know if the XIII-2 CE is worth it, or if it will be really limited and get scooped up fast? I'd rather not pay $80 for it if I don't have to if it isn't popular and I can get it cheapear later down the road.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, but I'm glad it's $80 MSRP not $150 like Skyrim. I would have gone for the Skyrim CE, but I have zero interest in a $50 statue. So in that way, I think the FFXIII-2 CE is more worth it.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Thanks for the link....after reading his comments I think I'll buy an extra copy now :lol:[/QUOTE]

No kidding, I am in for five copies after reading that. :D

JRPG CEs that are only available from the Publisher's website: guaranteed to either maintain or increase in value.

Western CEs with huge statues and games that are million sellers: probably gonna go down in value. (Uncharted 2 being the exception so far)

Not sure about Japanese Fighting games.. some are well known.. but some are not. Not sure if Tekken CE or Soul Calibur V CE are going to be all that special. I'll see if they ever go on sale.

[quote name='bojay1997']Looks like the new BlazBlue is getting a $60 ($20 more than the standard) "limited" edition:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/blazblue-continuum-shift-extend-limited-edition/98819

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/blazblue-continuum-shift-extend-limited-edition/98818

Still no listing for the GS exclusive Ninja Gaiden 3 CE. They even have the release date wrong on the standard edition as it was pushed to March months ago.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. From the looks of other sites talking about it, 40 pg art book, cd soundtrack, and 2012 calendar. I am still waiting for Ninja Gaiden CE to be listed. I don't want to buy it from them, but I believe they are the only ones that are selling the Ninja Gaiden CE.

[quote name='lupe guillotine']Thanks for that. From the looks of other sites talking about it, 40 pg art book, cd soundtrack, and 2012 calendar. I am still waiting for Ninja Gaiden CE to be listed. I don't want to buy it from them, but I believe they are the only ones that are selling the Ninja Gaiden CE.[/QUOTE]They are.

All the CEs for NG have been GS exclusives.

there's nothing inherently awesome about the XIII-2 CE, so I don't think it will go up even if it becomes very limited. the soundtrack and packaging are just a great deal for $20 more, plain and simple.

but it's no steel case, and the artbook looks like a pamphlet of CGI renders. the other crystal edition steel case is already going for a lot though.

[quote name='shrike4242']They are.

All the CEs for NG have been GS exclusives.[/QUOTE]

Okay thanks for that. I guess I'll just wait for the Ninja Gaiden III CE to pop up in the near future. :whistle2:#

Just pre-ordered my Soul Calibur 5 CE and my FF13-2 CE's instore today. (SC5 at Best Buy and FF13-2 at Gamestop)

Not sure if i want to get BlazBlue Extend CE or not

I added BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND LE (PS3/360) to the OP. It is only missing a picture for completion. I was not sure how to add the picture without messing up everything so I left it alone. However, an official picture linking from Aksys Games has been provided. Please feel feel to add it if you know how to do it.

I found out BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND LE (PS3/360) from here.

ooo nice, this thread was going all tumbleweed for a while. Thanks for the heads-up Z. Agreed on the cover-art too, looks badass

Also: Thanks Trueblade for adding the Blazblue LE, I'll add the pic. To add pics, I usually resize them to around 500/600 width and then upload them to imageshack (any photo upload site will do). Copy the image URL and then just click CAG's image icon:
insertimage.gif
and paste the image URL

[quote name='shrike4242']Since the PS3 versions of NG have been better than the Xbox / Xbox 360 versions, I'm thinking that PS3 would be the way to go with NG3.[/QUOTE]

Well for the NG2 it was released a year later on PS3. This time they are releasing them at the same time so there should not be much of a difference. However PS3 does have Move support. The best version will be the Wii U version which is coming on Wii U launch

[quote name='Booj']There's never gonna be a Sigma 3... First World problems.[/QUOTE]

I'm betting they'll still make a Sigma version down the line with updates, extra characters, etc.. Just this time, it'll be for both consoles since there's no exclusivity this time (thanks to that xbot Itagaki not being there).

[quote name='ssjmichael']I'm betting they'll still make a Sigma version down the line with updates, extra characters, etc.. Just this time, it'll be for both consoles since there's no exclusivity this time (thanks to that xbot Itagaki not being there).[/QUOTE]

I am betting Razor's Edge will be the Sigma version

Edited the Where to buy for Ninja Gaiden III. It is a GS exclusive. That way we don't have people constantly asking where to buy it.

It is still not listed online or in the computer. I checked earlier today during my lunch break and it still was not in the system.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Just pre-ordered my Soul Calibur 5 CE and my FF13-2 CE's instore today. (SC5 at Best Buy and FF13-2 at Gamestop)

Not sure if i want to get BlazBlue Extend CE or not

[quote name='DarkonJohn']The other part of the connection is that when he was playing baseball, he was already married with kids, so instead of going out and partying he was hanging out in his hotel room playing MMOs and RPGs. He was a very active and long-time gamer, so when he retired from baseball he decided to start up a game company to build the kind of game he always wanted to play. He attracted top talent like Todd McFarlane, R.A. Salvatore and Ken Rolston. The universe already has something like a 20,000 history written by RA that the game developers are able to use to add depth to the game story and use as the basis for a long-term IP. Curt is very involved in the development of the game and is surprisingly active in the forums.[/QUOTE]

i wouldn't mind picking this up but i'm not paying a penny extra for someone's signature , as far as the toy goes, it looks cool but not any cooler than the mcfarlane toys i see at toys r us...

Damn. LE are getting awesome..

Definitely getting NG3 and ME3.. would love to get FF13-2, Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 and SC5, but I'm at my limit already..

[quote name='Xenogears']******Possible minor spoilers, just a chocobo song of FFXIII-2******[/QUOTE]

Somebody definitely lost their mind. JRPG fans don't like such music( in general).... but not only that , it sounds horrible.

I managed to hold off KoA Special Edition (the other ones are way too expensive). I guess I'll be holding off a lot of CEs and LEs... I really love them, but the hobby is taking a toll on personal finance. NG3 CE is pretty sweet, but $100?!?!

[quote name='Serpentor']I managed to hold off KoA Special Edition (the other ones are way too expensive). I guess I'll be holding off a lot of CEs and LEs... I really love them, but the hobby is taking a toll on personal finance. NG3 CE is pretty sweet, but $100?!?![/QUOTE]

Im still on the fence myself. This reminds me of the other new IP from EA, Dead Space, and their exclusive collectors edition that went sky high. Im wondering if this might do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back