Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I do wish Diablo III CE could have a reprint...I need a copy to keep sealed. Originally had one extra to keep sealed but my Korean co-worker missed out and was going to go crazy...

Hmm how much the resale value for Max Payne 3: Special Edition for PC? Since I pre-ordered this way back in November of 2011. Now I couldn't find one anymore at that price. Do you think it has higher resale value than PS3 or Xbox 360?

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Hmm how much the resale value for Max Payne 3: Special Edition for PC? Since I pre-ordered this way back in November of 2011. Now I couldn't find one anymore at that price. Do you think it has higher resale value than PS3 or Xbox 360?[/QUOTE]

It is already selling for more than PS3 or Xbox 360 version so yes it will have higher resale value.

:ps3:Resident Evil 6 Anthology $89.99
-contains Resident Evil 6, plus Resident Evil Director's Cut, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, Resident Evil 4 HD and Resident Evil 5's Gold Edition, which includes all of that game's DLC.

:360:Resident Evil 6 Archives $89.99
- includes Resident Evil 6, plus Resident Evil 4 HD, Code Veronica HD, Resident Evil 5's Gold Edition and straight-to-DVD CGI film Resident Evil Degeneration.

[quote name='Ionotropic']Aliens Colonial Marines CE is now available for pre-order on Amazon $99.99 MSRP

No bitching allowed if it goes out-of-stock for pre-order and you didn't pre-order it!
:D

http://www.amazon.com/Colonial-Marines-Collectors-Edition-Xbox-360/dp/B007P0X7IA/

http://www.amazon.com/Colonial-Marines-Collectors-Edition-Playstation-3/dp/B007P0X6CM/[/QUOTE]Guess I know what I'm doing.....

[quote name='Ionotropic']BTW, what the fuck is this game I've never seen or heard of before?

http://www.amazon.com/Damage-Pacific-Squadron-WWII-Xbox-360/dp/B0085VIILY/

[/QUOTE]There's a PS3 version of the CE as well, both of them at $89.99 each.

This looks like the Ace Combat 6 bundle from back in the day, with the flight stick. Which makes me wonder if my existing flight stick will work with this game....

Said Ace Combat bundles were semi-rare though they did appear briefly at Best Buy at a reduced price from their original price of $150.

[quote name='Bosamba']:ps3:Resident Evil 6 Anthology $89.99
-contains Resident Evil 6, plus Resident Evil Director's Cut, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, Resident Evil 4 HD and Resident Evil 5's Gold Edition, which includes all of that game's DLC.

:360:Resident Evil 6 Archives $89.99
- includes Resident Evil 6, plus Resident Evil 4 HD, Code Veronica HD, Resident Evil 5's Gold Edition and straight-to-DVD CGI film Resident Evil Degeneration.[/QUOTE]Interesting how you get the film version of RE: Degeneration on Xbox 360 and you get RE2 + RE3 on the PS3 version.

Makes me wonder which one will be better, as I think that RE5 was better on 360 though PS3 had Move support on the Gold version.

[quote name='Jodou']For that price, they should have included the games on a physical disc.[/QUOTE]Agreed. No reason why RE4 HD + RE: CV HD wouldn't fit on a single 360 disc or RE4 HD + RE: CV HD + RE2 + RE3 on a single PS3 disc or have it all fit on a single BD disc with RE6.

I think these are editions that may end up dropping in price. It's basically the game with DLC codes. No way should these games not be on discs. RE, RE2, and RE3 are all 10-15 years old. Even RE4 is getting pretty old. The Gold Edition of RE5 is cool, but $30 extra for all of that, NOT in physical form, seems like a rip-off to me.

The person who this is aimed at is an RE fanatic, and has probably bought all of the above games MULTIPLE times on multiple consoles, and played/beaten them far more than that. The least they could do is create an actual anthology with physical discs. I mean, we are talking DVDs for RE, RE2, RE3, and RE4 - cents on the dollar.

[quote name='WingsDJY']I wonder why the PS3 and Xbox versions are different. Content-wise, the PS3 looks superior, but sadly I only have an Xbox.[/QUOTE]

It works out pretty well for me.

I already own all the digital REs on PSN between sales and PS+. I also grabbed the PS3 Gold Edition of RE5 through some sale many moons ago.

With the 360 release I'll get 3 games that I don't have on 360 yet, plus the movie, plus the new game.

Still, if they had reprinted PSOne discs for the PS3 bundle, nostalgia would've forced my hand.

I updated the OP with Aliens Colonial Marines CE and Damage Inc CE. Also, I resorted everything into chronological order. I'm holding off on the RE6 ones until there are images.

Missing CEs:
- Halo 4 LE
- Street Fighter 25th Anniversary
- Risen 2: Dark Waters SE

Any others? I'm going to add these to the OP with the Amazon links.

Edit: Nevermind on the Risen 2 one. It's a free preorder upgrade, so I don't think it fits in this thread.

Edit 2: Added Halo 4, SF 25th, ACIII Ubiworkshop, Agarest War 2, and KH 3DS. Going through old posts to see if there are others that were missed.

[quote name='MSUHitman']The SF 25th Anniversary Edition is also available in-store & online via GS.[/QUOTE]

Was going to be lazy and omit GS links, but added them anyway.

Does anyone think that the Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland Limited Edition: Grand Finale Set might pop back in stock?

Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Editon pre-order is sold out seemingly everywhere, what is the probable price range going to be on Ebay? Are we looking at $200 ala Diablo 3?? Or even $250? Given the actual MSRP is $150 i think thats what were looking at unfortunately for those of us who didnt get a chance to preorder :(

[quote name='cag1000']Does anyone think that the Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland Limited Edition: Grand Finale Set might pop back in stock?[/QUOTE]Based on past NISA Store exclusives (e.g., Hyperdimension Neptunia 2 Gamindustri Savior Set, not the Atelier Rorona and Totori premium editions), I'm going to have to say "no".

they posted on facebook that they are talking to distributers about increasing the amount of the Ultimate Loot Chests they create so they should have another round of them.

[quote name='billymayshere']they posted on facebook that they are talking to distributers about increasing the amount of the Ultimate Loot Chests they create so they should have another round of them.[/QUOTE]

Looks like I'll be waiting for that second round. So much for being rare.

[quote name='rieper']Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Editon pre-order is sold out seemingly everywhere, what is the probable price range going to be on Ebay? Are we looking at $200 ala Diablo 3?? Or even $250? Given the actual MSRP is $150 i think thats what were looking at unfortunately for those of us who didnt get a chance to preorder :([/QUOTE]

Most likely because retailers have not been notified of how much stock they will get of the item and thus they listed with lower estimates to take initial demand.

[quote name='billymayshere']they posted on facebook that they are talking to distributers about increasing the amount of the Ultimate Loot Chests they create so they should have another round of them.[/QUOTE]Good to hear that they're at least looking at making another round of it.

I guess all the "WTF, it's already sold out?" posts all over the Internet prodded them to at least think about it.

[quote name='shrike4242']Good to hear that they're at least looking at making another round of it.

I guess all the "WTF, it's already sold out?" posts all over the Internet prodded them to at least think about it.[/QUOTE]

Gearbox is one of my favorite game makers, I am a big fan of their games.

I preordered Duke Nukem Balls of Steel before it sold out. When it did, WOW, did everyone freak out. Duke Nukem is a legendary gaming icon, so demand was HUGE.
They made more later, not sure how much later but it took awhile.

Posted on their forums requesting more loot chests, I missed out preordering this time since I didnt notice it was available yet.

[quote name='BridgetFisher']Gearbox is one of my favorite game makers, I am a big fan of their games.

I preordered Duke Nukem Balls of Steel before it sold out. When it did, WOW, did everyone freak out. Duke Nukem is a legendary gaming icon, so demand was HUGE.

Posted on their forums requesting more loot chests, I missed out preordering this time since I didnt notice it was available yet.[/QUOTE]With the Balls Of Steel edition currently selling in the $15 - $20 range, I don't think we'll get the same level of final pricing after release than we will with the ULCE edition of Borderlands 2.

Slight difference in quality with Duke Nukem Forever and Borderlands 2, or just about any other game.

Do you guys think they will get more Darksides 2 Collector's Editions since Amazon and Bestbuy are sold out?

[quote name='Darvan']Do you guys think they will get more Darksides 2 Collector's Editions since Amazon and Bestbuy are sold out?[/QUOTE]With the money issues that THQ has been flirting with of recent, I would think not.

[quote name='Darvan']Do you guys think they will get more Darksides 2 Collector's Editions since Amazon and Bestbuy are sold out?[/QUOTE]
I'd say yes. It's one of those fake sold out type of deals (and it's still available at Walmart.com anyway afaik)

As for Borderlands, you can't really win...either they don't make more and all the "fans" are outraged, or they do make more and nobody wants it because it isn't actually limited.

[quote name='billymayshere']they posted on facebook that they are talking to distributers about increasing the amount of the Ultimate Loot Chests they create so they should have another round of them.[/QUOTE]

What a shame. They see big dollar signs so they want to make more of them, which will of course kill any potential value these sets might have had. I ordered 2 sets, one to keep unopened and sell at a later date and one to open so I can make a mold of the chest. If Gearbox does release a 2nd round of chests, I will definitely be cancelling my 2nd set. Actually, depending on how many more they release, I might actually cancel both of them and try and get one on the clearance rack later on. If they flood the market with these you can be assured to see some on clearance soon enough. Again, such a shame. Greed ruins everything.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon'] which will of course kill any potential value these sets might have had. I ordered 2 sets, one to keep unopened and sell at a later date and one to open so I can make a mold of the chest. [/QUOTE]

You bought them for resale as an investment? That is what the stock market is for these are toys.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']What a shame. They see big dollar signs so they want to make more of them, which will of course kill any potential value these sets might have had. I ordered 2 sets, one to keep unopened and sell at a later date and one to open so I can make a mold of the chest. If Gearbox does release a 2nd round of chests, I will definitely be cancelling my 2nd set. Actually, depending on how many more they release, I might actually cancel both of them and try and get one on the clearance rack later on. If they flood the market with these you can be assured to see some on clearance soon enough. Again, such a shame. Greed ruins everything.[/QUOTE]

You bought 2 online of something limited so that you could resell one for profit, and you are calling greed... So this dude probably works for Fannie Mae don't listen to him.

My big gripe is with Ubisoft, that meathead CEO is all smiling every year on E3 then screws us all by only releasing collectors editions in random countries. We are currently being skipped for far cry 3, assassins creed 3 & the new Tom Clancy game this year alone.

[quote name='BridgetFisher']You bought them for resale as an investment? That is what the stock market is for these are toys.[/QUOTE]

imagine someone comes up with a concept for investing in video game pre-orders... lol

Cheap Ass Gamer Capital
requirements for applicants:
high school degree,
2.0 gpa minimum

[quote name='BridgetFisher']You bought them for resale as an investment? That is what the stock market is for these are toys.[/QUOTE]

At least kids can tell their parents that these aren't just video games. they're also learning about investing.

A GoW Ascension CE has already been announced: steelbook and Kratos statue and a bunch of DLC BS.
http://collectorsedition.org/10709/god-of-war-ascension-collectors-edition-announced

Surprisingly, it's only $80.

[quote name='BridgetFisher']Gearbox is one of my favorite game makers, I am a big fan of their games.

Posted on their forums requesting more loot chests, I missed out preordering this time since I didnt notice it was available yet.[/QUOTE]

Part of me hopes they make more so I can pick it up for $30 down the line.:lol:

[quote name='Darvan']Do you guys think they will get more Darksides 2 Collector's Editions since Amazon and Bestbuy are sold out?[/QUOTE]

u can still get it at walmart

I really hope Sears doesn't cancel that funky $69.99 pre-order for Darksiders. I didn't thin the pre-orders would close for this. Maybe THQ are trying to be extra careful with not making too many spendy items that no one wants :3

My sears preorder for darksiders had its money refunded by the way. Anyways, I do hope that borderlands comes back in stock. Actually, it would be great if they over produce now so we can get that chest for

[quote name='Brenex']My sears preorder for darksiders had its money refunded by the way. Anyways, I do hope that borderlands comes back in stock. Actually, it would be great if they over produce now so we can get that chest for

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back