Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to get it to ship to the US. My guess is it’s out of stock by the time you get to checkout. I was having the same issue until this morning.
Yeah, that's possible. It went OOS during my many attempts.

When I got mine over the weekend from Amazon it, my first attempt also gave me a error saying it won't ship to the U.S., but I decided to try again and it went through.
Believe me, I kept trying :lol:

Just got n email from amazon.jp about the UK Astral Chain CE set being cancelled
Yeah same, Amazon.co.jp cancelled both my UK Astral Chain CE & UK Fire Emblem Three Houses LE.
Same on Astral Chain, luckily that's not the only place I managed to get it, so still good so far

Fire emblem Ce was available for so long, people in here were even bothered by how long it was available lol
lol yea I remember that. I actually have one preordered, just wanting opinions before I purchase a possible overproduced and clearanced item

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fire emblem Ce was available for so long, people in here were even bothered by how long it was available lol
To be fair, it was only available for a long time at Gamestop, not any of the other retailers. Also it seems like alot of people were skeptical of the new fire emblem at first, until the stuff that was revealed at E3, then there was a frenzy preordering the game. So that probably also played a role. People held back on preordering it early.

fuck! DxM WAS up on DE and I forgot to check this morning

Edit: twitter feed and other boards are quiet, perhaps they are not up yet?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Anyone want the US Fire Emblem CE? I have spare pre-ordered from Amazon and I don't need so many. Was going to cancel but happy to ship it to someone else (i.e. update shipping address and use a gift card from you or something along those lines).

Dark Souls Compendium book, which was already pushed back several times and slated for July 15th only to be pushed back again, now has given me an expected release date of September-October.

meh dont fal for their bulls*** lsat time i order game from them it was open box and disk was scratched up... wen i returne it they taked it back and gave full refund but they act like i was lier and did it myself... lucky they return it becus my dad is lawyer and i would have sued the s*** out of htem. leson lern dont order from gs.com
Ah, I missed IATCG

Not that anyone here probably cares, but looks like FF VII remake uber expensive first class edition actually sold out over a week ago.

Not that anyone here probably cares, but looks like FF VII remake uber expensive first class edition actually sold out over a week ago.
AKA the Deluxe Edition with a separate ~$250 figure.

In seriousness though, I'm kinda surprised, It didn't seem like a great value, even for a fanbase as delirious as FF7's.

I don’t know if anyone here is into CoD, but the GS exclusive limited edition with Steelbook, thumbsticks, etc. sold out last week also.

AKA the Deluxe Edition with a separate ~$250 figure.

In seriousness though, I'm kinda surprised, It didn't seem like a great value, even for a fanbase as delirious as FF7's.
Maybe it's not a real sell out and they're just saying it sold out to hype up interest? I can't be the only one but these days, I feel like a lot of manufacturers (and maybe retailers) play games with supply to drive up demand... probably do things like tell retailers only a portion of the actual stock will be available to them at launch (and later say, "oh cuz everyone wants it so we made more so here you go!!") or show them as sold out on their own website and add a nice "add me to wait list" button and slowly release a few copies here and there over time.

Maybe it's not a real sell out and they're just saying it sold out to hype up interest? I can't be the only one but these days, I feel like a lot of manufacturers (and maybe retailers) play games with supply to drive up demand... probably do things like tell retailers only a portion of the actual stock will be available to them at launch (and later say, "oh cuz everyone wants it so we made more so here you go!!") or show them as sold out on their own website and add a nice "add me to wait list" button and slowly release a few copies here and there over time.
Isn't it a little early to pull this shit though? We're still 8+ Months from release. I know the Kingdom Hearts III one sold out at one point too, but that wasn't until December and the game released in January. It was available for preorder from e3 until December. SE store also did not pull this shit with DQ XI CE (available all the way till two days before release. And the most recent FF CE (FF XIV Shadowbringers), did actually sell out in less than two days and never came back.

Totally agree.

I don't think that thing sold for shit. Either that, or they made very few.

I don’t know if anyone here is into CoD, but the GS exclusive limited edition with Steelbook, thumbsticks, etc. sold out last week also.
The leaked collector GS dropped early still has yet to go live also, am guessing might go live on Aug 1st after their big reveal

Oh crazy, I was looking at my order yesterday morning and it was still up. Guess I'm locked into my shipping option now, if I even decide to still keep it.

Isn't it a little early to pull this shit though? We're still 8+ Months from release. I know the Kingdom Hearts III one sold out at one point too, but that wasn't until December and the game released in January. It was available for preorder from e3 until December. SE store also did not pull this shit with DQ XI CE (available all the way till two days before release. And the most recent FF CE (FF XIV Shadowbringers), did actually sell out in less than two days and never came back.
My thought is that they see how things are going before they decide whether or not to pull some supply manipulation. Stuff like KHIII and DQ XI probably sold at a pace wherein preorders sold at a rate where they would sell out around launch or a trivial amount would stick around after launch so they didn't bother doing anything. Same with Shadowbringers, they sold out quick so they won't need to worry about stagnant inventory (but I'm sure people will ask "well if it sold out so quick why not make more?" and my response would be because if they did that, the sense of rarity will be gone from that item AND anything else SE might produce in the near future).

With FF7R... I'm guessing they saw an initial boom in pre-orders and then it flat-lined and then started to get a lot of cancellations due to all the questions of it being over priced, not a real CE (it's a soft CE or whatever people call it when it's not all in one box and just two items combined as one set), with the changes they're making from the original, and mostly importantly with it being episodic there's no way all the games will only release on this gen consoles so who knows if they won't try to milk the first episode (and any other episodes that release on the current gen) even more by re-releasing it on PS5/Scarlet.

I know we aren't allowed to sell stuff here per-say, but does anyone need a copy of Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Seasons of Warfare Edition for the Switch?  I had ordered one a while ago and was going to cancel it, but I figured I would ask here if anyone wanted it?  Toss me a PM and no I am not scalping it, just pay me whatever I paid (and yes I used GCU at Best Buy) plus whatever shipping is to your place and we got a deal lol.

My biggest gaming regret so far this year is not buying that FXIV shadowbringers CE. I have all the others, love the game and it’s a nice set. Figured it would definitely linger for a bit. Put it in my cart @ start of presale saw shipping and was like “not today.”

My biggest gaming regret so far this year is not buying that FXIV shadowbringers CE. I have all the others, love the game and it’s a nice set. Figured it would definitely linger for a bit. Put it in my cart @ start of presale saw shipping and was like “not today.”
Square won't give you free shipping on a $300 order and they force your hand with their exclusive offerings. It really sucks.

"Not today" is only a useful catch phrase for slaying the undead, not for CE collecting.

My Fire Emblem CE from Target just shipped... wondering if I should cancel my GameStop preorder or sell it...  still hoping I can catch one from Best Buy but it's looking highly unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back