Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Speak of the devil, it’s here lul. Sh1t’s tiny af, haha! -[attachment=33154:F8C02E39-63EA-40CE-98F7-FFA8068D4BAD.jpeg]

Speak of the devil, it’s here lul. Sh1t’s tiny af, haha! -
attachicon.gif
F8C02E39-63EA-40CE-98F7-FFA8068D4BAD.jpeg
Mine isn't supposed to be here until Mon or Tues. Crazy.

Got a refund for my MediEvil from Amazon.de. Sucks though because the steelbook version is sold out. If anyone here has a spare I’d buy it from you for the price you paid from amazon.de, plus shipping costs. I don’t need the game, just the steel.

My Pokémon was delayed until Monday apparently. I’m not in any rush, but 3 out of my last 5 packages from Best Buy had some type of delivery delay. I’ll chalk it up to it being close to the holidays for now, but if this continues once my GCU runs out I’m not gonna buy from them any longer. Not worth it, I think to get free shipping you need to be an elite member, right? Not worth spending that kinda money there, if half my packages won’t get there on time, at that point I’ll just go back to amazon.

I thought of cancelling my Shenmue but I still have GCU so it is only like a $13 difference JUST in case they run out of steelbooks before I can order on BF or something. I think I still return it within that time frame too since I don't think I am going to play it right away. 

mines coming in on tuesday. oh well. from fedex to usps then to me. they couldve just drop it off to my place today. my funko pop from target arrived today.

Walked into Target yesterday and picked one up w/ Walmart/Amazon/Target PM since in-store wasn't on sale. Sad how they can make distribution to store on time with zero difficulties, but fulfillment of online orders take a "fuck you" backseat.
Ugh, wish Amazon still had it for $90 so I could try PMing. I wasn't able to order online but found a copy in store today so I picked it up since it's basically a free SB case for buying two games (better than nothing at this point).

Well, got my Kickstarter copy of Shenmue 3 in the mail today, and the backer-exclusive slipcover is kind of pathetic.  Poor quality material, phoned in design and the title isn't even on the spine.  Lame.

Well, got my Kickstarter copy of Shenmue 3 in the mail today, and the backer-exclusive slipcover is kind of pathetic. Poor quality material, phoned in design and the title isn't even on the spine. Lame.
Never eva kickstart
I learned the hard way with mighty no 9

1st and last time ever

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My Star Wars and Pokemon Double Pack both shipped out from Best Buy. The tracking updates for both of them was exactly the same. Same stops, same times, everything. Except I got Star Wars today and no Pokemon, and I checked the tracking and for some reason Pokemon just stopped updating yesterday morning and Star Wars kept going and was delivered.

So not sure what that's about, but I doubt I get it today. Just hope it isn't lost. Not the best day for packages for me lol.
UPS told me Friday that I was "guaranteed to get it Friday" I didn't, then they told me I'd get it Monday. The tracking didn't update since the 14th, today they told me the package is lost and I need to file a report.

Worst year for mail delivery for me ever. Now granted, like all of you I order a lot of stuff, but this year I've had 5 packages delivered to the wrong address and 4 lost.

Just curious, does anyone here have close to that number? 9 total delivery fuck ups? And the year isn't over. I can't wait to see what the hectic holiday deliveries bring. Feels like a lot, and it's frustrating.

Never eva kickstart

1st and last time ever

Yeah, I feel like I should have learned this lesson but still backed S3... I backed the CE too. Well, at least people will finally get Shenmue 3. I'm hoping the game is good, never got into the first one but plan to give them another try.

Backing Kickstarters isn’t about maximizing on a “deal.” It’s about funding a game that took no major studio had a interest in funding for 14 years. Early positive Metacritic user reviews says it all.

Good point about kickstarting games. If you play shenmue 3 and enjoy it, thank a backer like vinny, haha. I ordered the pix n love CE. Anyone have any experience with their shipping?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Good point about kickstarting games. If you play shenmue 3 and enjoy it, thank a backer like vinny, haha. I ordered the pix n love CE. Anyone have any experience with their shipping?

You probably won't get it for a couple more weeks. They package pretty well, but are really slow at getting stuff in and shipping it out.

Not exactly collector edition but I got my medal/mirror from shemue 3 at game stop.  It look pretty nice.  It is small and they told me they only received 1

Backing Kickstarters isn’t about maximizing on a “deal.” It’s about funding a game that took no major studio had a interest in funding for 14 years. Early positive Metacritic user reviews says it all.
For me it's both. If what I receive for my money isnt enough of a deal for me then im not doing it. I'm not just giving someone what little money I have to see their dream come true that they will use to make themselves a profit. I can't afford to be that nice. So if I kickstart something then it needs to be worth it in return for what I will receive. Especially if the project has already been funded.

Yes I do like the idea of helping someone realize a goal, but at the same time I am also buying something for my money and I won't pretend otherwise I'm doing it for some noble idea, I'm doing it because I want something in return.

For me it's both. If what I receive for my money isnt enough of a deal for me then im not doing it. I'm not just giving someone what little money I have to see their dream come true that they will use to make themselves a profit. I can't afford to be that nice. So if I kickstart something then it needs to be worth it in return for what I will receive. Especially if the project has already been funded.

Yes I do like the idea of helping someone realize a goal, but at the same time I am also buying something for my money and I won't pretend otherwise I'm doing it for some noble idea, I'm doing it because I want something in return.
I agree with you on this. I frankly am sick of the "Kickstarter is not a preorder" people that chime in every time something goes bad in fulfillment. Kickstarter absolutely is a preorder for many backers and many project creators and pretending that it's ok to deliver less than promised is ridiculous.

Wow, turns out that Pokemon showed up after all... but Best Buy had already refunded me for my order. UPS told me it was lost and to call BB and BB offered a refund.

Is that something I'm gonna get banned by Best Buy for? I have no problems doing the honest thing and taking it back to a store, I've just heard stories with websites like BB, Gamestop, Amazon that if you trigger something in an algorithm they shut down your account.

Wow, turns out that Pokemon showed up after all... but Best Buy had already refunded me for my order. UPS told me it was lost and to call BB and BB offered a refund.

Is that something I'm gonna get banned by Best Buy for? I have no problems doing the honest thing and taking it back to a store, I've just heard stories with websites like BB, Gamestop, Amazon that if you trigger something in an algorithm they shut down your account.
I wouldn't worry about it. It was Best Buy that offered the refund on what you told them that was the truth. Cost of them doing business and they're not gonna sweat it so you shouldn't.

Never eva kickstart

1st and last time ever

Only thing I've ever backed was the Dark Souls board game. Paid about $130 I think for base rewards and Dark Basin expansion. Suffice to say, they just now got everything out to backers and it's fucking amazing quality. Moral of the story is back solid products, not virtual ones.

Only thing I've ever backed was the Dark Souls board game. Paid about $130 I think for base rewards and Dark Basin expansion. Suffice to say, they just now got everything out to backers and it's fucking amazing quality. Moral of the story is back solid products, not virtual ones.
The first thing I backed was a physical comic. That was like 2012, and never got a thing from it.

The most recent thing I backed was a physical print of a manga series. After 3 years, still nothing.

It has nothing to do with physical/virtual. Just don't bother with Kickstarter anymore, period.

I've backed... 33 projects. Two are ending in the next couple days. Seven are outstanding on rewards, but are coming close to being finished. I think there are maybe 1 or 2 that I am skeptical they will deliver. I think it comes down to the creator + project, history, etc. Most video games I don't back; board games and RPG's seem to do pretty well at delivering. Video games are extremely complicated to ship, especially quickly, especially for a small team.

Comics seems like there is no excuse :p

The models are great. I bought all the Kickstarter exclusive bosses and all of that and at this point kind of regret it as I don't like the core game very much. However in terms of memorabilia / little models it is great. Did all in for the Bloodborne one and am curious if I will like it but figured I would try again because different company.

I've backed... 33 projects. Two are ending in the next couple days. Seven are outstanding on rewards, but are coming close to being finished. I think there are maybe 1 or 2 that I am skeptical they will deliver. I think it comes down to the creator + project, history, etc. Most video games I don't back; board games and RPG's seem to do pretty well at delivering. Video games are extremely complicated to ship, especially quickly, especially for a small team.

Comics seems like there is no excuse :p
I mostly back game history books and graphic novels. Only one was a train wreck, but I was one of the lucky few who actually got his book

For some reason Best Buy sent me two codes for the pre-order Death Stranding bonus items. This one's free for the taking if you want it.

M3LQ-HLN5-AT46

If you redeem the code, please add a note that you got it. I'd appreciate it.

I didn't realize that all of those items were also included in the digital deluxe set. I wouldn't have redeemed the other pre-order code had I known. Is it possible to partially redeem another code and pass on the duplicated items to someone else?

For some reason Best Buy sent me two codes for the pre-order Death Stranding bonus items. This one's free for the taking if you want it.

M3LQ-HLN5-AT46

If you redeem the code, please add a note that you got it. I'd appreciate it.

I didn't realize that all of those items were also included in the digital deluxe set. I wouldn't have redeemed the other pre-order code had I known. Is it possible to partially redeem another code and pass on the duplicated items to someone else?
I redeemed the code. Thanks for posting.

So, Kickstarter...

One board game that took *ages* to finally get... and wooo boy did that whole thing go awful. It did arrive though, so that's something.

A lot of CD's and records, no problems whatsoever. 

Few books, one went horrible, the rest no issues. The one that went horrible well.. yea. Was a friends at that... but the place that was publishing it was basically a fraud and it was a huge battle for them... not the authors fault, but still sucked.

Anyways, I only back things I know or that have delivered before. Not a friend? Not something that's been around? Yeaaaah nope.

Got my Shenmue 3 KS edition and wow... this is just pathetic. It's advertised as "A physical copy of Shenmue 3 in an exclusive, backer-only case" and it's just a 10 cent slipcover. Guessing the CE is gonna be garbage, based on this. 

Got my Shenmue 3 KS edition and wow... this is just pathetic. It's advertised as "A physical copy of Shenmue 3 in an exclusive, backer-only case" and it's just a 10 cent slipcover. Guessing the CE is gonna be garbage, based on this.
Meanwhile the people that didn't fund the game can get the steelbook for free at Best Buy with purchase.

Maybe someone wants to trade their steelbook for my slipcover?????

The models are great. I bought all the Kickstarter exclusive bosses and all of that and at this point kind of regret it as I don't like the core game very much. However in terms of memorabilia / little models it is great. Did all in for the Bloodborne one and am curious if I will like it but figured I would try again because different company.
I suck at advanced board games so I haven't really given it a full go yet. Waiting for a day when I can take it to a friend that used to DM D&D games so they can teach me gud. From the little bit I understood so far, it seemed fun but brutal lol.

I just got the CE in the mail today. Limited Run Games did a nice job with it.

I don't think LRG really manufactured the CE, did they? They just took the Deep Silver one from Europe and stuck in a DC case so guessing that allowed for better quality since it was a larger run.

Project creators “pitch” it as a pre-order but you’re not reading the ToS at all if you interpret it that way. And honestly, just like a lot of investments (although the ROI on backing KS is never financial gain), if you can’t afford to lose what you pay, you probably shouldn’t be backing it. The project failure rate is still close to 10%. Basically, junk bond default rates.

Project creators “pitch” it as a pre-order but you’re not reading the ToS at all if you interpret it that way. And honestly, just like a lot of investments (although the ROI on backing KS is never financial gain), if you can’t afford to lose what you pay, you probably shouldn’t be backing it. The project failure rate is still close to 10%. Basically, junk bond default rates.
Not really very concerned about the terms of service. Kickstarter doesn't enforce them and certain courts have certainly held that project creators do in fact have greater obligations than Kickstarter's TOS. I agree that you shouldn't be backing if you can't afford to do so, but Kickstarter has become a literal preorder for a lot of project creators as the projects are ready for release but for the final printing or pressing of something. Regardless, this whole argument that you should just be happy if your money is used to make something and not about rewards is total garbage.

So, Kickstarter...

One board game that took *ages* to finally get... and wooo boy did that whole thing go awful. It did arrive though, so that's something.

A lot of CD's and records, no problems whatsoever.

Few books, one went horrible, the rest no issues. The one that went horrible well.. yea. Was a friends at that... but the place that was publishing it was basically a fraud and it was a huge battle for them... not the authors fault, but still sucked.

Anyways, I only back things I know or that have delivered before. Not a friend? Not something that's been around? Yeaaaah nope.
Are you referring to terramyyd?

I got my steelbook from bestbuy yesterday and I am pretty happy with it. They still have them in stock if you want one.

Saw a huge stack of Shenmue 3 steelbooks at BB today.  Should be able to get one of these for cheaper later on.   They're $19.99 atm w/o game purchase. 

And yet both project creators and backers treat it as such.
People are dumb. You get an immediate email that informs you that “if the project is funded you will be charged” on the end date. Not kickstarters fault. Clearly not a guaranteed product so not meant to be perceived as a preorder. Again, people are dumb.

Lol. Kickstarter is not a preorder. Clearly.
Essentially it is.

You're putting money down to receive a product in the future. Much like you do with bestbuy or Amazon on something that isnt out.

If said product doesn't get funded or befalls some other incident where it doesn't get released then you get your money back.Now with that said I've had 2 failed projects I kickstarted. 1 was a snk book all about the products, games, etc and I wanted it so I kickstarted it and they had problems where snk shut it down and the project team refunded my money no questions asked. Another one was a board game I kickstarted and it went under and all I did with file a claim with my credit card company and got my money back easy peasey. Anyone who loses money on failed projects isnt very smart.

So yes, when you give someone money for the expectation of getting something in return in the future then it is most definitely a pre order because you're pre paying for an item. Granted it isnt a bit different in the mechanics of a normal pre order, but it still a pre order.

I don't think LRG really manufactured the CE, did they? They just took the Deep Silver one from Europe and stuck in a DC case so guessing that allowed for better quality since it was a larger run.
I think LRG designed the slipcover over the CE box, which also makes it standout. Really high quality job they did with it.

I was a little surprised to get a Shenmue 3 LRG trading card with the CE as I thought it was part of their distribution line, and those don't usually get trading cards. It was a pleasant surprise (especially since it was a gold foil one).

Warning
Anybody else get this nonsense?
Got a text from Bestbuy about my Doom CE that releases in March.....
I'm gonna get screwed out of my order.

We're sorry, we're working on getting it to you soon. If we can't ship it by Sun, December 22, we'll let you know and cancel the order

Warning
Anybody else get this nonsense?
Got a text from Bestbuy about my Doom CE that releases in March.....
I'm gonna get screwed out of my order.

We're sorry, we're working on getting it to you soon. If we can't ship it by Sun, December 22, we'll let you know and cancel the order

yup, except mine is Dec. 21.

looks like those dummies at BB didn't update everything in the back end to reflect the new release date yet.

they better get this shit straightened out soon cuz I don't want to have to worry about watching this item like a hawk again to get in an order, and my GCU is ending in less than 2 months.

yup, except mine is Dec. 21.

looks like those dummies at BB didn't update everything in the back end to reflect the new release date yet.

they better get this shit straightened out soon cuz I don't want to have to worry about watching this item like a hawk again to get in an order, and my GCU is ending in less than 2 months.
Yep, my GCU is done. This was my last order. I might click the contact link and email them to point out their mistake.

Yep, my GCU is done. This was my last order. I might click the contact link and email them to point out their mistake.
Received the same message and I would definitely shoot an email to cover yourself since your GCU is expired.
Speaking of pre orders at best buy, did anyone else order TLoU2 ellie ed. From BB? I noticed my preorder says I'm paying 249.99, on the landing page and every other ad shows it should be $229.99? Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back