2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just the $70 ($56 w/ GCU) Special Edition for me, thanks. Only $10 more for a steelbook and some digital bonuses is what I like to see.
Same. Another $100 for an artbook I might look at once and a theme I won't keep forever is too much. I'm not really a fan of mask statues.

You guys planning to do the Butterfinger FFVII Remake DLC Promo? I might do it but I don't know what I would do with all the candy.
I ended up doing it the day it started. I already have the Tifa theme and it is prolly the best one I've ever seen. I don't like chocolate so I dropped off the bars at a local chemo infusion center for the patients.

How does it work, do you just need to buy a few butterfingers? Or do you need to get lucky and find a code in one of the wrappers?

How does it work, do you just need to buy a few butterfingers? Or do you need to get lucky and find a code in one of the wrappers?
I just bought 10 regular Butterfingers and Crunch bars, took a picture of the receipt and submitted via the promo site and next day I had a code for the theme in my email. You need to buy the candy in multiples of 2 for it to qualify. And some people say each bar has to ring up individually.

Buy 2 (1.9oz) Butterfingers and you upload a copy of your receipt to the promo website. Every 2 you buy you get 1 DLC. Buy 10 Butterfingers and get all the DLC and the Tifa theme.

Buy 2 (1.9oz) Butterfingers and you upload a copy of your receipt to the promo website. Every 2 you buy you get 1 DLC. Buy 10 Butterfingers and get all the DLC and the Tifa theme.
Do you get to pick what DLC you get or is it random?

I only want the Tifa theme.

The Tifa theme is for the first receipt uploaded with 2 Butterfingers purchased.
Any reason so many people are saying to buy Butterfingers? Not sure if that's because people like Butterfingers more (not me, prefer Crunch or BabyRuth over Butterfingers)?

Any reason so many people are saying to buy Butterfingers? Not sure if that's because people like Butterfingers more (not me, prefer Crunch or BabyRuth over Butterfingers)?
Of course it is, silly because peanut butter rules all!

I picked up when I got off the train earlier, and uploaded the receipt. I'll see what happens.

All this talk about Butterfingers is reminding me of an infamous quote that I'm sure is going to make me look real old.

"that doesn't feel like a butterfinger"

I prefer Crunch bars too, but my Walmart only have Butterfinger bars, so I got ten of those.

Butterfinger has been hit or miss for me lately. When it's on point, though, it's really good. Crunch bars always hit the spot. Snickers are great like 98% of the time.

Regardless, Reeses is GOAT.

Has anyone found a good national store for said candy bars (like Target or something)? A lot of posts on reddit are saying places are getting denied due the receipt not showing all names or whatever. And the only stores that people mention working seem to be local.

This seems like a really stupid way to do a promo in this day and age...
I had success with Von's/Safeway, just recently received an email indicating the receipt was accepted and and also included the Tifa DLC theme.

Butterfinger has been hit or miss for me lately. When it's on point, though, it's really good. Crunch bars always hit the spot. Snickers are great like 98% of the time.

Regardless, Reeses is GOAT.
Pieces or Peanut Butter Cups? Careful, your answer matters. :)

Is there no way to preorder the RE 3 Steelbook by itself?
Order the game from BestBuy, get the free steelbook added to the order. Once the order's placed, cancel the game from the order and you'll have an order with just the steelbook for $20 (+ tax/shipping as applicable).

Idk man I’m hyped for the game and would instantly get the CE for this game but a mask stand isn’t my thing. Wish it was a figurine. The character with a horse would’ve been dope. I’m goin with SE

U guys think these CE or SE will be rare like Last of Us? If not, I’ll probably wait

Idk man I’m hyped for the game and would instantly get the CE for this game but a mask stand isn’t my thing. Wish it was a figurine. The character with a horse would’ve been dope. I’m goin with SE

U guys think these CE or SE will be rare like Last of Us? If not, I’ll probably wait
the last sucker punch ce I remember getting was for Infamous 2 and that got deeply discounted. However, that was also at least 6-8 years ago.

How long does it take for your trade in transaction to disappear on their system when u do another trade in? Or do they not disappear and constantly shows ur latest transactions

Honestly, are there that many CEs that are worth an insane amount, like say... significantly more than their MSRP? Most CEs seem to cool off quite a big in the aftermarket. I think Witcher 3 CE and Last of Us Post-Pandemic are the only ones I can think of that are nuts. But I also haven't followed CEs too much over the last few hrs.

I’m all for mask displays, so the Ghost of Tsushima CE looks veeery appealing to me.

Sadly I no longer have GCU, but I do still have its last-hurrah 25% off code to use...I’m wondering if this is the time to use it? I’m assuming that if it’s used on a pre-order, and then later on I cancel the pre-order because I’ve found something else I’d rather use it on instead, the code would be considered used and thus not get refunded back to me to use on that something else, right?

I ended up doing it the day it started. I already have the Tifa theme and it is prolly the best one I've ever seen. I don't like chocolate so I dropped off the bars at a local chemo infusion center for the patients.
What kind of DLC are they rewarding, out of curiosity?

I’m all for mask displays, so the Ghost of Tsushima CE looks veeery appealing to me.

Sadly I no longer have GCU, but I do still have its last-hurrah 25% off code to use...I’m wondering if this is the time to use it? I’m assuming that if it’s used on a pre-order, and then later on I cancel the pre-order because I’ve found something else I’d rather use it on instead, the code would be considered used and thus not get refunded back to me to use on that something else, right?

What kind of DLC are they rewarding, out of curiosity?

Sadly I no longer have GCU, but I do still have its last-hurrah 25% off code to use...I’m wondering if this is the time to use it?

Honestly, are there that many CEs that are worth an insane amount, like say... significantly more than their MSRP? Most CEs seem to cool off quite a big in the aftermarket. I think Witcher 3 CE and Last of Us Post-Pandemic are the only ones I can think of that are nuts. But I also haven't followed CEs too much over the last few hrs.
Dragon Age Inquisition is up there. Many of the Tales games, FE Fates, even Horizon Zero Dawn & God of War Stone Mason are worth more now than at launch.

Even some of the older PS3 360 era collectors editions are still worth decent money. There was a thread on GameStop Reddit were someone traded in 3 collectors edition games & 2 CE guides. the employees trying to tell them that they could sell it for online for more but the person they said was middle-aged & didn’t want to go through the trouble.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/fc2acu/guest_came_in_with_some_last_gen_tradeswe_couldnt/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

For those who got emails back for the nestle promo, how long did it take to get one back?
I got mine in about 2 days or so. I submitted on the evening of the first day of the promo and got the email yesterday just before I was about to leave work.

Dragon Age Inquisition is up there. Many of the Tales games, FE Fates, even Horizon Zero Dawn & God of War Stone Mason are worth more now than at launch.

Even some of the older PS3 360 era collectors editions are still worth decent money. There was a thread on GameStop Reddit were someone traded in 3 collectors edition games & 2 CE guides. the employees trying to tell them that they could sell it for online for more but the person they said was middle-aged & didn’t want to go through the trouble.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/fc2acu/guest_came_in_with_some_last_gen_tradeswe_couldnt/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
Wow, I have all those but seeing them all out in the open like that is so cool. I do have the Dragon Age Inquisition CE somewhere but thought it wasn't worth much because of all the QC issues and that EA never replaced the damaged items (even though they said they would). But maybe I just bought too many CEs because most of mine aren't worth jack (at least, as far as I know).

I got mine in about 2 days or so. I submitted on the evening of the first day of the promo and got the email yesterday just before I was about to leave work.
I still don't know how they track it, because you don't "create an account" per se. You give your email, and then it takes you to a page to submit your receipt, and if you x out the page, then it didn't save your spot and there's nowhere to login.

Word to the wise

Be careful if you still have GCU and decide to be a nice guy like I did, and lend out your number to other members.  Someone just called into Best Buy today, and gave my name and phone number, and had them issue $195 in rewards certificates to my account, which they then used to buy a fucking Switch Lite.  Not saying that it was someone on here (but it sure looks like it lol), but be careful so you don't have the same shit happen to you that happened to me.

Damn, this makes me sad.

Word to the wise

Be careful if you still have GCU and decide to be a nice guy like I did, and lend out your number to other members. Someone just called into Best Buy today, and gave my name and phone number, and had them issue $195 in rewards certificates to my account, which they then used to buy a fucking Switch Lite. Not saying that it was someone on here (but it sure looks like it lol), but be careful so you don't have the same shit happen to you that happened to me.
Wait what do you mean they had them issue $195 in rewards? You saved your points up and hadn't used them yet? I didn't know you could do that if so.

Word to the wise

Be careful if you still have GCU and decide to be a nice guy like I did, and lend out your number to other members. Someone just called into Best Buy today, and gave my name and phone number, and had them issue $195 in rewards certificates to my account, which they then used to buy a fucking Switch Lite. Not saying that it was someone on here (but it sure looks like it lol), but be careful so you don't have the same shit happen to you that happened to me.
That's harsh, sorry to hear that. Did you contact Best Buy to get any recourse or are you pretty much SOL?

Word to the wise

That sucks, man. And that is why I would never give my GCU discount to anyone other than close friends or family. CAG has a lot of good, decent members, but there are always scumbags and pure pieces of shit lurking out in the weeds. I hope whoever did that to you gets what is coming their way karmawise.

Since there's also been a lot of GCU discussion lately, I just wanted to throw this out there - make sure that before your GCU expires, any pre-orders you have are completely accurate. If you make any changes after it expires (i.e. cancelling items from the order, changing order addresses) there's a chance they will remove the discount from the order. I've also had shipping charges randomly added to my orders and have had to contact support about my Cyberpunk and Doom CEs getting "cancelled" when delays were announced. YMMV, but maintaining pre-orders been a royal pain for me since mine ended.

Word to the wise

That sucks. Sounds like someone didn't do their job though. I remember the Best Buy rep refuse to let me use my reward certificates because I didn't have an ID with me, this was on a Black Friday too.

Welp. Looks like the Ghost of Tsushima CE is already out of stock for Best Buy and Amazon. Still available for Walmart and Target though.

Hopefully Best Buy will get some more, as I’m leaning more and more toward using my end-of-GCU coupon on it.

Welp. Looks like the Ghost of Tsushima CE is already out of stock for Best Buy and Amazon. Still available for Walmart and Target though.

Hopefully Best Buy will get some more, as I’m leaning more and more toward using my end-of-GCU coupon on it.

What is this end-of-GCU coupon you speak of? Mine ends in 9 days and I don't have one that I know of.

That's harsh, sorry to hear that. Did you contact Best Buy to get any recourse or are you pretty much SOL?
Well the dumbass used my rewards number so I have their receipt and also the serial number for their Switch lol. Best Buy is refunding me my points, and I’ve already contacted the store where the purchase happened and they are investigating it as well. I’m gonna cal Nintendo and see if I can get that serial number banned as well.

What is this end-of-GCU coupon you speak of? Mine ends in 9 days and I don't have one that I know of.
It’s a code Best Buy emails you (well, more specifically they email a link that goes to the code) at the very tail end of your GCU that’ll take 25% off any single game purchase. I got mine like 5 days before mine ran out, so don’t panic that you haven’t gotten yours yet. The subject of mine read as “ Thank you, [Name]. Save 25% on the game of your choice.” so keep an eye out for that.

Oh, also, I would make sure to make any final purchases or pre-orders using your GCU a day BEFORE it says it ends, as it ends ridiculously early on that final day (like, sometime before noon). At least that’s my experience - I think I may have read that some people’s discount ran out even before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back