2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
If it was the only way you can get the bike. I am pretty sure they would have used the word exclusive just like they did with the Noctis weapon in the FFXV CE. They can always announce the bike later with the next wave of figures, because I am pretty sure there's going to be a Red XIII, Vincent, Cid, and Yuffie figures. Not sure how they are going to handle Cait Sith.

If it was the only way you can get the bike. I am pretty sure they would have used the word exclusive just like they did with the Noctis weapon in the FFXV CE. They can always announce the bike later with the next wave of figures, because I am pretty sure there's going to be a Red XIII, Vincent, Cid, and Yuffie figures. Not sure how they are going to handle Cait Sith.
Yea I think you're overthinking on the SE's wording too much. Just from years of collecting these things and how SE releases them. It's pretty plausible that the Hardy Daytona could very well be exclusive to First Class Edition. They've never sold vehicles or mounts on their own and there's been plenty of Final Fantasy Play Arts Kai figures thats been on a very limited run in the past.

Their packaging is getting so lazy. They couldn't just design a box like they did with FFXV CE? Or FFXII Zodiac Age CE?

Oh wait, I guess they'll be saving that for the FFVII Ultimate Complete First Class Edition SOLDIER AVALANCHE Collection that will come out in 2028 for $599.99 and have all the episodes on the PS5.

I think if you were looking for any value added to the first class contents, you would look for it to say it’s exclusive rather than assume it will be. If it doesn’t say exclusive and their is a demand, they have no reason not to produce more. Not that it would stop them anyway if they did indicate it was exclusive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if you were looking for any value added to the first class contents, you would look for it to say it’s exclusive rather than assume it will be. If it doesn’t say exclusive and their is a demand, they have no reason not to produce more. Not that it would stop them anyway if they did indicate it was exclusive

When it comes to Final Fantasy Play Arts Kai figures, if SE really wanted to get greedy, they could make more of many of their Final Fantasy figures that has long sold out and now goes for crazy prices on Ebay. But they never did (like Yuna, Lightning, Dragoon Knight, Advent Children Tifa etc...) just because a company can, doesn't mean they will. They don't want to saturate the market either. No Playarts Kai figures ever said limited or exclusive on them (other then a few color variants) but some were available for sale for a few months and once they're gone as msrp, they're gone. SE typically don't do this produce more crap just because it sells well with their Play Arts Kai line. I actually wished they did, cause I had to pay premium prices for some of the ones I missed out on.

When it comes to Final Fantasy Play Arts Kai figures, if SE really wanted to get greedy, they could make more of many of their Final Fantasy figures that has long sold out and now goes for crazy prices on Ebay. But they never did (like Yuna, Lightning, Dragoon Knight, Advent Children Tifa etc...) just because a company can, doesn't mean they will. They don't want to saturate the market either. No Playarts Kai figures ever said limited or exclusive on them (other then a few color variants) but some were available for sale for a few months and once they're gone as msrp, they're gone. SE typically don't do this produce more crap just because it sells well with their Play Arts Kai line. I actually wished they did, cause I had to pay premium prices for some of the ones I missed out on.
Yea that’s a solid argument. If they have a good reputation then I suppose we can expect the same going forward. I’ve just seen so many other companies try to cash in. Wonder why they don’t market the fact that they dont reproduce them. Kind of cool that they just don’t and don’t mention it.

Check your junk folder, mine has an estimated arrival date for this coming Wednesday.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Nothing yet unfortunately even in junk mail. According to redditors SE is shipping it from eastcoast to westcoast, may be why I'm (CA) not seeing it shipped yet.

Not in a rush to get it but just want to make sure I will get a copy. Ni No Kuni CE horror stories have always scared me.

Their packaging is getting so lazy. They couldn't just design a box like they did with FFXV CE? Or FFXII Zodiac Age CE?

Oh wait, I guess they'll be saving that for the FFVII Ultimate Complete First Class Edition SOLDIER AVALANCHE Collection that will come out in 2028 for $599.99 and have all the episodes on the PS5.
As a gamer and collector for over 20 years, since the regular NES era, seeing how companies have transitioned to cash grabs, 'incomplete editions', and constant re-releases, I've lost a lot of interest. Specifically to FF7 remake, I preordered the deluxe edition from Best Buy in August '19, though after reading it isn't the real game just a chapter 1 extended demo, all of my excitement disappeared knowing down the road the edition you mentioned will be released.

I don't want games piecemeal or in 'episodes', make the damn game and release it. The full game.

As a gamer and collector for over 20 years, since the regular NES era, seeing how companies have transitioned to cash grabs, 'incomplete editions', and constant re-releases, I've lost a lot of interest. Specifically to FF7 remake, I preordered the deluxe edition from Best Buy in August '19, though after reading it isn't the real game just a chapter 1 extended demo, all of my excitement disappeared knowing down the road the edition you mentioned will be released.

I don't want games piecemeal or in 'episodes', make the damn game and release it. The full game.
What you are asking for would be both financially and technically not viable. No company is going to spend a decade or more developing a game of this scope without any may to generate some revenue in the interim. I can understand why from the collector standpoint this isn't great, but from everyone I have seen start playing so far, it looks like a great experience that takes at least 40 hours to play through and longer if you take every side quest. $60 or less for a 40 hour experience feels reasonable to me.

RE3 Remake is a cashgrab, it's a 5 hour game with many similar assets as RE2 Remake. FF VII remake is not. From what I've seen from people who got their copies early, it's literally impossible to remake the entire game with the scope of a FF VII remake and sell it for $60. Not to mention it would take a hell lot longer. Some people's expectations are just completely out of whack.

RE3 Remake is a cashgrab, it's a 5 hour game with many similar assets as RE2 Remake. FF VII remake is not. From what I've seen from people who got their copies early, it's literally impossible to remake the entire game with the scope of a FF VII remake and sell it for $60. Not to mention it would take a hell lot longer. Some people's expectations are just completely out of whack.
According to what expectation? Come on man. Square planned it like this from the beginning.

We all know how Square develops anyways, remember the fiasco of FF13?

According to what expectation? Come on man. Square planned it like this from the beginning.
We all know how Square develops anyways, remember the fiasco of FF13?
Yea Square planned it episodic from the beginning which I don't see any issues with. Its the only way to do this remake that makes sense. Since they didn't start concentrating on developing this game fully until Kingdom Hearts 3 finished, I don't wanna wait till freakin 2025 to play any of it. Not to mention it's not financially feasible for the company to make a game this large into one game and charge only $60. I didn't see anyone complaining about this with Xenosaga, which FF VII remake's episodic format most closely resembles. This also isn't a 1:1 remake, they changed the story as well.

That's why I'm going to get it on black friday for 20 bucks. Just like I did resident evil 2 remake. I knew they would be short so i just waited. And re2 I finished both campaigns in a week. There will be enough people buying it on black friday to populate the online mode enough I can experience it some.

I wouldn't say just a cash grab though. They overhauled it enough to be worth it. Wasn't like they just upped the resolution or something and re released it like they did with onimusha. But even with onimusha it launched with a 20 dollar price tag. Re3 had some actual work put into it.

Yea Square planned it episodic from the beginning which I don't see any issues with. Its the only way to do this remake that makes sense. Since they didn't start concentrating on developing this game fully until Kingdom Hearts 3 finished, I don't wanna wait till freakin 2025 to play any of it. Not to mention it's not financially feasible for the company to make a game this large into one game and charge only $60. I didn't see anyone complaining about this with Xenosaga, which FF VII remake's episodic format most closely resembles. This also isn't a 1:1 remake, they changed the story as well.
I don't think SE can afford long development cycles anymore. I cannot imagine how much they lost on the Crystala Novella bullshit that gave us XIII to start and ended with XV, which felt like parts of different games put together to make 1 game. And then there's KH3 though that was probably funded by all the side stories. I honestly think they finally decided to remake FF7 after all these years because they needed money.

Whatever the case, I read a user comment somewhere (Gamespot maybe?) related to FF7R that I thought really hit home: SE has been so adamant on evolving the JRPG turn-based combat ever since FFXII... and Atlus yet, has been killing it with the turn based Persona series.

That's why I'm going to get it on black friday for 20 bucks. Just like I did resident evil 2 remake. I knew they would be short so i just waited. And re2 I finished both campaigns in a week. There will be enough people buying it on black friday to populate the online mode enough I can experience it some.

I wouldn't say just a cash grab though. They overhauled it enough to be worth it. Wasn't like they just upped the resolution or something and re released it like they did with onimusha. But even with onimusha it launched with a 20 dollar price tag. Re3 had some actual work put into it.
I don't think anyone would argue RE2 Remake is a cash grab. The biggest gripe with RE3 Remake though is the cut contents from the original game.

I hear you and respect your opinion brother. I just think that's bullcrap from a development standpoint. They work under the scope they designed so yes if they designed to to be episodic then yeah it will be. That's the problem I have as the original wasn't and this is a remake. But we're splitting hairs! Just excited to see some JRPGs get some mainstream love.

**SPOILER WARNING**
If you have not played the game inside, don’t watch the video showing the contents of the collectors edition

Iam8bit sent an email notifying that have a few more collectors editions for “Inside”
You know that $375 secret collectors edition with a figure made by realdoll.

Thanks for reaching out to us about the INSIDE Collector's Edition. You know, that rather "intimate" collaboration between Playdead x RealDoll x iam8bit.

While the Collector's Edition sold out nearly two years ago, we mentioned that we *might* be able to scare one up for you if you were super patient.

Well... THAT DAY HAS ARRIVED!

We have a super duper limited quantity available, and we're reaching out to you in the order of inquiries that initially came in. This is, quite literally, your last chance... so if you want it, now's the time to act.

Here's a behind-the-scenes look at the hand-crafted Collector's Edition, as well as an unboxing of the entire set.

https://youtu.be/8vG2A0BjMiY

https://youtu.be/zhCdGdqCIRU

If you want it, you have two choices:

1) Reply to this email with confirmation about your desire to proceed with payment, within 48 hours. Please include a good daytime phone number and we will be in touch.

or...

2) If you can't pay right this minute, but you still really REALLY want it, respond to this email and let us know when you could realistically pay for the Collector's Edition.

We understand that the world is in a weird place right now, so we're happy to have a conversation about this. Just let us know what your situation is and we can accomodate you.

XOXO,
iam8bit

No way I’m spending $375 on that. Even if you wanted to sell it, good luck finding a buyer to pay enough to make it worthwhile. I loved the game though, shame we didn’t get something better

**SPOILER WARNING**
If you have not played the game inside, don’t watch the video showing the contents of the collectors edition

Iam8bit sent an email notifying that have a few more collectors editions for “Inside”
You know that $375 secret collectors edition with a figure made by realdoll.

Thanks for reaching out to us about the INSIDE Collector's Edition. You know, that rather "intimate" collaboration between Playdead x RealDoll x iam8bit.

While the Collector's Edition sold out nearly two years ago, we mentioned that we *might* be able to scare one up for you if you were super patient.

Well... THAT DAY HAS ARRIVED!

We have a super duper limited quantity available, and we're reaching out to you in the order of inquiries that initially came in. This is, quite literally, your last chance... so if you want it, now's the time to act.

Here's a behind-the-scenes look at the hand-crafted Collector's Edition, as well as an unboxing of the entire set.

https://youtu.be/8vG2A0BjMiY

https://youtu.be/zhCdGdqCIRU

If you want it, you have two choices:

1) Reply to this email with confirmation about your desire to proceed with payment, within 48 hours. Please include a good daytime phone number and we will be in touch.

or...

2) If you can't pay right this minute, but you still really REALLY want it, respond to this email and let us know when you could realistically pay for the Collector's Edition.

We understand that the world is in a weird place right now, so we're happy to have a conversation about this. Just let us know what your situation is and we can accomodate you.

XOXO,
iam8bit

No way I’m spending $375 on that. Even if you wanted to sell it, good luck finding a buyer to pay enough to make it worthwhile. I loved the game though, shame we didn’t get something better

WTF Lmao!!!

Anyone know if Amazon will email their DLC themes when on the 10th or will they only email them when they ship the game(which may be on a delayed shipping)

Really enjoyed RE3 but not having multiple playthroughs like RE2 hurt it a bit for me and I don't really care about the multiplayer mode. 

Since when does a “short game” automatically make it a bad game or a cash grab? RE2 was also pretty short. Ok replay ability cuz of the switch of characters and slightly different routes. It has the same issues as RE3. Yes RE3 cut out content from the original but both games are pretty “short” RE3 actually has good replayability cuz of the hidden Nightmare mode which actually makes enemies more dangerous and smarter. It’s also more action and gameplay just feels more fun compared to RE2

Never understood the hype of RE2 remake. Probably because I played the shit out of RE2 in 1998. Prettier, same.

Is there a financial reason why European CE's get more physical items than North American CE's of the same game? RE 2/3 CE's both had physical soundtracks in Europe, and RE 2 CE had the keys from the Police Station which the NA CE didn't have. Also Tales of Vesperia Remastered CE had 4-disc physical soundtrack in Europe compared to no soundtrack in NA (had to import that from AZ Italy and make a UK PSN account to get the DLC to work.)

NA is a larger market than Europe and items have farther to go to Europe vs. NA so I just don't understand why this keeps happening.

Price gouging only applies to essential items. You can argue that video games are essential to life, but....no.

Thanks Capcom. Only pre-ordered in December. Saw they had more available a couple days ago too...[attachment=33836:Screenshot_20200407-025909~2.jpg]

By all means that may be true. I specifically avoid news and trailers of games to not see any spoilers, as most movie trailers today give away everything in them. With FF7, my mind always goes back to "this is a 23 year old game, remastered!". So many games are HD remakes today, hell Saints Row 3 just got announced. I'm not familiar with a game being TOTALLY re-done from the ground up instead of the common "here's a PS3 game with new graphics on PS4" that is prevalent today. Hey, first time for everything right?

Regarding RE3, yeah I find it perplexing people would pay $60 for a remake of such a short game, ESPECIALLY when there was a whole collection released on PS3 for $90 several years ago. Of course there's going to be a full set coming out for $60-$100 on PS4 in the near future.

There are quite a few games recently, FFVII remake and RE2 remake are games that are "re-done from the ground up".

By all means that may be true. I specifically avoid news and trailers of games to not see any spoilers, as most movie trailers today give away everything in them. With FF7, my mind always goes back to "this is a 23 year old game, remastered!". So many games are HD remakes today, hell Saints Row 3 just got announced. I'm not familiar with a game being TOTALLY re-done from the ground up instead of the common "here's a PS3 game with new graphics on PS4" that is prevalent today. Hey, first time for everything right?

Regarding RE3, yeah I find it perplexing people would pay $60 for a remake of such a short game, ESPECIALLY when there was a whole collection released on PS3 for $90 several years ago. Of course there's going to be a full set coming out for $60-$100 on PS4 in the near future.
Had no idea Saints 3 was getting remastered. I thought the 2nd game was surprisingly fun and the third game was enjoyable... but not sure I'd say it deserves a remaster. If anything, I'd love to see remasters of some of the earlier PS3/360 games if anything that didn't run well and had poor mechanics get the visual upgrade and have those minor issues fixed and released in a budget line.

Speaking of RE3, somehow my copy and my steelbook, went from being in Syracuse NY last Thursday to being in Portland Oregon yesterday and now won't be here until Friday the 10th. smh

This is UPS too.

I just placed an order using that forward2me thing someone posted about last time. Hopefully they're legit.
i did the same, best case scenario is one of the amazons ship to usa and Ill cancel this one, if not this will still be cheaper than ebay most likely

I don't care for that Xenoblade steelbook, so that's an easy pass for me.  It looks like the back of a steelbook with a logo on it.

I just placed an order using that forward2me thing someone posted about last time. Hopefully they're legit.
Note: in the reviews online people have complained they repackage the items. So, to save shipping costs on their end, I don't know if they'll be stuffing this in a bubble mailer.

How does it work though, I've never used one. Do you have to buy the item on Amazon UK using the forwarding service's shipping address? And how do their know your real address?

Note: in the reviews online people have complained they repackage the items. So, to save shipping costs on their end, I don't know if they'll be stuffing this in a bubble mailer.

How does it work though, I've never used one. Do you have to buy the item on Amazon UK using the forwarding service's shipping address? And how do their know your real address?
Same as any other forwarding service. Usually they set up in an office or warehouse, and you ship packages to that address under your name (or in some cases, their name but your personal account number so they know it's for you). Once they get a package with your name, they'll contact you with price and services that'll work. You pay and they ship. Some offer additional services like, hold for 1 month (so you can combine multiple packages).

After that, it's just like anything else... subject to customs, transit damage, etc. I think the risk here is that if something does go wrong, you have to deal with them and they likely won't help beyond issuing a refund for the shipping. I really hope Amazon UK opens up pre-orders though. I would like to avoid using a forwarding service for that reason, if something goes wrong your options are limited.

Same as any other forwarding service. Usually they set up in an office or warehouse, and you ship packages to that address under your name (or in some cases, their name but your personal account number so they know it's for you). Once they get a package with your name, they'll contact you with price and services that'll work. You pay and they ship. Some offer additional services like, hold for 1 month (so you can combine multiple packages).

After that, it's just like anything else... subject to customs, transit damage, etc. I think the risk here is that if something does go wrong, you have to deal with them and they likely won't help beyond issuing a refund for the shipping. I really hope Amazon UK opens up pre-orders though. I would like to avoid using a forwarding service for that reason, if something goes wrong your options are limited.
Ah ok, so you pay once they receive the shipment before they forward it? Or did you pay already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back