2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I knew that before buying the KHIII DE Hurts seeing it for $20 when I paid $80 lol
I missed out on that and was initially sad but then was ecstatic when I found a copy for $60 at Meijers like 3 months later... and then I played the game and I was sad again because I honestly thought it was kind of bad.

With FF7R, at least I enjoyed the game, even after beating it and seeing the controversial ending. I mean I wish the story was a 1:1 retelling of the original but I'm curious to see the direction they're going in.

Just pm’d RE3 at bestbuy and had it for pickup but steelbook for shipping. After getting the confirmation email, the steelbook is nowhere to be found on order list. Idk the sku for it or if it even has one either. Anyone know if that means it was removed or if it’s still going to be shipped to me even though it’s not on my order page?

I was trying to behave with spending, and now have another CE ordered. Have you no shame?!

Even though I have the BB steelbook, the one included here was a selling point for me. Also, I do not have the game, so considering $60 of that is justified, I don't feel as guilty as I should. :p

Just pm’d RE3 at bestbuy and had it for pickup but steelbook for shipping. After getting the confirmation email, the steelbook is nowhere to be found on order list. Idk the sku for it or if it even has one either. Anyone know if that means it was removed or if it’s still going to be shipped to me even though it’s not on my order page?
Sku 64000572
Model sb1430
For steelbook

Assassins creed Valhalla CE

https://store.ubi.com/us/assassins-creed-valhalla-collector-edition/5e84b6f95cdf9a21c0b4e746.html?lang=en_US

caa812a16de7ecf2517f1da89703134a.jpg

a804f51540b711d85b1b49cffe1200c5.jpg

ff44cd7f691fc16f8b344ca96c6f8187.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No steelbook on the ultimate version? Ubisoft is getting a little less crazy with the steelbooks.

edit: looks like gamestop gets an exclusive ultimate edition steelbook.

No steelbook on the ultimate version? Ubisoft is getting a little less crazy with the steelbooks.

edit: looks like gamestop gets an exclusive ultimate edition steelbook.
They may release a Gold edition Steelbook version. They usually do and it appears they are at least doing that in Europe with this game.
Also at the end of the trailer they showed this, sorry for the image quality
82f35d7700c9871f8002a57e03d7af26.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Assassin's Creed CE.  I'm thinking I'll try to return that Doom Eternal CE when it comes in.  Doom was mostly a case of nothing for a while/why not, but this surprise is an ouchy on my wallet.  More so that Ubisoft charges when you order.

Why do I get the feeling that AC developers played God of War and decided to make to use the Norse setting for this AC game? 

Why do I get the feeling that AC developers played God of War and decided to make to use the Norse setting for this AC game?
Well, I feel like EA played Outrun before making Need for Speed. :joystick:

Can you have Norse themed content that does not look a little like other Norse themed content? Also, God of War only has like 10 characters in the whole game. :rofl:

GameStop has an exclusive Ultimate Edition again, not sure if it comes with a small statue a la Odyssey or not.
Looks like it's the Steelbook Gold Edition with the digital content from the Collector's Edition, so basically just no statue at $10 more.

GameStop has an exclusive Ultimate Edition again, not sure if it comes with a small statue a la Odyssey or not.

Looks like it's the Steelbook Gold Edition with the digital content from the Collector's Edition, so basically just no statue at $10 more.
It's basically the $120 ultimate edition and you pay an extra $10 for the steelbook. Or you pay $20 extra from the gold edition for the "ultimate edition" cosmetic DLC.

Well, I feel like EA played Outrun before making Need for Speed. :joystick:

Can you have Norse themed content that does not look a little like other Norse themed content? Also, God of War only has like 10 characters in the whole game. :rofl:
I wasn't entirely serious in case that wasn't clear.

Anyone still looking for a FFVII Deluxe Edition?  I have one I was going to send back to Amazon as I don't want it, but if someone was looking for one, send me a PM.

It's basically the $120 ultimate edition and you pay an extra $10 for the steelbook. Or you pay $20 extra from the gold edition for the "ultimate edition" cosmetic DLC.
And the Steelbook will likely be different than the Gold one, given that was the case for Division 2 and GR: Wildlands. I was hoping GS would do a statue bundle like they did with Odyssey but no such luck.

And the Steelbook will likely be different than the Gold one, given that was the case for Division 2 and GR: Wildlands. I was hoping GS would do a statue bundle like they did with Odyssey but no such luck.
Eh, the last time they did a statue ‘bundle’ was with AC odyssey, where they copied off of square enix’s bullshit of ‘sell a separate packaged item as a forced bundle’ motto with the Kassandra plastic statue and gold edition steelbook.

I long for the days of the real gamestop exclusive Assassin’s Creed editions.

We in a deadzone it seems..no CEs? I have this weird surplus cash reserve..
I think there's some kinda global pandemic going on that's causing production issues on things like collectors editions, I could be wrong tho haven't checked the news in like 5 months

Eh, the last time they did a statue ‘bundle’ was with AC odyssey, where they copied off of square enix’s bullshit of ‘sell a separate packaged item as a forced bundle’ motto with the Kassandra plastic statue and gold edition steelbook.

This one comes with an "Exclusive Box" which usually means everything is packaged together.

I missed out on that and was initially sad but then was ecstatic when I found a copy for $60 at Meijers like 3 months later... and then I played the game and I was sad again because I honestly thought it was kind of bad.

With FF7R, at least I enjoyed the game, even after beating it and seeing the controversial ending. I mean I wish the story was a 1:1 retelling of the original but I'm curious to see the direction they're going in.
The story will probably wind up like the evangelion rebuild where no one will know what is going on by part 3.

The story will probably wind up like the evangelion rebuild where no one will know what is going on by part 3.
The interview they had recently with Kitase stated the rest of the Remake will pretty much still follow the original story line though.

That "plastic" statue goes for about $90-100 shipped on EBay now so I would have liked to of had a cheaper option (with a value upside) than Ubisoft where I could use trade credit, but I just went ahead and got the CE from Ubisoft since it was of the female Viking anyway and it had the soundtrack.

Plus that's one fewer thing to worry about in the fall as I used PayPal to pay now since I have to worry about the Cyberpunk CE charge in Sept. from Amazon and paying for the XBox Series X also.

I am looking to get rid of my 40 or so extra Steelbooks for games I don't own. Is there anywhere besides EBay to look up values to see about selling/trading? Would CAG be the best bet on selling/trading outside of EBay or is there a better option? Thanks in advance.

The interview they had recently with Kitase stated the rest of the Remake will pretty much still follow the original story line though.
I don't see how that's possible since they already went completely off the rails with chapter 18, not to mention other things that are diff than the original. Honestly, my number one fear with this Remake's future installment is Nomura pulls a Nomura. Some of his early Nomura-ing was actually either great (developing the background for Bigges, Wedge, Jessie) or annoying but passable (that one new biker guy), but chapter 18 made me worry though I'm still hopeful Nomura used the first install was a litmus test to see how much he could get away with.

I don't see how that's possible since they already went completely off the rails with chapter 18, not to mention other things that are diff than the original. Honestly, my number one fear with this Remake's future installment is Nomura pulls a Nomura. Some of his early Nomura-ing was actually either great (developing the background for Bigges, Wedge, Jessie) or annoying but passable (that one new biker guy), but chapter 18 made me worry though I'm still hopeful Nomura used the first install was a litmus test to see how much he could get away with.
Yeah I was really liking it until pretty much Chapter 18 and that's when it threw me for a loop. I had no clue what I was playing when I got to that point as I legitimately thought it turned into Kingdom Hearts. I agree that I'm hoping that they are just testing the waters but regardless hope they won't change anything else too dramatically.

The ending was very weird to me when I first experienced it, but there are a lot of interesting theory that does suggest that the majority of the original key story element of the original FFVII could be present but presented in a different way. It actually make me excited to see how they will handle it in the next installment.

I am looking to get rid of my 40 or so extra Steelbooks for games I don't own. Is there anywhere besides EBay to look up values to see about selling/trading? Would CAG be the best bet on selling/trading outside of EBay or is there a better option? Thanks in advance.
http://collectorsedition.org and it's web forums are a pretty great resource. I used to be much more frequent there than I am these days but I've bought plenty from those folks. Small but dedicated community. There's also a bunch of steels I'm looking for though so if you make a post in trading forum here I'd definitely take a peek! Let me know!

http://collectorsedition.org and it's web forums are a pretty great resource. I used to be much more frequent there than I am these days but I've bought plenty from those folks. Small but dedicated community. There's also a bunch of steels I'm looking for though so if you make a post in trading forum here I'd definitely take a peek! Let me know!
I haven't seen a link to that place in ages... I thought that site was basically dead?

Also, for anyone with the Doom Eternal CE, is it worth keeping? I never got around to opening it. I only bought it because of how much Doom was hyped but after actually playing it, I... didn't think much of it. I mean, it's good, yeah but nowhere near the levels people hyped it up to be. I'm pretty vanilla with games these days and I pretty agree with the general consensus on most games. Based on what I've seen Eternal is pretty much more of the same so not sure it's worth keeping anymore.

I haven't seen a link to that place in ages... I thought that site was basically dead?

Also, for anyone with the Doom Eternal CE, is it worth keeping? I never got around to opening it. I only bought it because of how much Doom was hyped but after actually playing it, I... didn't think much of it. I mean, it's good, yeah but nowhere near the levels people hyped it up to be. I'm pretty vanilla with games these days and I pretty agree with the general consensus on most games. Based on what I've seen Eternal is pretty much more of the same so not sure it's worth keeping anymore.
My head fits in the helmet, but almost does not. Helmet looks good and seems decent quality, but seen the visor scuff up super easy in one unboxing video. The lithograph is disappointing as it's just a 11x17 poster. The soundtrack is pretty cool on a cassette but I don't have anything that plays it right now (code on the label). Steelbook is very nice.

My head fits in the helmet, but almost does not. Helmet looks good and seems decent quality, but seen the visor scuff up super easy in one unboxing video. The lithograph is disappointing as it's just a 11x17 poster. The soundtrack is pretty cool on a cassette but I don't have anything that plays it right now (code on the label). Steelbook is very nice.
I actually wanted to keep it just for the helmet but now that you said it might not fit, I'm prob gonna return it if it doesn't fit... but I'm not particularly tall or big or anything so I'd wager it'd fit.

I actually wanted to keep it just for the helmet but now that you said it might not fit, I'm prob gonna return it if it doesn't fit... but I'm not particularly tall or big or anything so I'd wager it'd fit.
I have a big head. It fits but feels snug when you take it off. I've not got stuck in it yet though. :p

I absolutely loved this game (already got the plat) - you could tell the creators were real fans of the original with all the references throughout. But with Nomura at the helm, this will probably take 10+ years to finish and will be milked for all it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back