2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh ho ho, so this is the first time where MIcrosoft's 'Smart Delivery' turns around and bites consumers in the ass.

(Ubisoft wants people to be buying XSX versions of these games, not second-hand XB1 copies to use on the new systems.)
Digital versions have smart delivery too. Xsx games worth backwards on x1 with smart delivery too. There is no hidden gain here other than not paying for making a disc.

Digital versions have smart delivery too. Xsx games worth backwards on x1 with smart delivery too. There is no hidden gain here other than not paying for making a disc.
You missed the point completely. Ubisoft is making it a point to not distribute discs with the CEs that new customers can go purchase on the secondary market.

You missed the point completely. Ubisoft is making it a point to not distribute discs that people can purchase on the secondary market.
Just on the CE though. It's hardly removing the physical market. The CEs are sold out before anything is release on XSX as well. I can see how some people will be upset over the lack of disc in the CE, but it takes up the same space on the hard drive and I have ok internet, so I'm not too worried about it.

No physical game in Ubisoft Collector's Editions for XBOX. WTF

attachicon.gif
ubisoft snip.PNG

right from Ubisoft site:

https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/News/000057205/Ubisoft-Store-Changes-to-Collector-s-Edition-pre-orders-for-Xbox
Update: A Ubisoft representative clarified to Polygon that this change does not apply for customers in North America; in that region, Ubisoft’s collector’s editions will still include a physical disc copy of the game on all platforms. We’ve edited the article to reflect this.

Update: A Ubisoft representative clarified to Polygon that this change does not apply for customers in North America; in that region, Ubisoft’s collector’s editions will still include a physical disc copy of the game on all platforms. We’ve edited the article to reflect this.
That's good to hear, still weird that they would do that though in some countries. If I'm paying CE price I want a physical game included. Unless it's a cheaper CE without the game like I got the Battlefield 1 CE and a few others.

I bought 2 different Ghost Recon Wildlands CEs one was cheap on Amazon and one was like $30 at Gamestop, sold the gold edition game from one and got most my money back. I know you can sell codes too but physical is easier and you get a bit more.

I'm wondering if Ubisoft looked at the % of ppl buying digital copies in GB and made this call.  They obviously have troves of data that we will never see.  And they weighed the options and determined that they could save some money and piss off a smaller percentage of ppl in the UK than they would in the US.

Do they use the same disc across multiple countries in Europe? It might have more to do with Microsoft's print requirement being too high if they have to use a different disc for each one.

The back isn't embossed at all is it? That's how the CE steelbook is.  Either way, the front of the CE steel being on back of an already nicer looking front kinda makes this way better than the CE version.  Almost no reason to get the CE then with the hollow base cap statue and little things that will get put away.

IMG-20200824-134953.jpg
IMG-20200824-135009.jpg

Best Buy Steelbook:

$19.99 without the game.
Kind of odd that there's a steelbook bonus for a game with an official steelbook version. Can't remember the last time that happened. Sadly I still probably need to cancel this as I wasn't convinced it was going to have the depth a beat 'em up needs to in 2020. If the beta wasn't reflective of the game I'd love to hear why because I love the dev.

Kind of odd that there's a steelbook bonus for a game with an official steelbook version. Can't remember the last time that happened. Sadly I still probably need to cancel this as I wasn't convinced it was going to have the depth a beat 'em up needs to in 2020. If the beta wasn't reflective of the game I'd love to hear why because I love the dev.
Doom Eternal and Witcher 3 come to mind. I'm sure there are more.

Is the Deluxe Edition the steelbook version?

Would only be weird if it was the same steelbook. Not really an issue as that edition will be a small fraction of the sales compared to the standard/deluxe versions.

IMG-20200827-142025.jpg
IMG-20200827-142040.jpg

Best Buy Steelbook: $14.99 without the game.
Woah I’m guessing all copies of those versions are in plastic case and not steelbook? Guessing only bestbuy gets a steelbook on the side. Not buying that edition since 2k messed up letting u upgrade your $100 Kobe edition to a regular edition for next gen instead of the Kobe edition next gen.

I’ll definitely get the steelbook by itself. Wish the next gen steelbook was for individual sale as well

Finally some gameplay for koa re-reckoning.
Little underwhelming for me. Thoughts?

https://youtu.be/nRWgh8vCrfk

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
I thought it looked nice. And to the person above complaining (and I can’t multiquote since I’m on mobile,) the game is $40 & includes the two post release DLC areas that are now delisted.

I hope they give an option when the new area comes out next year to make a post campaign character like Witcher does b/c I’m not playing through that game & DLC again anytime soon (just finished the 2 DLC’s this summer.)

I thought it looked nice. And to the person above complaining (and I can’t multiquote since I’m on mobile,) the game is $40 & includes the two post release DLC areas that are now delisted.

I hope they give an option when the new area comes out next year to make a post campaign character like Witcher does b/c I’m not playing through that game & DLC again anytime soon (just finished the 2 DLC’s this summer.)
There is also a $50 version with access to a new unreleased DLC for just this version.

Anyone here get the Avengers LE/CE? Was trading into GS yesterday and my store said they only got LE/CE for preorders but had extras of the standard edition for Friday.

Waiting on my Avengers steelbook from BB and Tony Hawk CE still this week. Videos of the THPS CE seem to show the deck has different possible colors for the top of the board.  I've seen purple, green, blue, and a dark or light plain wood look. 

Is it true Walmart changes in full right away for pre-orders? Or is it a hold?
They sometimes do a holding charge when you pre-order with a new credit card, which goes away after a week or so. The actual pending charge will show up about a week before shipping and then goes through around the time they ship. Like I've had a pending charge for Tony Hawk HD 1+2 for a few days now but it hasn't gone through yet ship item hasn't shipped yet.

Waiting on my Avengers steelbook from BB and Tony Hawk CE still this week. Videos of the THPS CE seem to show the deck has different possible colors for the top of the board. I've seen purple, green, blue, and a dark or light plain wood look.
Ordered one from gs just now after watching a few vids it looks nice, yea each board has its own unique wood pattern I’ve seen blue for PS4 and green for Xbox but I’ve also seen a brown PS4 top

Anyone still waiting for their No Straight Roads PS4 CE to ship from Gamestop?  Can't find anyone that says theirs shipped yet, but I see them on Ebay and elsewhere, so maybe other retailers got them before Gamestop?

Is anyone here getting the Polymega console? Not sure if it's supposed to be limited or not. It's quite expensive, but I like the premise.

Target has horrible slow shipping for some reason. Even before all the covid stuff. I never got anything from them in 2 days lol

When pre ordering from target, expect it to never arrive on release day and expect up to a week after release. I only pre order from them nowadays and they’re pretty slow. Idk if they always have been or it’s just cuz of covid

Anyone still waiting for their No Straight Roads PS4 CE to ship from Gamestop? Can't find anyone that says theirs shipped yet, but I see them on Ebay and elsewhere, so maybe other retailers got them before Gamestop?

Preordered from Bestbuy, ETA 9/15.
My PS4 copy of the CE was preordered at Best Buy (after it initially sold out and they got more) and it was shipped and received on release date (last Thursday I think?)

I thought you went digital?

Or is this just for collection purposes a la MGS?
Wanted the board to put up on a wall. Plus, I played the shit out of THPS 1&2 back in the day, so a bit of nostalgia lol.

Might just flip the game and keep the board since I had ordered it digitally way back when it was announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back