2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
Still no update from Amazon on the Amalur CE orders. According to their Discord they sent out the units last week and this is all an issue on Amazon's end.

Got my Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning Collector's Edition for Xbox today from Amazon. No padding at all in the box, but only got scuffed up a little bit from sliding around in the box.

Walmart just sent me an email saying they have canceled my Pre-Order of the the Cyberpunk CE for PS4. I checked their item listings and Cyberpunk CE isn't even listed there anymore. No explanation given for my order being canceled.

Walmart just sent me an email saying they have canceled my Pre-Order of the the Cyberpunk CE for PS4. I checked their item listings and Cyberpunk CE isn't even listed there anymore. No explanation given for my order being canceled.
Wouldn't surprise me if covid has effected their initial allotment numbers.

I'm really surprised there's that much demand for Amalur TBH. I played half an hour of that trash before uninstalling it years ago.

I'm really surprised there's that much demand for Amalur TBH. I played half an hour of that trash before uninstalling it years ago.
There isn't that much demand, people just want it now because it's limited and their collecting OCD trigger FOMO. No one wanted it in the week+ it was up for pre-order.

There isn't that much demand, people just want it now because it's limited and their collecting OCD trigger FOMO. No one wanted it in the week+ it was up for pre-order.
LOL I won't lie, I wouldn't mind having a copy now because it actually seems rare. But I'd wager people are going to eventually forget about this game and the demand for the CE will subside. I'm sure everyone's got more worthless CEs than not.

I just got a order cancellation email from Amazon that the FF7 Polygon figures... anyone else? I've had these preordered since day 1. 

Super pissed, they're sold out everywhere. 

I just got a order cancellation email from Amazon that the FF7 Polygon figures... anyone else? I've had these preordered since day 1.

Super pissed, they're sold out everywhere.
I got my cancellation about a week ago. Yup had them preordered since day one. My guess is amazon never got them.

The polygon figures being blind box makes it such a scam. If they sold them as individual figures it would make more sense. But as a set? Imagine buying a set and getting 3 of the same figure, just a total rip off.

I hope it does, it's not cheap. I guess we'll find out. Still debating on ordering.
It is a full set, you will get at least one of every character. The eighth figure is randomized. It is only truly a blind box if a retailer buy the set and sell them individually out of the box it came in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hCSZcefmFQ

Pretty sure it was the guide right? I remember having to rip it off and send it in for a replacement.

These days, games don't even come with manuals.
Yep, the mini-guide/art book would smear ink all over just from normal handling. Had to rip off the cover and send it as PoP to get a replacement. Mine is still sealed with the defective booklet. Wonder if it would fetch anything now. . .

Yep, the mini-guide/art book would smear ink all over just from normal handling. Had to rip off the cover and send it as PoP to get a replacement. Mine is still sealed with the defective booklet. Wonder if it would fetch anything now. . .
Oh yeah. The Deluxe sealed goes for ~$300. And the Deluxe Edition with the artbook/soundtrack CD goes for much more. At least on eBay.

I got one sitting sealed sitting somewhere too but can't remember if it's sealed with the artbook or not. I know I also have the Phantom Black Edition sealed somewhere.

Oh yeah. The Deluxe sealed goes for ~$300. And the Deluxe Edition with the artbook/soundtrack CD goes for much more. At least on eBay.

I got one sitting sealed sitting somewhere too but can't remember if it's sealed with the artbook or not. I know I also have the Phantom Black Edition sealed somewhere.
Ooh, with the remaster coming now I could probably offload it. Time to sell methinks. :shock:

Does anyone here who still has GCU have it work right now? I got a month left of it and it isn't working for me. Probably because BB's website is so crap right now.

NISA just shared an up-close pic of TOCS 4 steelbook.
33143974a4ff994015a7e9f70423e5b6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Because it was originally supposed to come out this Friday I think and not everyone stays up to date with the games they preorder. So they’re just covering their ass.
No, the e-mail also says if they can't ship by September 24th, they will cancel the order. This is yet another Best Buy screw up and unfortunately, unless they correct every single pre-order in time, they will be cancelled as they have been on several occasions previously.

This happened with LoU2 and a bunch of other games this year. Hopefully bb fixes it but every time there are people who get theirs cancelled and bb doesn't make it right for them.

No, the e-mail also says if they can't ship by September 24th, they will cancel the order. This is yet another Best Buy screw up and unfortunately, unless they correct every single pre-order in time, they will be cancelled as they have been on several occasions previously.
Aw... fuck. I hope I don't see this. This happened to me with GoT CE.

That's a bit much for a box of art cards. Though for me, any CE with no steelbook is a waste of money (or has a really nice statue to make up for it)
When you consider the "switch tax" that most games get, these would likely be $50 for each physical copy. So really the extra $50 is for the digital soundtracks, art books, pin, art cards and premium box. Buy yeah, I agree that they could have either done more or charged less.

I flipped when I saw that Ori set, because in the direct it looked like it included two Steelbooks.

Then I went to the site. Saw the price tag; saw the lack of Steelbooks; saw the audacity to only give digital soundtracks instead of CDs. Then, I saw that they are going to have regular editions available at retail later this year as well.

Sorry iam8bit...I'll wait for the cheaper standalone carts. $150 is ABSURD for that.

Why do you think NIS America added a steelbook to the DIsgaea 6 LE but not one for the Ys IX: Monstrum Nox Limited Edition and they cost the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back