2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really. You just need to make sure to spread the force flat along your finger so you aren't pressing directly down with your fingertip.
But looking at all the youtube videos on it, it's all just the fingertip?

Edit: Color me confused.

iZufJGz.png

YzBgXbz.png

Nb4HZEL.png

The press version can damage the artwork, in my experience, but in the back... like the pressure on the disc holder causes imprints on the back side of the case artwork. 

Drop method didn't work for me. I'll try it a few times and if not, just leave them be. If they're stored and stacked, having a loose disc isn't really gonna matter. It was just triggering my OCD.

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes went up on Kickstarter today. There were some editions that came with resin statues, but they went really fast and were each several hundred dollars. Suikoden is my favorite RPG series of all-time so I picked a happy medium. I ordered the one with the soundtrack, artbook, physical copy, and beta. It came to like $140 or so. I feel good about backing it.

The only problem is 2 years is a long wait, not sure what console to even get it on. It advertised as being on Nintendo's next console and it isn't even a thing yet lol.
I know it's a bit late -- but just wondering how many of us added the Steelbook to the backing pledge? It looked REALLY nice! Also, shout-out to those who still love Suikoden! ;)

And... I guess... happy CE hunting al! (Been a few years I think since I was last around).

I know it's a bit late -- but just wondering how many of us added the Steelbook to the backing pledge? It looked REALLY nice! Also, shout-out to those who still love Suikoden! ;)

And... I guess... happy CE hunting al! (Been a few years I think since I was last around).
Huh? What steelbook? I backed the Hundred Heroes tier but don't see an Steelbook mentioned anywhere in any tier.

Huh? What steelbook? I backed the Hundred Heroes tier but don't see an Steelbook mentioned anywhere in any tier.
Was one of the add-ons:

74038216f9f0c2390ce7e0bd0072a6b4_original.png

They did them kind of wonky and were added right near the end of the campaign (in addition to the stand-alone game which was another issue). So they MIGHT make it available to backers again later since they said they wanted to keep the $7 option for the standalone game still open for backers too.

I got the cloth map, steelbook, and I think the cards if I remember right.

Was one of the add-ons:

74038216f9f0c2390ce7e0bd0072a6b4_original.png

They did them kind of wonky and were added right near the end of the campaign (in addition to the stand-alone game which was another issue). So they MIGHT make it available to backers again later since they said they wanted to keep the $7 option for the standalone game still open for backers too.

I got the cloth map, steelbook, and I think the cards if I remember right.
Well shit... I usually look for this stuff with backerkits and whatnot. I honestly think this campaign is off to a fairly bad start, it seems really poorly organized (well, more so than the average KS).

Well shit... I usually look for this stuff with backerkits and whatnot. I honestly think this campaign is off to a fairly bad start, it seems really poorly organized (well, more so than the average KS).
Yep, I opted not to back for this exact reason. I got bad vibes and they seem to have way overpromised, especially with regard to rewards.

Yep, I opted not to back for this exact reason. I got bad vibes and they seem to have way overpromised, especially with regard to rewards.
Yeah... I'm REALLY hoping it's not like the last one that got me to back it... Project Phoenix... The shear support for this one shows how much the Suikoden fanbase has been wanting (and trying) to rally behind things for what, 2 decades?? If they tank this it might as well be the nail in the coffin that the fans of the series need to just say "RIP". Buuuttt... I'll remain hopefully optimistic! At least they're WAY more involved with the community than *ahem* other KS projects ever were.

Hitman 3 Deluxe Edition will be distributed by LRG exclusively in US. Open order and aim to release by launch date (lol). Unknown if there will be a proper CE or if this is it.
b4af1dfec6d0ca269d6b19c66608c3d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Hitman 3 Deluxe Edition will be distributed by LRG exclusively in US. Open order and aim to release by launch date (lol). Unknown if there will be a proper CE or if this is it.
b4af1dfec6d0ca269d6b19c66608c3d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
No steelbook, so it's a very safe wait on a sale since I got plenty enough of pre-order. I don't care about a game being physical or not. Even some games I get rid of I keep the steelbook. With Xbox most games end up on gamepass anywho.

Anyone here getting the Sackboy special edition?

I pre-ordered it, but thinking of cancelling. Not sure if the plush interests me at all.

I'm gonna cancel the XIII limited edition I have pre-ordered.  There are games I'm way more interested in and the metal pak case isn't that great looking.

I decided I want to order that Polymega system because I've been in a nostalgic mood and want to bring out some of my old school games to play. Currently sold out at Walmart. I'd think they'll restock at least I hope anyway. I wan't planning to order til December since November is going to massacre my wallet.

The Nintendo Switch - Animal Crossing: New Horizons Edition is $299 from Amazon right now, looks like they restocked it if anyone wanted one for regular price.

Future Press just announced Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition Guide. Comes out in November. $49.99. 832 pages!

https://www.future-press.com/shop/horizon-zero-dawn-complete-edition/

ETA: Preorders are up on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/3869931078/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=horizon+zero+dawn+guide&qid=1602884513&sr=8-5
That's odd... wonder why they're releasing this now since the complete edition's been around for what, 3 years now?

Oh look, NIS magically has a "small restock" of Ryza 2 for both systems with a full stock meter again.
Wow, LOL. That's just shady.

I'm guessing they either allocated some PS4 copies to Switch, then put them up, or stole from Europe. Cause the Switch version sold out when the PS4 version was at 75%, but both versions disappeared.

Kinda back on the topic of Totaku, I found Female V and Johnny in store at gamestop today.  I got to looking for Male V and it's nowhere but $35 on amazon.  I'm fine with 2 of them then. I never messed with them and looked at a few others and the Joanna Dark one looks really derpy.  If it wasn't Cyberpunk I'd prolly not bother.

I was at my local comic book store and just saw a really cool hardcover book that I've never seen before.  It's basically an encyclopedia for SNES cartridges, with a single page showcasing each game, giving a brief synopsis, and then showing a couple screenshots. There have been countless versions of these Nintendo / VG coffee table books made before, but this one is legit and is presented very nicely.  Seems like a really good catalogue for SNES titles and its 416 pages with little filler.

The SNES Omnibus:  The Super Nintendo and Its Games, Vol. 1 (A-M) Hardcover  $33.99  ($49.99 MSRP)

SNES-Omnibus-cover.jpg

SNES-Omnibus.jpg

Canceled my Cyberpunk CE, running out of room and really just like steelbooks now. Gamestop has the game with $20 game coin so I'll get it there. Had the CE paid off with Amazon gc so applied the credit to my Series X. Gonna see if I can get those Best buy steelbooks or the CE one on ebay at some point though.

My polygon FFVII figures shipped from BBTS. I chose their standard shipping. Hope it's still good and I didn't need to choose to collector shipping.

My polygon FFVII figures shipped from BBTS. I chose their standard shipping. Hope it's still good and I didn't need to choose to collector shipping.
Unless they changed it this year- standard shipping is slow but they still use the same strong as fuck boxes and high quality bubble wrap. Like I've never had a damaged item from them using standard shipping. I always save their boxes and bubble wrap, they're great for storage.

Still waiting for mine to ship from them- curious to see what chase figure I'll get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back