2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
My Halo statue box had a big sticker on it, and when I peeled it off, it left a big sticker residue. Anyone have experience getting it off? Google said rubbing alcohol and a credit card to scrape it off.
Do not use rubbing alcohol unless it's a last resort. Rubbing alcohol is strong enough to remove the finish of some paper material (fine on plastic or glossy paper) but even then, it's not really meant to remove adhesive.

I would have said use the original sticker and just re-apply it to the stop and remove it (carefully) and it would likely take off some of the residue with it- do this a few times and it should take off all the adhesive. But I'm assuming you toss that sticker.

Goo gone is prob your best bet but it is an oil and is kinda hard to work with. WD40 is another alternative- just as messy but more watery in terms of viscosity, but prob something you already have in your house. Put a little bit of either Goo Gone or WD40 on a paper towel and rub the area where the adhesive is.

Do not use rubbing alcohol unless it's a last resort. Rubbing alcohol is strong enough to remove the finish of some paper material (fine on plastic or glossy paper) but even then, it's not really meant to remove adhesive.

I would have said use the original sticker and just re-apply it to the stop and remove it (carefully) and it would likely take off some of the residue with it- do this a few times and it should take off all the adhesive. But I'm assuming you toss that sticker.

Goo gone is prob your best bet but it is an oil and is kinda hard to work with. WD40 is another alternative- just as messy but more watery in terms of viscosity, but prob something you already have in your house. Put a little bit of either Goo Gone or WD40 on a paper towel and rub the area where the adhesive is.
The residue is on the plastic clear portion. Would rubbing alcohol be ok then?

The residue is on the plastic clear portion. Would rubbing alcohol be ok then?
Yeah, rubbing alcohol won't do anything to clear plastic (any plastic that's not painted on) but rubbing alcohol doesn't really remove sticker residue. Plus scraping it with a credit card would just scuffing up the plastic. You might want to just grab some scotch tape and use the apply/remove trick first (make sure to leave one end of the tape folded so it doesn't fully stick).

Yeah, rubbing alcohol won't do anything to clear plastic (any plastic that's not painted on) but rubbing alcohol doesn't really remove sticker residue. Plus scraping it with a credit card would just scuffing up the plastic. You might want to just grab some scotch tape and use the apply/remove trick first (make sure to leave one end of the tape folded so it doesn't fully stick).
I'll try the alcohol with just a paper towel, and if not I guess I'll order Goo Gone.

Is the only difference between the AC: Valhalla Ultimate Edition the Berserker pack? What does it even do?

I could have sworn the ad for the Valhalla CE on the Ubisoft Store originally advertised it as a Ubisoft Store exclusive steelbook. Is it or are all the Ultimate Editions the same?

My GameStop has 12 of the Game and Watch's and they are first come, first serve, on Friday. They opening an hour early again that day b/c it's also Call of Duty day.

My GameStop has 12 of the Game and Watch's and they are first come, first serve, on Friday. They opening an hour early again that day b/c it's also Call of Duty day.
Gamestop I went to told me they aren't allowed to tell me how much they got in stock. Smh

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

I think UPS lost my Yakuza BB steelbook. It was out for delivery and the UPS follow delivery showed it on my street when the UPS truck pulled up. I went over to the driver when he was ready to drive away after delivering a package to a neighbor and told him and he checked the truck and said no packages in here with your address.

Who knows.

I think UPS lost my Yakuza BB steelbook. It was out for delivery and the UPS follow delivery showed it on my street when the UPS truck pulled up. I went over to the driver when he was ready to drive away after delivering a package to a neighbor and told him and he checked the truck and said no packages in here with your address.

Who knows.
I had a similar situation with Best Buy as well. I bought Shenmue 3 that came with a free steelbook. BB said both items were delivered. But only received the game. Called up BB and they ended up sending me a new steelbook that ended up arriving in about 3 days. Then 2 days later I received the original steelbook I ordered with the game. So I would say just wait it out a bit. Funny it said it was delivered so idk what was that about.

I had a similar situation with Best Buy as well. I bought Shenmue 3 that came with a free steelbook. BB said both items were delivered. But only received the game. Called up BB and they ended up sending me a new steelbook that ended up arriving in about 3 days. Then 2 days later I received the original steelbook I ordered with the game. So I would say just wait it out a bit. Funny it said it was delivered so idk what was that about.

Yeah, I'll wait a few days and see.

Since people here are collectors and likely own a lot of consoles, does anyone here have experience with HDMI switches? With the XSX and PS5 coming out, I'm going to need one, but the Amazon reviews always have so many people complaining. Maybe I'm just allowing those to make me paranoid. Does anyone here who has a 4K TV use a 4K HDMI switch and have you noticed any drop in quality in both normal settings or HDR?

From what I've seen, every Best Buy store got a full case of Game and Watch which is 36 units. :D
That seems like a fairly decent number. Wish there was a way to know how hard this would to get before so I could decide on my Amazon UK copy... which is prob too late to cancel now since it's showing up as a charge on my CC right now.

That seems like a fairly decent number. Wish there was a way to know how hard this would to get before so I could decide on my Amazon UK copy... which is prob too late to cancel now since it's showing up as a charge on my CC right now.
Yeah, I hope it goes up soon enough to cancel before it ships as well. I don't really need a second just to have one box that says "Color Screen" and another that says "Colour Screen"

Since people here are collectors and likely own a lot of consoles, does anyone here have experience with HDMI switches? With the XSX and PS5 coming out, I'm going to need one, but the Amazon reviews always have so many people complaining. Maybe I'm just allowing those to make me paranoid. Does anyone here who has a 4K TV use a 4K HDMI switch and have you noticed any drop in quality in both normal settings or HDR?
Someone here recommended a Vellbox 4K HDMI switch which I got from Amazon. I use it with my PS4 Pro and Xbox One X and there are no issues.

Went to pick up Yakuza Like A Dragon at Bestbuy, they almost gave me 2 copies of the game lol. Apparently, whoever picked my order got careless thinking the free steelbook is the same thing as the Day 1 copy

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

I cancelled one of my nba 2k21 with free steelbook and apparently only the steelbook was cancelled. I asked them to cancel the whole order for me

Wow, local pickup even. Did they find a warehouse of these lol? I sold the backpack for over $150 alone when these came out. How odd.

I got the non-backpack CE and other than the steelbook I was pretty disappointed. It does not help the game isn't very enjoyable. It's well made, but could not like the story at all.

So Ubisoft JUST sent me tracking info on Monday when it was delivered last Tuesday.

I almost lost a Metro Exodus CE because of the lack of shipping notifications at launch. I just had a missed delivery sticker from Fedex and then a different Fedex truck delivered something and thought they tried twice the same day. Then they tried the next day and said I had to drive an hour to pick it up before it was sent back.

Edit: Ready for my Xbox tomorrow!

Ez79pAx.jpg

Thanks for posting this. Anyone that missed out though, don’t feel bad. Just received mine and it was obviously a damaged open box return they sold as new. Looks like complete crap. Has best buy inspection stickers all over it that cannot be removed, really on there, one side ripped open, seals all cut. Bestbuy trying to one up GameStop here and making good progress with just one item. Anyone else have the same experience?

Thanks for posting this. Anyone that missed out though, don’t feel bad. Just received mine and it was obviously a damaged open box return they sold as new. Looks like complete crap. Has best buy inspection stickers all over it that cannot be removed, really on there, one side ripped open, seals all cut. Bestbuy trying to one up GameStop here and making good progress with just one item. Anyone else have the same experience?
This may be common practice with them, I personally have not experienced it. But it made me think and wonder how certain retailers may change business practices going forward to save money if they've been hit hard from the pandemic.

This may be common practice with them, I personally have not experienced it. But it made me think and wonder how certain retailers may change business practices going forward to save money if they've been hit hard from the pandemic.
Never had this issue either but I'd wager these were all supposed to be sold as open box and instead got mixed up as new. I doubt they'd intentionally do this bc now they gotta process returns/return shipping.

Mine was still factory sealed but the bottom and sides were covered in security tape, and it was shipped in a bag with the 3 shipping labels slapped on the box. Outer box is now damaged from trying to get all the stuff off, couldn't get the 3rd shipping label off.

People give GS shit, but I would buy a CE from them over BB anytime.

Mine was still factory sealed but the bottom and sides were covered in security tape, and it was shipped in a bag with the 3 shipping labels slapped on the box. Outer box is now damaged from trying to get all the stuff off, couldn't get the 3rd shipping label off.

People give GS shit, but I would buy a CE from them over BB anytime.
Yeah, those stickers are not coming off without leaving a mark. I called bestbuy and got an offer for 10% back, but declined. The damage is worse than $20 I think. I’m going to just return it in store I guess. The rep was really resistant to any possibility that it was an open box return sold as new, that it was impossible, or I must have accidentally clicked to buy an “open box” option even though that didn’t show in my order at all or reflect any discount. If you want 10% back that’s probably obtainable, but not enough for me.

yooooo how has Cyberpunk shipped?!?  Does that mean we are going to be able to play it early?  Or are the interwebs going to lock us out of the game?

Yay Cyberpunk!  Maybe since it had already gone gold, they just sent out the CEs early. That's nice!

I just wonder how bad ebay will hurt to get the other 3 steelbooks for pre-order.  I want em all!

Ordered cyberpunk during targets b2g1 and got it for $40 so Ofcourse I’ll probably getting a week later after release. Same with dmc SE for sure

Not sure if this is the thread for it but Yakuza: Like a Dragon is on sale for $35 at Best Buy for PS4/Xbox. This is the edition that is supposed to include two steelbooks. PS4 edition includes a free upgrade for PS5 (that version releases in March, saves don't transfer over).

edit: Amazon has the PS4 version for this same price, but it doesn't include the additional steelbook.

Not sure if this is the thread for it but Yakuza: Like a Dragon is on sale for $35 at Best Buy for PS4/Xbox. This is the edition that is supposed to include two steelbooks. PS4 edition includes a free upgrade for PS5 (that version releases in March, saves don't transfer over).

edit: Amazon has the PS4 version for this same price, but it doesn't include the additional steelbook.
Thanks a lot, will return my Amazon purchase for sure haha

My bestbuy cyberpunk for PC shipped. What a nice surprise I am ready with my 3080 to play it!

I have a feeling they marked all of these as shipped to beat the 11/30 cancellation date as mine that "shipped" yesterday is still saying awaiting UPS pickup.
I have it PO'd at BB and mine still hasn't shipped... hope I don't get screwed by BB like I did with Ghost of Tsushima.:whistle2:(

My BB shipped one says  Wednesday but it's still on label created. I'm skeptical I'll get it then because I also have two other games that shipped, one was due today and it's still stuck on label created and another due tomorrow and same thing just label created.

Has anyone ever had this happen before with Amazon? I ordered Crash 4 on Black Friday and it shipped on Sunday via Amazon. The tracking even had the TBA at the beginning. It said it would arrive today, but earlier today it updated and said it would not be arriving on time and the last tracking update I got said it arrived in Texas on Sunday, which is many states away.

I checked just now and the tracking number completely changed. It now begins with 1Z which is always a UPS tracking number.

Is it normal for an item shipped by Amazon to be picked up by another carrier service midway through the delivery route and change tracking numbers? The new tracking number doesn't even work.

My BB shipped one says Wednesday but it's still on label created. I'm skeptical I'll get it then because I also have two other games that shipped, one was due today and it's still stuck on label created and another due tomorrow and same thing just label created.
Got the ups email saying it will be delivered tomorrow. Package was picked up and is in transit from GA

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back