2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this is the thread for it but Yakuza: Like a Dragon is on sale for $35 at Best Buy for PS4/Xbox. This is the edition that is supposed to include two steelbooks. PS4 edition includes a free upgrade for PS5 (that version releases in March, saves don't transfer over).

edit: Amazon has the PS4 version for this same price, but it doesn't include the additional steelbook.
Did not see this before but thanks for posting! I bought this on release but you just saved me $25, since I can return the original purchase. Really dumb BB won't PM but whatever, their loss.

Just received the Cyberpunk CE. I was not expecting it to be so massive. Funny enough, the box it was shipped in said do net sell until December 10th.

Did not see this before but thanks for posting! I bought this on release but you just saved me $25, since I can return the original purchase. Really dumb BB won't PM but whatever, their loss.
Use chat. They are giving me a price match :) The auto thing never works right for me.

No problem. Hope you enjoy the game as much as I did when you get around to playing it. It's such a breath of fresh air for the franchise.

No problem. Hope you enjoy the game as much as I did when you get around to playing it. It's such a breath of fresh air for the franchise.
I'm really enjoying LAD. I'm at the end and spent the past 3 days leveling up. Gonna try to push through tonight and try the end towers when the story is done.

Mine is out for delivery, but the live map has it pretty far away. Feels like this is gonna be a late delivery tonight. I've gotten UPS packages as late as 10 pm sometimes, so I'll see.

oh crap, there's no hiding that one from the wife. i'm starting to regret this one...
Let her chew you out for the next few days, when she's not around take out the game and contents, and pack her Xmas gift inside the CE box. And then on Christmas, she'll see it was a present for her and that it was simply boxed in a video game box the whole time and feel bad.

And then divorce her if you want. Your call.

I don’t get it. Wives aren’t really your parents and even if they were, it’s your hard earned money. It’s spent on something you like, not like your cheating so they should be fine with it

Haha, appreciate the funny comments and advice. It's more I realize how much space it takes up that I'm also running out of. I need to figure out quickly if I'm going to like this game as much as The Witcher or is it too much like GTA, which I got kinda bored of. I know, some real first world problems we got going on here.

I don’t get it. Wives aren’t really your parents and even if they were, it’s your hard earned money. It’s spent on something you like, not like your cheating so they should be fine with it
I mean, unless you're missing house payments with joint funds. . .

Lol, for us she has handbags and I have board games. As long as bills are paid and we have enough saved then we're happy.

Well, looks like Best Buy just started recalling undelivered Cyber CEs.  I just got a notification from UPS that my CE which was already out for delivery today has been tagged for return by the sender.  

Well, looks like Best Buy just started recalling undelivered Cyber CEs. I just got a notification from UPS that my CE which was already out for delivery today has been tagged for return by the sender.
Wow, that's so lame.

I got mine yesterday. Why go through all that trouble to reroute items back to the warehouse that they're just gonna end up shipping back in a few days once they arrive?

I'm sure the publisher started seeing people playing the game and then notified the distributor. It's very frustrating because I'm sure it's going to be damaged having to go through the shipping process twice.
I don't think it'll be damaged. It has no room to move in that box, it's the manufacturer's box and the CE box is pretty hefty. It's not the type of internal box that could really crunch unless the thing fell from a considerable distance or something incredibly heavy landed on it.

I've gotten 14 emails from BBY to review my pre-order information... 8 for the bonus steelbook and 4 for the CE. I have no idea what the diff in the emails are, they all look the same. 

I've gotten 14 emails from BBY to review my pre-order information... 8 for the bonus steelbook and 4 for the CE. I have no idea what the diff in the emails are, they all look the same.
I did too. Every once in a while Best Buy spazzes out.

Also, I haven't gotten emails from my last 2 Best Buy games that shipped for some reason.

Same. All for the steel book. It won’t let me change anything and I’m concerned they’ll cancel it.

My cyberpunk was out for delivery and now says return requested. It better not get cancelled or sold to someone else.

I just got an email from Best Buy telling me to please not stream or sell Cyberpunk to someone else.
Me too.

We are reaching out to you regarding the Collector's Edition copy of Cyberpunk 2077 you ordered from us and that we shipped to you early, before the game’s official launch date.

We know how much heart and passion the developers of the game put into its creation and how important it is for them to provide gamers across the world with the same experience on launch day. Because of that, we ask that you please keep this game to yourself and not stream or resell it.

In order for everyone to have the best experience possible, we recommend waiting to play until the official launch day, Dec. 10.

Sincerely,

Your Best Buy Customer Care Team

Got a call from GS saying the FE 30th should be in tomorrow... but that they're unsure as to how many copies they'll receive, so that I should wait until I get a call from them and not just show up. 

Great. 

If they send you 8 steelbook and 4 CE by mistake can you send the extra this way?

I ordered a game from BB that was stuck on "label created" for like a week and today they sent out a replacement because they considered it lost.

Just now I got an update that my original package was found and it's on the way.

I've heard stories of BB banning people who trigger something in their algorithm, could they ban my account for this?

Got a call from GS saying the FE 30th should be in tomorrow... but that they're unsure as to how many copies they'll receive, so that I should wait until I get a call from them and not just show up.

Great.
They called me yesterday to let me know it would be ready to pickup tomorrow so think I made the cut. That's at least reassuring as I had to cancel some funko's I had re-ordered during the B2G1 that my store never even had shipped to them after 3 weeks.

When people said that shipping would be messed up this season, I imagined delays. But what they should have said is that some items may not ever be shipped period.

So is anyone else getting "review your pre-order" emails from BestBuy for Cyberpunk 2077 and the bonus steelbook? I've gotten like 20 now... it seems like it's mostly the steelbook causing this. 

So is anyone else getting "review your pre-order" emails from BestBuy for Cyberpunk 2077 and the bonus steelbook? I've gotten like 20 now... it seems like it's mostly the steelbook causing this.
No but my CE says returned and that I've been refunded, but the email says I'll still get it on launch. This has me worried. :/

Yeah I've gotten about 15 at this point. Very annoying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back