2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Really hating BestBuy right now. Preordered FF7 rebirth back in December just to get the steelbook (that shows up on my order).

Guess what? no steelbook and their "customer service" does not give a crap.

When I worked at Old Navy back in high school (25 years ago....ouch), we had special blades for opening boxes. They only stuck out a few millimeters so that you wouldn't accidentally slice through the clothes when you cut the packaging tape. It's not that hard to do it the right way. Best Buy just doesn't care to make sure employees are using the right tools.
Any company producing a collectible like this should be investing in idiot proof packaging so this isn't even possible. The fact that the Scanavo doesn't do this with every box of steelbooks they ship is mindboggling.

Any company producing a collectible like this should be investing in idiot proof packaging so this isn't even possible. The fact that the Scanavo doesn't do this with every box of steelbooks they ship is mindboggling.

Yeah I mean I've heard people say their SBs in brand new/sealed CEs come with slashes on the SB so it's very well possible that this is a bigger problem than BB.

Wow the Tekken 8 Collector's Edition from Bandai Namco is on sale from $300 to $150. I'd be mad if I bought that a little over a month ago. About the price it should've been anyway.

Hope the Unicorn Overlord CE goes on sale... just finished FF7 and this is looking like the next RPG based on the reviews. About to check out the demo.

Hope the Unicorn Overlord CE goes on sale... just finished FF7 and this is looking like the next RPG based on the reviews. About to check out the demo.
Of note, it does come with an exclusive card game that's not available otherwise. It has reviewed fairly well amongst those that got it, and will likely become a largely sought cult classic down the road. I've held onto an additional CE for now and expect it would double in value once sold out.

The Unicorn Overlord Switch CE has been going in and out of stock on Amazon. Managed to get one two days ago

Attachments

• IMG_1990.jpeg
    IMG_1990.jpeg
    309 KB · Views: 18
Oh cool, got my Dragon's Dogma 2 Steelbook arrived same time as my game...annnnnd it has a visible slash on the spine. Right on the "o" in Dogma.

Seriously, how hard can it be to NOT be a dumbass when handling items like this?

Oh cool, got my Dragon's Dogma 2 Steelbook arrived same time as my game...annnnnd it has a visible slash on the spine. Right on the "o" in Dogma.

Seriously, how hard can it be to NOT be a dumbass when handling items like this?
I feel for you... I've got tons of slashed SBs and games from Best Buy, it's insane.

Part of me thinks it's just BB doing this on purpose to people who buy games for the SB and later return them to keep the SB for $10.

Unicorn Overlord CE came in mint condition, my Dragon’s Dogma steelbook came in a box but it has a spine slash on it. Will be happy when BBY shuts down, they ‘specialize’ in steel books but can’t train their employees to handle them properly. Walmart has been less of a headache when it comes to steels

Usually a horizontal line across the spine that scratches the metal itself. Careless box cutter damage basically.

For some people, it happens a lot. I assume the workers at their store/warehouse just keep doing it. Personally, I've only ever seen like one or two.

Has anyone gone through the trouble of taking them up to a local Best Buy and trying to get them exchanged? Does Best Buy even carry the physical games/steelbooks anymore? Oh how far they have fallen since the 20% off all pre-orders days when they were the go-to for all game pre-orders.
As much as I hate to say it, I really hope Amazon or Walmart steps up and starts grabbing these exclusive Steelbooks.

Has anyone gone through the trouble of taking them up to a local Best Buy and trying to get them exchanged? Does Best Buy even carry the physical games/steelbooks anymore? Oh how far they have fallen since the 20% off all pre-orders days when they were the go-to for all game pre-orders.
As much as I hate to say it, I really hope Amazon or Walmart steps up and starts grabbing these exclusive Steelbooks.

For Rebirth, I had one in store pick up and on shipped order. The in store one, I got there pretty early and pointed out the slash on the SB as soon as I got it. The employee said sorry and let me check the other ones, and they all had slashes. I picked the best one available, which was still semi slashed.

Anyone know where I can get a Lies of P Deluxe Edition for XBox w/o paying $400 for the 1 copy listed on EBay? Mercari hasn’t had a listing for it since January.

Did anyone purchased BG3 and got an email from UPS for something weighted 3lbs shipping from Technicolor warehouse? Trying to narrow down what this could be

Edit Nvm just figured out some stuff I ordered from Xseed

Last edited:
The P3R CE is $170 w/ an extra 10% off @ Amazon. Would probably bite if it were the PS4/5 version... already have almost all the achievements on the Xbox versions via GP.

It doesn't look like the Gold Edition has a steelbook this time, going by page descriptions. $110 for the game with 3-day early access and two future DLC packs basically. Wow. That's a horrible gold edition.

Sad to see Ubisoft keep choosing day1 Gold Editions still. They have trained me to not buy their stuff anywhere near release.

SEs become $20, and GEs become $50-60. Sooner or later you decide on a complete-game experience which is heavily discounted.

I wonder if target allows the old buy and return for the game but keep the steel book like BestBuy does. This game is going to be $40 in less than a month after release, so it's not worth paying full price based on just that. Not to mention, if the game is good or not.

It doesn't look like the Gold Edition has a steelbook this time, going by page descriptions. $110 for the game with 3-day early access and two future DLC packs basically. Wow. That's a horrible gold edition.

Dunno if they updated it after you posted but it's on both Gold Editions now.

Dunno if they updated it after you posted but it's on both Gold Editions now.
I think the post is about Ubisoft having a different exclusive steelbook for Gold Editions in the past. Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, and Frontiers of Pandora all had a gold steelbook exclusive to one retailer (Gamestop usually) and it was different from the pre-order and CE steelbooks.

Sad to see Ubisoft keep choosing day1 Gold Editions still. They have trained me to not buy their stuff anywhere near release.

SEs become $20, and GEs become $50-60. Sooner or later you decide on a complete-game experience which is heavily discounted.

effing shrinkflation, gold edition still cost $100-110 like it used to years ago, but steelbook is no longer part of the higher tier edition

Either way, the game isn't worth their desperate attempt to get cash flowing again. It will be $30 by Christmas and that's what I'm willing to wait for.

bread's done
Back