2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the dumb "nipple" Pikachu 3DS XL and used it until the MH4U n3DS XL came out. I was excited for the last Pikachu n3DS XL but found out about the whole IPS/TN thing and my Monster Hunder 3DS ended up having dual IPS and the dual TN Pikachu n3DS XL didn't look that great. 

I tried to avoid falling into that screen trap for the sake of my sanity, but I used the Nipple-Chu one forever until the New 3DS models came out, used the Animal Crossing New 3DS for a while and collected a lot of plates for it, then swapped to the other Pikachu New 3DS XL and haven't even used my other New 3DS's outside of opening the boxes to get the plates out

I got the Sackboy SE in today.  I was surprised at how nice it was for a little plush toy and artbook with the game.

Also sent back the PS4 Persona Strikers without a steelbook and got the full refund.

Oddworld is one of those things that just never clicked with me. Absolutely hideous character designs in a grotesque world. It's like Salad Fingers: 3d edition

Who is the target demographic?

Did anyone's Monster Hunter Rise Console ship from whatever retailer you ordered from? I ordered mine from Best Buy still not shipped yet and usually I get stuff from them on release day.

I grew up playing oddworld and would love to own a physical ps5 copy and a steelbook but if it’s free then I guess I’ll just be getting digital

Did the prices spike from COVID? I have both the Pikachu 3DS models and the Pokemon Red/Blue and Mario Black New 3DS (With a shitload of face plates) and checked eBay and it seems like everything has doubled since the last I checked.

Kinda regretting selling my Zelda console a while ago

EDIT: I just checked the price on the Pokemon console. Holy shitballs, if I wasn't deadset on keeping all my Pokemon stuff for collection/nostalgia purposes, I'd insta sell that thing. Even the used ones with the box and both plates are going for $700+....
I agree. Also anything Pokemon-related is hot cakes these days.

A few years ago I would've jumped on that steelbook but I've really got collector's fatigue from all these companies trying to shove FOMO physicals at me. I think I'm fine with digital in the PS5 era when the price makes sense, and free certainly checks that box.

I agree. Also anything Pokemon-related is hot cakes these days.
Ugh, don't remind me. I've been wanting a Charizard card from the original base series or whatever since he's my fave and I was looking on eBay pre-COVID and they were going for like $50-60. EarlyCOVID, prices jumped and I figured they'd come back down to more normal levels but holy shit, they just keep going up and up and now they're at a point where even if they come down, it'll still be way more than I want to spend.

It's crazy how with COVID, some people don't have money to feed themselves and other people have money to buy stuff just to collect. I feel like we're in for another roaring 20s situation here.........

Ugh, don't remind me. I've been wanting a Charizard card from the original base series or whatever since he's my fave and I was looking on eBay pre-COVID and they were going for like $50-60. EarlyCOVID, prices jumped and I figured they'd come back down to more normal levels but holy shit, they just keep going up and up and now they're at a point where even if they come down, it'll still be way more than I want to spend.

It's crazy how with COVID, some people don't have money to feed themselves and other people have money to buy stuff just to collect. I feel like we're in for another roaring 20s situation here.........
I sold a 1st edition foil Charizard card for like $500 two years ago. Had many of the 1st run of cards from when the game launched back in 1999. Boy do I feel silly now...

Did anyone's Monster Hunter Rise Console ship from whatever retailer you ordered from? I ordered mine from Best Buy still not shipped yet and usually I get stuff from them on release day.
I got a delay email, the steelbook shipped though.

I have a bunch of extra 3ds, I know I have majoras mask, Samus, both pikachus, hyrule edition, snes and maybe one more.

trading cards are all in a bubble right now. for sure.
Probably, which is why it's a great time to sell. And I do have some decent Pokemon cards that are worth a few bucks and they're all basically untouched but I just can't make myself sell them since I've had them since I was a kid.LOL

Probably, which is why it's a great time to sell. And I do have some decent Pokemon cards that are worth a few bucks and they're all basically untouched but I just can't make myself sell them since I've had them since I was a kid.LOL
Where would one go about unloading various CCG cards at a reasonable value to effort? Asking for a friend of course; I’d never let anything go ... no matter how long it sits untouched in a dark corner of a storage room.

Where would one go about unloading various CCG cards at a reasonable value to effort? Asking for a friend of course; I’d never let anything go ... no matter how long it sits untouched in a dark corner of a storage room.
Non-graded: eBay, TCGplayer, mercari

PSA CGC Graded: eBay

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

[attachment=35463:image.jpg]Received my MH Rise CE today from Amazon today and of corse it’s damaged despite the fact that it was shipped in a box which isn’t damaged. It must been put in the box that way.

Has anyone here ever returned something to target?

I printed out a return label before the return window expired, I just haven't been able to take it to a place to mail it back yet. I checked the email with the return label and it said "Target must receive by March 25th."

If I sent it back will I still get my money back?

Same happened to me. Will you return it?

attachicon.gif
image.jpgReceived my MH Rise CE today from Amazon today and of corse it’s damaged despite the fact that it was shipped in a box which isn’t damaged. It must been put in the box that way.

Anyone steelbook from beat buy got delayed for delivery?
My steelbook, CE, and Pro Controller have all been delayed to Monday, but they do all appear to be in transit.

That CE, by the way, looks like it is made from very flimsy packaging from that picture. I wouldn't be surprised if most of them end up being damaged in some way. Capcom cheaped out.

My steelbook, CE, and Pro Controller have all been delayed to Monday, but they do all appear to be in transit.

That CE, by the way, looks like it is made from very flimsy packaging from that picture. I wouldn't be surprised if most of them end up being damaged in some way. Capcom cheaped out.
Likely there isn't anything to support the sides with the amiibo packaging not reaching the sides. I think the game and sticker stuff is at the bottom.

I think the denting is pretty common.  Although the box is fairly small, there's a lot of open space inside with nothing to support the outer box. My local Best Buy had an extra copy with mild denting.  I bought it as I plan to open/use it anyway.

Got my monster hunter ce from best buy today. Arrived perfect condition no dents or anything. The amiibo on the other hand were all mailed separately in 3 different box sizes. 2 arrived good, one was bent to fit on the box...

So I saw a recent conversation like this (Prices/Collecting in this current enviroment) in the LRG forum post, so i am gonna copy my post from there:

*Preface, this is all my optimistic speculation/observation*

A supermajority of all this speculation and side-hustle has come from Covid forcing a lot of people indoors.  Back during the first lockdowns people started cleaning out their attics, etc and began selling off old games, pokemon/baseball cards, Funko Pops, etc. and found they were making some GOOD money off of these items. Then you have streamers like Jake Paul (Or Logan i forget) paying $500,000+ for Booster boxes to open on stream further fueling the get-rich-quick aspect of these hobbies. And on top of that you have tons of youtube channels (Angry Video Game Nerd, Heavy Metal Jesus, etc.) dedicated to the "Play this old hidden gem" style of video. 

So now you have a LARGE number of people working from home (easy access to ebay and other storefronts) and NOT going out to bars/clubs/restaurants, or even on vacations like they used to and they have quite a bit of extra income as a result.  Allowing them to spend extra on whatever there FOTM collectable might be.  The extra at-home time is giving them ample time to devour all this news/content and try to one-up consumers and sellers. (VERY much like everyone going into the stock market right now)

My optimism comes from the fact that once people get vaccinated and go out more (Summer of this year maybe?), we will begin to see prices dip a bit.  Will we see Path of Radiance drop down to $150 (December 2019 average) or less? Probably not, but this current hobby-market is 100% a bubble that is going to burst once more people start going out on weekends or vacationing more and have less disposable income to spend.

It really sucks right now, and is going to surge even more due to the new round of US Stimulus checks going out, but I am optimistic it wont be THIS crazy in 4-6 months.

I sold a 1st edition foil Charizard card for like $500 two years ago. Had many of the 1st run of cards from when the game launched back in 1999. Boy do I feel silly now...
The first month the CCG was out in NA, I opened back to back foil Charizards that I immediately flipped back to the LGS for $50 to buy a skate deck. I could have bought a house with those two cards now. . .

My Rise CE from BB came in a box that was about an inch too short, tented closed with tape and outer box smashed to hell. I’m glad I’m opening it.

My Rise CE from BB came in a box that was about an inch too short, tented closed with tape and outer box smashed to hell. I’m glad I’m opening it.
The exact thing happened with my MH:R order from Best Buy. It was squished into a smaller box so hard that you could see the groove mark in the flap of the box. The whole front was squished and the sides of the box are pushed out.

I'm so furious with how it's such a crap shoot on how well things get shipped. I know this is overreacting, but I'm wondering if a case could be made. If companies really wanted to make money, I'd gladly pay extra to have my item shipped safely and packed properly.

It's just ridiculous how mangled an item gets shipped, especially when you're paying a premium for it.

Non-graded: eBay, TCGplayer, mercari

PSA CGC Graded: eBay

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
I will add if you just want to sell to a buylist (and not individually sell on EBay/Mercari) that isn't TCGPlayer, I have had the best luck with Card Kingdom in Seattle, although that is with Magic so I don't know about their Pokemon buylist.

The exact thing happened with my MH:R order from Best Buy. It was squished into a smaller box so hard that you could see the groove mark in the flap of the box. The whole front was squished and the sides of the box are pushed out.

I'm so furious with how it's such a crap shoot on how well things get shipped. I know this is overreacting, but I'm wondering if a case could be made. If companies really wanted to make money, I'd gladly pay extra to have my item shipped safely and packed properly.

It's just ridiculous how mangled an item gets shipped, especially when you're paying a premium for it.
Most of my stores stock was shipped out to fulfill online orders. Nintendo's flimsy ass packaging and store employees trying to ship a bunch of orders out as quick as possible before UPS shows up isn't the best combo.

Still no word or rumor for a LiS True Colors CE or a physical Ultimate Edition?
Nope. If it is anything like LiS Before the Storm then it will be digital only and like a year from release they will put out a CE with the game/dlc/soundtrack/keychains/blah blah blah

Yes I know the base game has a physical edition, but it makes sense to them to get you to buy the ultimate edition digitally now just to buy the CE later on for collectors sake.

This seems to be the worst of the 5 New Era hats Sony San Diego has had for the 5 MLB The Show GS exclusive CE's they started in 2017. This hat is literally just a black hat with MLB The Show in white lettering on it. I thought it was just a placeholder image but apparently from what I saw on Twitter today that's just the actual hat.

RE Village CE and Mass Effect helmet thing both coming out next month. I pre-ordered both just to have. Gonna keep only one of them at most and might cancel both.

bread's done
Back